• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 1A State Championship(BOYS): Fri 7:00 Concord vs. Wonderview(VOTE)

Started by Brian G, March 11, 2014, 05:45:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Concord
65 (76.5%)
Wonderview
20 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: March 14, 2014, 06:41:34 pm

Brian G

More to come.

Game will be Fri or Sat and will announced on Wed around noon.

anevay1523

I'm taking Concord. Doesn't matter who they play. It seems they really want that championship banner.

Turd Ferguson

Catfish

Turd Ferguson

Yes....im liking this Catfish guy.....feel like he has some ties to these Concord kids.....

Basketball4life10

I'm taking Concord. With it being Roark's senior year and all, they will finally take state. Especially after losing to Bay last year on a missed last second shot. Concord by 10 no matter who they play

goteam

HorseFeathers

Concord....Roark will ride out of the gym on shoulders of the masses and the whole town of Concord will party in Hot Springs...haha

Batman44

Got to go with Concord. They've come too far to turn back now.

Eagle2424

I'm taking wonderview boys, and girls. I'd like to see the same team win state in boys and girls.

Woodrow1

Concord hasn't been beat by a class 1a team this year, and they won't get beat in the finals either.

Concord hoists the trophy!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Eagle2424 on March 11, 2014, 08:45:57 pm
I'm taking wonderview boys, and girls. I'd like to see the same team win state in boys and girls.

That's boring...lol...happened 13 times in Arkansas High School Basketball already...go watch game film :D...I think the majority will want to see Concord finally win the big one...

benchMVP15

I would like to see wonderview pull off the underdog win. Seems like a lot had picked them to lose their first round game against western grove and ever since then they have changed people's opinion about them. If wonderview keeps shooting like they have, then I think they will beat concord by 10.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: benchMVP15 on March 11, 2014, 09:02:57 pm
I would like to see wonderview pull off the underdog win. Seems like a lot had picked them to lose their first round game against western grove and ever since then they have changed people's opinion about them. If wonderview keeps shooting like they have, then I think they will beat concord by 10.

Alot of people had them not even making state...because they predicted WSGF to upset them in Region lol

benchMVP15

Quote from: HF on March 11, 2014, 09:03:54 pm

Alot of people had them not even making state...because they predicted WSGF to upset them in Region lol

They almost got a lower seed for regionals while playing in district. Mount Vernon had them beat, but gave the game back to wonderview. Number 20 had 37 points I believe for wonderview

arstatechamp13

Concord for sure. They're playing well now, it's time.

Catfish

Concord wore Scranton out tonight. D was really solid too. If concord plays like they did today the win by no less than 20. They beat Scranton 18 today and Scranton is quite a bit better than WV in my eyes.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Catfish on March 11, 2014, 09:24:14 pm

Concord wore Scranton out tonight. D was really solid too. If concord plays like they did today the win by no less than 20. They beat Scranton 18 today and Scranton is quite a bit better than WV in my eyes.

On the court Scranton was only 7 point better...but that was almost 5 months ago as well...

jacket3

I'm going with concord it's time for Roark to finally receive the hardware he's work so hard for!

WhiteRiverMonster

Quote from: jacket3 on March 12, 2014, 06:08:08 am
I'm going with concord it's time for Roark to finally receive the hardware he's work so hard for!

+1

I really believe he's one of the hardest working guys in Arkansas basketball right now. Really hope that Concord brings home the hardware. Also hope the game is on the same day as CR's since the fans all know each other, as do the boys.

gamechanger11

Basketballfan10

Anything could happen but Concord has absolutely dominated the 1A. They haven't lost to a single 1A team this year... That is impressive. I haven't seen them play but I'm going with Concord by 10+.

Catfish

TimeManagement

Concord by 10+ Wonderview has surprised me this far...but there time is up i say. Roark gonna score 30+. Wonderview wont even be close to them the whole game.

Catfish

J.D.

redhawkmomma

I predict Concord...Roark has worked too hard to not take home hardware. He has plenty of talent around him as well. Both teams are talented and should be a good game.

Turd Ferguson

Concord + 13.089...... credited to their thrust defense on the post!

HogFan00

HogFan00

I'm going with Wonderview. They are the under dogs. Never been a fan of Concord. I've seen a lot of basketball games in my 46 years, and Wonderview plays good TEAM ball. Not as much talent as concord but once again, 1A IS DOWN!

Turd Ferguson

Nice try hog...but u pale in comparison with your witless insults when compared to BS...not worth the keystrokes....Concord by 89.04865

DogsWin7

goteam

I feel as if Wonderview doesn't get the credit they deserve. They are playing phenomenal right now with 5 boys scoring in double digits. I realize they're the under dog but I feel they're going to upset Concord. Whatever the results, it won't come easy for either team.

Run N Punch

Quote from: Turd Ferguson on March 12, 2014, 04:56:46 pm
Nice try hog...but u pale in comparison with your witless insults when compared to BS...not worth the keystrokes....Concord by 89.04865
Yeah what kind of methametrics are those? 

J.D.

Quote from: Run N Punch on March 12, 2014, 10:38:29 pm
Quote from: Turd Ferguson on March 12, 2014, 04:56:46 pm
Yeah what kind of methametrics are those?

Point proved.

arstatechamp13

Here's how I see it: If Concord plays like they did in the second half against Emerson and the against Scranton, they're not going to get beat. All five players have been contributing in many ways. They haven't lost a game against a 1A team. They have experience, they have more talent, they have the best player in 1A who is backed up by a well rounded, talented, intelligent supporting cast who is still ticked off from last year. Wonderview is going to have look past all that and play as best as they can. Any one of Concord's players can score 20 on any given night. Concord has a defensive strategy for every team they play. If Wonderview comes out and let's Concord go on a run out of the gate, it's over. If Concord lets them hang around it's going to be a close one. I know Wonderview is good and they have really been playing well. But they're playing the clear shot best team who just came off an 18 point win over the (probably) 2nd best team. If Concord had squeeked by these last two teams it would be a different story. But when they came out after halftime in the second round, it was the old Concord again. They slumped for a couple games and came back stronger than ever. There's no way they play bad. And if they play their best, I don't see any result other than a Concord victory. I respect Wonderview for making it so far under low expectations. But people keep saying "1A is down" and whatnot and I agree. Concord returned 4 starters from a state runner up team. Concord is not down. Scranton is not down. The other side of the bracket is where 1A showed its "down" I would have said SSBB or Norfork were the best teams on that side and they got upset. Is Wonderview good? Sure. Can they beat Concord? Absolutely. Did they have a tough road to the finals? Not exactly. You put them on the same road as Concord and they probably wouldn't be in the finals. My opinion. I'm ready for any insults so let's go.

somefan

I couldn't agree with you more, some teams had a harder road to the finals than others, despite what seed they were. SSBB beat Wonderview twice and played Concord to a close 3 pt loss and I'll be dang if that's not who ended up in the finals. :-\ Should have beat County Line, but hey...that's just how it goes. They had a good season and worked hard to get as far as they did and surprised a lot of people! Concord will win it and they deserve it, its time they bring it home. No disrespect to Wonderview at all, great team, very respectful and well mannered young players. Proud to see them in the finals as well! Good luck to both teams, and I think I'll close with what has been a joke on here most of the season, gotta go... time to hit the field and watch some young men swing some bats!!!

gobblerfire

SSBB did beat Wonderview in the regional tourney, but that night they would have beat anyone due to hot shooting. But since then SSBB hasn't been able to draw water. Wonderview is a hard working team and deserve to be where they are. No superstars but an all around good TEAM.

Turd Ferguson

Very good points by everyone. No insults coming from the Turd. Great group of kids from Concord. It will be a sea of purple and gold.

somefan

Quote from: gobblerfire on March 13, 2014, 10:45:26 am
SSBB did beat Wonderview in the regional tourney, but that night they would have beat anyone due to hot shooting. But since then SSBB hasn't been able to draw water. Wonderview is a hard working team and deserve to be where they are. No superstars but an all around good TEAM.

I can guarantee you that SSBB could not have beat Concord that night lol, despite their hot shooting! If WV can and does, then hey that's great too. It's obvious that SSBB haven't been able to draw water since, they are out afterall. And I think I mentioned that Wonderview has a great GROUP of PLAYERS and was proud to see them in the finals. I don't have a dog in the hunt, just casting my vote and opinion like everyone else. I'll say it again good luck to BOTH teams!!

ballout223

First off some of you have never seen wonderview play and yall need to give them credit too. they worked just as hard as concod did so shut up. Quit dissing wonderview period. concord is a great team but wonderview can pull it off.

arstatechamp13

Dude, nobody dissed them. Nobody said they didn't have a chance. We're talking about sports. If you don't like it, don't read it. Let's be adults here. Thanks

Run N Punch

arstatechamp13

ballout223

arstatechamp13

Run N Punch

HorseFeathers

Turd Ferguson

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas