• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Outlook

Started by DerekOxford, December 01, 2015, 01:14:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 28, 2016, 06:50:05 pm
Maybe, maybe not...What does that even matter? So we want CBB to be average so he will stay and not bolt? lol... come on Rice really?

Nobody wants us to be "average", have I ever said that? Go back, I've said I support the coach at the university, he's here for two more years, so he has my support. Go ahead and make your comparisons, they don't matter either. It's the here and now, he's here for now, if he doesn't win enough to make those he decide these type of things, he'll be gone in two years

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on November 28, 2016, 06:54:44 pm
Nobody wants us to be "average", have I ever said that? Go back, I've said I support the coach at the university, he's here for two more years, so he has my support. Go ahead and make your comparisons, they don't matter either. It's the here and now, he's here for now, if he doesn't win enough to make those he decide these type of things, he'll be gone in two years
lol...ooookkkaaaaaayyyyy...

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 28, 2016, 06:55:50 pm
lol...ooookkkaaaaaayyyyy...

That's how I feel about all your posts, ha

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on November 28, 2016, 06:59:10 pm
That's how I feel about all your posts, ha
Yeah don't you hate it when facts get in the way...

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 28, 2016, 07:08:43 pm
Yeah don't you hate it when facts get in the way...

Figures lie, and liars figure, haha.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on November 28, 2016, 07:14:11 pm
Figures lie, and liars figure, haha.
Nobody better than you to know...lol...

cuckoobird

But coaching in the SEC is different than at Louisville. He could have stayed but regardless, he proved we could do better than what CBB has brought to the table. CBP leaves arkansas and 5 years later we are just making our way back to mediocre, CBB leaves Wisconsin and they never miss a beat and are in the Big10 title game and ranked #6 in the nation with a slight chance to be in the playoffs.

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 28, 2016, 07:16:43 pm
But coaching in the SEC is different than at Louisville. He could have stayed but regardless, he proved we could do better than what CBB has brought to the table. CBP leaves arkansas and 5 years later we are just making our way back to mediocre, CBB leaves Wisconsin and they never miss a beat and are in the Big10 title game and ranked #6 in the nation with a slight chance to be in the playoffs.

So, are you saying that Bielema left a good nucleus in Wisconsin, while Petrino left an empty house here?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on November 28, 2016, 07:20:58 pm

So, are you saying that Bielema left a good nucleus in Wisconsin, while Petrino left an empty house here?
John L. Smith left Arkansas in bad shape with that one horrible year. Had CBP stayed we might still be rolling...who knows...

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 28, 2016, 07:23:42 pm
John L. Smith left Arkansas in bad shape with that one horrible year. Had CBP stayed we might still be rolling...who knows...

True, but I see no reason to dwell in the past. It's simple, we'll either get better the next two years, or we'll be in the coach search more.

OB11

Yeah, none of the other coaches CBB is being compared to had to come in and take over after John L.  So there is that to consider.  Had to have at least a little bit to do with the struggles out of the gate.  Now 4 years later...can't really use that excuse anymore.   

cuckoobird

No, I'm saying one was replaceable and the other really wasn't

bdubyab60

So looking like the Bell bowl against Va Tech.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: OB11 on November 28, 2016, 08:24:05 pm
Yeah, none of the other coaches CBB is being compared to had to come in and take over after John L.  So there is that to consider.  Had to have at least a little bit to do with the struggles out of the gate.  Now 4 years later...can't really use that excuse anymore.   
HDN didn't leave CBP with much...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 04, 2016, 02:40:01 pm
So looking like the Bell bowl against Va Tech.
Another quality bowl for the Razorbacks...we very well could get pounded in this one...

bdubyab60

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 05, 2016, 07:54:53 am
Another quality bowl for the Razorbacks...we very well could get pounded in this one...
Yeah they just dropped 35 or so on Clemson in the ACC title game and have a breathing QB. Ill be watching this one from the house.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 05, 2016, 12:15:53 pm
Yeah they just dropped 35 or so on Clemson in the ACC title game and have a breathing QB. Ill be watching this one from the house.
lol...yep...

WPWells

I'm going to Charlotte for this one. I just hope it's not a blowout

Jacketman65

bleudog

cuckoobird

Maybe since the hogs are playing FCS teams, we can get one of the in state schools on the schedule

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 06, 2016, 01:02:58 pm
Maybe since the hogs are playing FCS teams, we can get one of the in state schools on the schedule

Doubtful, they've been playing a FCS team for years, why would they change now?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 06, 2016, 01:02:58 pm

Worked for A State this year.....

bdubyab60

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 06, 2016, 02:26:10 pm
Worked for A State this year.....
Yeah Ive had this argument with some friends who are Astate fans bragging about their co championships. Maybe the Hogs should move to the sun-belt for a couple of seasons. Yeah I know we have lost to a couple of those teams over the years but they call those upsets.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 06, 2016, 04:15:38 pm
Yeah Ive had this argument with some friends who are Astate fans bragging about their co championships. Maybe the Hogs should move to the sun-belt for a couple of seasons. Yeah I know we have lost to a couple of those teams over the years but they call those upsets.

I was meaning that game with UCA 8)

bdubyab60

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 06, 2016, 05:56:32 pm
I was meaning that game with UCA 8)
Still helps me out with them don't it lol

Valleysports

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 06, 2016, 04:15:38 pm

Not the Sun Belt, but the Hogs would definitely have fun in the Big 10.  Ten wins season's are the norm.  CBB dominates that conference. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: Valleysports on December 06, 2016, 07:09:09 pm
Not the Sun Belt, but the Hogs would definitely have fun in the Big 10.  Ten wins season's are the norm.  CBB dominates that conference.
You may be right. Could absolutely be built for the big whatever lol

cuckoobird

Definitely not built for the S EC

VHSCoach2

Jeremy Sprinkle suspended for the Belk Bowl due to  "conduct detrimental to the team."

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 29, 2016, 03:21:40 pm
Jeremy Sprinkle suspended for the Belk Bowl due to  "conduct detrimental to the team."

I saw that and can't even believe it if it is true he shoplifted at Belk when they were already given $400 to shop with..... Unbelievable!

LRRandy

Quote from: Valleysports on December 06, 2016, 07:09:09 pm
so you don't know what Arkansas record against the B1G is do you. Once again facts outweigh your opinion.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on December 29, 2016, 03:29:09 pm
I saw that and can't even believe it if it is true he shoplifted at Belk when they were already given $400 to shop with..... Unbelievable!

Idiot.

bdubyab60

So I don't know what gets said at halftime, but what ever they are saying they need to stop it.

I don't care what anyone says this second half crap, if it keeps up next year. Someone's gotta go. This is ridiculous

cuckoobird

Can we suspend the coaching staff for actions detrimental to the team? I don't think they know how to make adjustments or maybe they do and the always adjust the wrong way

Coach Venny Slocombe

Oh don't worry guys...Jeff Long and Rice gave CBB another four year extension after the first half...he is here another ten years... ;)

cuckoobird

Well at least my season loss total prediction was correct

Billie Blue

FIRE CBB!!! these last two games second half terrible

beach bum

Quote from: Billie Blue on December 29, 2016, 08:47:21 pm
FIRE CBB!!! these last two games second half terrible

What is sad is next year 8 wins would be that absolute top out of wins.... That is the most we potentially see. I am thinking 6-6 or 7-5 only because of 3 garbage non conference games. Welcome to the land of accepting mediocre teams with half the fans.

Trojanbird

Let's keep expanding the stadium so we can see more EMPTY seats on TV if we are able to be on!  This is discraceful, all the more reason to be playing ASU!  Sprinkle, just turned into the biggest thug in the state of Arkansas, IMO!  Billema,  hot seat can't get hot enough!  Will he stand by his statement of "no changes"  Jeff Long needs to grow a set, and NOW, or move on.

beach bum

December 30, 2016, 10:29:53 am #1190 Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 10:33:53 am by beach bum
Quote from: Trojanbird on December 30, 2016, 01:13:12 am
Let's keep expanding the stadium so we can see more EMPTY seats on TV if we are able to be on!  This is discraceful, all the more reason to be playing ASU!  Sprinkle, just turned into the biggest thug in the state of Arkansas, IMO!  Billema,  hot seat can't get hot enough!  Will he stand by his statement of "no changes"  Jeff Long needs to grow a set, and NOW, or move on.

Sprinkle was listed as the #3 TE on draft boards.... He is very lucky he has the height he has or a would not even be drafted anymore. If I had to take a decent guess he will fall to the 6th or 7th round now and lost a lot of money along with a safety net of being a higher pick. If you're a 5th-7th rounder especially they will cut you in camp in August in a heart beat. He really messed things up for himself. I have always thought Drew Morgan behaved like an idiot and it showed this last game who he is. Throw in Skipper, other people had to have noticed this year too anytime we got down that guy started scuffling and mouthing anybody on the other team. Glad to see those three gone. BB has no control over his players.

cuckoobird

Skipper has been that way his entire career

ricepig

Quote from: Trojanbird on December 30, 2016, 01:13:12 am

We had 103% of capacity at RRS this year, so there's that.

Romeo

According to an ESPN stat, Arkansas outscored opponents 257-170 in the first half, but were outscored 234-137 in the second half.

beach bum

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2016, 01:22:53 pm
We had 103% of capacity at RRS this year, so there's that.

And only people with no ability to think would keep forking out big money to watch that garbage in person the coming years.... Send BB to to Iowa to take over for Ferentz when he retires. They can have him

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on December 30, 2016, 05:28:01 pm
And only people with no ability to think would keep forking out big money to watch that garbage in person the coming years.... Send BB to to Iowa to take over for Ferentz when he retires. They can have him

I guess you're a bandwagon fan? I guess you're not an alum, you don't enjoy going back to the campus, tailgating with old friends from school, cheering on your alma mater?

cuckoobird

Honestly the true fans are the ones upset. They want the team on the hill to succeed and aren't afraid to call a spade a spade. The ones not POd by now are accepting mediocrity and I wouldn't call them fans. Everyone wants to say we aren't Alabama and can't get the players they get, and to some degree I agree, BUT, do you think the Alabama fans would except being mediocre/bad? ELL NO!!! And in my opinion I think that's why they are so good because the fans will not tolerate anything less then greatness

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 30, 2016, 05:59:23 pm
Honestly the true fans are the ones upset. They want the team on the hill to succeed and aren't afraid to call a spade a spade. The ones not POd by now are accepting mediocrity and I wouldn't call them fans. Everyone wants to say we aren't Alabama and can't get the players they get, and to some degree I agree, BUT, do you think the Alabama fans would except being mediocre/bad? ELL NO!!! And in my opinion I think that's why they are so good because the fans will not tolerate anything less then greatness

Everyone is upset, but we've been upset since 1992 for the most part. It's using that reality thing all the "realists" like to use to justify their negatives.

cuckoobird

Not everyone is upset, some of my cardinal glasses wearing buddies are still saying he's a good coach and I'm sure some of the big money guys are too. I'm realistic and know we can't afford to get rid of him now, but I would get rid of Long for making the huge mistake of extending his contract when he hadn't even won a conference game yet. That ineptitude of decision making is why his buyout is still so big

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 30, 2016, 06:12:59 pm
Not everyone is upset, some of my cardinal glasses wearing buddies are still saying he's a good coach and I'm sure some of the big money guys are too. I'm realistic and know we can't afford to get rid of him now, but I would get rid of Long for making the huge mistake of extending his contract when he hadn't even won a conference game yet. That ineptitude of decision making is why his buyout is still so big

He extended his contract after the Texas Bowl, we won two that year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas