• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A Week 4

Started by beach bum, September 16, 2017, 10:09:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OLDSCHOOL82

Adapted realized he wasn't man enough to be posting against me so he bowed out.  Lots of shoulds for next year.  Will discuss that when the time comes but the current situation is completely different than the past. 

YC

Booneville will most likely mercy rule every conference opponent in 2018. They will have the hosses to do it and it is what it is. I will be shocked if they don't win the 3A state championship.

Someone said the 2014 Tiger team was basically the same as the 2013 team. That is not exactly correct. They lost 14 seniors off that 2013 team and at least half were starters and at least three were two-way starters.

Now to break the promise I made to myself earlier about not talking about any conference team except Charleston. I will attempt to get this thread back on the topic it was intended to be.

Charleston over Cedarville by 25 – Charleston not where they need to be yet. Way, way, to many penalties. Just can't continue to play behind the sticks as much as they are and not suffer the consequences somewhere down the road. Defense against the run must improve. – Cedarville appears to be struggling again this year.

Perryville over Two Rivers by 30 – disappointed in Perryville so far. Probably just a matter of time until things start clicking. - Two Rivers probably with a disappointing year. Hope Josh can get numbers up and turn it around.

Mansfield over Paris by 7 – shocked how badly Mansfield was defeated by Greenland (however I don't know how good or bad Greenland is). Respectable score against Waldron (don't know the circumstances of how the game played out). Good win against Lincoln. With that soph QB they will be a threat against most teams of this conference – Paris obviously not looking good. Their projected starting QB moving out of state has probably hurt. The kid that replaced him last year when injured is back and he wasn't bad. Loss of other projected starters prior to season has hurt.

Atkins over Lamar by 14 – If the Atkins QB is as good as people are saying he can cause the other members of the conference some grief. Also hear they have a pretty good line. – Lamar is just suffering from growing pains. I hear the new QB is coming along quite well. Should be a pretty good team in this conference down the road. 

BAMA#16

Booneville will mercy rule everyone in conference next year, and should win state. CHS loses too many playmakers to replace.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: BAMA#16 on September 22, 2017, 09:55:03 am
Booneville will mercy rule everyone in conference next year, and should win state. CHS loses too many playmakers to replace.
What does this have to do with 4-3A, week 4. Last time I looked, Booneville was still in 4A.

beach bum

It seems to be going about as planned.... Cedarville must be eating some clock or something cause I thought Charleston may have more than that by the half even though they are winning comfortably. And anyone got a Paris vs Mansfield score?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on September 22, 2017, 08:22:48 pm
It seems to be going about as planned.... Cedarville must be eating some clock or something cause I thought Charleston may have more than that by the half even though they are winning comfortably. And anyone got a Paris vs Mansfield score?

Paris 14-0 at half(I think) I'll post again if that's wrong

HorseFeathers

Paris 19 Mansfield 6 half per ArklahomaPreps on Twitter

beach bum

beach bum

Some one just posted Cedarville scored again on Charleston.... A two score game now? I am sure the Tigers will stretch it out but they are making them work in Tiger land for at least the first 30 minutes it seems?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on September 22, 2017, 08:38:20 pm
Some one just posted Cedarville scored again on Charleston.... A two score game now? I am sure the Tigers will stretch it out but they are making them work in Tiger land for at least the first 30 minutes it seems?

Still 28-12?

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 22, 2017, 08:56:52 pm
Still 28-12?

Almatrackster just updated 34-12 with 11 minutes left.....

beach bum

Now 41-12.... Charleston must have pick 6 or scooped up a fumble is the only thing I can think of cause his post shows less than 40 seconds went off the clock between scores for Charleston.

beach bum

Perryville won just like we thought they would.... Looks like Atkins his doing solid too tonight. I wonder if Paris is still holding on.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on September 22, 2017, 09:09:34 pm
Perryville won just like we thought they would.... Looks like Atkins his doing solid too tonight. I wonder if Paris is still holding on.

Do you have Twitter? Lol...19-12 after 3...Mansfield threw a 59 yd td pass early in 3rd quarter

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 22, 2017, 09:11:15 pm
Do you have Twitter? Lol...19-12 after 3...Mansfield threw a 59 yd td pass early in 3rd quarter

I don't know how but I have escaped the twitter world. I am getting one now simply for sports at all levels. I never have even thought about that aspect, but I am getting it now for updates.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on September 22, 2017, 09:12:41 pm
I don't know how but I have escaped the twitter world. I am getting one now simply for sports at all levels. I never have even thought about that aspect, but I am getting it now for updates.

Between it and FF there aren't many scores you can't find on Friday nights

WPWells

beach bum

September 22, 2017, 09:19:38 pm #67 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:01:09 pm by beach bum
Sweet thanks again HF, And I certainly will WPWells!! I'll have one by tomorrow haha.

HorseFeathers

Paris qb knocked out of the game....Backup gets picked off...

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 22, 2017, 09:20:42 pm
Paris qb knocked out of the game....Backup gets picked off...

Wow, if he is out an extended period that is really bad news for them. People on here have said that he is the focal point of that offense running/throwing

fbisgreat

Quote from: beach bum on September 22, 2017, 09:08:43 pm
Now 41-12.... Charleston must have pick 6 or scooped up a fumble is the only thing I can think of cause his post shows less than 40 seconds went off the clock between scores for Charleston.
Charleston did not look good tonight but a lot of So. got to play as SMF and Ketter and  bonds all were out tonight.

2010Tigerhaz-been

Quote from: fbisgreat on September 22, 2017, 10:14:38 pm
Charleston did not look good tonight but a lot of So. got to play as SMF and Ketter and  bonds all were out tonight.

Why?

GBattack

SMF shoulder...Ketter...knee...Bonds...arm. Most should be back within a week or two.

YC

I was not as upset how the game played out as some I've spoken with post game. We need to take into account the situation the team and coaches were in approaching it. I saw a lot of good things from this group last night.

A lot of underclassmen saw meaningful game experience – not just mop-up duty – and that will play dividends down the road. With three two-way starters in street clothes and it appeared to me (I have not yet learned the body language of most of this year's players so not positive) that two other two-way players only played one way ninety five percent of the game – again, meaningful game experience for some reserves. Sure, the defense broke down a couple or three times but again we must consider the circumstances.

I was impressed with the back-up punter. He did a good job on both punts. Just one minor and easily correctable flaw in his technique and I'm sure the coaches will correct that.

We probably had only a third of the penalties we had in our first three games and that's encouraging.

All in all, I thought was a pretty good team performance.

James20

Booneville was supposed to beat everybody the last time they were in the AAA. Charleston thumped their awesome team twice and Prescott thumped them and sent them home. Please compare Charleston's and Booneviile's championships in the last 20 years. Boonville's program is not close to Charleston's. Don't get ahead of yourself Boonville.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: James20 on September 23, 2017, 11:24:38 pm
Booneville was supposed to beat everybody the last time they were in the AAA. Charleston thumped their awesome team twice and Prescott thumped them and sent them home. Please compare Charleston's and Booneviile's championships in the last 20 years. Boonville's program is not close to Charleston's. Don't get ahead of yourself Boonville.

Charleston wouldn't have as many championships playing in the 4a.

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 24, 2017, 11:20:48 am
Charleston wouldn't have as many championships playing in the 4a.

That went through my mind too.... Booneville won its last title in 2013 as nearly the smallest 4A school by enrollment. There is a big difference in the top 7 or 8 teams in 4A and the same top 7 or 8 in 3A. I love me some 2A and 3A ball now, but that was quite impressive Booneville doing that. Charleston is definitely on the short list of best "pound for pound" programs in the state, but what Booneville has done shouldn't have been discredited by that poster either. The two schools have had slightly different paths the last decade and both impressive on their own merit.

gold45

I don't think you can say Charleston "thumped" Booneville twice.  That second game came down to the wire and I don't think there was a Charleston fan in the stands that semi-final game that didn't realize they were extremely lucky they came out on top in the last few seconds of that game.  Booneville is just big enough they get bumped up every few years and they are still extremely competitive in upper classifications with very small numbers.  Their history of winning in football speaks for itself.  To try and discredit them just makes you look like an ignorant poster.

OLDSCHOOL82

First off, there will be plenty of time to talk about 2018, in 2018.  Chucktown won both, yep.  Preskitt did not.  Anyways, awesome first post and welcome to ff.

James20

Quote from: gold45 on September 24, 2017, 07:50:31 pm
I don't think you can say Charleston "thumped" Booneville twice.  That second game came down to the wire and I don't think there was a Charleston fan in the stands that semi-final game that didn't realize they were extremely lucky they came out on top in the last few seconds of that game.  Booneville is just big enough they get bumped up every few years and they are still extremely competitive in upper classifications with very small numbers.  Their history of winning in football speaks for itself.  To try and discredit them just makes you look like an ignorant poster.
Not trying to discredit Booneville at all. They're a great program. They win alot of games. The discredit was given when the poster came on and said Booneville will mercy rule every team before the season even starts. They're going to be a few other pretty good teams they go up against next year so not so fast on that. As far as Booneville being in 3A or 4A, a great program wins at whatever level they're at. When Charleston beat them twice in one year Booneville was the larger school.So please stop the excuses. Charleston graduates about 65 students every year and has beaten teams that graduate 150. And so has Booneville. I was just comparing overall programs in the last 20 years. So unless Booneville has won 5 Championships and been in 7 please don't get ahead of yourselves.

gold45

Quote from: James20 on September 29, 2017, 10:18:16 pm
Not trying to discredit Booneville at all. They're a great program. They win alot of games. The discredit was given when the poster came on and said Booneville will mercy rule every team before the season even starts. They're going to be a few other pretty good teams they go up against next year so not so fast on that. As far as Booneville being in 3A or 4A, a great program wins at whatever level they're at. When Charleston beat them twice in one year Booneville was the larger school.So please stop the excuses. Charleston graduates about 65 students every year and has beaten teams that graduate 150. And so has Booneville. I was just comparing overall programs in the last 20 years. So unless Booneville has won 5 Championships and been in 7 please don't get ahead of yourselves.

Not sure what excuses you are referring to?  And Booneville has a good team full of what will be 3 year starters next year so they will be very competitive in the 3A.  I must have missed the post where someone said they will mercy rule everyone because I have just read the posts which logically projects them to be a tough team to beat when they drop back down.  And by the way, I wear black and gold on Friday nights.  Just so you know.

James20

A poster earlier in the thread stated that Booneville would probably mercy rule everybody they played next year. Doubt that happens. If Booneville did beat everybody in conference I would personally hope they win state. It just makes this area look better for football. I think this little area between Charleston, Booneviile and Greenwood has the best football in the state. I don't know why we're even talking about next year. Congratulations to Booneville on a big win win over ozark. Any day ozark is beaten is a good day.

gold45

Quote from: James20 on September 29, 2017, 11:30:39 pm
A poster earlier in the thread stated that Booneville would probably mercy rule everybody they played next year. Doubt that happens. If Booneville did beat everybody in conference I would personally hope they win state. It just makes this area look better for football. I think this little area between Charleston, Booneviile and Greenwood has the best football in the state. I don't know why we're even talking about next year. Congratulations to Booneville on a big win win over ozark. Any day ozark is beaten is a good day.

Best post I have read in a while based solely on your last sentence;) And, for the record, I completely agree that Bearcat, Tiger, and Bulldog football is by far some of the best in the state.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas