• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fall Golf season 2013

Started by edghog, July 22, 2013, 08:00:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

edghog

The summer is flying by. Golf season is a couple weeks away. What is everyone's take on the season?
The 1-4A: Ozark Boys & girls should be the favorites. Both teams return everyone. Ozark's John Edgin (JR) & Peyton Timmerman (SR) are back to back conference medalists. The boys were district runner up & finished 7th at state. The girls won district & were state runner up.

In boys, Maumelle (4-4A) will be very tough this year with 4 underclassmen that can play.
Not sure about the girls.   

Basketballfan13

I'll go with valley view for 4a girls. I believe they had two individuals finish 1st and 2nd last year at state, I know at least one of those two are back along with a move in from Weiner that shoots in the upper 80s.

edghog

State is at Thunder Bayou in Blytheville this year. Seems year before last the Valley View boys did well up there.
Kind of a disadvantage to West Arkansas teams. It's a hard 5 hours up there in a car from Ozark. (But only an hour flight!) :-)

Basketballfan13

Yeah If I remember right VV is playing there 3-4 times this year. I've never been a big fan of that course, I'll agree with you on the advantage.

edghog

I'm all for places bidding for & getting state tournaments but the same place shouldn't get it 2 out of 3 years no matter where it is and especially if it is located close to the state border. Too big of an advantage to the local teams. Ozark boys won state in 08 when it was at Eaglecrest in Alma. Basically our home away from home.
Huge advantage in that case for the Hillbillies.

Basketballfan13

The only reason I think it would be ok to have it on a state border 2-3 years if it was by far a stand out course...Thunder Bayou is far from that. VV probably wouldn't play out there more then once if it wasn't going to be the location for state.

edghog

Agreed. There are much finer boarder courses. Hardscrabble in Ft Smith, Big Creek in MT Home, and probably anything at Bella Vista tops Thunder Bayou. It's not bad but it's not as good as those for sure.
After watching my son this year in the SCS JR PGA Player's Tour & the quality of the courses they play, almost anything we play HS matches at in AR is a step down.

edghog

Ozark boys & girls are 2-0 after wins at Valley View & Home. Ozark's John Edgin & Peyton Timmerman medal in both matches.
Girls won by 50+ in both.
Boys won by 5 and 22.
Good start to the season.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: edghog on August 13, 2013, 08:56:46 am
Ozark boys & girls are 2-0 after wins at Valley View & Home. Ozark's John Edgin & Peyton Timmerman medal in both matches.
Girls won by 50+ in both.
Boys won by 5 and 22.
Good start to the season.
Did Ozark play Valley View girls this year in golf?

edghog

No. Those two schools wont see each other until State I believe.
Valley View is the name of the course we played at. Between Farmington & Prairie Grove. Their home course. Our district is there this year....again...

Basketballfan13

Quote from: edghog on August 23, 2013, 10:59:01 am
No. Those two schools wont see each other until State I believe.
Valley View is the name of the course we played at. Between Farmington & Prairie Grove. Their home course. Our district is there this year....again...

Ok, I figured it was something like that. Should be a good match up when they meet at state.

DogsWin7

August 23, 2013, 10:13:13 pm #11 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:16:06 pm by DiehardFBfan
Waldron should be pretty good this year in 4-4A.   

As is always Greenwood in the 6A.

edghog

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 23, 2013, 10:13:13 pm
Waldron should be pretty good this year in 4-4A.   

As is always Greenwood in the 6A.
Waldron has a couple that can play. Braden ?(?) and Soloman(?) can both play.
Greenwood girls will be good again I'm sure. They have a girl with native Ozark blood in her. :-)

edghog

Ozark boys & girls win again at Valley View against Gravette, Farmington, Prairie Grove & Lincoln. Boys win by 4 & girls by 27. John Edgin (36) & Peyton Timmerman (41) were medalist again. Thats 4-0 for the teams & 4 of 4 for John & Peyton.
Teams are in action again today at Ozark.

edghog

Ozark teams both win at home yesterday. Girls by 32. Boys by 4. Peyton Timmerman was medalist for girls & Prairie Grove #1 boy was medalist with a scorching 32. Correction that makes Ozark's teams 4-0. Timmerman medalist in all 4 matches and Edgin in 3 of 4.
Next up next Thursday at Scotsdale in Bella Vista I believe.
Go Hillbillies!

Basketballfan13

Quote from: edghog on August 28, 2013, 07:29:33 am
Ozark teams both win at home yesterday. Girls by 32. Boys by 4. Peyton Timmerman was medalist for girls & Prairie Grove #1 boy was medalist with a scorching 32. Correction that makes Ozark's teams 4-0. Timmerman medalist in all 4 matches and Edgin in 3 of 4.
Go Hillbillies!
What are the girls from ozark consistently shooting this year?

edghog

They have 6 girls within 5-10 strokes. 3 of 4 made all state last year. I think Peyton Timmerman has medaled with 40-43 on 9 holes and the one 18 to start the year was 81 if I remember correctly.
They were runner up last year to Valley View but it wasn't very close. I understand VV has everyone back also.....

edghog

Quote from: edghog on August 28, 2013, 07:29:33 am
Go Hillbillies!
Huntsville this Thursday.

edghog

Ozark boys & girls move to 5-0 on the season with wins at Huntsville yesterday. Boys win by 16 & girls by 10. Not sure on medalist honors or what all teams were there. All I know for sure is we won! :-)

edghog

Match at Berryville today. Hillbillies will continue their domination of the 1-4A.....

edghog

At Berryville against Pea Ridge & Berryville. Ozark Boys win by 26. John Edgin started double bogie, bogie then birdied 3 holes to post an even par 36 & medal.
Ozark girls win by forfeit (I guess) as neither of the other two teams had 3 girls. Timmerman & SR Haley Smith share medalist honors. (Score??)
Both teams are now 6-0. As far as I know, that's the best start ever for the two teams.

edghog

OHS at Scottsdale in Bella Vista today. Gravette's home course.
GO HILLBILLIES!

edghog

Ozark's John Edgin medals again with a 9 hole 37. That's 5 of 7 matches. However, with the absence of Ozark's Tripp Canady, Shiloh wins by 3. Boys are 6-1
Ozark's Peyton Timmerman medals with a 45. Thats 7 of 7 for her. Shiloh & Ozark tie. Girls are 6-0-1
GO HILLBILLIES!

edghog

Edgin medals at the 1-4A District Tournament in Farmington with a 76 in hard dry & windy conditions. Both Hillbilly teams win. Boys by 18 Girls by 12. STATE BOUND!

DogsWin7

Greenwood girls are making a run at a repeat!

Good Luck Tomorrow!       Go G! 

edghog

They have some ground to make up but they can do it! Good luck to them & the Lady Hillbillies up at Blytheville in the 4A State tournament! Bring it home girls!

ricepig

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 01, 2013, 09:26:18 pm

No repeat, Marion claims the state title, Jonesboro second. Jonesboro's Olivia Loiacano is the medalist with a 31 on the back nine.

edghog

Quote from: ricepig on October 02, 2013, 06:02:36 pm

No repeat, Marion claims the state title, Jonesboro second. Jonesboro's Olivia Loiacano is the medalist with a 31 on the back nine.
Quite the advantage having state at you home course. Congrats to all!

edghog

Lady Hillbillies place third behind Valley View & CAC. SR Hayley Smith & JR Emery King make All State.
Congrats girls & Coach Kendra Mainer on a great season.

ricepig

Quote from: edghog on October 03, 2013, 08:20:58 am
Quote from: ricepig on October 02, 2013, 06:02:36 pm

Quite the advantage having state at you home course. Congrats to all!

I remember my daughter playing there as a freshman a few years ago, there is water on every hole. I think she finished with one golf ball, haha.

Locomule

How do they determine who gets All-State in golf.  Is it based on a pre-set score or is it a number of kids from each classification?

edghog

Quote from: Locomule on October 03, 2013, 09:15:13 am
How do they determine who gets All-State in golf.  Is it based on a pre-set score or is it a number of kids from each classification?
Top 15 scores I think....
My son missed by 1 stroke last year...

Locomule

Thanks, this is my son's first year and still trying to learn how all this works.

edghog

I should know from last year but my mind is full and something has to leave to make room for new stuff....
Last year in 4A, 82s & below made all state. My son shot his worst score of the year (83). Course he was just a SOPH.

Locomule

How many kids move on to the over-all State Tourney?  Mine is a freshman, just trying to learn for the future.

Littlejohnfan65

Top 3 get to go to Overall.   Taken from the AAA website and golf handbook:

ALL STATE QUALIFICATION
Top 15% plus ties of golfers in each classification based on scores in the state tournament.

edghog

edghog

4A boys state this Wednesday at Thunder Bayou in Blytheville. I expect Maumelle to win.
Notes about Ozark:
Ozark boys won the 4A-1 by 18 strokes. JR John Edgin was medalist with a 76 in hard, fast & windy conditions at Valley View in Farmington. That's 3 year in a row he has medaled in that conference tournament. SR Britten Harden & JRs Cole Yell & Tripp Canady round out the team. Those 3 are all capable of good scores and need a good day if Ozark is to contend. Coach Kendra Mainer was coach of the year in the 4A-1 the last two years and should be again this year.
State was at Thunder Bayou 2 years ago. Edgin went as a Freshman so he is somewhat familiar with the course.
The weather sounds like it will be perfect for golf. If it just wasn't a 5 hour drive..... :-/
Good luck to all & GO HILLBILLIES!   

ricepig

Valley will be happy, Russellville and Jonesboro tie in conference championship today at MH, Russellville wins the playoff. They are tied going into state championship play tomorrow.

ricepig

Jonesboro wins it's 4th consecutive state golf championship today.

edghog

Ozark finished 4th in 4A. Ar Baptist won followed by Valley View & Maumelle. Ozark's John Edgin survives back to back triple bogies to shoot a 79 and make all state.

It was a very good year from an experience stand point. Hopefully it's a short winter!
Congrats to all!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas