• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Final 4

Started by AirWarren, November 26, 2016, 12:11:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Congrats to all teams.

It's time for these kids to buckle those chin straps a little tighter.

Lumberjackfan1978

Yep I expect PG to be very good next week.i think their running game will be hard to deal with

Oldbadger

I would have never thunk it!  No 7-4A team in the finals!  And three 1-4A teams.  Way to go 1-4A!  I have always known some very good football was played up there!

prHOG13

glad our boys are back for the 2nd consecutive year. The Pea Ridge/Shiloh rivalry is going to be as intense as its ever been, with the winner going to War Memorial. These (for the most part) same group of kids have been battling each other since PeeWee.

The PG/Warren matchup will be an epic battle of two extremely physical teams. Disney against Burks is going to be an incredible matchup. Disney plays the ball better than almost any CB I've seen in the 4A in years, and Burks is an SEC talent and as good of a playmaker as there is in the state. I honestly don't know who to take in that one

SCRAPYARD

Congrats to the final four! All deserving.

FBfan79

The 1-4A definitely opened some eyes this year.  Some very good teams.

SCRAPYARD

Has PR or PG ever won state?

THE D.O.C

WOW 4A football will be played in NWA exclusively next week.

LJ06

Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 26, 2016, 08:20:38 am
WOW 4A football will be played in NWA exclusively next week.

Warren vs the 1-4A

AirWarren

STUNNA

LJ06

Quote from: STUNNA on November 26, 2016, 09:12:43 am
I like our chances

Gosnell had over 400 yards of offense against PG. I like our chances too

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on November 26, 2016, 09:24:59 am

Warren barely mustered 150 on Robinson.

Jack1990

Waiting to get a look at the stats from the game.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 26, 2016, 09:28:39 am
Warren barely mustered 150 on Robinson.

Warren had 110 off of two TD passes alone lol.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on November 26, 2016, 09:36:58 am

Shhhhhh haha

beach bum

A lot of that was because Prairie Grove put in its 2nd team defense with 19 minutes left in the game when it was 48-12.... But the most alarming thing is the WR for Gosnell got going all night. I assume Warren has tall WR's so yes that could cause an issue.

Jack1990

Quote from: LJ06 on November 26, 2016, 09:36:58 am
You know it's tough for AW to gauge yardage watching from his recliner! Lol

beach bum

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 26, 2016, 10:01:24 am

I did that with a giant plate off Thanksgiving leftovers last night... Multi tasked the best I could.

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 26, 2016, 10:01:24 am

Haha.

With cold beer!

LJ06

Quote from: beach bum on November 26, 2016, 09:59:06 am
A lot of that was because Prairie Grove put in its 2nd team defense with 19 minutes left in the game when it was 48-12.... But the most alarming thing is the WR for Gosnell got going all night. I assume Warren has tall WR's so yes that could cause an issue.

Ah makes sense. I was a little worried there for PG because Gosnell isn't that great. Good, but not great.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 26, 2016, 10:04:30 am
Haha.

With cold beer!

I need a toddy my voice is shot officially this morning haha

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on November 26, 2016, 10:06:38 am

I need to listen to the broadcast. I had to have it on mute last night.

beach bum

Quote from: LJ06 on November 26, 2016, 10:05:57 am
Ah makes sense. I was a little worried there for PG because Gosnell isn't that great. Good, but not great.

If your line protects the QB you will score plenty though. At that point PG will have to match it or it could get into Warren's favor on Friday. PG likes to blitz spread teams so we will see...

Superjack45

Quote from: LJ06 on November 26, 2016, 10:06:38 am
yours too huh?

LJ06

Quote from: beach bum on November 26, 2016, 10:08:15 am
If your line protects the QB you will score plenty though. At that point PG will have to match it or it could get into Warren's favor on Friday. PG likes to blitz spread teams so we will see...

Everybody has been doing that to us. Robinson did it plenty last night.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 26, 2016, 10:07:43 am
I need to listen to the broadcast. I had to have it on mute last night.

I'm disappointed man cmon

Romeo

Warren stinks bad. Not only will we be lucky to field a team on Friday, we probably won't make it to Prairie Grove. This is the team bus.

Jack1990

Glad to see we've finally upgraded from the old run down bus we had been using.

polksalet

Quote from: LJ06 on November 26, 2016, 08:42:41 am
Warren vs the 1-4A

Basically the hulk vs the three stooges.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on November 26, 2016, 10:16:06 am
I'm disappointed man cmon

We had a family deal. Took what I could get ha.

STUNNA

livingwithcause

Gosnell had 398 yards. And of that came against the 2nd/3rd string Defense in the last quarter and a half.

LJ06

Quote from: livingwithcause on November 26, 2016, 12:00:36 pm
Gosnell had 398 yards. And of that came against the 2nd/3rd string Defense in the last quarter and a half.

Doesn't matter. Gosnell was the weakest team left. Prairie Grove hasn't played any competition in the playoffs. Will be interesting Friday night.

JoshuaRug13

Congrats to all the teams...of all 4 between

Prairie Grove

Warren

Pea Ridge

Shiloh Christian

It seems that Pea Ridge has had the most improbable run of the 4.  With a major upset of Nashville, a comeback against Arky and a nice game against Hamburg, PR has had a wild run to the Semis.  Should be another great game between two bitter rivals in Shiloh and Pea Ridge...

AirWarren

Quote from: livingwithcause on November 26, 2016, 12:00:36 pm

Yeah, this is a gimme game for the 1-4a.

prHOG13

wonder if this is the first time 3 teams from the same conference have made it to the semifinals? Couldn't find any more than two from the same conference.

SCRAPYARD

prHOG13

Quote from: SCRAPYARD on November 26, 2016, 01:06:31 pm
Well?
PR hasn't. I think PG has went to a final or two, but has never won one. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on November 26, 2016, 10:50:50 am
Warren stinks bad. Not only will we be lucky to field a team on Friday, we probably won't make it to Prairie Grove. This is the team bus.

I donated that to them.

Lions84

Hoghead2

I'm going with the Original Orange & Black Axe Air Lumberjacks !!!!

beach bum

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 26, 2016, 01:18:51 pm
PR hasn't. I think PG has went to a final or two, but has never won one. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

That is correct. Prairie Grove was the perennial doormat until Abshier showed up in the mid 90's. They have made I think 5 semi finals now under him? It might be 6 and just one state runner up. The semifinals have not by friendly to PG.

prHOG13

Quote from: beach bum on November 27, 2016, 12:44:32 pm
That is correct. Prairie Grove was the perennial doormat until Abshier showed up in the mid 90's. They have made I think 5 semi finals now under him? It might be 6 and just one state runner up. The semifinals have not by friendly to PG.
yeah thats what I was thinking. Pea Ridge had a few decent teams in the 80's that made some noise in the playoffs, but other than that was also a doormat program for the most part as well until 2012. Since then they've won 10+ games in 3 of 4 seasons, and will be a top 2 team in the conference for another 3-4 years with the talent coming up. PG has averaged almost 11 wins per season during that same span. Hope this is the year one of us finally breaks through and brings a title to NWA

GHS_08

If Gosnell didn't shoot themselves in the foot in the last 5 minutes of the first half it might have been a better game. We couldn't stop PG but we were moving the ball on them. We scored with 5:13 left in the first half to make it 20-12. Coach tried an onside kick and we got a personal foul for hitting the guy too high. They got the ball at our 39 yard line and got a quick score. We get the ball back and go for it on 4th down from our own 49 and didn't get it. They get the ball again with 2+ minutes and punch it in again. Went from a 1 TD deficit to 3 TDs because of those plays. Killed our momentum.

Jacketman65

PG is no longer a doormat!  The program has been getting better every year.  Is this year their year, I don't know, but it could be!  Don't cut them short!

Lumberjackfan1978

PG is definitely a good team

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 27, 2016, 01:17:15 pm
yeah thats what I was thinking. Pea Ridge had a few decent teams in the 80's that made some noise in the playoffs, but other than that was also a doormat program for the most part as well until 2012. Since then they've won 10+ games in 3 of 4 seasons, and will be a top 2 team in the conference for another 3-4 years with the talent coming up. PG has averaged almost 11 wins per season during that same span. Hope this is the year one of us finally breaks through and brings a title to NWA

I played against Pea Ridge in the  mid to late 90's and they were always tough....  The doormat was Decatur and then probably Cedarville... Pea Ridge was always pretty tough but today's Pea Ridge is not comparable in any way to back then...

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 26, 2016, 12:08:57 pm
Congrats to all the teams...of all 4 between

Prairie Grove

Warren

Pea Ridge

Shiloh Christian

It seems that Pea Ridge has had the most improbable run of the 4.  With a major upset of Nashville, a comeback against Arky and a nice game against Hamburg, PR has had a wild run to the Semis.  Should be another great game between two bitter rivals in Shiloh and Pea Ridge...

With the way PR dominated Nashville the entire game, was it really an upset?  It seems like PR was simply a better football team.  I have them picked to win it all.  They seem to be on a roll right now.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 28, 2016, 11:12:22 am
With the way PR dominated Nashville the entire game, was it really an upset?  It seems like PR was simply a better football team.  I have them picked to win it all.  They seem to be on a roll right now.

Yes, it was an upset.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas