• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 5A Soccer

Started by ArkHog#7, February 25, 2016, 09:30:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mijally

Quote from: Outlaw on April 25, 2016, 09:21:48 pm
They actually play again on monday
Did they reschedule for the rain?

GobSoccerFan12

mijally

If you look at the scores of the top 4 teams in the South there seems to be a huge home field advantage unlike any other conference. 3-4 goals easy.

Jdhelbig

DeQueen VB - 3
Hot Springs VB - 1

Will watch game later on my computer to see how the game was.

GobSoccerFan12

VB Maxpreps Top 10 Rankings on 4/26/16:
1 Valley View (Jonesboro) 15-1-2
2 Maumelle 9-1-2
3 De Queen 12-4
4 Hot Springs 11-4
5 Hope 7-5
6 Clarksville 10-4 
7 Lakeside (Hot Springs) 9-8 
8 Jacksonville 9-1-1
9 Little Rock Christian Academy (Little Rock) 7-8
10 Pulaski Academy (Little Rock) 6-2

Jdhelbig

Are Valley View and Maumelle really that good? I thought the 5A South Boys conference was definitely the hardest conference? Can anyone add any details to these two teams please? Elaborate..

GobSoccerFan12

I haven't heard much of anything on VV this year. Would love some insight also.

mijally

April 26, 2016, 11:22:18 am #57 Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 12:10:34 pm by mijally
If you look at Valley Views schedule their only loss is to Bryant. They have beaten Mountain Home, Searcy, Jonesboro, Harrison and LRCA. They tied Dardanelle who has beaten Hot Springs. They are as good as anyone in 5A. I think they are the team to beat.

razorback

April 26, 2016, 11:38:19 am #58 Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:45:13 am by razorback
Quote from: mijally on April 26, 2016, 11:22:18 am
If you look at Valley Views schedule their only loss is to Bryant. They have beaten Mountain Home, Searcy, Jonesboro, Harrison and LRCA. They tied Dardanelle who has beaten Hot Springs and Warren. They are as good as anyone in 5A. I think they are the team to beat.

Correction:  Dardanelle did not beat Warren...Warren won 4 to 2.

mijally

GobSoccerFan12

The only thing that worries me with them is the strength of the East. Not sure how much competition they are getting from the other teams in their conference. Not really sure though, not much info on the East as a whole this year.

MDXPHD

Quote from: GobSoccerFan12 on April 26, 2016, 12:22:18 pm
The only thing that worries me with them is the strength of the East. Not sure how much competition they are getting from the other teams in their conference. Not really sure though, not much info on the East as a whole this year.

East is very down but VV does a good job mixing up their non conference in preparation for it. Also, the East being down may not impact them too much considering everyone thinks the West is down as well. I think the South is battling each other and have 2/3 teams pushing to the semifinals.

GobSoccerFan12

April 27, 2016, 09:00:22 am #62 Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 10:10:39 am by GobSoccerFan12
VB scores in the 5A from 4/26/16:

Catholic 3 - Maumelle 0
Vilonia 4 - Harrison 0
Bryant 4 - PA 1
LRCA 7 - Morrilton 0
Clarksville 3 - Greenbrier 0
Valley View 3 - Nettleton 2

Added:
Lakeside 3-White Hall 2
Batesville 4-Wynne 0

Anyone have scores for GCT-Paragould?

I believe that was all the 5A boys action from last night.

Just1Coach

April 27, 2016, 10:03:31 am #63 Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:09:35 am by Just1Coach
Girls:  Lakeside 0 (5) - 0 (4) White Hall

Boys:  Lakeside 3 - 2 White Hall

edit to correct girls KFTM score.

Rocket23

Harrison @ LRCA games moved to Thursday because of impending storms.

GobSoccerFan12

4/28/16 5A VB Games:
Beebe @ Fair
McClellan @ Sylvan Hills
Russellville @ Hot Springs
Mills University Studies @ Pulaski Academy
Greene County Tech @ Nettleton
Harrison @ Little Rock Christian

GobSoccerFan12

Any info on the Maumelle-Catholic game? Kind of surprising to see Maumelle have back to back losses after being undefeated so far this season.

GobSoccerFan12

4/28/16 5A VB Scores:
Beebe 5 @ Fair 1
McClellan 2 @ Sylvan Hills 3
Russellville 5 @ Hot Springs 0
Mills University Studies 0 @ Pulaski Academy 3 - Forfiet
Greene County Tech 2 @ Nettleton 3
Harrison 0 @ Little Rock Christian 2

Jdhelbig

What your predictions for thep playoffs now?

Go Postal

Quote from: Jdhelbig on April 29, 2016, 01:01:44 pm
What your predictions for thep playoffs now?
This is the 1st time in 15 years that Harrison will only have one team in the playoffs, so anything can happen. :o

GobSoccerFan12

May 02, 2016, 09:26:52 am #70 Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:30:59 am by GobSoccerFan12
In the 5A West, who plays tonight? Is it Maumelle-Morrilton or Vilonia-Morrilton?
Hope-Hot Springs looks to be the intriguing match up in the 5A South tonight.
Also, big match up in the 5A Central tonight as Jacksonville and PA play!

mijally

I heard Maumelle plays Morrilton on Wednesday.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: GobSoccerFan12 on May 02, 2016, 09:26:52 am
In the 5A West, who plays tonight? Is it Maumelle-Morrilton or Vilonia-Morrilton?
Hope-Hot Springs looks to be the intriguing match up in the 5A South tonight.
Also, big match up in the 5A Central tonight as Jacksonville and PA play!

That one.

Vilonia travels to Clarksville on Wednesday.

Jdhelbig

When is the DeQueen @ Hope that was scheduled for 4/29 supposed to be played?

JMBknvc

Quote from: mijally on May 02, 2016, 09:48:12 am
I heard Maumelle plays Morrilton on Wednesday.

You heard correct, due to the weather last Friday.

mijally

Quote from: JMBknvc on May 02, 2016, 04:30:28 pm
You heard correct, due to the weather last Friday.
If we take care of business at home against Clarksville Tuesday then Wednesday and Thursday's games won't matter.  A big game for both teams.

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

Quote from: Jdhelbig on May 02, 2016, 02:36:14 pm
When is the DeQueen @ Hope that was scheduled for 4/29 supposed to be played?

MaxPreps shows it was played, DQ winning 6-1

GobSoccerFan12

Maxpreps Top 10 Rankings as of 5/3/16:
1   De Queen 13-4   
2   Valley View (Jonesboro) 17-1-2   
3   Hot Springs   12-5   
4   Maumelle 9-2-2   
5   Clarksville 11-4   
6   Lakeside (Hot Springs) 10-8   
7   Hope 7-7   
8   Little Rock Christian Academy (Little Rock) 9-7
9   Jacksonville 9-1-1 (Does not include last night loss to PA)
10   Nettleton (Jonesboro) 9-4

I believe someone entered a PA-Mills score of 14-3 to Mills over the weekend, this is surely an obvious troll? They would be in the top 10 if that score is false and the win last night over Jacksonville had been entered on the website.

FWIW, these rankings aren't a direct reflection of the top 10 teams in the state, but they give a guideline to who is doing well around the state in the 5A.

GobSoccerFan12

5A West:
1. Maumelle
2. Clarksville
3. LRCA
4. Vilonia or Greenbrier (Play each other Friday)
5A East:
1. Valley View
2. Nettleton
3-4. Paragould, GCT, and Batesville (Batesville is in as 3rd or 4th)
5A Central:
1. PA
2. Jacksonville
3-4. McClellan, Beebe, or Sylvan Hills
5A South:
1. DeQueen
2. Hot Springs
3. HS Lakeside
4. Hope

Should be the most equal playoffs, as far as talent level among the top teams, in a while. It'll come down to who shows up on the day, as to who advances, once we get to the 2nd round. Next week will be exciting!

GobSoccerFan12

What are everyone's thoughts on the 5A state tournament, boys and girls, as it gets started this week? Maybe someone would like to give info on #1 and #2 seeds from each conference or the teams you've seen play this year?

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

Field locations have been posted in Seven's 5A Boys/Girls Playoff Bracket/Results pinned posts.

mijally

Why does Hot Springs and HS Lakeside get home field advantage?  They should be playing their matches on different fields. This is not equal advantage. What the heck is going on?

ARSoccer25

Quote from: mijally on May 09, 2016, 01:52:42 pm
Why does Hot Springs and HS Lakeside get home field advantage?  They should be playing their matches on different fields. This is not equal advantage. What the heck is going on?

This happens every year for the team or teams that host? I do not see an issue with it.

At least this year all the games will be on turf. Last year was awful at Hope.

VHSCoach2

They made the highest bid to host the tournament, so why wouldn't they get to play on their home field? 

mijally

Because it could be seen as a competitive advantage. Why would a 3 seed have a competitive advantage over a 2 seed in a state playoff. But you answered it already. "Highest Bid". They bought home field advantage from AAA.

MDXPHD

Happens every year. If you host, you would put your team on the field that would give them the biggest advantage. I don't blame them a bit. I remember a few years ago people complained because Harrison had their part on the turf and others wanted the turf instead of the grass. It's the perk of hosting a tournament, because there aren't many other perks about it.

VHSCoach2

Other than being the playoffs and making a bid to host, it's no different than a school hosting a tournament during the season.  Should that team have to play on an alternate field even though they are hosting a during-season tournament?

mijally

Doesn't seem right. Maybe a bunch of parents could get together and pitch in $10 a piece to give to the AAA and buy a 12th man on the field. A second goalie.  :)

Arbitro

The situation in Harrison was worse than this year, because the difference in play between wet natural grass fields and Harrison's home turf field was more pronounced.  I would guess that the benefit of Hot Springs and Lakeside playing on their home fields will be minimal.  And it doesn't appear to concern AAA much at all.

mijally

Since were buying advantages the AAA can run a special. Call it "Grands for Hands". For $2000 a team can use their hands.

Sir Alex

Quote from: Arbitro on May 09, 2016, 05:55:10 pm
The situation in Harrison was worse than this year, because the difference in play between wet natural grass fields and Harrison's home turf field was more pronounced.  I would guess that the benefit of Hot Springs and Lakeside playing on their home fields will be minimal.  And it doesn't appear to concern AAA much at all.

I think if you look back you would see quite often that Harrison has played on the grass fields as well as the turf.  When a school hosts a state tournament it can not be considered neutral.  If you want to talk about the all time worse situation you need not go back any further than last years' 5A state tournament.

Sir Alex

Quote from: mijally on May 09, 2016, 06:18:51 pm
Since were buying advantages the AAA can run a special. Call it "Grands for Hands". For $2000 a team can use their hands.
Maumelle could have bid on it and played at Burns Park.  Not sure what the complaints are, all four fields in Hot Springs are turf.   

MDXPHD

Quote from: mijally on May 09, 2016, 06:18:51 pm

Lets not start bidding on things. PA and LRCA would win big!

(Right MB and hogbert? MB, I'm sure you understand a joke when you see one. Hogbert, I will go ahead and apologize for offending you by mentioning private schools. Sorry man)

mijally

Quote from: Sir Alex on May 09, 2016, 06:23:50 pm
Maumelle could have bid on it and played at Burns Park.  Not sure what the complaints are, all four fields in Hot Springs are turf.
Why would we bid and have it at Burns. That's no advantage. We'd do it at the Maumelle Park where all our players grew up playing. We'd have our girls and boys play on the same field on consecutive games so they don't have to move their lawn chairs.  We'd give you the uphill side for both halves.

chaoslord

Quote from: mijally on May 09, 2016, 08:08:32 pm
Why would we bid and have it at Burns. That's no advantage. We'd do it at the Maumelle Park where all our players grew up playing. We'd have our girls and boys play on the same field on consecutive games so they don't have to move their lawn chairs.  We'd give you the uphill side for both halves.

Complex just isn't big enough, I'd imagine.

JMBknvc

Quote from: Sir Alex on May 09, 2016, 06:23:50 pm

Yes, they could have placed a bid. If they did, would have Maumelle play at home on the turf both boys & girls. Then let all the others play at Burns Park. Maybe next time when the tournament is played in central part of the state the four fields used will be from the high schools that made the tournament. Seriously, understand why we are playing at the high schools. Do not believe Hot Springs has a complex like Burns Park to host all the teams at one location and allow them all to play at one time. Personally, just glad we are not playing on the field between the railroad tracks and the shoe factory on HWY 270.   

Best of luck to all the teams and hope everyone has safe travel to and from the tournament.

ARSoccer25

Dang, bunch of whining in this thread.

FutbolPhan

Simple fix, do like 7A tournament. One field for boys, one for girls. Top 12 teams in each, 1 seeds get byes to second round, 2's and 3's play in 1st round. Total of four rounds to determine each winner...

mijally

Quote from: ARSoccer25 on May 09, 2016, 09:59:20 pm
Dang, bunch of whining in this thread.
Opinions are whining?  How about doing it like football and the higher seed hosts?  Why do we need one or two high schools to try and stack the deck in their favor? 

MB Hog

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 09, 2016, 07:10:55 pm
Lets not start bidding on things. PA and LRCA would win big!

(Right MB and hogbert? MB, I'm sure you understand a joke when you see one. Hogbert, I will go ahead and apologize for offending you by mentioning private schools. Sorry man)
:)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas