• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congratulations 6A Girls State Champions Siloam Springs Lady Panthers! Def Mountain Home 2(3)-2(0)

Started by sevenof400, May 18, 2014, 09:22:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Game facts: Friday, May 23, 6:00 pm
at Fayetteville, University of Arkansas Razorback Field
schedule subject to possible change

Discussion, observation, speculation!

Sir Alex

Siloam Springs is the better team, has the better coach, plays better soccer and has played the more competitive schedule non-conference, conference and through the state tournament. 

Should be a great contrast of styles.  Look forward to watching this one. 

chaoslord

Quote from: Sir Alex on May 18, 2014, 10:16:39 am
Siloam Springs is the better team, has the better coach, plays better soccer and has played the more competitive schedule non-conference, conference and through the state tournament. 

Should be a great contrast of styles.  Look forward to watching this one.

Agreed. I saw the SS girls twice this year and they were a hard working, disciplined team. I don't know anything about Mountain Home, but they will need to bring their A game for sure. If SS is the better team, they will be able to break down MH. If they are equally matched, same thing. And even if MH is the better team, Siloam Springs knows how to play a patient, wait-and-break game like they did against Bentonville.

That doesn't mean MH can't win, of course. I just don't know anything about them except the playoff scores.

Go Postal

Having seen Mtn Home (my old alma mater, Class of '75) and Siloam Springs over the years as local rivals, yes I have to go with Sir Alex's assessment.  Though I have to put these stats out there...
Mountain Home have two State Championships.
Siloam Springs have one State Runner-up.

Good Luck to both teams!

Bloodinthewater

Mountain Home plays 5 on defense, 3 defenders and 2 sweepers.  They have two speedsters #5 and #9, and they love to play the ball over the top and beat you with their speed.  We did a good job containing that, I think they only had a couple of breakaways against us the whole game that we managed to defend off.  We were able to control the midfield and the flow of the game and played the majority of the game in their half of the field, but had one of those days we couldnt keep it in the frame. Tip my cap to their team for keeping the ball out of the net.  They capitalized on two penalty kicks rewarded to them in the 2nd half and again I tip my hat.  Hate to lose like that, but they made the most of the opportunities they were given.  Their fans were 1st class and my daughter told me the girls on the field were as classy a team as shes played this season. We had every opportunity to win this ballgame, and the championship this season, so the hurt runs a little deeper.
Wish Mountain Home all the Best.  El Dorado Parent

VHSCoach2

Final: Siloam Springs 2(3) (9', 63'), Mountain Home 2(0) (65', 70')

puma

Go Postal

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas