• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 4A Boys Championship: Dardanelle 5 Mena 0 !Discuss!

Started by sevenof400, May 08, 2016, 12:32:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chaoslord

Corner after an injury stoppage, header over. 1-1, 10 to play.

Fred Bird, you've got about the jist of it

chaoslord

Keeper comes up to claim a cross and a defender bumps into him, causing him to drop the ball. Dardanelle player is on the scene to drop it in.

Dardanelle 2, Warren 1, 8 to play

AirWarren

chaoslord

Dardanelle 2, Warren 1. Final.

CAC had a player sent off and Green Forest down 2 players

AirWarren

Congrats on the season jacks. And best of luck to Dardanelle!

VHSCoach2

LJ06

SandRattler

Proud of our Sand Lizards!!!!! Way to win!! Great players and great coaches! Now move on to the next win!

WPWells

Congrats to Dardanelle! I think that was probably the state championship

SandRattler

Quote from: chaoslord on May 13, 2016, 12:33:30 pm
I think so. Opposite corner of the field but I could hear "That's two you've missed, do your job." Good early caution for it. Game is gonna be physical enough, the coaches loudly dissenting as such will only raise the temperature.

Warren 1-0, 4 minutes til half
I would hate for a coach to be passionate about his sport and team! A quality team like Dardanelle comes from the passion of the players and the coaches!

Jack1990

Great game. It's a shame it had to happen in the second round. These teams should have met in Fayetteville. Dardanelle controlled the ball the entire game. Congratulations Dardanelle.

Still super proud of our Jacks!

Romeo

chaoslord

Quote from: SandRattler on May 13, 2016, 01:58:06 pm
I would hate for a coach to be passionate about his sport and team! A quality team like Dardanelle comes from the passion of the players and the coaches!

You can be passionate without dissenting  :)

Jack1990

Sitting over here watching the girls game and look back. I notice our two teams (Warren and Dardanelle) in a big huddle talking and having a good time. Great display of sportsmanship shown by both teams. Seems like they both respect each other greatly.

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on May 13, 2016, 02:49:39 pm
Sitting over here watching the girls game and look back. I notice our two teams (Warren and Dardanelle) in a big huddle talking and having a good time. Great display of sportsmanship shown by both teams. Seems like they both respect each other greatly.

That's one thing about soccer that our "home sports" could take a huge lesson from. Sportsmanship and respect for your opponent. If you watch any EPL game on tv, you will see tempers flare but a lot of sportsmanship and respect for one another as an athlete.

A lot of MLB, NFL, NCAA, and NBA players could learn from them.

SportsDad

Quote from: Jack1990 on May 13, 2016, 02:49:39 pm
I saw that too...
by the time we got out on the field to check on the injured JACKS player, several Dardanelle players were attempting to stretch him out to relieve the cramps.

Anyone that witnessed that game witnessed an all out game played by both teams. The better team won today...but if you play that game 10 times, each team would win five. Dardanelle was just better today, and it showed as they controlled the majority of the game.

It is sad that the game was today and not next Friday, but it is what it is. The JACKS will be back strong again next year (as will Dardanelle) as the JACKS only lose three senior starters.

GREAT SEASON, GO JACKS!!!

Oh... the officiating was the BEST we have witnessed all season long! They had control of the game and kept up with the speed on the field... yes, there were a few missed calls on both ends, but nothing that influenced the outcome of the game.

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

chaoslord

2nd half
Dardanelle 2
CAC 0

Haven't found anything on the other game

chaoslord

Final
Dardanelle 3
CAC 0

I saw elsewhere that cossatot mena was level at 1-1 but I don't know if that is still the case or what is going on there

VHSCoach2

sevenof400

I really haven't seen much of the 4A this year, but I am saddened that Cossatot River did not make the finals as I like saying Cossatot River for some strange reason.....

WPWells

SportsDad

Quote from: Fred Bird on May 15, 2016, 08:27:45 am
I'll take Dardanelle by 3+
At least by 3... if not mercy rule.
Without a doubt, Dardanelle and Warren were the best two teams by far this year in 4A...
Mena's only chance is to stack the box and play for a shootout...

MadDogg

Quote from: SportsDad on May 15, 2016, 10:30:29 am
At least by 3... if not mercy rule.
Without a doubt, Dardanelle and Warren were the best two teams by far this year in 4A...
Mena's only chance is to stack the box and play for a shootout...
Mena's only loss was in a shootout. After watching them play,  you'd be surprised at what they can do.

The Coach

Quote from: MadDogg on May 17, 2016, 05:33:40 am
Mena's only loss was in a shootout. After watching them play,  you'd be surprised at what they can do.

Mena lost to Dequeen 8-0, and Van Buren 4-0 and Gurdon in a shootout. Dardanelle only has 1 loss on the season thus far.

Jack1990

Quote from: The Coach on May 17, 2016, 06:35:11 am
Mena lost to Dequeen 8-0, and Van Buren 4-0 and Gurdon in a shootout. Dardanelle only has 1 loss on the season thus far.
Thanks for that coach...I was thinking to myself how can they be 16-3 with only 1 loss.  Figured someone's data was askew!

SportsDad

Quote from: MadDogg on May 17, 2016, 05:33:40 am
I watched Mena twice at the state tourney...not impressed.
They are a good team, but not on the same level as Dardanelle and Warren...

faith

I have watched Mena play, they are not on the same level as Dardanelle.  I think Dardanelle wins by at least 4, no matter how Mena plays!  Congrats to Dardanelle's coaches and players.  Great group of kids and coaches!

VHSCoach2

May 21, 2016, 04:01:43 pm #79 Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 05:36:31 pm by VHSCoach2
Dardanelle 5 (35' PK, 49', 60', 69', 78'), Mena 0 - final

PK was the result of a trip in the box.

big slop

Great job dardanelle boys! You accomplished the goal! Also a big shout out to the mena fan on the front rail during trophy presentation yelling where are their green cards..... Stay classy my friend.....

chaoslord

Probably the same guy yelling "The better team won but you referees don't deserve a state final." Haha.

Fun game. Those kids made me run my little tail off.

KCShinn21

Quote from: big slop on May 21, 2016, 06:46:17 pm
Great job dardanelle boys! You accomplished the goal! Also a big shout out to the mena fan on the front rail during trophy presentation yelling where are their green cards..... Stay classy my friend.....

You have got to be kidding? Please tell me it was a kid who has the chance to grow up and not an adult.

big slop

Oh no....full on adult. Dardanelle kids laughed him off because we won and we are classy.

SportsDad

Great win for Dardanelle...
As a Warren fan, I said all year that the two best teams in 4A were Warren and Dardanelle, and they both proved it.

I watched the game and could tell in the first five minutes that Mena just couldn't keep up. Again, Mena has a good team for Class 4A....but both Dardanelle and Warren proved all season long that they could compete and win in any classification.

Looking forward to another great year next year!

Romeo

The quarterfinal game between Dardanelle and Warren was the real state title game. Just like it was in 2014 when they played in the semi-finals.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas