• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 1 Tournament at Danville

Started by #EagleStrong, February 22, 2015, 06:56:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#EagleStrong

Lamar and Two Rivers tied 10-10 after 1

Longfellow

End of first
Two Rivers 10
Lamar 10

#EagleStrong

Longfellow

Longfellow

#EagleStrong

Colby Whitlow fouled out early in the 4th. Bad news for TR. 44-44

#EagleStrong

Logan Jones gone too now. 49-48 Lamar with 2:42 left.

#EagleStrong

Too many self inflicted wounds by TR. 54-50 Lamar with 18.7 left.

#EagleStrong

Gators rule

#EagleStrong

Paris girls up 28-18 at the half on Lamar

#EagleStrong

Paris girls lead Lamar 34-23 at the end of the third quarter

#EagleStrong

WPWells

eagle-fan

Charleston 62   Paris 59 with 59 seconds left!  Another good game as usual..

WPWells

eagle-fan

Tough last few seconds for Paris. Tough foul call.  Good overall game as usual and good luck to both at State.

eagle-fan

Quote from: #EagleStrong on March 01, 2015, 04:02:32 pm
Paris girls win 51-33
Fantastic game, considering the win was over an EXCELLENT Lamar team. Quite unexpected, especially final margin of victory..

-Painted Fan-

"Tough foul call"?
The "tough foul calls" are what kept Paris in the game. Tigers had a 19 point lead in the 2nd quarter. Those "tough foul calls" is what kept it from being a mercy rule.

fbisgreat

I just want to say Paris is a good team and to beat them 3 times is great.The last 2 without King so great job tigers.

mudd puddle

Quote from: eagle-fan on March 01, 2015, 05:50:02 pm
Quote from: #EagleStrong on March 01, 2015, 04:02:32 pm

Paris girls win 51-33
Fantastic game, considering the win was over an EXCELLENT Lamar team. Quite unexpected, especially final margin of victory..

Paris was better prepared!   Very impressive.  Girls look  conditioned   and ready for tomorrow and state 

falconroots

Schedule for third and fourth and finals from Danville school website

Danville Public Schools

Proud Host of the

2015 Class 3A – Region 1

Basketball Tournament

Mondays Games

1:00  Girls

West Fork vs. Lamar

2:30  Boys

Two Rivers vs. Paris

4:00  Girls

Greenland vs. Paris

5:30 Boys

Lamar vs. Charlston

Link to Full Bracket below: (updated 2-27-2015 9:30am)

eagle-fan

March 01, 2015, 06:49:34 pm #123 Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:55:17 pm by eagle-fan
Quote from: -Painted Fan- on March 01, 2015, 05:52:28 pm
"Tough foul call"?
The "tough foul calls" are what kept Paris in the game. Tigers had a 19 point lead in the 2nd quarter. Those "tough foul calls" is what kept it from being a mercy rule.
Then why did C not win by 25 points? Seems like the other two games this year were close, within 8 points or so. What happened those two games? Did C just sorta "give up" like against Lamar, and have a 4th quarter collapse? What I am saying is that Charleston did the same thing today against Paris and it could have been an insulting loss if Charleston didn't regroup the last 59 seconds. I personally think the last foul against Paris was questionable. Why C dropped a 19 point lead I do not know, looks like they get so far ahead and do like Arkansas, just think they might cruise along and win and end up barely winning, especially being up 19!  Anyway, as I said previously, GOOD LUCK in the State tournament. Just trying to be a good sport for 4-3A teams...

fbisgreat

Charleston didn't win by more because they started jacking 3's instead of working the ball in side this let Paris get back in the game.And Paris made there free throws to get back in the game.A lot of fouls on CHS.

TeeLee

There was one call I did not understand.  A Paris player was fouled on a lay up under the basket.  Basket was good. The ref gave them the bucket and 2 more free throws.  All the games I ever watched that was the basket +1.  It could have been worse, they could have given them side out too.  Then it could have been a 6 or 7 point swing.
Not a complaint, just did not understand the call.

BigMan15

It wasnt a foul on the shot. Smith pushed him after the shot which is 2 shot foul because of being in the double bonus.

neds

BigMan15

Not if we play the way we did today..it was a bad game for most of our player although our senior played great..our guys are young and tonight showed it.. congrats to charleston and lamar on their wins tonight.

Head Lion

eagle-fan

And whether of not Paris was fouled on their last 3 point attempt to tie the game, they just stood there and did not try to rebound or get back or foul Charleston to try and get another 3 point shot off near the end. Took Paris SO long to put up a shot and THEN to not go after the rebound or foul C on purpose. Lot of the Paris fans were wondering just why Paris stood there with a good 15-20 seconds left on the clock.. I am not sure if our shooter was fouled on the 3 point attempt or now, so not saying it was a good "no call" or not..  Anyway a good game and we will see what we all do in State.   Oh, Paris was down 19 in first half because of NOT hitting the 3 point shots we have hit all year. It was our horrible shooting of 3s and not Charleston's defense of the shots. We shot HORRIBLY until later on, then it took a lot of energy to get back into the game.

TeeLee

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 01, 2015, 08:07:06 pm
It wasnt a foul on the shot. Smith pushed him after the shot which is 2 shot foul because of being in the double bonus.

Thanks BigMan, that would explain it.  I was seated at the other end of the court and with the mass of humanity under the basket I figured it had to be a foul.  It was a good game, shame one has to lose.  If Brandons 3's had been falling like normal the outcome may have been different. Good luck tomorrow.

BigMan15

The three at the end was a good no call..defense was straight up..it was good defense by charleston but we lacked heart and the will to win. At the end made me pretty upset. We miss a bad shot but then stand there no one went to get the ball or foul...what puzzled me was ok Ward can shoot and Rowland can shoot..any reason we just sagged off them..personally i wouldve hackashaqed with under 2 mins but oh well..we lost charleston wanted it more end of story.

RTF

I got to watch all three of these games and I wouldn't say Paris "lacked heart". However, Charleston did want it more.

ChucktownTiger

What a game last night. Great Tournament Atmosphere! Tigers came out hot and got the early lead. Lenny played GREAT D. I think it's safe to say he was in Fenners head early and often. Charleston got some players in foul trouble and while they were on the bench the eagles made themselves a comeback, however it never felt like the W was in jeopardy. Skeets played lights out and ward ha a great game. Good minutes from Rowland off the bench too. Tigers will have their hands full tonight. Should be a dog Fight! As far as either team not "wanting" it or not having the "heart" IMO that's nothing but an excuse or cop-out. The truth is just like the last two times we played, Charleston was and is the BETTER TEAM! PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Good luck to all the teams playing tonight and safe travels! GO TIGERS!!!!!

WPWells

Charleston HAS to hit free throws down the stretch

hoghelmet14

Congrats to the tigers......

Go Lamar!

RTF

Hey ChuckTown Tiger, nice District Trophey o wait.......

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: RTF on March 02, 2015, 10:23:05 am
Hey ChuckTown Tiger, nice District Trophey o wait.......

Again Paris has yet to beat us this year. That must be a huge monkey on their back! Have fun fighting for that elusive third spot tonight!

RTF

LOL you act like I care what Paris does.... and again Nice District Trophey O WAIT!! 

WPWells

Well Paris has a nice conference championship trophy OH WAIT

TheOfficial

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on March 02, 2015, 09:26:22 am
What a game last night. Great Tournament Atmosphere! Tigers came out hot and got the early lead. Lenny played GREAT D. I think it's safe to say he was in Fenners head early and often. Charleston got some players in foul trouble and while they were on the bench the eagles made themselves a comeback, however it never felt like the W was in jeopardy. Skeets played lights out and ward ha a great game. Good minutes from Rowland off the bench too. Tigers will have their hands full tonight. Should be a dog Fight! As far as either team not "wanting" it or not having the "heart" IMO that's nothing but an excuse or cop-out. The truth is just like the last two times we played, Charleston was and is the BETTER TEAM! PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Good luck to all the teams playing tonight and safe travels! GO TIGERS!!!!!

Last night?  I thought they didn't play Sunday.  Thought finals are today

WPWells

RTF

Must have stunk getting beat in district..... LOL!!

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: RTF on March 02, 2015, 10:54:00 am
Must have stunk getting beat in district..... LOL!!

Again....Not to Paris. We lost to ur Big Brother Lamar.

BigMan15

Quote from: RTF on March 02, 2015, 10:49:06 am
LOL you act like I care what Paris does.... and again Nice District Trophey O WAIT!!

I do care what Paris does and u guys need to chill...Yes Paris won district and Charleston won conference..who knows lamar may win Regionals..Anyway im proud of my EAGLES..remember Paris only had 10 wins last year we have 23 this year..at the start of the year no one thought it would be close...our best years are ahead of us...so far its been a fun and very competive year..

The Chief CL

You still won't beat us , Bigman.  :)

The Chief CL

1 thing CHS and CL have in common.

Paris just can't beat us.

BigMan15

Really dude!! You should be happy and maybe on ur board talking about County Line making state...If ur going to act like that i guess that means u guys are the state champs for beating Paris right? Stay Classy and try to beat Scranton who seems to have ur number!!!!

The Chief CL

They do seem to have our # is 3-1.   How did Paris & Chucky do against them?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas