• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Opportuniy

Started by coachcampbell134, April 10, 2017, 10:43:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

coachcampbell134

This is Collin Campbell and I am looking for a Head Softball coaching position for the 2017-18 school year. I played high school baseball at McCrory High school from 2009-2012 where we won State in 2009 and runner up in 2010. I played college baseball at Harding University from 2012-2015 and was a pitcher. Throughout high school I received All State 4 years, all region 4 years and all conference 4 years. In college I received "GAC" pitcher of the week multiple times, All region, All Arkansas team and All GAC Tournament team. My wife, Kimmy (Hendricks) Campbell is currently a Sr at Harding University where she has played softball from 2013-present and is the starting catcher for 4 years. I am looking for a Head Softball job where I will be the head coach and she will be a volunteer assistant if stipend isn't available. I am certified in Middle School Math and she will be doing her student teaching this upcoming fall and available for hire Spring Semester 2018 and will be cerified in Middle school math/Science. If any one has any openings or hears of any please contact me by cell 870-588-5303 or by email at coachcampbell134@yahoo.com.
Thank you and God bless!

NEASPORTSFAN

check out parkers chapel. traditional 2a power. just came open

Eagle_Mom_2

Oh my goodness...if he was a good player he will automatically be a good coach! I can see it now...one post on fearless Friday and all the administrators with open jobs line up to try and recruit this dude to their schools...and how humble?! I was 4 time all state in pogo stick jumping and guess what?? I didn't have a single freaking principal trying to get me to come teach it at their school. Word of advice...put just a smidge of effort out, do like everyone else does and look online at sites where jobs are *officially* posted and then send in your resume and application. Good grief....entitled much??

Eagle_Mom_2

April 11, 2017, 07:20:45 pm #3 Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:32:46 pm by Eagle_Mom_2
Wait! I completely missed where he said God Bless at the end...that cancels out all the arrogance before that. Forget I questioned him!

gamecocks8584

The kids just trying to get a job cut him some slack. I don't think he was boosting he was just giving his credentials. You need to take a chill pill. At least he really wants to coach softball many are doing it that just want to get paid.

gameoflife

Try sending resume's to all the open coaching positions and let the chips fall.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on April 11, 2017, 07:20:45 pm
Wait! I completely missed where he said God Bless at the end...that cancels out all the arrogance before that. Forget I questioned him!

What's wrong with saying God Bless???

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on April 11, 2017, 09:42:30 pm
What's wrong with saying God Bless???

Nothing wrong with that...unless it follows a self-absorbed celebration of one's accomplishments.  I'm sorry, but if you glorify yourself for a page and then throw in God Bless at the end it rings a little hollow to me. If you weren't bothered by the fact that dude requested that people drop what they're doing and put out the effort to contact him (and based on playing experience rather than coaching) for possible coaching openings then you and I won't see eye to eye anyway so let's just move on.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on April 11, 2017, 09:52:03 pm
Nothing wrong with that...unless it follows a self-absorbed celebration of one's accomplishments.  I'm sorry, but if you glorify yourself for a page and then throw in God Bless at the end it rings a little hollow to me. If you weren't bothered by the fact that dude requested that people drop what they're doing and put out the effort to contact him (and based on playing experience rather than coaching) for possible coaching openings then you and I won't see eye to eye anyway so let's just move on.

So you approve of someone with no accomplishments like a lot of softball parents that  Don't know.anything except their princess BA , slugging avg, or ERA ,whip
FPS?

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on April 11, 2017, 10:00:31 pm
So you approve of someone with no accomplishments like a lot of softball parents that  Don't know.anything except their princess BA , slugging avg, or ERA ,whip
FPS?

Huh... I literally said nothing of the sort. Didn't even imply it. Pimping yourself on a message board is not an appropriate way to get a job.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on April 11, 2017, 10:05:13 pm
Huh... I literally said nothing of the sort. Didn't even imply it. Pimping yourself on a message board is not an appropriate way to get a job.

Is this not a sports forum?
I believe a forum is for discussion.
And the topic is Softball
, so what is a pimp to you?

OverPrivileged

If you don't have a job, just graduated from college and looking for a first job, then you post whatever experience you have.  If its just playing then that what you post.  He just wants a job. 

My one bit of advice, if you can, go volunteer for a local high school right now and get a decent reference from a coach you have worked for.  It will help.  And work hard for him/her.  And apply everywhere.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on April 11, 2017, 10:09:46 pm
Is this not a sports forum?
I believe a forum is for discussion.
And the topic is Softball
, so what is a pimp to you?
You win. Sorry, I'm not as smart as you. Have at it. Coaches out there, post your resume here. Razorback olfan will forward it to supts at all hiring schools and do the leg work for you. Then you just sit back and reap the rewards.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on April 11, 2017, 10:13:07 pm
You win. Sorry, I'm not as smart as you. Have at it. Coaches out there, post your resume here. Razorback olfan will forward it to supts at all hiring schools and do the leg work for you. Then you just sit back and reap the rewards.

God Bless you, I hope your team is having a great year.

Some school may get a good softball coach .

Best of luck to him and his wife.

NEASPORTSFAN

April 11, 2017, 10:38:16 pm #14 Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:41:46 pm by PioneerSoftball
Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on April 11, 2017, 10:13:07 pm

Sit behind that keyboard and bash someone who just completed their education and is searching for a job. What an idiot. Probably one of those mom's that sits behind the fence and criticizes every move the coaches make.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: PioneerSoftball on April 11, 2017, 10:38:16 pm
Sit behind that keyboard and bash someone who just completed their education and is searching for a job. What an idiot. Probably one of those mom's that sits behind the fence and criticizes every move the coaches make.

Well, for your information, I do sit behind the fence...however I'm a great asset to our coach. Most of the time he looks at me for a sign and I'll nod when he gets it right. He looks to me, because I have the knowledge. And that's with him being a 6-time all state player in high school.

XFalkonz

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on April 11, 2017, 07:14:30 pm
Oh my goodness...if he was a good player he will automatically be a good coach! I can see it now...one post on fearless Friday and all the administrators with open jobs line up to try and recruit this dude to their schools...and how humble?! I was 4 time all state in pogo stick jumping and guess what?? I didn't have a single freaking principal trying to get me to come teach it at their school. Word of advice...put just a smidge of effort out, do like everyone else does and look online at sites where jobs are *officially* posted and then send in your resume and application. Good grief....entitled much??
I don't think he wrote that for you lady....jeez..you are bashing a kid for trying?

Hey Collin...try the school spring website..it will list coaching jobs...good luck in your search....but be aware that you will be dealing with these kinds of people ...I have been doing it for 18 years....it gets easier when you realize they are worth worrying about

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on April 11, 2017, 10:46:51 pm
Well, for your information, I do sit behind the fence...however I'm a great asset to our coach. Most of the time he looks at me for a sign and I'll nod when he gets it right. He looks to me, because I have the knowledge. And that's with him being a 6-time all state player in high school.
Interesting, a 6-time All state player can't coach his team?
Are you a school employee?

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on April 11, 2017, 10:51:20 pm
Interesting, a 6-time All state player can't coach his team?
Are you a school employee?
I'm not a school employee, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. Also, I took a class on coaching softball in college in 1993 before I got pregnant and had to quit school. I coached my daughter's summer team to an undefeated team one year. I know the game. Probably better than most umps or coaches in our area.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on April 11, 2017, 10:56:31 pm
I'm not a school employee, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. Also, I took a class on coaching softball in college in 1993 before I got pregnant and had to quit school. I coached my daughter's summer team to an undefeated team one year. I know the game. Probably better than most umps or coaches in our area.

Best of luck to you and your daughter.
Bless you for coaching your daughters softball team.
Maybe when you can , I hope you  finish your degree and get a coaching position.

BIG_K

I've got a suggestion for him, how about apply for a Baseball Coaching Job. If you are such a good baseball player as you say you are, coach the sport you know how to play. How many girl softball games did he play in??? To many Football/Baseball Guys(who have never played an inning of girls softball) doing an average job at best coaching softball already. We need more female coaches who have played the game.  ;D ;D ;D

XFalkonz

Quote from: BIG_K on April 11, 2017, 11:26:12 pm
I've got a suggestion for him, how about apply for a Baseball Coaching Job. If you are such a good baseball player as you say you are, coach the sport you know how to play. How many girl softball games did he play in??? To many Football/Baseball Guys(who have never played an inning of girls softball) doing an average job at best coaching softball already. We need more female coaches who have played the game.  ;D ;D ;D

Yeah because only a woman can coach softball....being as I am one of those football/softball coaches you are talking about I think you are totally wrong. While it is true that I never played female fastpitch softball I did play male fastpitch softball but you just assume that only a woman can coach this sport....nice

97softballmom

Mr. Campbell if you are half the Coach your wife is going to be any school will be lucky to have you both!  Loved watching her play at Harding against my daughter the last two years.  You can see how much she loves the game by how she plays and enjoys the game.  She is a class act on the field.  Good luck to both!

coachcampbell134

Quote from: 97softballmom on April 12, 2017, 07:57:03 am
Mr. Campbell if you are half the Coach your wife is going to be any school will be lucky to have you both!  Loved watching her play at Harding against my daughter the last two years.  You can see how much she loves the game by how she plays and enjoys the game.  She is a class act on the field.  Good luck to both!
Thank you 97softballmom...we both appreciate that very much! Hope you have a blessed day as well as everyone else!

WHITEchicken

Apply, apply, apply, and then do it some more. I'm guessing you will end up somewhere around mid July when schools can't find anybody with experience teaching. Most schools don't like hiring people fresh out of school. They do it when they can't find someone. Good luck and keep plugging away.

coachcampbell134

I should have added this to my first post but I already have 1 year of experience of coaching and teaching. I am currently at Augusta High School and the DC in football. We do not have baseball or softball. I know how the process of applying and hiring works and I appreciate all the advice and help. This post was not to flatter myself in any way, shape, form or fashion. I was simply just trying to get my name out in the air for any baseball/softball openings. Sorry for any confusion or misunderstanding.

gameoflife

Apply everywhere. There are a lot of people out there trying to get coaching jobs every season, every year.  To be honest most will have better qualifications than you.  It's called experience in coaching.  So, make some contacts and work your butt off.  Develop your resume and a good cover letter.  Get a bunch of stamps and start mailing.  Like all jobs, its who you know.  Make those contacts. Try to get on as an assistant with some good HC's and let their contacts work for you.

southarkdaddy

Are you wanting to still coach football?

Backboard Shattered

April 12, 2017, 12:22:59 pm #28 Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:03:32 pm by Backboard Shattered
I've won multiple 3 on 3s in Little Rock and in the area ranging from the 80s to now.  I was all district in baseball and all state in basketball. I was mentioned 7 times in the local paper my senior year.  Most of you know my credentials and who I played under!  Open to any job around.  I am a stellar leader and learned under the best coach ever in the state of AR.  I played in a softball league for 1 year I believe I was named week 4 good player twice.  My BA that year was .864.  We won 3 games with me being on the All League team.  On my multiple 3 on 3 championships I learned to do my job and do it well.  Usually get the Boss water or go in late and foul.  I'd grade my shooting ability a solid 7 out of 10 and post up ability a 8 out of 10.  And my ability to do what I'm told 10 out of 10 I'm really the best guy for whatever job is open. I'll just say this I have the best mma finishing moves on FF.  How do I say this without offending everyone....I'm  Just a pure winner.  And I'm on twitter Backboard Shatrd!  Eeeeeooooowwwwww I challenge anybody to a 1vs1 baseball game or softball

SackAttack

Ok superintendents and principals and coaches dont read this board to my amazement. If they did id have every coaching job in Arkansas because of my expertise and greatness unquestioned. Seriously not one single coach was ever great because they were a great player. Sidney Moncrief was terrible and so was Corliss Williamson and both were great players. Playing does not predict coaching success. Furthermore Id assume that every young coaching candidate shares the same passion and love for their chosen sport that the poster does so throw that out the window. And just for future reference dont ever take yourself so seriously to post playing credentials on Fearless and that is just sound advice IMO. anytime anybody has ever got on here espousing how great a player they were/are or how great a job they do/did coaching in is always met with chastisement and bashing. And yes I realize this is the softball board and I used basketball examples so dont bother pointing that out. Im sure there are examples in baseball softball as well!

Backboard Shattered

Sack Attack good post but just giving you a heads up I put my accolades out there and was hired last night.  The school was asking me lots of questions and when they mentioned my stats from the 1 year I played softball at 20 yrs old things changed.  They found out by me telling them it was a church League and the mesmerizing fact of being voting player of the week of week 4 twice.  So I'm thankful for this board.  So no new offers I wish the others the same luck I had.  The ability to strike out 5 times in a row followed by 83 home runs in a row will get you a job!  Thanks to all who helped mainly me

unw1red

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on April 11, 2017, 10:56:31 pm

You might want to take a closer look at the liquid in your Post Toasties. I don't think it was milk.

If you are having a bad day, I'm sorry for that, but don't take it out on other people.

FYI...a hiring manager (or AD) wants to see your accomplishments so that they can see that you have stayed on task and performed to your utmost ability. He cleanly stated his credentials and asked for help if anyone had any to give.

500 hitter

The guy was trying to get noticed for a job, may have went a little too far with the school trophies. He had enough work ethic to graduate from college and is trying to get his name out to everyone looking for a coach. Has there not been administrators and coaches on here before looking for tournaments to put their team in? This board is just another tool to get your name recognized. If anything he has now learned a valuable lesson about people and how he would deal with a situation next time. I'm not sure why would you would go postal on a guy that at least wants to work. My 2 $

BIG_K

I like the energy and drive in the kid, just can't figure out why a Softball Coaching position, instead of where his obvious(according to his self admited accolades) talent lies in Playing baseball/football. He should leave the Softball coaching position to his wife whom seams alot more qualified(having played the sport several years at a high level). Coach something you've played before and had drive to succeed at. Just a little advise from an old timer ;D

Runfastturnleft

https://arkansas.schoolspring.com/

Search by region and job.

Hope it helps and good luck.  Your wife is one heck of a ball player. 

SackAttack

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on April 13, 2017, 08:46:35 am
Sack Attack good post but just giving you a heads up I put my accolades out there and was hired last night.  The school was asking me lots of questions and when they mentioned my stats from the 1 year I played softball at 20 yrs old things changed.  They found out by me telling them it was a church League and the mesmerizing fact of being voting player of the week of week 4 twice.  So I'm thankful for this board.  So no new offers I wish the others the same luck I had.  The ability to strike out 5 times in a row followed by 83 home runs in a row will get you a job!  Thanks to all who helped mainly me
Good luck on the new p[osition Backboard. Do you need an asst. coach? As long as the post game meal is at the sonic of my choice I'll take the job! I see Hall of Fame in your future. High Seed credentials!

Backboard Shattered

Yes Sack you will be my Assistant Coach.  Very qualified without a doubt.  I was just recapping this thread and after looking it over and telling everyone how awesome I am and getting the new job I noticed that the name of the thread doesn't make sense.  So that is a strike against Coach Campbell.  Another strike is that he is a baseball coach trying to coach softball.  Strike 3 is mentioning his awards that really mean nothing.  And strike 4 is for mentioning GAC and player of the week in his speech!  And you know what they say.  4 strikes and your out homie!  But I am thankful for this threadbecause me and Coach Sack have a new job and will be teaming up on multiple occasions in High Seed coaching abilities and camps in the near future.  We will offer a male softball league ebook along with a basketball plays ebook all New from the mind of the Boss!  Sonic sand RNPs inbound on the rebound!

NEA Razorback olfan

April 14, 2017, 02:30:50 pm #37 Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:34:11 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Backboard Shattered on April 13, 2017, 11:23:50 pm
Yes Sack you will be my Assistant Coach.  Very qualified without a doubt.  I was just recapping this thread and after looking it over and telling everyone how awesome I am and getting the new job I noticed that the name of the thread doesn't make sense.  So that is a strike against Coach Campbell.  Another strike is that he is a baseball coach trying to coach softball.  Strike 3 is mentioning his awards that really mean nothing.  And strike 4 is for mentioning GAC and player of the week in his speech!  And you know what they say.  4 strikes and your out homie!  But I am thankful for this threadbecause me and Coach Sack have a new job and will be teaming up on multiple occasions in High Seed coaching abilities and camps in the near future.  We will offer a male softball league ebook along with a basketball plays ebook all New from the mind of the Boss!  Sonic sand RNPs inbound on the rebound!

Coaching ????, 
I believe you should stick with comedy, nauseating as it is

coachcampbell134

VHSCoach2

Quote from: coachcampbell134 on April 22, 2017, 09:42:35 am
Any new openings?

Not a head coaching position, but Vilonia will be looking to hire a new assistant at season's ends.  The job will be tied to sociology, psychology, and AP psychology.

BIG_K

July 24, 2017, 09:47:21 am #40 Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 09:51:52 am by BIG_K
 :o

Runfastturnleft

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Runfastturnleft on July 24, 2017, 12:30:01 pm
That was fast....

What happened here?  Did the new coach already leave?

BIG_K

Yep according to article in news paper. Resigned because of "Family Difficulties" :-X

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BIG_K on July 26, 2017, 10:33:08 am
Yep according to article in news paper. Resigned because of "Family Difficulties" :-X

Well, isn't this a shocker??
Good thing I'm not one to say, "I told you so."

WHITEchicken

What is going on here? I can't really follow.

Eagle_Mom_2

WHITEchicken

Eagle mom you just quoted nothing. Was that what you meant to do? Who left because of family reasons?

BIG_K

;D A little Trivia for you Chicky Chicky. Who Started this Post ??? Figure that out and you have the answer. ;D

WHITEchicken

Ok so Campbell got a job then left? Where did he get hired?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas