• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paris at Atkins

Started by #EagleStrong, January 28, 2016, 07:53:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

#EagleStrong

The Eagles, fresh off back-to-back mercy rule wins over Lavaca and Lamar, travel to Atkins to take on an underrated and dangerous Red Devils team that played Charleston within 5 points at Charleston on Tuesday. This could be a classic trap game for Paris, who beat Atkins by 20 earlier in the season. Expect a closer game this time around.

RTF

Paris girls by 20

Paris boys by 10

BigMan15

This one should be a great game
Paris girls by 20
Atkins boys by 1

Black and Gold

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Black and Gold on January 28, 2016, 12:20:33 pm
I'll take Paris by 15

I'd take that in a heartbeat, but Atkins is playing a lot better and my boys might be going into this one overconfident after the two blowouts. Plus it's on the road. It's a classic trap game.

Black and Gold

You're right about the trap game, but I think Paris stays focused and rolls.

The Dynasty

I've heard all year Atkins will beat one of the top 4 once this year. This could be the night!

#EagleStrong

BigMan15

#EagleStrong

January 28, 2016, 09:04:33 pm #9 Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 10:08:32 am by #EagleStrong
Atkins boys pull the upset 70-65.

Edit.

xadboy

Wow I'm about as shocked by that as I was the way Lamar played you guys Tuesday night.

#EagleStrong

January 28, 2016, 10:57:43 pm #11 Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 10:06:06 am by #EagleStrong
Quote from: xadboy on January 28, 2016, 09:55:58 pm
Wow I'm about as shocked by that as I was the way Lamar played you guys Tuesday night.

Yeah. This conference. I don't know what to say.

Edit.

xadboy

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 28, 2016, 10:57:43 pm

Well, I think I'm going to have to take a hiatus from FF. I'm being a drama queen, I know, but this one cut me deep. Paris had a chance to win the conference. They haven't done that since 1989. I'm revealing my age here, but I was 1 when that happened. And I've got a connection to that one, and I really wanted to win it this year for personal reasons. We blew that chance tonight, and it hurts. I'll try to do right by you guys and keep the 3A poll and 3A-4 standings updated, but I just need a break from all this.
I can feel your pain. At the beginning I thought Lamar was a middle of the pack team but got excited and hopeful by the way we played. But it has all come crashing down after the last two games.

neds

Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 28, 2016, 10:57:43 pm

Well, I think I'm going to have to take a hiatus from FF. I'm being a drama queen, I know, but this one cut me deep. Paris had a chance to win the conference. They haven't done that since 1989. I'm revealing my age here, but I was 1 when that happened. And I've got a connection to that one, and I really wanted to win it this year for personal reasons. We blew that chance tonight, and it hurts. I'll try to do right by you guys and keep the 3A poll and 3A-4 standings updated, but I just need a break from all this.

Have a nice cold glass of Four Roses tonight and get back in the saddle of FF on Saturday. The TEAM needs you!

cdelaney

January 29, 2016, 09:12:23 am #14 Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 10:12:47 am by cdelaney
Quote from: #EagleStrong on January 28, 2016, 09:04:33 pm
Atkins boys pull the upset 70-65.

That was one of the most embarrassing efforts I've ever seen from a basketball team by Paris. Gage Hampton was the only player to show up with 25 points. The rest didn't even want to be there. In the span of three days Paris went from mercy ruling Lamar to getting beat by Atkins. There is not a more inconsistent team out there than this one. Somebody must have forgotten to tell them they were playing for a conference title. That's out the window, and now they're just playing to avoid the four seed at district. I know this sounds harsh, but I'm embarrased by what they did tonight. They shamed our town and they shamed themselves. Hats of to Atkins for playing as hard as I've seen a team play. Have fun playing for the title Charleston and Two Rivers.
Conference titles are nice, but Regionals and State should be the focus. They will be ok I bet.

The Dynasty

Atkins has improved a ton. This didn't surprise me that much to be honest. Especially after how Atkins played us Tuesday. At this point I think Atkins gets the 4 seed going into regionals.

WPWells

Over Lamar? I was worried about this - five teams good enough to make regionals and only four spots. I definitely think our conference will sweep at region

cdelaney

Quote from: Fred Bird on January 29, 2016, 09:23:40 am
Over Lamar? I was worried about this - five teams good enough to make regionals and only four spots. I definitely think our conference will sweep at region
They should, it will be an upset if they don't. That's why I said it seems that the constant back and forth on here is over conference title for 3A-4 when really the most important issue is how the  3-5 seeds line up for district tournament. Before I said two teams, but probably should have said 1 good team from the 4 will not make regions and it will probably be the 4 or 5 seed;  I guess they will play each other? I am assuming in the 7 team bracket that 6 plays 7 and the winner plays #3, and that 4-5 play each other in their first round?

WPWells

Correct. The battle now is for the top 3

WPWells

Right now Charleston is in the best position to be one of the top 3. Barring a major upset, Charleston's worst case scenario would be three conference losses. I don't expect us to lose to TR at home (although it's definitely not impossible) so our best chance to lose would be at Paris. However, I believe that a victory over TR would clinch the conference title for the Tigers for the 7th consecutive season

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas