• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 1A State Championship(GIRLS): Friday 8:45 Wonderview vs. Nemo Vista

Started by Brian G, March 11, 2014, 05:44:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Wonderview
30 (57.7%)
Nemo Vista
22 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: March 14, 2014, 06:25:38 pm

Brian G

More to come.

Game will be Fri or Sat and will announced on Wed around noon.

anevay1523

benchMVP15

I think Woderview will win. After losing to nemo in district and regional finals wonderview will be playing with a chip on their shoulder. I also think wonderviews coach is better then nemos and will make the right adjustments

Brian G

Catfish

Pulling for Nemo. Very well coached, and super calm for a bunch full of 9th and 10th graders!

armorall

How would you like to be in that conference the next 2 or 3 years?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: armorall on March 11, 2014, 09:33:51 pm

It's Nemo and Wonderview next year(Pretty sure they both bring back all 5+ next year...but View may have some seniors..)...and then everyone else will be battling for 3rd and 4th

armorall

I think Sacred Heart will be a lot better next year, they were pretty young this year but I don't know if they have the guns to beat either one. It will for sure be a tough conference next year.

J.D.

Quote from: HF on March 11, 2014, 09:40:51 pm
Quote from: armorall on March 11, 2014, 09:33:51 pm

It's Nemo and Wonderview next year(Pretty sure they both bring back all 5+ next year...but View may have some seniors..)...and then everyone else will be battling for 3rd and 4th

Only 1 I think.

gamechanger11

Think WV gets this one. They will have the best player on floor. She wont let them lose this one.

arstatechamp13

If Wonderview plays together and plays better defense than last time I'll take them by 5.

redhawkmomma

Nemo Vista is young but more well-rounded than Wonderview. Shut Zimmerman down and Nemo can take them again. Both teams are well-coached and are full of talent, but Red Hawks are determined to make more Nemo Vista history!!!

hogsandgolf

HorseFeathers

Is this the first nemo team boys or girls to make the finals since the boys won it forty years ago?

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: HF on March 12, 2014, 09:38:00 am
Is this the first nemo team boys or girls to make the finals since the boys won it forty years ago?
I believe so. Definitely won't be the last time either.

Yvette

Yvette

Sorry  - That was Sacred Heart girls that won in 2006 & 2007

Catfish

The game time has been announced for Friday at 8:45 pm

J.D.

Coach Simon's third State Finals appearance in four years. That's pretty good lol.

J.D.

Both girls teams are really good and deserving!  Unfortunate that someone has to lose but that's part of it.  Good luck to both teams!

redhawkmomma

Nemo girls have never won it before...Wonderview girls won it in 2012...it is Nemo's time!!!!

J.D.

Quote from: redhawkmomma on March 12, 2014, 02:15:39 pm
Nemo girls have never won it before...Wonderview girls won it in 2012...it is Nemo's time!!!!

They very well could win it all.  I've been giving out high praise the entire post-season for Nemo.  Knew that the freshmen were the best in state and once they moved up, they were as talented as anyone and obviously that has come to pass.

People don't need to get it twisted either. The freshmen are great but the couple of sophomore guards along with the one junior forward/post all make that team what it is. The coach has done a fantastic job as well. They are always having someone step up when it is needed an it seems to be a different player every time.

However, Friday night is going to be a battle.  Coach Simon has Wonderview playing well, and Bailey Zimmerman is hard to stop right now. It's going to be a great game.

3rd shift

The Nemo girls are very talented and play together as a team. Gonna be great for years to come. With that being said I think Coach Simon will make the adjustments needed to win this game. Wonderview by 4. Should be a great and exciting game.

ballout223

Nemo is only good because of mayhen and harrison other than that  nemo would not have made it this far with out them. Daredevils all the way. Its going to be a great and nail bitting game but coach simon is a heck of a coach i mean 3 out of 4 times to state can you say good nemos coach has never made it before. hahahhha

HorseFeathers

....didn't see region finals but in the district final game between these two teams. Nemo was the better team at 4 out of 5 positions on the floor. . . .

ballout223

BS.. Wonderview had Nemos team beat in regionals so u can shut that BS up

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballout223 on March 13, 2014, 05:26:51 pm
BS.. Wonderview had Nemos team beat in regionals so u can shut that BS up

Apparently Wonderview Schools has failed you in the fact you can't comprehend my post...I said DISTRICT FINALS....

ballout223

Brian G

gobblerfire

Thanks B.G. For the suspension of that so called Wonderview fan. I am a Wonderview fan as well but his comments were way out of line and a poor representation of the School and it's fans.

bscinar

+1 BG - keep it classy. Too many trolls show up this time of year.

HorseFeathers

Well...That escalated quickly...

Official prediction...Nemo Vista by 5...

playhard

Nemo won the games in Harrison but did not play their best. WV is playing their best ball of the season right now. Simon has been here before and he prepares for his opponents well. I don't think Nemo will win 3 in a row over WV. My prediction WV by 10.

HorseFeathers

Zimmerman had 11 pts in her last State Finals appearance...I thnk win or lose tonight she doubles that...

HorseFeathers

Brian G

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

19-13 following a 3 pointer by Ali Harris(Wonderview)...6:00 minutes to go

Brian G

HorseFeathers

Quote from: B.G. on March 14, 2014, 09:37:51 pm
Even down, I predict a WV 7 point win.

Boo! LoL...win lose or draw....Every girls team in 1A should be worried about how good/great Nemo will be next year...

Nemo 19 Wonderview 17 with 3:53 left in 3rd after 2 FT for Zimmerman

HorseFeathers

Both teams are having terrible shooting nights...Nemo is 7-21, WV is 6 of 24...

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

21 up headed to teh 4th quarter...Nemo going to have to figure out some adjustments to make to slow down WOnderview...

Zimmerman has 11 to lead all scorers to this point...

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

Nemo 23 Wonderview 24 with 5:48 left following a big 3 point shot by Ali Harris

HorseFeathers

All these time outs bug me....but anyway...7 players have all the points for the two teams...

Brian G

HorseFeathers

Quote from: B.G. on March 14, 2014, 09:53:56 pm
You say "all" like it's a lot.

True...neither team is exactly lighting it up lol

Nemo takes the lead back with a 3 point shot by Chase Paladino....Nemo 26 Wonderview 24...4:56 left in Regulation

HorseFeathers

Paladino hits another 3 to break another tie...29-26 Nemo Vista lead with 4 left

Brian G

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas