• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A District Tournament

Started by #EagleStrong, February 12, 2015, 12:44:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

The boys games tonight should be great games..lamar vs charleston 530 and paris vs two rivers 830

#EagleStrong

Charleston leads Lamar 13-10 after the first quarter.

#EagleStrong

Tigers up 27-23 at halftime. Jackson Rowland leads Charleston with 9 points. Ward held to just 5 points. Smith held to 4.

#EagleStrong

Charleston leads 38-34 at the start of the 4th quarter. Lamar has dug their way out of double digit deficits a couple of times now. They refuse to go away but can't get over the hump.

#EagleStrong

38-37 charleston with 5 minutes left

WPWells

#EagleStrong

Lamar takes their first lead of the game 39-38. Four minutes left.

#EagleStrong

Lamar leads 44-40 with 2:30 left.

#EagleStrong

#EagleStrong

47-40 Lamar with about 45 seconds left. Charleston in deep trouble here.

Longfellow

Boy it's a close one. And this is the best officiating I have seen in this tournament.

#EagleStrong

Lamar is pulling away late. This one is over.

WPWells

Congratulations to Lamar. Heard they played well in the fourth and Charleston didn't. Hopefully Charleston can figure things out before regionals!

#EagleStrong

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 19, 2015, 06:39:49 pm
Congratulations to Lamar. Heard they played well in the fourth and Charleston didn't. Hopefully Charleston can figure things out before regionals!

Poor shooting night for Charleston. And a lot of guts for Lamar. Charleston will be the three seed at regionals.

WPWells

That means that the loser of Paris-TR will be the four. Just going out on a limb here, but I fully expect either of them to beat whoever wins the other district

Longfellow

Lamar did two things to win that game, they played tougher in the paint and played with more heart. It didn't help that Charleston missed a lot of shots. But at the end of that game, the Warriors fought harder and got the win.

WPWells

February 19, 2015, 07:17:47 pm #66 Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:28:17 pm by 12th Man CHS
Off topic, but a Charleston cheerleader just texted me and would sincerely appreciate an apology from the Lamar player who ran her over and almost broke her ankle

Gators rule

Does Paris have a radio station for game tonight

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 19, 2015, 07:17:47 pm
Off topic, but a Charleston cheerleader just texted me and would sincerely appreciate an apology from the Lamar player who ran her over and almost broke her ankle
Block or charge?

WPWells

Bergman1820

3A-4 Boys
Lamar 52, Charleston 40

Is that the end of the season for Charleston?

Bergman1820

Quote from: vstigerz on February 19, 2015, 10:32:13 pm
3A-4 Boys
Lamar 52, Charleston 40

Is that the end of the season for Charleston?

Oops nevermind. I see they get a 3 seed for regionals.

fbisgreat

2 things about Charleston 's game.1 Bad shooting did happen tonight never have seen Ward miss 2 free throws in a row and CHS was up 37-33 with 4 min. left in the 3rd period and scored 3 points last 12 mins.Smith was 0 for 5 with 4 of his shots getting blocked in the 4th  and Ward was 0 for 10 with 2 air balls and 1 getting blocked.And the Cheerleader had her back turned when Lamar player dove for  a ball out of bounds.

#EagleStrong

Late updates here. Been an interesting night.

Danville girls upset Paris. Hit an unbelievable desperation buzzer beater to win it 48-46 despite a monster game from star sophomore Lycia Peevy. The six seed is through to the championship game, but Lamar looked absolutely dominant tonight against Atkins.

Paris boys dominated Two Rivers. The final was 68-49, but Paris led by 21 at 59-38 to start the fourth quarter and pulled their starters early in the period. Whitlow and Jones were non-factors for TR. Gage Hampton turned in another double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds for Paris. Sophomore forward Talik Robinson finished with 10 points and 8 rebounds and played great defense on Whitlow. Fenner finished with 12 points.

So in the girls championship game you have Lamar and Danville. The Lady Warriors are prohibitive favorites in that one. Danville is trying to win four games in four days.

In the boys you have the home team Paris against Lamar. They split in the regular season. It should be an all-out war.

1-Adam-12

And that, folks, is why you play a district tournament.  Anything can and usually does happen.

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 19, 2015, 09:56:55 pm
She said she had position
If the ref from the finals last year was calling it, it was a charge

BigCatMan

Quote from: #EagleStrong on February 19, 2015, 11:26:08 pm
Late updates here. Been an interesting night.

Danville girls upset Paris. Hit an unbelievable desperation buzzer beater to win it 48-46 despite a monster game from star sophomore Lycia Peevy. The six seed is through to the championship game, but Lamar looked absolutely dominant tonight against Atkins.

Paris boys dominated Two Rivers. The final was 68-49, but Paris led by 21 at 59-38 to start the fourth quarter and pulled their starters early in the period. Whitlow and Jones were non-factors for TR. Gage Hampton turned in another double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds for Paris. Sophomore forward Talik Robinson finished with 10 points and 8 rebounds and played great defense on Whitlow. Fenner finished with 12 points.

So in the girls championship game you have Lamar and Danville. The Lady Warriors are prohibitive favorites in that one. Danville is trying to win four games in four days.

In the boys you have the home team Paris against Lamar. They split in the regular season. It should be an all-out war.
That boys game is gonna be very loud and raucous. Hope they have the PD there lol. Good luck to both teams. The winner should draw a down Cedarville team as the 4.

#EagleStrong

Lamar girls won big as expected. Paris and Lamar boys tip off in five minutes.

Littlejohnfan65

Anybody heard score from Boys Final?

#EagleStrong

Paris wins 76-72 in 2OT. Incredible game.

eaglefan568

WPWells

hoghelmet14

That was THE best ball game I have ever sat thru..... one more overtime and I would be in the hospital!

BigCatMan

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 20, 2015, 10:02:20 pm
That was THE best ball game I have ever sat thru..... one more overtime and I would be in the hospital!
I am sure both sidelines were out of breath. Congrats to the Eagles. Looks like WF and HH play tomorrow for the championship. Sounds like a classic game tonight.

Clara Allen

It was an incredible game.  Both teams left it on the court.  Too bad that can't be said for BOTH student sections.  I am totally all about kids supporting their school, but what bothers me is the lack of respect for the older folks who were trying to watch the game. I was sitting on the bottom row so I could take court side pictures, so I had to shoot around people walking back and forth and the referee's behind in my viewfinder.  The student section stood the entire game, and at one point, almost on the court itself.  Again, I'm not stupid enough to get into it with a bunch of kids supporting their team, it's just that there was one or two who were really hateful.  Paris' principal did come over and told them to stay within their section, and they did do that.
Then there was an issue with a Paris adult getting in the face of one of our kids in our student section.  It took another parent to get between them and got cooler heads to prevail.  BUT- the game was great! Congratulations to the Eagles on their championship.

fbisgreat

As long as Paris allows there student's to stand on the vistor side when the gym is full there will be touble.

eagle-fan

Quote from: fbisgreat on February 21, 2015, 04:16:30 pm
As long as Paris allows there student's to stand on the vistor side when the gym is full there will be touble.
It is a SMALL gym by most standards. So where do you put the students when the adults fill the home side for big games? Do you suggest to have it where the students must sit on the home side always, and the overflow of other home fans must mingle with the visitors adults and students?? Paris has no room or funds to build a new gym, so what you see is what you get. ;)

eagle-fan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 20, 2015, 09:58:44 pm
Congrats Paris!
Classy post ... Gud luck to the 4-3A participants at Regionals. Just one win and I think a team go to State, especially if #1 or #2 Regional seed.

AT

Congrats to Paris. Making Alma's loss to them looking less and less worse to the general public.

WPWells

Extremely likely that the 3A-4 sweeps the region on the boys side IMO. The only bad thing is that Charleston-Paris would be a semi, not a final

cdelaney

Quote from: eagle-fan on February 22, 2015, 09:39:53 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 20, 2015, 09:58:44 pm
Congrats Paris!
Classy post ... Gud luck to the 4-3A participants at Regionals. Just one win and I think a team go to State, especially if #1 or #2 Regional seed.
One win gets you to State, regardless of your regional seed.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on February 21, 2015, 04:08:19 pm
It was an incredible game.  Both teams left it on the court.  Too bad that can't be said for BOTH student sections.  I am totally all about kids supporting their school, but what bothers me is the lack of respect for the older folks who were trying to watch the game. I was sitting on the bottom row so I could take court side pictures, so I had to shoot around people walking back and forth and the referee's behind in my viewfinder.  The student section stood the entire game, and at one point, almost on the court itself.  Again, I'm not stupid enough to get into it with a bunch of kids supporting their team, it's just that there was one or two who were really hateful.  Paris' principal did come over and told them to stay within their section, and they did do that.
Then there was an issue with a Paris adult getting in the face of one of our kids in our student section.  It took another parent to get between them and got cooler heads to prevail.  BUT- the game was great! Congratulations to the Eagles on their championship.

It this not a GREAT COUNTRY!!!! if you don't like coming to Paris.... you can stay home... its not against the law....

For the first time in a loooooooooooooong time... out kids are supporting all our sports...  so that said....  sorry you did not enjoy yourself.....

and it was a great game.... Glad We Won!

fbisgreat

Eagle-Fan you say Paris gym is small.A lot of gyms I been in might seat 1000 people.Paris gym holds maybe 900 on home side and 600 on vistor side it's not ready a small gym.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: fbisgreat on February 22, 2015, 08:09:22 pm
Eagle-Fan you say Paris gym is small.A lot of gyms I been in might seat 1000 people.Paris gym holds maybe 900 on home side and 600 on vistor side it's not ready a small gym.

Been to Paris' gym one time...My only complaint was no chair backs!

hoghelmet14

Quote from: HF on February 22, 2015, 08:10:43 pm

We have chair backs in two sections.....  of course you got to get there before lunch... they are claimed by the retired folks who are at every game no matter who plays....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 22, 2015, 09:43:16 pm

We have chair backs in two sections.....  of course you got to get there before lunch... they are claimed by the retired folks who are at every game no matter who plays....

you wouldn't talk about yourself like that now would you??? :D 8)  I kid I kid

hoghelmet14

Quote from: HF on February 22, 2015, 09:58:09 pm

LOL.... NO but my Parents have "assigned" seats.... they hold them for each other.... and don't even think about trying to get one!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 22, 2015, 10:27:28 pm
Quote from: HF on February 22, 2015, 09:58:09 pm

LOL.... NO but my Parents have "assigned" seats.... they hold them for each other.... and don't even think about trying to get one!

I don't even try to sit on the homeside at the gyms I go to for that reason.

Clara Allen

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 22, 2015, 11:59:35 am
Quote from: warriorsforever2 on February 21, 2015, 04:08:19 pm

It this not a GREAT COUNTRY!!!! if you don't like coming to Paris.... you can stay home... its not against the law....

For the first time in a loooooooooooooong time... out kids are supporting all our sports...  so that said....  sorry you did not enjoy yourself.....

and it was a great game.... Glad We Won!
Holy Crap- don't get your panties in a twist!  The kids for the most part were very respectful and there was no ugliness from them.  It was just two or three who were acting like hooligans and trying to start something with the adults. 
I love it when there is a great student section cheering for what's happening ON THE COURT.  I wish that our CURRENT students were as vocal and encouraging.  Unfortunately, it's recent graduates who start the garbage in our student section.  Lamar is getting a pretty nasty reputation as being really horrible fans.  And I hate it!
So- once again- the game Friday was a fantastic game- it was too bad that one team had to lose.  I'm sad it was ours, but hey, we could meet again.   Good luck to the Eagles in Regionals, until they play Lamar.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas