• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS: Shiloh @ Dardanelle

Started by Titletown, November 19, 2016, 10:13:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: Youknowwhothisis on November 21, 2016, 12:52:24 pm
+1

Okay let's look at it this way...

Nashville played with all of their players...including that stud RB, their starting QB and all of their playmakers.  Pea Ridge still beat them.  Again, I have watched plenty of Shiloh games (replays or recaps) and know that they are a good team.  However, given the level of competition, it makes me wonder a little bit.

And again, I will say the same thing for the Blackhawks.  The only two legit teams we played were Shiloh...where you guys were hurt, and PG, where we got killed.  During the postseason, however, PR has proved that they can beat quality teams in Nashville and Arky. 

Good luck against the Sand Lizards!

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 21, 2016, 12:45:32 pm
I realize that.  However, they did play that game.  Besides Pea Ridge and PG, Shiloh hasn't played anyone to difficult IMO.  Yes, I will say the same for PR lol...we haven't played really anyone besides Shiloh and PG...but then we beat Nashville and my viewpoint on the team is totally different than before that game.

Little Rock Christian was a pretty good team.  Shiloh played them Similar to Warren... Outside of that just Pea Ridge and PG...  So far in the  playoffs it has been 2 games and 2 mercy rules, one of those to a conference champion...

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 21, 2016, 12:59:07 pm
Little Rock Christian was a pretty good team.  Shiloh played them Similar to Warren... Outside of that just Pea Ridge and PG...  So far in the  playoffs it has been 2 games and 2 mercy rules, one of those to a conference champion...

Meh do you really think Heber is a good team?  They were 6-4 and got a bye...

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 21, 2016, 12:58:03 pm

Nashville played with all of their players...including that stud RB, their starting QB and all of their playmakers.  Pea Ridge still beat them.  Again, I have watched plenty of Shiloh games (replays or recaps) and know that they are a good team.  However, given the level of competition, it makes me wonder a little bit.

And again, I will say the same thing for the Blackhawks.  The only two legit teams we played were Shiloh...where you guys were hurt, and PG, where we got killed.  During the postseason, however, PR has proved that they can beat quality teams in Nashville and Arky. 

Nashville had their best WR out but I don't think it would matter, not the way their QB played.  Shiloh doesn't have the numbers to have key players out.  We have no depth and all key players play both ways (except the QB). When we came to the ridge half the kids you saw were Junior high and they are probably the same size as our senior high.  I feel much better about Shiloh beating Dardanelle than I do Pea Ridge.  I don't think Nashville was the best team in the state, to me it is clearly PG...  I feel Pea Ridge has a very good chance of making it to the rock...  I would give Shiloh a 40% chance of beating Pea Ridge and maybe a 5% chance of beating PG.... 

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 21, 2016, 01:01:12 pm
Meh do you really think Heber is a good team?  They were 6-4 and got a bye...

No, that was my point in saying both playoff teams ended in a mercy rule... The only good competition we play has been LRC, Pea Ridge and PG...

Gray lizard

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 21, 2016, 01:06:47 pm
No, that was my point in saying both playoff teams ended in a mercy rule... The only good competition we play has been LRC, Pea Ridge and PG...

There will be plenty of competition from here on out for all teams.  The rest of the games should be pretty close.  I only see one game that might be a blow out.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 21, 2016, 01:27:46 pm
There will be plenty of competition from here on out for all teams.  The rest of the games should be pretty close.  I only see one game that might be a blow out.

I agree, I see 2 games left that might have a pretty big score gap and it is not this one...

prHOG13

Rooting for Shiloh in this one. Stay healthy and I think they should win this one.

Lizard 47

Lizards gonna bring the wood. Can't wait for this one, I don't even care about Thanksgiving. O-line ready to blast holes!

PiratePride03

Shiloh ain't ready for Dardanelle's size and physicality.   Dardanelle by at least 2 scores.

Ole Legend

Quote from: PiratePride03 on November 21, 2016, 03:00:58 pm
Shiloh ain't ready for Dardanelle's size and physicality.   Dardanelle by at least 2 scores.

Shiloh has played against Pea Ridge and Prarie Grove. I think they know what physicality is. They've seen it more than once.

Youknowwhothisis

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 21, 2016, 12:58:03 pm

Shilohs Defense is just a "little" better than Nashville's i see Shiloh win by 14, then a good one in pea Ridge, But the Hawks will win by 10

PiratePride03

Yep, and Shiloh got monkey stomped by PG, and lost by 3 scores to PR, so what's your point?   They obviously weren't ready for their physicality, and they won't be ready for Dardanelle either.  Like I said,  Lizards by at least 2 scores.

SouthsideSouthernerDad

Shiloh by 10, Heber is not great but to mercy rule them at heber  is an accomplishment!

beach bum

Quote from: PiratePride03 on November 21, 2016, 06:41:22 pm
Yep, and Shiloh got monkey stomped by PG, and lost by 3 scores to PR, so what's your point?   They obviously weren't ready for their physicality, and they won't be ready for Dardanelle either.  Like I said,  Lizards by at least 2 scores.

PG would beat Dardanelle by just as much or more than they did Shiloh....

PiratePride03

Well we only have to wait a week to test that theory. 

PiratePride03

And I agree,  Pea Ridge probably will beat Dardanelle, but I believe home field advantage will keep it closer than that.

The Coach

Sounds like Dardanelle shouldn't even show up. No way they could be as physical as pg or pr and they can't possibly play with Shiloh.

beach bum

Quote from: The Coach on November 21, 2016, 07:42:02 pm
Sounds like Dardanelle shouldn't even show up. No way they could be as physical as pg or pr and they can't possibly play with Shiloh.

I'll break down the parts you got right and didn't get right......

-Dardanelle should show up as they could win this game as Shiloh is not Pea Ridge or Prairie Grove
-They can play with Shiloh, it will be a good game
-They are not as physical as Prairie Grove or Pea Ridge as Prairie Grove would mercy rule Dardanelle and Pea Ridge would probably win by 2 or 3 scores

Lizard 47

Piratepride did you come to our game last week? We would appreciate all the 4-4A support we can get at the quarters this week. Tell all your friends. I appreciate you pulling for us on here but relax, chill, it will all be ok. You know we're gonna leave it all on the field and if and when we go down we will be fighting with pride! I don't however believe that will be this week, wink wink.

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: PiratePride03 on November 21, 2016, 06:53:03 pm
And I agree,  Pea Ridge probably will beat Dardanelle, but I believe home field advantage will keep it closer than that.
Wow....jump right on past this week....better get your stuff together....this week will be a fight.

Lizard 47

Look at his name, he's from Dover he can jump ahead if he wants. Our boys aren't looking past the game on Friday I assure you. We don't make that mistake.

The Coach

November 21, 2016, 07:59:34 pm #72 Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:09:07 pm by The Coach
Quote from: beach bum on November 21, 2016, 07:45:53 pm
I'll break down the parts you got right and didn't get right......

-Dardanelle should show up as they could win this game as Shiloh is not Pea Ridge or Prairie Grove
-They can play with Shiloh, it will be a good game
-They are not as physical as Prairie Grove or Pea Ridge as Prairie Grove would mercy rule Dardanelle and Pea Ridge would probably win by 2 or 3 scores

Physical play won't be an issue for Dardanelle against anyone. Does that mean they'll win this wk no but, they'll be plenty physical no doubt.

Youknowwhothisis

Same thing at The Ridge, last time we did that we had an early exit in 2014

Lizard 47

That's exactly how y'all thumped Nashville. They were looking ahead all the way to the stinking rings. And y'all just took care of business, good job btw. I will tell you the last time they lost I saw a bus full of players hooping and hollering out the windows of a bus in the afternoon on gameday. I told my wife at that moment that I knew we would beat them. Focus is power, preparation is crucial. One play at a time.

Ole Legend

Quote from: PiratePride03 on November 21, 2016, 06:41:22 pm

Pea Ridge and Prarie Grove could win by as much as they want against Dardanelle. I think it'll be a one score game.

The Coach

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 21, 2016, 09:31:46 pm
Pea Ridge and Prarie Grove could win by as much as they want against Dardanelle. I think it'll be a one score game.

I guess it's a good thing Dard plays Shiloh

Ole Legend

Quote from: The Coach on November 21, 2016, 10:17:42 pm
I guess it's a good thing Dard plays Shiloh

They aren't world beaters. They are however the top 2 teams in one of the best conferences in the state, and dardanelle is the top seed out of one of the weaker conferences.

The Coach

November 21, 2016, 10:27:44 pm #78 Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 11:24:16 pm by The Coach
Quote from: Ole Legend on November 21, 2016, 10:20:06 pm
They aren't world beaters. They are however the top 2 teams in one of the best conferences in 4A,, and dardanelle is the top seed out of one of the weaker conferences.

Ok

PiratePride03

No,  I couldn't go to the Dumas game Lizard,  I had to take my little girl to the movies for her birthday,  but I am planning on going to this game.  And I'm not overlooking Shiloh,  they're in the top 8 for a reason,  but I believe Dardanelle looks and plays a lot like the 2 teams that already thumped them,  so my prediction is Dardanelle will host Pea Ridge (this is only a guess because of how they handled Nashville) next week.  Yall seem to think we are one of the weaker conferences,  but Ozark beating Ashdown proved different.  Don't count Dardanelle out because of biased opinion,  look at their body of work. LIZARDS BY 2 SCORES

MouthOfTheSouth215

Quote from: PiratePride03 on November 22, 2016, 06:03:55 am
No,  I couldn't go to the Dumas game Lizard,  I had to take my little girl to the movies for her birthday,  but I am planning on going to this game.  And I'm not overlooking Shiloh,  they're in the top 8 for a reason,  but I believe Dardanelle looks and plays a lot like the 2 teams that already thumped them,  so my prediction is Dardanelle will host Pea Ridge (this is only a guess because of how they handled Nashville) next week.  Yall seem to think we are one of the weaker conferences,  but Ozark beating Ashdown proved different.  Don't count Dardanelle out because of biased opinion,  look at their body of work. LIZARDS BY 2 SCORES
The 4-4A is quite possibly the worst conference in 4A football. Ozark beating Ashdown didn't really prove anything but bad coaching. Ashdown isn't a very good team once it comes playoff time. The last time Ashdown played thanksgiving week was 2010 and the last time before that was 2006 I do believe which they made the semis. The only thing that keeps the 4-4A in the conversation is Dardy. Should be a good game and good luck to both teams.

OLDSCHOOL82

The Coach

Quote from: Youknowwhothisis on November 21, 2016, 12:30:36 pm
Shiloh also played without their QB and Best back against Pea Ridge

#12 played pretty much the entire game minus about 5-6 plays.  #3 got hurt late in the 2nd qtr. So they def played vs PR

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: The Coach on November 23, 2016, 02:38:18 am
#12 played pretty much the entire game minus about 5-6 plays.  #3 got hurt late in the 2nd qtr. So they def played vs PR

#12 playing (when he did) probably hurt us more than it helped, outside of the first quarter.  Several plays he could barely move... If we are going to compete with any of the  top tier teams those 2 have to play and have a solid 4 quarters... Also #12 plays both sides of the ball....

Ole Legend

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 23, 2016, 07:30:27 am
#12 playing (when he did) probably hurt us more than it helped, outside of the first quarter.  Several plays he could barely move... If we are going to compete with any of the  top tier teams those 2 have to play and have a solid 4 quarters... Also #12 plays both sides of the ball....

#6, #22, #23 all play both ways for PR. Don't use that as an excuse for why he didn't play well.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 23, 2016, 09:26:47 am
#6, #22, #23 all play both ways for PR. Don't use that as an excuse for why he didn't play well.

He didn't play well because he had severe cramping.  My point was him being our best player and not playing well had an impact on offense and defense...

Gray lizard

Keeping your best players healthy is very important in the playoffs. Even more important is having a plan when they are not.

$aintMaximu$

Ole Legend kids get hurt especially this late in the season, everybody is a little banged up.  But a weakness of Shiloh is their numbers and depth.  I think Pea Ridge is the better team overall but Shiloh can play them closer and I think could win if they are all healthy and have a great game...  Both schools execute very well, are very well coached.  Pea Ridge has more athletes and depth.  The edge certainly goes to the Blackhawks...

Ole Legend

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 23, 2016, 09:49:18 am
Ole Legend kids get hurt especially this late in the season, everybody is a little banged up.  But a weakness of Shiloh is their numbers and depth.  I think Pea Ridge is the better team overall but Shiloh can play them closer and I think could win if they are all healthy and have a great game...  Both schools execute very well, are very well coached.  Pea Ridge has more athletes and depth.  The edge certainly goes to the Blackhawks...

I agree. I think your qb is exceptional. I hope to play y'all next week!

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 23, 2016, 09:51:35 am

He is good but man is he little!!!  He has to be one of the toughest most durable QB's in the 4A given his size...  Very smart kid with a very high football IQ...

And I would love to play you guys next week too!!!  Wouldn't mind getting another grilled cheeseburger :)....

Lizard 47

Ole Legend

Gray lizard

Quote from: Lizard 47 on November 23, 2016, 10:11:38 am
Hmm, interesting.....

They don't think the Sanlizards are going to be around next week or are not looking forward to playing them.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 23, 2016, 09:51:35 am

Reece has thrown for over 2,700 yards this season... Hope he is on Friday night!

Lizard 47

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 23, 2016, 12:05:03 pm
They don't think the Sanlizards are going to be around next week or are not looking forward to playing them.
either way there is a price to be paid to move on to the semis

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Lizard 47 on November 23, 2016, 04:24:35 pm
   either way there is a price to be paid to move on to the semis

I'm not counting any chickens...  And if we lose, I have a tough call on who to watch next week...  PG vs. Warren\Pulaski or Pea Ridge and a delicious grilled cheeseburger....

Lizard 47

Sorry but if we advance semi will be at Keenan field, we usually have grilled burgers but I don't know if they're anywhere near as good as those PR burgers everyone is raving about

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Lizard 47 on November 23, 2016, 04:41:32 pm
Sorry but if we advance semi will be at Keenan field, we usually have grilled burgers but I don't know if they're anywhere near as good as those PR burgers everyone is raving about

That's right, you guys are a one seed.... Guess that makes my decision easy...

Lizard 47

I will admit the other semi is gonna be the showdown before the final showdown for sure. I still haven't posted an opinion on the Warren/Robinson game. It's probably gonna be a real good one.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Lizard 47 on November 23, 2016, 04:53:28 pm
I will admit the other semi is gonna be the showdown before the final showdown for sure. I still haven't posted an opinion on the Warren/Robinson game. It's probably gonna be a real good one.

Yes, no matter what happens two very good games back to back...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas