• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Greatest Band ever...

Started by Coach Venny Slocombe, September 28, 2012, 10:36:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DogsWin7

Uncle Ivan

Hoghead

I still have the original Captain Skyy Album !

AirWarren

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2013, 05:45:07 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 05, 2013, 09:10:01 pm
Cannibal Corpse

That's some dark shh right there man.

They were an introduction into death metal.

Started listening to them after seeing them in an Ace Ventura movie, of all things.

rdhill

Here is my list Metallica,Mudvayne,Stone Sour,Slipknot,In this moment. Man i am ready for another Edge Fest at the state fairgrounds.

Hoghead

THE FATBACK BAND !!!!! "BACKSTROKE"

DogsWin7

Roxette
Starship
Foreigner
Bob Seger
Mr. Mister

I have been watching some of the livefromdarylshouse shows featuring Daryl Hall and various other artists.  He can still sing. 

Hoghead

bleudog

Quote from: Hoghead on December 23, 2013, 11:47:54 pm
Otis Day & The Kinights ! 

Now waaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt a minute. ;D

DogsWin7

Pink Floyd
Stevie Nicks - Fleetwood Mac

sixthman

I listen to all kinds of stuff but I'm Metallica all the way. All others are inferior.

Hoghead

Tower of Power !!!!!   You're still a young man !

bleudog

Quote from: Hoghead on March 16, 2014, 03:17:39 am

But HH, what is hip?  8)

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: bleudog on March 16, 2014, 09:41:57 am
Quote from: Hoghead on March 16, 2014, 03:17:39 am

But HH, what is hip?  8)

If you think you know...

Hoghead

Scooter2121

Uncle Ivan

Big Fan

If you're going by record sales it would probably be The Beatles first and Zepplin second.   

cuckoobird

You've got to have Nirvana in there somewhere.

DogsWin7

Kurt was able to write and grasp a group in the 90's that had a different sound...IMO.

Do any of you see the new up and coming bands or groups of today having the same staying power or music that can measure up to some already listed???   

There just doesn't seem to be the same musical talent as of old....in my opinion, but I'm old...:)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 09, 2014, 04:59:27 pm
Kurt was able to write and grasp a group in the 90's that had a different sound...IMO.

Do any of you see the new up and coming bands or groups of today having the same staying power or music that can measure up to some already listed???   

There just doesn't seem to be the same musical talent as of old....in my opinion, but I'm old...:)

Probably some talent like old in there...just nothing stays popular for very long it seems. I'm 25 and the classic rock stations are already playing stuff I grew up with....Heck I heard Backstreet Boys on 94.1 the other day, it was disturbing....cause that's not rock, nor classic...more like crap or trash...

Hoghead

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 09, 2014, 12:25:02 pm
You've got to have Nirvana in there somewhere.

Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, and STP were my main playlists in high school.  Along with The Cranberries and Radiohead (before they became pretentious dooshes).

cuckoobird

I love all of those too, then add the counting crows, black crows, and pearljam.

DogsWin7

Quote from: HF on July 16, 2014, 12:08:06 am

Probably some talent like old in there...just nothing stays popular for very long it seems. I'm 25 and the classic rock stations are already playing stuff I grew up with....Heck I heard Backstreet Boys on 94.1 the other day, it was disturbing....cause that's not rock, nor classic...more like crap or trash...

I never did care for their music...can't really explain it.    Anymore, radio stations seem to play whatever hits their mood or what's requested.   I was listening to a classic rock station the other day and Country music came on.  I seriously thought my radio was messing up.   I like a lot of different music, though....just have to be in a certain mood to listen to certain artists, and lyrics. 

Who would be "The Greatest Singer/Songwriter of All Time??     

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 18, 2014, 05:50:57 pm

I never did care for their music...can't really explain it.    Anymore, radio stations seem to play whatever hits their mood or what's requested.   I was listening to a classic rock station the other day and Country music came on.  I seriously thought my radio was messing up.   I like a lot of different music, though....just have to be in a certain mood to listen to certain artists, and lyrics. 

You mean like the occassional Taylor Swift song on the Edge? Just because you take a bubble gum country song and add a drum track to it, does not mean it's "Rock"...it makes it more bubble gum Teenie bopper crap lol

Brian G

Chief_Osceola™

Songwriters - Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel, Bob Dylan

There are a lot more great songwriters but those were my first reaction.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on July 18, 2014, 08:17:13 pm

Songwriters - Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel, Bob Dylan

There are a lot more great songwriters but those were my first reaction.

Second Bob Dylan...

Big Fan

This was my anthem growing up........

AirWarren

Quote from: B.G. on July 18, 2014, 08:00:52 pm
N Sync
Hanson

You may laugh but justin timberland is pretty talented.

Hoghead

cuckoobird

Timberlake? I think youre confusing him with those boots that make you taller

TheMercenary

I saw an awesome documentary on Netflix-
Muscle Shoals

AMAZING how many Soul Music hits were put out by a bunch of Good Ole Country white boys!

I would highly recommend checking it out.

DogsWin7

I need Netflix.    Seems to be a lot of good stuff on there.    I'll try to search them on youtube.   

bleudog

Quote from: TheMercenary on July 31, 2014, 12:50:56 pm
I saw an awesome documentary on Netflix-
Muscle Shoals

AMAZING how many Soul Music hits were put out by a bunch of Good Ole Country white boys!

I would highly recommend checking it out.

Excellent documentary.  It's also been shown on PBS.

Quote from: bleudog on July 16, 2013, 11:13:35 pm
No particular order:

Allman Brothers
Chicago (before Terry Kath managed to shoot himself)
Roomful of Blues
Tower of Power
Blood, Sweat and Tears
The Band (RIP Levon)
Yes
The Funk Brothers (Motown studio band)
Booker T and the MGs / The Memphis Horns (Stax studio band)
The Swampers (FAME studio band aka Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section)*
Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys
The Byrds
New Grass Revival
BeauSoleil
ZZ Top
Any band Eric Clapton was in

*Now Muscle Shoals has got The Swampers
  And they've been known to pick a song or two
  (Yes, they do!)
  Lord, they get me off so much
  They pick me up when I'm feeling blue, now how about you?
Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Sweet Home Alabama
"

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=81384.msg1690957#msg1690957

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 06, 2013, 12:11:45 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2013, 05:45:07 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 05, 2013, 09:10:01 pm
Cannibal Corpse

That's some dark shh right there man.

They were an introduction into death metal.

Started listening to them after seeing them in an Ace Ventura movie, of all things.

Interesting side note - they appeared in Ace Ventura because they are one of Jim Carrey's favorite bands.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas