• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best junior high boys and girls team in 1A

Started by breezy b, November 29, 2017, 10:40:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

breezy b

BannerMountainMan

BigLion10

breezy b

Quote from: BigLion10 on November 29, 2017, 10:57:57 am
There is a junior high board on here
I didn't see it so here is another one. your welcome

thebigman3

breezy b

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 29, 2017, 12:53:28 pm
Rural Special Junior girls are really good.
I agree 100% especially their point guard number 3 and the sutterfield girl.

NEABallftw

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 29, 2017, 10:48:23 am
Boys is definetly Wonderview

They are good, but they run everything to wing to coach squires son who has in the gym range. 

ballmember

Would like for these junior teams to expand and play some tough competition.   Sometimes hard for junior high to do and they suffer.  Rural Special hasnt played much competition.  Sutterfield girl to improve should be playing on the senior team, they need her help.   

ballmember

Would like to see Wonderview and Greers Ferry Westside junior boys play each other.  I realize that Squires at wonderview is a good coach.   Westside may have the best junior boy around,  I think just an 8th grader. 

thebigman3

I mean I like number 4 from WV as the best player. and I like Greer's Ferry boys as the best team. But they are probably the top 2. From what I've seen so far. What abt Mount Vernon Junior boys? Their usually always good.

teamworkwins

breezy b

Quote from: ballmember on November 29, 2017, 03:11:19 pm
Would like for these junior teams to expand and play some tough competition.   Sometimes hard for junior high to do and they suffer.  Rural Special hasnt played much competition.  Sutterfield girl to improve should be playing on the senior team, they need her help.
I agree, the linville girl i think that is her last name, just to play it safe ill say number 3.....should also be moved up

thebigman3

I've always thought they should go farther than district. A state championship for junior high would be fun. But that is just something to wish and think about. Never will happen I don't think.

SCHawg

Quote from: JagHog on November 29, 2017, 02:29:01 pm
They are good, but they run everything to wing to coach squires son who has in the gym range.
If he's the best player why not?

teamworkwins

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 29, 2017, 03:32:18 pm
I mean I like number 4 from WV as the best player. and I like Greer's Ferry boys as the best team. But they are probably the top 2. From what I've seen so far. What abt Mount Vernon Junior boys? Their usually always good.
MV Jr boys seeded #2 in the GFLC. May come down to them and WS jr boys in the finals. Might be a good game... I don't know. Haven't seen MV boys play.

thebigman3

Quote from: teamworkwins on November 30, 2017, 11:03:45 am
MV Jr boys seeded #2 in the GFLC. May come down to them and WS jr boys in the finals. Might be a good game... I don't know. Haven't seen MV boys play.
Neither have I, but from what I heard they're pretty straight. I have seen GFWS boys play and their pretty good too.

Rebelgoat34

Quote from: breezy b on November 30, 2017, 10:07:53 am
I agree, the linville girl i think that is her last name, just to play it safe ill say number 3.....should also be moved up
nah she should stay in junior high. Sutterfield would help though.

ballmember

junior high and senior high are totally different.   You can have a real good junior high team and they may not be real good when they get senior high.   Junior high just press and your talent wins out. Don't require too much coaching.     Senior high requires much more.   Not everyone makes a big jump when they go to senior high.   

Ba$ketballFan54321

Quote from: ballmember on December 01, 2017, 11:19:39 am
junior high and senior high are totally different.   You can have a real good junior high team and they may not be real good when they get senior high.   Junior high just press and your talent wins out. Don't require too much coaching.     Senior high requires much more.   Not everyone makes a big jump when they go to senior high.

I completely agree with your first point, junior high success does not guarantee senior high success. But I'm not so sure about your second point. You have 12-15 year old kids, many of them who are just playing organized ball... they require ALOT of coaching. You can't just roll the ball out there and bank on your talent to win. Sure, more talent almost always beat less talent. Even when the less talented team is well coached. That's true from Pee Wee up to the NBA.
But.. it takes a good deal of coaching to effectively run a press or any kind of offense or defense. At least by the time kids get to senior high they have a few years of organized experience and they know what they're doing. In junior high, it's the first time some of these kids have even ran a real offense. Coaching is crucial.

Robert_Dorfenshootze

December 01, 2017, 11:56:23 am #19 Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 11:58:42 am by Robert_Dorfenshootze
Quote from: Ba$ketballFan54321 on December 01, 2017, 11:47:55 am
I completely agree with your first point, junior high success does not guarantee senior high success. But I'm not so sure about your second point. You have 12-15 year old kids, many of them who are just playing organized ball... they require ALOT of coaching. You can't just roll the ball out there and bank on your talent to win. Sure, more talent almost always beat less talent. Even when the less talented team is well coached. That's true from Pee Wee up to the NBA.
But.. it takes a good deal of coaching to effectively run a press or any kind of offense or defense. At least by the time kids get to senior high they have a few years of organized experience and they know what they're doing. In junior high, it's the first time some of these kids have even ran a real offense. Coaching is crucial.

I can't speak for ballmember, but I feel fairly certain you misinterpreted what he said. He wasn't saying coaching isn't important to development...obviously it is.
He was saying wins and losses in Jr high are more determined by talent than coaching when compared to sr high. Jr high is much more indicative of who has hit growth spurts at earlier ages, matured physically earlier, etc. A super athletic team can understand Jack crap about how to rotate in a press correctly and still cause 20 turnovers a game based on their athleticism. By sr high, a lot of the physical part evens out and more kids are closer to maturity so coaching comes in more to dictate wins and losses. I think that was his point. It's of course not always the case, but generally accurate imo.

Ba$ketballFan54321

Quote from: Robert_Dorfenshootze on December 01, 2017, 11:56:23 am
I can't speak for ballmember, but I feel fairly certain you misinterpreted what he said. He wasn't saying coaching isn't important to development...obviously it is.
He was saying wins and losses in Jr high are more determined by talent than coaching when compared to sr high. Jr high is much more indicative of who has hit growth spurts at earlier ages, matured physically earlier, etc. A super athletic team can understand Jack crap about how to rotate in a press correctly and still cause 20 turnovers a game based on their athleticism. By sr high, a lot of the physical part evens out and more kids are closer to maturity so coaching comes in more to dictate wins and losses. I think that was his point.

Yes, that is true and I agree with all of that! My bad for misinterpreting. Coaching for development and actually winning games aren't necessarily related.

SCHawg

Quote from: Ba$ketballFan54321 on December 01, 2017, 11:47:55 am
Running a real offense is the problem some coaches have.  I've seen coaches with as many as 20 plays.  Develop players not plays!

thebigman3

Quote from: SCHawg on December 01, 2017, 12:41:04 pm
Running a real offense is the problem some coaches have.  I've seen coaches with as many as 20 plays.  Develop players not plays!
+1

Neckred

Quote from: SCHawg on December 01, 2017, 12:41:04 pm
Haha this very true.  Called overcoaching, see it all the time!  I know a coach who has over 30 plays.  He's never won anything.....

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Neckred on December 01, 2017, 01:45:14 pm
Haha this very true.  Called overcoaching, see it all the time!  I know a coach who has over 30 plays.  He's never won anything.....

Then when the coach only runs a couple plays and let's the kids play, parents holler he don't know what he's doing. I would rather have my coach making the decision of who gets the ball in what position on the court in high school rather than the players.

Woodrow1

Quote from: breezy b on November 30, 2017, 10:07:53 am

Yeah Linville is her last name.  Man, her Momma (Kim Sherrell, ICC) could play!!  Good thing she took after her!!

yesteryearman

I hear that Emerson has a very good Jr Girls team, and has one really good player....who will help Sr's at end of Junior season.

BasketballNeverStops

I remember going to Mulberry for Regional Tournament my sophomore year and one of the banners said "1965 Junior Boys State Champions"on it. I couldn't stop looking at it because I was astonished at the fact they had a Jr. High State Tournament back in the day.

thebigman3

I don't know why they got rid of it! SackAttack! I'm sure you know why the Triple A got rid of it. I love hearing your disgust of them😂

Waterboy3

Western Grove Junior Boys? 25-2 is pretty dang good!

BannerMountainMan

riccoar

Quote from: fann07 on December 01, 2017, 02:01:21 pm
Then when the coach only runs a couple plays and let's the kids play, parents holler he don't know what he's doing. I would rather have my coach making the decision of who gets the ball in what position on the court in high school rather than the players.
Well, that's why we pay coaches.  But in 1A, if you think your coach is a dweeb, not playing your kid properly, or think he needs to be fired, there are several schools that will help you in your quest to turn your child into a selfish brat that always gets their way.

1Lurker

ICC Junior Boys went 25-1 (without Faulkner-moved up) with wins over Tuckerman, Cave City, & Mtn. View. only loss was Corning.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: riccoar on March 07, 2018, 12:39:43 pm
did they beat WSGF?
different conference,  but they moved up 5 of them in district and regionals and they would sub them 5 in together and switch with the starting 5

Flobbito

March 07, 2018, 01:16:22 pm #37 Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:18:56 pm by Flobbito
I'm surprised no one mentioned MVE Jr. Girls, they beat Rural Special twice and Wonderview twice (at WV for both). Went 25-2 with a loss to a very good Bigelow team and Vilonia in the Faulkner County tournament championship game.

riccoar

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 07, 2018, 01:02:11 pm
different conference,  but they moved up 5 of them in district and regionals and they would sub them 5 in together and switch with the starting 5
I ask because they were slated to play each other when the Senior B/G came to play Wonderview.

1Lurker

Quote from: Flobbito on March 07, 2018, 01:16:22 pm
I'm surprised no one mentioned MVE Jr. Girls, they beat Rural Special twice and Wonderview twice (at WV for both). Went 25-2 with a loss to a very good Bigelow team and Vilonia in the Faulkner County tournament championship game.

I was pretty impressed by Rural. Beating them twice is no easy feat.

BasketballNeverStops

Keep an eye out for the Sr. High 1A-5 Conference over the next couple of years. Based on this season alone in junior high, West Side boys, Rural girls, Wonderview boys, and MVE boys and girls all had solid seasons, and they will all be together in that loaded conference starting next season.

Flobbito

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on March 09, 2018, 04:00:33 am
Keep an eye out for the Sr. High 1A-5 Conference over the next couple of years. Based on this season alone in junior high, West Side boys, Rural girls, Wonderview boys, and MVE boys and girls all had solid seasons, and they will all be together in that loaded conference starting next season.

I think you could add GP Jr. Boys, Concord boys and girls, and WSGF girls to that, at least their 9th grade was salty.

Eagle_Mom_2

Best individual player in junior girls in the state was at Greers Ferry this year. She will be all state next year. Heard it here first...unless someone told you before I made this post. In that case...you heard it there first. But at least you know.
Haley Gentry. 20 plus a game next year as sophomore.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas