• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Championship Junction City Vs Hazen

Started by Monsta, December 01, 2018, 08:33:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will be crowned the best in 2A

Hazen Hornets
81 (57%)
Junction City Dragons
61 (43%)

Total Members Voted: 142

Voting closed: December 06, 2018, 09:26:22 pm

dragondad

Quote from: Wilson on December 08, 2018, 06:17:26 pm
one guy one 42sports facebook post for score predictions said something like 70-6 Hazen. . .and he was serious. . .cause he defended his prediction 3 or 4 times. . .I was like. . .man. . .the stank weed is potent in Hazen today. . . ;)
Exactly,  there's even Carlisle fans on there whining about 2013.   No tissues needed here Cav,  I was simply responding to someone whining about us and our replies..... and laughing the whole time, because it's all so sweet to give back a little of what weve taken the last two weeks.

bleudog

72aDaddy

Quote from: amehr36 on December 08, 2018, 06:32:00 pm
The main thing between my ears in regards to this is SEVEN state championships.
And I expect no less of a response.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: amehr36 on December 08, 2018, 06:01:18 pm
First they say they're gonna beat us. Then they accuse us of cheating.  Then they get mad we defend ourselves. Then they get mad we clap back at them after we thrash them. There's just no pleasing the weenies from the other teams.
Who u calling  weenies -Amber

amehr36

Hasbeen92

Hornetsfan02

Quote from: amehr36 on December 08, 2018, 06:01:18 pm
First they say they're gonna beat us. Then they accuse us of cheating.  Then they get mad we defend ourselves. Then they get mad we clap back at them after we thrash them. There's just no pleasing the weenies from the other teams.
thrash is not the word I would use for that game lol. It was a great game until y'all scored to go up by 7. Hazen honestly had a good chance. If we punt instead of running that awful fake, 95% chance y'all don't score. And had penn not been called out of bounds on the one run, we go in to half up by at least 16. Oh and penn bobbled then dropped what would have been a touch down pass. If hazen were able to capitalize on opportunities, they would have went home with a trophy.

amehr36

If it's and buts were candy and nuts wouldn't it be a merry Christmas... oh it will be for Junction folks cause not only did we win but we were right.  Ha.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: amehr36 on December 08, 2018, 10:26:42 pm
If it's and buts were candy and nuts wouldn't it be a merry Christmas... oh it will be for Junction folks cause not only did we win but we were right.  Ha.
Good one Amber

amehr36

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on December 08, 2018, 10:30:15 pm
Good one Amber

So you're really gonna push the Amber thing eh?  "Good one"....

THA TRUTH

Let's entertain.....
1. If the refs didn't give y'all a gift the first Td is off the board
2. The roughing the punter play gift y'all another chance after hazen hadn't moved the ball much after the first drive

Score was more likely to be 45-6 than Hazen coming away with the W.....

Hornetsfan02

I'm not taking anything away from how good junction city was . I guess y'all just don't understand. Junction city executed and took advantage of the opportunities they were given. Hazen did not. When it comes to a game where its two great teams like that, you have to take advantage of every opportunity you get and hope calls go your way. They just didn't go in favor of hazen. That's why they went home they went with the smaller trophy.

amehr36

Ummm as far as calls going someone's way y'all got those all night.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Hornetsfan02 on December 08, 2018, 10:35:55 pm
I'm not taking anything away from how good junction city was . I guess y'all just don't understand. Junction city executed and took advantage of the opportunities they were given. Hazen did not. When it comes to a game where its two great teams like that, you have to take advantage of every opportunity you get and hope calls go your way. They just didn't go in favor of hazen. That's why they went home they went with the smaller trophy.

Na just played a more superior team that will just be back next year

Hasbeen92

Hornetsfan02

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 08, 2018, 10:33:58 pm

Let's entertain.....
1. If the refs didn't give y'all a gift the first Td is off the board
2. The roughing the punter play gift y'all another chance after hazen hadn't moved the ball much after the first drive

Score was more likely to be 45-6 than Hazen coming away with the W.....
refs gave y'all a gift of not calling the one backwards pass, and they gave y'all a gift by calling penn out of bounds. And about the roughing the punter call, that exact same call was made today in the Osceola vs. Booneville game. And I'm sure that if we would have hit y'all a punter on a play like that they would have called it

Hornetsfan02

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 08, 2018, 10:38:42 pm

Na just played a more superior team that will just be back next year
y'all are a good team and yes, y'all most likely will be back next year. But if hazen takes advantage of opportunities and gets a call or two in their favor then they leave with a ring

THA TRUTH

Wasn't a backwards pass....
His foot was out of bounds just like the catch on the late pass but y'all got another chance given by the refs but weren't good enough to take advantage

The punt call was correct but it was a gift given to Hazen unnecessarily that they did nothing to deserve.... 3 drives isnt gonna do whenever taking on the king

thabeast428

First of all it wasn't a backwards pass and 2nd who really knows if he was out or not bc was hard to tell 3rd y'all a receiver came down on an excellent catch and first foot landed out of bounds 4th ur probably right they would have called it if was other way around so it is what it is. Lastly the game is over and turned out to be a good game.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Hornetsfan02 on December 08, 2018, 10:44:25 pm
y'all are a good team and yes, y'all most likely will be back next year. But if hazen takes advantage of opportunities and gets a call or two in their favor then they leave with a ring

A call or two huh lol y'all got all the aid u could get and it still wasn't enough stop with ur trash comments about this game

Hornetsfan02

Quote from: thabeast428 on December 08, 2018, 10:46:38 pm
First of all it wasn't a backwards pass and 2nd who really knows if he was out or not bc was hard to tell 3rd y'all a receiver came down on an excellent catch and first foot landed out of bounds 4th ur probably right they would have called it if was other way around so it is what it is. Lastly the game is over and turned out to be a good game.
hazen fans will say it was backwards JC fans will say it wasn't. Refs called it forwards though. Just like they called penn out and the receiver in. The receiver was an awful call cause he was out by a good 3 inches 😂. But on the screen you could see green on both sides of the rbs foot. But like you said, it's all up to the refs. I was just saying if those two other calls had gone our way, the game would have been different. And if penn caught that ball. And if our QB wouldn't have blown the fake. But it's all in the past.

Hornetsfan02

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 08, 2018, 10:47:55 pm

A call or two huh lol y'all got all the aid u could get and it still wasn't enough stop with ur trash comments about this game
please, tell me the calls that went our way. Cause I guess I missed all of them

thabeast428

Yea the qb made it real obvious with his hands I knew it was a fake for sure then. Bc they didn't snap the ball the first time when he did it

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Hornetsfan02 on December 08, 2018, 10:56:17 pm
please, tell me the calls that went our way. Cause I guess I missed all of them

Lol y'all go to a TD off a mistake by the refs stop it

Hornetsfan02

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 08, 2018, 10:59:51 pm

Lol y'all go to a TD off a mistake by the refs stop it
yeah and we lost 2 tds off of ref mistakes lol. Your about as smart as sock full of pennies

THA TRUTH

What mistakes??? It wasn't  backwards pass so what else are u imagining???

Hornetsfan02

Penn wasn't out of bounds 😂 he had a good 3 inches. And if it wasn't a backwards pass thenwhy did jc players react the way they did? You need to get some lasik or glasses or something grandpa

THA TRUTH

Hornetsfan02

Ahh classic you got me on that one. I'm gonna go cry to my mommy just like JC will when they get out back in 3a and can't win anymore titles

Hornetsfan02

And before you get in your feelings about that last comment, please understand it was a joke. AAA won't put JC back in 3a cause they don't feel like dealing with all you whiny fans.

THA TRUTH

Terrible comeback

THA TRUTH- 1
Hazen idiot- 0

Hornetsfan02

Well if you ask me   

JC idiot-0
Hornetsfan02-150

bleudog

bleudog

December 09, 2018, 07:50:07 am #833 Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 07:53:12 am by bleudog
Quote from: Hornetsfan02 on December 08, 2018, 11:28:23 pm
And before you get in your feelings about that last comment, please understand it was a joke. AAA won't put JC back in 3a cause they don't feel like dealing with all you whiny fans.

Classification assignment is based on average enrollment, and.......

dragondad

LOL!! Theyd have to first put the 7 or 8 schools above us in 3A before this even becomes a topic of discussion.

cuz

Its been done before but here's a suggestion. Since all you FF and especially the 6aa think we cheat and have way more kids than we report, the state is full of lawyers. I'm sure y'all could hire one or even two to investigate Junction. Like that hasn't been done. Time for all you mouthers  to either shi$ or get off the pot.....😉😁

Southark

I am unbiased here and could really give 2 craps about either program but obviously junction has more players because that's what they are taught since peewee. How many boys do the rest of these schools that gripe about junctions numbers have walking the halls that don't play football? If junction were supposed to be in 3 a then that's where they would be.

cav2012

I see I missed a lot of fun and crying by DD. Serious question, What is the number required for 3a? Is it 190?

I agree with southark

eldofan

Looking at the numbers 190 looks  about right

cuz

Quote from: Southark on December 09, 2018, 10:29:00 am
I am unbiased here and could really give 2 craps about either program but obviously junction has more players because that's what they are taught since peewee. How many boys do the rest of these schools that gripe about junctions numbers have walking the halls that don't play football? If junction were supposed to be in 3 a then that's where they would be.
Good post, numbers of players who is not determined by the size of the program. In 1967 my father was discharged out of the Air Force, after 22 years. I was attending Minot High School, North Dakota. I started at HB there, number players on the team 36. Started school at JC junior year barely made the team by did and was moved to tackle. Players on JCs team 34, junior class about 22. My sophomore class in Minot 504, you read it right 504. It's all about community, family, coaches and especially programs

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Question for the hazen posters,,

Is the scheduled basketball game for Monday night still on?

Southark

Hey pick, are you going to give Hazen as much heck as you did Hampton about blaming the refs for not winning state??? Just curious

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Southark on December 09, 2018, 11:41:45 am
Hey pick, are you going to give Hazen as much heck as you did Hampton about blaming the refs for not winning state??? Just curious

I really dont think the hazen posters actually feel that way.

Football is over, on to roundball

Southark

bleudog

December 09, 2018, 02:12:46 pm #844 Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 02:23:42 pm by bleudog
Quote from: cuz on December 09, 2018, 10:43:44 am
Good post, numbers of players who is not determined by the size of the program. In 1967 my father was discharged out of the Air Force, after 22 years. I was attending Minot High School, North Dakota. I started at HB there, number players on the team 36. Started school at JC junior year barely made the team by did and was moved to tackle. Players on JCs team 34, junior class about 22. My sophomore class in Minot 504, you read it right 504. It's all about community, family, coaches and especially programs

Careful cuz, they're going to be calling the AAA demanding they invest if JC is still getting players from North Dakota.   ;D

bleudog

December 09, 2018, 02:38:02 pm #845 Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 02:45:57 pm by bleudog
Quote from: cav2012 on December 09, 2018, 10:30:13 am
I see I missed a lot of fun and crying by DD. Serious question, What is the number required for 3a? Is it 190?

I agree with southark

There are some private schools between them, but here are the smallest 3A and largest 2A public schools.

189.67 YELLVILLE-SUMMIT HIGH SCHOOL 3A
189.33 LEE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL 2A

Here's a link to the current AAA classification list and JC's numbers that I posted earlier in this thread.

Quote from: bleudog on December 07, 2018, 10:01:13 pm
http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Admin/2018-2020Classication.pdf

9      10     11         
14-15    58     66     52     176       
15-16    65     52     61     178       
16-17    50     62     54     166          
                                       520    /3    173.33

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/ReportList/Schools/EnrollmentByGrade.aspx?year=25&search=junction%20city%20high%20school&pagesize=10

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/ReportList/Schools/EnrollmentByGrade.aspx?year=26&search=junction%20city%20high%20school&pagesize=10

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/ReportList/Schools/EnrollmentByGrade.aspx?year=27&search=junction%20city%20high%20school&pagesize=10

Cheermom295

My question is why did Junction move back to 2A? I don't understand why you would finish runner-up in 3A and want to move down to 2A. I have seen post on here saying Junction plays 3A ball so Hazen has no chance. Well if that was the case why would you not work harder and come back and try to win the 3A title? Some of the interviews I watched the players would state they are coming back for redemption bc they lost the year before. Wouldn't redemption be coming back for the 3A title? I just don't see how moving down and winning proved anything. We know u can win a 2A title you have for years but can u win a 3A title?

dragondad

Quote from: Cheermom295 on December 09, 2018, 03:45:02 pm
My question is why did Junction move back to 2A? I don't understand why you would finish runner-up in 3A and want to move down to 2A. I have seen post on here saying Junction plays 3A ball so Hazen has no chance. Well if that was the case why would you not work harder and come back and try to win the 3A title? Some of the interviews I watched the players would state they are coming back for redemption bc they lost the year before. Wouldn't redemption be coming back for the 3A title? I just don't see how moving down and winning proved anything. We know u can win a 2A title you have for years but can u win a 3A title?

LOL!!  Here we go again.....

dragondad

Cheermom295

It was just a question? Why were they in 3A one year and 2A the next is all I'm asking? Surely enrollment didn't change that much in ok need year if they go by population or the amount of students enrolled. This has nothing to do with the title game. I'm just asking how that works. Did they not want to be put in 3A in the first place or did they decide that after being put in 3A? I have heard people talking about it so I just want to know what actually happened to make them move down? I am assuming you have answered this question before since u said here we go again. I am just asking why? Not trying to take anything away fr ok m Junction City as a team. They won .. I'm just asking a question.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas