• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Twitter

Started by HorseFeathers, March 02, 2013, 03:33:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

March 02, 2013, 03:33:11 pm Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 03:34:51 pm by HF
Is it worth my time??  All this hashtag business seems like a big hassle, but pretty sure the AAA has started using it to report state tournament scores(which is what got me interested in it). Just looking for some general input on this, cause I've resisted using it for this long, and find myself really in the dark about it.

3sportkid

very good for scores, follow some of the local sports writers, AAA and any specific team and you can keep up to date, almost real time with some

ricepig

March 02, 2013, 07:55:35 pm #2 Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 10:16:13 pm by ricepig
I seldom ever tweet, but I follow several sports writers, sports personalities, and a few other people/subjects that interest me. It's the quickest way, usually, to get breaking info om almost any subject. For instance, there are reporrs out now that Les Miles is resigning Monday due to an affair with a student, so far this is not confirmed. On coaching searches/hires I never believe anyone until Joe Schad tweets it. You'll soon learn who to follow and who to avoid

sevenof400

Something I did not know about Twitter is that you can follow accounts using a text only cell phone.  If you want to test the waters of Twitter without setting up an account (and giving away more personal data), try following a Twitter account via a text enabled cell phone.

Remember standard message rates may still apply.

Click here for article.

the green moose

gatecrasher

I like twitter. I use it mainly for sports. It's linked to my Facebook so I tweet and then a lot of conversation takes place on fb.

Follow me @gatecrasher3306. I'll follow back. Identify yourself as a FF poster if you do.

sevenof400

Gate,

What sports do you tweet scores for?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 06, 2013, 09:06:31 am
Gate,

What sports do you tweet scores for?

I know he posted a lot of the El Do stuff on facebook this past season

whippersnapper

Twitter is how I found out about Bret Bielema and Gus malzahn.

DogsWin7

I found after giving twitter a try and also while trying to expand my knowledge of the high tech world in which we live....I do not like twitter.   I am now twitter free and loving it.   Almost everything I seen on twitter was posted on here either first or shortly after.

Uncle Ivan

Twitter's a great instrument to use for the harassment of famous, obnoxious people.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas