• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do You Watch -- What You Watch

Started by Kazimierz, November 17, 2013, 10:18:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazimierz

We, gulp, gave up cable about 6 years ago. We have an HD antennae + high speed internet + Netflix.  We spend about $33 per month. I get all of my seasonal stuff (Mad Men, heck on Wheels, Sons of Anarchy, Basic comedies) about a year late.  We have access to a ton of movies. 

There are short comings, however, I think not supplying the monopoly cable company another monthly payment is reward enough.  Truth is, we could afford the $150.00 per month for cable etc. But we enjoy just paying that that every 5 months.

How do you do it? Do you shell out the cash? or do you sneak by on less?

Jacketman65

IMO cable is the worst of all scenarios,  it's either Dish or Direct TV unless someone out there has a better suggestion!

Breitontime

I ditched Dish bout a year ago. Have Netflix now, and the internet. I can watch anything on the internet the day after it airs live. And, I cam still watch sports live.

HorseFeathers

Lions84

We have Dish and I am looking at cutting back.

Breitontime

I had Dish for three years. When the promotional pricing is up, call them, say I'm thinking of cancelling, and going with DirectTV, they'll give you another year of promotional pricing.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Breitontime on November 18, 2013, 11:41:47 am
I had Dish for three years. When the promotional pricing is up, call them, say I'm thinking of cancelling, and going with DirectTV, they'll give you another year of promotional pricing.

Or everytime they offer a new bonus to new customers...call them pitch a fit about being a loyal customer and feeling neglected...Lady I used to work with did this, got a free upgrade and a reduced price...

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas