• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can someone explain to me why this is offensive and....

Started by Baitshop, October 27, 2013, 06:03:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Baitshop

True Believer

Anything I say will get me in trouble. 

But I will say this.  I am sick of double standards.

dtrainsdad

I do not even know who she is and why her outfit would offend.  I also did not understand it when my daughter tried to explain it to me.  I am more of an educational or historical channel kind of guy.

dtrainsdad

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 27, 2013, 07:13:40 pm
Not Discovery Channel?

Of course, I watch that.   I do not watch a lot of network tv, too darn dumb.   Reality shows, dance shows, talent shows, etc,.    Like I said, too darn dumb.

Kazimierz

Quote from: dtrainsdad on October 27, 2013, 07:22:03 pm
Not Discovery Channel?

Of course, I watch that.   I do not watch a lot of network tv, too darn dumb.   Reality shows, dance shows, talent shows, etc,.    Like I said, too darn dumb.

For Huffpost to call this blackface is pretty petty. More race baiting if you ask me. Coal black face, white around the eyes and/or lips then with red lips.

That would be black face. She looks like some white sorority girls I went to college with... too much time in the tanning bed.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Kazimierz on October 27, 2013, 09:13:11 pm
Not Discovery Channel?

For Huffpost to call this blackface is pretty petty.

Typical for the Huffingpaint Post.  It's by no means any kind of credible source.

True Believer

Quote from: dtrainsdad on October 27, 2013, 07:10:18 pm
I do not even know who she is and why her outfit would offend.  I also did not understand it when my daughter tried to explain it to me.  I am more of an educational or historical channel kind of guy.

Changing the subject but did you see the documentaries on Dixie and the Appalachian Mts?   It was great!!   

Now back.  Anything that offends other people is not ok but it's OK to bash others.  Sick of IT!  Too old.  Put up with it for too long.  I'm done being and trying to not offend others when it's OK to bash what I believe and who I am.  Done and done.  So there!

ricepig

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 27, 2013, 10:08:35 pm
Not Discovery Channel?

For Huffpost to call this blackface is pretty petty.

Typical for the Huffingpaint Post.  It's by no means any kind of credible source.

Yep, when I saw where the info came from, I didn't even read it. I'd rather trust the National Enquirer.

Lions84

Not Discovery Channel?

For Huffpost to call this blackface is pretty petty. More race baiting if you ask me. Coal black face, white around the eyes and/or lips then with red lips.

That would be black face. She looks like some white sorority girls I went to college with... too much time in the tanning bed.

Same here I work with a cleaning lady that is anglo and is that dark.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas