• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marion Open

Started by Sporty, April 18, 2018, 08:31:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

purpleswag

Quote from: Sporty on May 15, 2018, 11:27:28 am
Class 2A Bulletin Board Material / Re: Clarendon Head Coach
« on: March 14, 2013, 09:50:27 pm »
Just because you are an assistant coach on a state championship team it doesn't necessarily mean you will be a great head coach. Just like being an assistant coach on a bad team doesn't mean you will be a bad head coach.

quote from Coach Davis--I mean pullthetackle

Man! Way back

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: Sporty on May 15, 2018, 11:27:28 am
Class 2A Bulletin Board Material / Re: Clarendon Head Coach
« on: March 14, 2013, 09:50:27 pm »
Just because you are an assistant coach on a state championship team it doesn't necessarily mean you will be a great head coach. Just like being an assistant coach on a bad team doesn't mean you will be a bad head coach.

quote from Coach Davis--I mean pullthetackle

Funny!  Some truth in it.  Guys that did really well at one place have at times not been able to repeat that success at a different school, sometimes at the same school!  Talent is what makes a good coach really good.

Pat Swilling

footballfan-tastic

Keith Houston from Chisholm Trail in Fort Worth.  Several others coming with him.

gameoflife

Made

http://chisholmtrail.sidhelp.com/coachBio/2/9/1921.php

Looks like he's defensive minded played some safety and TE in college

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: Made on May 18, 2018, 02:11:58 pm
http://chisholmtrail.sidhelp.com/coachBio/2/9/1921.php

Looks like he's defensive minded played some safety and TE in college

He better be because that has been a weak spot.

gameoflife

Houston is the HC, he played at OLE MISS.  Does he have any head coach experience?

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on May 18, 2018, 09:09:25 am
Keith Houston from Chisholm Trail in Fort Worth.  Several others coming with him.

He's bringing a staff?... For High school?..

tmycjy

What is his offense and defense formations

Redwolves8526

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on May 22, 2018, 09:38:39 am
He's bringing a staff?... For High school?..

4 total coaches.

goldoline

ANOTHER  out-of-state hire.  Coaches who choose to stay in Arkansas and work their way into a Head Coach position are not given the real opportunity.  First, in the late 1990's through 2004, old coaches would retire and then get rehired, allowing them to draw 2 checks.  Now, Texans and Okies are flooding in.  When an in-state coach is hired, the jobs for upward mobility open, like falling dominoes.  School boards and key administrators are making shortsighted decisions.  Most of these will bail out and return to the state from which they came at 1st chance. 

gameoflife

Those that are doing the hiring are making a statement about the quality of Arkansas applicants.  There have been a number of out of staters hired in the border towns it seems.

gameoflife

Curious question.  Are we seeing more administrative positions going to out of state applicants as well?

Iknewthemwhen

I think you can get on the Marion School District facebook page and see the introduction and Q and A of the new staff. I understand they answered questions about what O/D they will be running.

gameoflife

Watched the introduction of new staff, seem like a decent set of guys.  Talked about role models and high character.  Coaching wise seems as many unanswered questions as answered.  It depends on what the talent pool provides.

footballfan-tastic

I love Fearless Friday!
View Profile  Personal Message (Online)

Re: Marion Open
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2018, 06:32:28 pm »
QuoteModify
Quote from: PulltheTackle on May 14, 2018, 04:50:04 pm
The new hc, who was the dc at the school in Texas, is coming from a program that has gone 3-7 (gave up an ave of 36 ppg), 4-6, and 3-7 the last three years. The guy going to be dc is coming from a school that went 0-10 last year and 1-9 the year before. I would think there were candidates from Arkansas that had better resumes than that.

Whoa!!   If that is indeed true it seems very odd.  I'd have to see that confirmed to believe it.  Of course schools have this thing about hiring Texas coaches.
Modify message
Report to moderator     74.51.

Well I guess I see it and now believe it.  Still seems odd.

goldoline

1 problem with not hiring Arkansas Football Coaches is the out-of-state hires prevent the "dominoes from falling" in relation to coaching jobs/opportunities for the loyal Assistant Coaches who teach 3 to 6 classes a day These coaches who have prepared themselves to move up are not getting the chance.  This is shortsighted on the part of the school administrators and school boards. 

gameoflife

My question is why this guy or guys over Arkansas applicants.  There was an early post of 3 highly touted south Arkansas apps.

x14113

Even stranger considering how this coaching staff keeps getting poached, the latest courtesy of Paris.

If you're in the market for delta property...

Iknewthemwhen

Strange that so many have left and as strange that many have landed HC jobs with limited success.  I reckon Marion will be hiring another coach to replace the one that went to Paris? Hows the new staff working with the kids. Any camp or 7 on 7 results yet?

ClutchFactor62

Their OC from last year just left as well and became the head baseball coach and assistant for the high school football staff at Riverview...interesting. Seems like they had some good coaches on the previous staff.

Iknewthemwhen

So are any of the old staff left?  I don't know how good the old coaches were or are, they didn't do anything really impressive at Marion but they had been around for a while at some other places.  But then, I'm not sure how impressive the records of the new guys are. How are workouts going for Marion?

footballfan-tastic

How is the summer going for the Pats?  Haven't seen much about the team development since the new hires.

ClutchFactor62

I know they didn't lose much from last year and I've seen where two of their defensive players have D-1 offers. That Switzer kid was offered by A-State not too long ago. They probably will be better regardless of who is coaching them. They also looked a lot bigger/better up front in the spring game than from years past.

Sporty

August 09, 2018, 01:35:41 pm #125 Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 02:00:06 pm by Sporty
 :o

Iknewthemwhen

Wynne, West Memphis, Pine Bluff and Jonesboro are the tougher games on the schedule.  They should be able to go 6-4 in the regular season and 4-3 in conference play, then have a tough playoff game if they finish 4th.  With all the hype over the new coaches I think fans are going to expect at least a 6-4 season.  I didn't see a tune up game for the preseason so they may not get a chance to gauge their chances until Wynne.

gameoflife

New staff, new O/D, new season but not much coming out of the patriot nation. 

Iknewthemwhen

Good win for the Pats.  Kids were able to rise to the finish and claim the win.

Iknewthemwhen

A second close win at the wire. Kids playing hard it seems.

Iknewthemwhen

Three nail-biters in a row.  Can't play em much closer.  Next week we see if they really are that good!

Mr_Deb

Gotta give Marion a little credit it's always good to go unbeaten in non conference. Curious if they're still in the same system or not? Last year their quarterback proved to be a stud... not sure if he was a senior or not but it'd be fine with me if he was lol

Two 3-0 teams five miles apart you can't beat it... game should be packed as usual  :)

Iknewthemwhen

How they do against WM will tell where they are for sure.
I'd say BlueDevils, by  3 scores.

Iknewthemwhen

And the Pats keep rolling along.  All close but mostly wins.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas