• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-A Basketball coaching questions.

Started by Optimus Prime 2.0, April 22, 2014, 02:52:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Optimus Prime 2.0

Hey I don't follow 1-A basketball much but I've heard for years that Guy-Perkins is the Mecca of small school basketball. And that they have a legend of a coach, John Hutchcraft that's been the game forever. I also hear there are several people who don't like the coach or school. He still coaching? And I also hear one of his former players is junior high coach. What's the story on him? He any good?

HorseFeathers

He has a thousand plus wins with ten or eleven state titles in boys and girls combined. Had a three-peat run in girls about ten years ago. Been accused of wrong doing for a long time don't think anyone has ever proved anything though.

Batman44

One of his ex players is Sr girls coach at Fayetteville. His daughter was three time MVP in state, coached Conway Christian to a state championship in her second year of coaching. Now coaching Conway Sr girls. Won state championship this year. John is still coaching. Said he has a grandson coming up that he wants to coach. He expects to have another good team for the next 3 or 4 yrs. As for recruiting, I know he has been accused of it, however, he just had kids from Conway, Vilonia, Greenbrier, and other places that just wanted to play for him. I wouldn't say for sure that he recruited them.

J.D.

J.D.

Optimus Prime 2.0

What about their junior high coach/program? I've heard nothing but good things about them. Reason I ask is cause one of my friends has them on schedule next season.

J.D.

Quote from: Optimus Prime 2.0 on April 23, 2014, 05:30:58 pm
What about their junior high coach/program? I've heard nothing but good things about them. Reason I ask is cause one of my friends has them on schedule next season.

I thought their Jr.High were really good last year.  I only watched them once though

Batman44

J.D. I'm sure you know more than I do about the R word concerning Guy-Perkins, so I'll just let you address that issue, and I'll remain on the sidelines:)

FreeMoney

Quote from: Batman44 on April 23, 2014, 07:05:23 pm
J.D. I'm sure you know more than I do about the R word concerning Guy-Perkins, so I'll just let you address that issue, and I'll remain on the sidelines:)
Yeah go JD

Catfish

Quote from: J.D. on April 23, 2014, 05:49:59 pm

I thought their Jr.High were really good last year.  I only watched them once though

It looks like the MVE/Guy rivalry is back JD!

J.D.

Quote from: Catfish on April 24, 2014, 02:03:41 pm
Quote from: J.D. on April 23, 2014, 05:49:59 pm

It looks like the MVE/Guy rivalry is back JD!

It's been there. Have had several close games the past few years.

Not as much talk on the games because the teams haven't been strong state title contenders the past couple of years. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas