• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Duck Dynasty

Started by True Believer, July 06, 2012, 08:26:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

I just walked in the door, from out of state.  Roaring fire, Christmas Lights on Mantel, Duck Dynasty on TV above Mantel. 6 college kids, family, including grand baby, laughing.  Happy, Happy, Happy. 

True Believer

Buy American.  That includes duck calls.  :)

AirWarren

Subdivision yuppie kids.

Valleysports

Ha ha not these!  One girl is a deer killing machine.  Two boys can't get enough ducks every morning.  Then there's mine, not really Rednecks but they hunt and prefer wild game to eat. One of those boys dad / grandpa are judges at the calling championship.  They'd all came in from a day of 4 Wheeling.

Unfortunately TB, Duck Commander Calls aren't top choice since Phil retired. About 10 yrs ago Willie discontinued the Call that put Phil on the map.  But that's OK, still have a good business and good people.

AirWarren

I don't ever want my child to be some subdivision yuppie kid!

Valleysports

Ha ha probably needs to be a compromise between extremes there Air Warren.  My kids have all harvested turkey, deer, squirrel in our back yard, but you wouldn't know it when they go out in public.  Honestly kids who grow up running around in the woods are blessed in today's world.  My grandbabies dad has never hunted or been interested, I'm going to teach his daughter the same as his wife.  ;). He buys Hog Hats for the baby and I bought a pink duck call for her. 

Eddie Goodson

I will advise anyone walking into that warehouse to not wear Razorback gear. Willie will mock you. Been there done that.

phdefense

December 13, 2012, 02:37:04 pm #57 Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:38:52 am by phdefense
Quote from: Valleysports on November 22, 2012, 08:09:35 pm
Word on the street (that means my DD's boyfriend) - Robinson's will be in Stuggart Saturday, for the Stuggart Duck Calling Festival..
They were in Stuttgart for the Wings Over the Prairie Festival. So I guess your DD's boyfriend is a reliable Robertson source.

Valleysports

You have to give people a break now days, with all these electronic gadgets changing the spelling the way it see's fit.  ha ha I-pad.

good times

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 12, 2012, 07:56:07 pm
I went to the warehouse again yesterday. I was shocked at the number of people they have had to hire. There was at least 40 cars on the lot of workers. They are so busy it is unreal.
Do Si, Jase, and the rest of the crew really work in the warehouse or is that just part of the show. It seems they would be to busy promoting the show and hunting to work much.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: good times on December 14, 2012, 11:06:12 am
I went to the warehouse again yesterday. I was shocked at the number of people they have had to hire. There was at least 40 cars on the lot of workers. They are so busy it is unreal.
Do Si, Jase, and the rest of the crew really work in the warehouse or is that just part of the show. It seems they would be to busy promoting the show and hunting to work much.
Yes, they are all around there working, but if anyone thinks those guys are locked in a room making all the duck calls, they're buying too much into the show. They have crews making calls now. Si doesn't work around there much and is rarely there. Jase spends much of his time traveling and speaking in churches and hunter's gatherings.

AirWarren

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 14, 2012, 12:44:10 pm
Yes, they are all around there working, but if anyone thinks those guys are locked in a room making all the duck calls, they're buying too much into the show. They have crews making calls now. Si doesn't work around there much and is rarely there. Jase spends much of his time traveling and speaking in churches and hunter's gatherings.

That's what I told my wife. There is a MUCH bigger operation going on in that warehouse than what the tv is showing. No way they are a multimillion dollar company with those guys goofing off like they do.

good times

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 14, 2012, 12:44:10 pm
I know the grass is always greener .... but that would be a great life to lead.

Valleysports

I made the comment that Duck Commander Calls aren't the top choice anymore and they're not among veteran callers.  But I was in a Sporting Goods Store yesterday and someone called in asking if they had them.  The employee told me they can't keep them in stock.  Apparently getting Duck Commander Calls, for Christmas, is all the rage now.  Ha ha, I'm trying to get a Rich N Tone, Duck Hunter Combo, if anyone lives near a Cabela's or Mack's. Cabela's in Rogers is out.  It's that Duck Dynasty!

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on December 18, 2012, 02:35:49 pm
I made the comment that Duck Commander Calls aren't the top choice anymore and they're not among veteran callers.  But I was in a Sporting Goods Store yesterday and someone called in asking if they had them.  The employee told me they can't keep them in stock.  Apparently getting Duck Commander Calls, for Christmas, is all the rage now.  Ha ha, I'm trying to get a Rich N Tone, Duck Hunter Combo, if anyone lives near a Cabela's or Mack's. Cabela's in Rogers is out.  It's that Duck Dynasty!

Have you thought about trying the internet?   ;D

phdefense

Valleysports

December 18, 2012, 06:02:05 pm #66 Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 06:04:37 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: ricepig on December 18, 2012, 05:46:33 pm

Ha ha of course...  I'll make order in the morning from the net, but concerned about it getting here by end of week.  If you'd just pick one up for me, I'd come get it and hunt ducks with you thurs morning...  Oh and I'm going to get one Duck Commander Call - the Pintail Whistle for $10 bucks, it's pretty good.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on December 18, 2012, 06:02:05 pm

Ha ha of course...  I'll make order in the morning from the net, but concerned about it getting here by end of week.  If you'd just pick one up for me, I'd come get it and hunt ducks with you thurs morning...  Oh and I'm going to get one Duck Commander Call - the Pintail Whistle for $10 bucks, it's pretty good.

I know they had some RNT's at DNW's, not sure on the Duck Hunter Combo, seemed like they all were $130 types. It probably wouldn't be the great of a hunt, I didn't go today, but my son said it was slow. We need the cold front to push some more down.

phdefense

Quote from: ricepig on December 18, 2012, 08:21:01 pm

I know they had some RNT's at DNW's, not sure on the Duck Hunter Combo, seemed like they all were $130 types. It probably wouldn't be the great of a hunt, I didn't go today, but my son said it was slow. We need the cold front to push some more down.
Saw a tweet of a guy in Sugartown that got his limit in Mallards and made it to work on time by 8:00.

fastdrop

Quote from: phdefense on December 19, 2012, 09:19:34 am
Quote from: ricepig on December 18, 2012, 08:21:01 pm

Saw a tweet of a guy in Sugartown that got his limit in Mallards and made it to work on time by 8:00.
best duck hunts

best duck hunts I have ever been on I never used a duck call. All the water was frozen in the area except the spot I was sitting at. I could of killed them with a baseball bat.

I will be more than happy to have poor duck hunting and nice weather...

Valleysports

We dream of those days fastdrop  ;D  On 4 of our properties we have pumps and a creek flowing into a lake like slough at another.  When it freezes we turn the pumps on so that we are one of the few unfrozen places.  It's just like you say every time!  No calling, no decoys, ducks don't even circle - just come straight in.

fastdrop

Quote from: Valleysports on December 19, 2012, 11:02:24 am
We dream of those days fastdrop  ;D  On 4 of our properties we have pumps and a creek flowing into a lake like slough at another.  When it freezes we turn the pumps on so that we are one of the few unfrozen places.  It's just like you say every time!  No calling, no decoys, ducks don't even circle - just come straight in.
All you have to worry about is the Game Warden....LOL Hard to just stick with a limit.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on December 19, 2012, 11:05:39 am
Quote from: Valleysports on December 19, 2012, 11:02:24 am
All you have to worry about is the Game Warden....LOL Hard to just stick with a limit.

Yep, the good old days of having the plug out and a riot magazine on are over, the game warden no longer hunts with us.

Moonshiner

Quote from: bleudog on September 22, 2012, 08:16:19 am
Willie was at the Baylor-NLULM game last night for the coin flip. He's an Indian/Warhawk alumnus.
Willie was known as Jess when I knew him at Harding. Jess is his middle name. He and his wife both came back to speak at Harding a few weeks ago. Good people. They each look totally different now.

bleudog

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 20, 2012, 10:46:42 pm
Quote from: bleudog on September 22, 2012, 08:16:19 am
Willie was at the Baylor-NLULM game last night for the coin flip. He's an Indian/Warhawk alumnus.
Willie was known as Jess when I knew him at Harding. Jess is his middle name. He and his wife both came back to speak at Harding a few weeks ago. Good people. They each look totally different now.

Sorry about assuming he had a background with NLULM.  Here's a clip from the Harding appearance: 

True Believer

I love the Christmas episode.  When Mrs. Kay asks Phil about the mistletoe it reminded me of when my dad would take us out to find a Christmas tree.  We never bought one off of a lot when I was growing up.  He would shoot mistletoe out of the trees for us to take home.  Once we went in the snow.  Good times!

Then mom bought one of those silver trees with the rotating light.  That was the end of our Christmas tree hunting. 

I love this show. 

Texarkana_Piggie

my nephew came over tonight.  i asked him is he was auditioning for a spot on this show.  he for sure looks the part!

True Believer

I know many people who say they don't get Duck Dynasty.  I wasn't sure about it myself at first.  I am now a die hard fan.

Because it's clean. It's about family.  It's about God.  I think we all have a Mr. Phil, Mrs. Kay, Willie, Jase and Uncle Si in our family.  I know I sure do.

My friend on fb posted this link:

http://robsumrall.wordpress.com/2012/12/12/what-duck-commander-is-really-selling/

bleudog

Quote from: True Believer on December 29, 2012, 07:58:45 pm
I know many people who say they don't get Duck Dynasty.  I wasn't sure about it myself at first.  I am now a die hard fan.

Because it's clean. It's about family.  It's about God.  I think we all have a Mr. Phil, Mrs. Kay, Willie, Jase and Uncle Si in our family.  I know I sure do.

My friend on fb posted this link:

http://robsumrall.wordpress.com/2012/12/12/what-duck-commander-is-really-selling/

Along those lines:  http://www.thepoachedegg.net/the-poached-egg/2012/12/5-reasons-america-needs-duck-dynasty.html

AirWarren

Skeptical at first but I LOVE THIS SHOW NOW! Can't wait to make my next trip to Monroe because I am going to take my wife to their shop.

AND I have an official SI tea class now.

DogsWin7

Got their book for Christmas!

Eddie Goodson

Phil's Meat Marinade is straightup awesome. Wife used it yesterday in some green and I almost hurt myself. We use it with all kinds of meat and have not found any that it doesn't improve. I go there just for that.

fastdrop

I gave the show another try..... Lasted about 10 min.

True Believer

I have a friend that is on the Yucatan Peninsula right now.  He told me that they are on down there and they are speaking  espanol...lol.

I would love to see that!

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: fastdrop on December 30, 2012, 11:06:13 am
Then you can watch something else.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on December 30, 2012, 11:06:13 am

Yep, not much on it either. I really don't care for the perceived/conceived reality shows, although I do enjoy Gold Rush a little.

Valleysports

Our two favorite shows Duck Dynasty & Gold Rush.

True Believer

I think of Duck Dynasty as our Andy Griffith of years gone by. 

You have to have a sense of humor to enjoy it.  Yeah.  You do.

And understand it's really not a reality show. 

fastdrop

Yawns...... The last one I saw some of was when the daughter was trying to learn how to drive. This show makes me want to watch I love Lucy re runs.

Valleysports

What do you watch, fastdrop?

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on December 30, 2012, 02:44:06 pm

So, it's a scripted comedy?

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2012, 03:40:03 pm

Duh! Of course it is. It is not a reality TV show. They may not have a rigid script with lines, but it is scripted.

Eddie Goodson

ricepig

December 30, 2012, 04:00:53 pm #93 Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 04:33:51 pm by Eddie Goodson
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 30, 2012, 03:54:15 pm
Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2012, 03:40:03 pm

Duh! Of course it is. It is not a reality TV show. They may not have a rigid script with lines, but it is scripted.

link

fastdrop

Quote from: Valleysports on December 30, 2012, 03:17:08 pm
I love Lucy was a better show and I hated it with a passion.

Eddie Goodson

Everything you see is staged. Everything. Anybody who thinks reality TV is reality is naive.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: fastdrop on December 30, 2012, 04:06:33 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on December 30, 2012, 03:17:08 pm
I love Lucy was a better show and I hated it with a passion.
Then go find something you like and watch it and stop flaming this thread.

fastdrop

I find Dog the bounty hunter more interesting. I find Dog more of the Christian example. Go to the sinners and do your best to help them. But at show is not on right now.

ricepig

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 30, 2012, 04:11:41 pm
Everything you see is staged. Everything. Anybody who thinks reality TV is reality is naive.

Oh, I agree 100%, just showing you that it is in the "reality" genre. All reality shows do is replace real actors with characters. Enjoy your show.

Valleysports

Quote from: fastdrop on December 30, 2012, 04:29:14 pm
I find Dog the bounty hunter more interesting. I find Dog more of the Christian example. Go to the sinners and do your best to help them. But at show is not on right now.

Moderator?  You've got to do something about this?   ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas