• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS: Shiloh @ Dardanelle

Started by Titletown, November 19, 2016, 10:13:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Titletown

Good luck to the Saints! I don't know anything about Dardanelle. Anyone have any insight on the Sand Lizards team this year?

Lizard 47

Yep, defense, conditioning, discipline, hard work, and last but not least PHYSICALITY. Go Lizards!

Crispyfried

November 19, 2016, 03:31:44 pm #2 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 03:35:10 pm by lzgull
I can tell you this, Dumas layed the wood to a handful of sand lizards and they never missed a beat. Those kids are tougher than boot leather!

Lizard 47

Dumas did lay the wood better than any opponent so far I believe. But these kids are tough, they tasted defeat early this season and they refuse to quit. Give them a small mistake and they will capitalize on it in short order. Last night was an example of will to win.

beach bum

November 19, 2016, 04:03:46 pm #4 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:07:09 pm by beach bum
One thing that will help Shiloh against Dardy is that in the 4-4A Dardanelle faces all run oriented offenses and has not seen an offense like Shiloh's caliber since the loss they had to Charleston. Of course Dardanelle is much much better than week 1 and I am very impressed with their improvement throughout the year. However, I think the Shiloh passing attack frustrates the Dardanelle defense. I will take Shiloh 42-28 over the Sand Lizards. I know Dardanelle will be more physical and if they are infinitely more physical they will prove my prediction wrong because they just might do that.

Sports Guru

Shiloh Christian by 28

Shiloh Christian 42 Dardanelle 14

Lizard 47

I am not aware of our exact number of interceptions. However I know it has to be a considerable sum, not to mention sacks and TFLs. That along with the O line and mixed ground/air attack lead me to believe it will be much closer or even lop-sided in our favor. I say Lizards by at least two scores at home on real dirt and grass.

Titletown

I'm not sure what to expect. This Shiloh team isn't the same caliber of Shiloh's state championship teams of the past but they've played hard the last couple of weeks. Looking forward to a great game with hopefully no injuries on either side.

Redskin2015

Stealthfan

The "Shiloh teams of old" didn't share a conference with 2 other title contenders.  They very well could be the dark horse this year.

Wonderdog

DHS HC was a 4 year DB in college. I bet his secondary will be well prepared.

Lizard 47

November 19, 2016, 10:54:08 pm #11 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 11:09:51 pm by Lizard 47
He is an excellent defensive coach, the D will be adequately prepared I'm sure. If you throw on us you will be intercepted repeatedly. That has been the trend all year. Teams have had success on us through the air at times but the price has ultimately been high. DBs S and LBs all have interceptions.

HBG PRIDE

November 20, 2016, 07:34:16 am #12 Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 12:30:21 pm by HBG PRIDE
Quote from: Lizard 47 on November 19, 2016, 10:54:08 pm
He is an excellent defensive coach, the D will be adequately prepared I'm sure. If you throw on us you will be intercepted repeatedly. That has been the trend all year. Teams have had success on us through the air at times but the price has ultimately been high. DBs S and LBs all have interceptions.
Every teams L.B's and D.B's have interceptions this late into a season. Dardy  gona hit a wall this week....Saints by 14

Lizard 47

They've been stackin em up since the first game. You wouldn't know cause the only Lizard game you see is once a year when we knock your trash talking program out of the playoffs.

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: Lizard 47 on November 20, 2016, 08:01:47 am
They've been stackin em up since the first game. You wouldn't know cause the only Lizard game you see is once a year when we knock your trash talking program out of the playoffs.
and how many of our games have you seen this year?....Yal lucky to get past a Dumas team that was missing ther best back.

Lizard 47

Yeah I just see the one a year where we knock y'all out.

HBG PRIDE

Lacerta agilis

Gray lizard

Dardanelle has improved all year. I look for them to be ready to play a good game. I know Shiloh will also be ready for this game. A team has proven they are good at this point. I  would love to see Dardanelle continue onto a championship. Home field is big and Dardanelle has one of the best high school atmospheres I have seen. I plan on making to this game.

Can anyone tell who was the head coach last time Shiloh played at Dardanelle?

Best of luck Sandlizards.

big slop

And what back was missing from the Dumas game???

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: big slop on November 20, 2016, 02:52:38 pm
And what back was missing from the Dumas game???
He was leading rusher for them. He went out in 1st. Qt. Of Hamburg 33-6 win against them.

Lizard 47

I think he was back, just cause y'all injure somebody don't mean they're out for the season.

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: Lizard 47 on November 20, 2016, 05:02:54 pm
I think he was back, just cause y'all injure somebody don't mean they're out for the season.
I was told he didn't play by a friend in Dumas.

Lizard 47

And y'all didn't play against him for 3+ quarters either what's your point?

The Coach

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on November 20, 2016, 05:05:07 pm
I was told he didn't play by a friend in Dumas.

#5 and #31 both played.

And they put #4 back there as well. He's a really good player, especially with the ball in his hands.

Lizard 47

Not taking a thing away from Dumas, they were tough and talented. Our boys had to play their butts off and force turnovers to win that game.

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: Lizard 47 on November 20, 2016, 05:08:18 pm
And y'all didn't play against him for 3+ quarters either what's your point?
My point is Yal had trouble with them and we totally dominated them??

Lacerta agilis

Perhaps we should hold off on the Hamburg vs Dardanelle smack. Both have a destiny with a 1-4A opponent this week, and it's looking very much like they're the saltiest conference in 4A this year. Lotta work left to do.

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on November 20, 2016, 07:29:38 pm
Perhaps we should hold off on the Hamburg vs Dardanelle smack. Both have a destiny with a 1-4A opponent this week, and it's looking very much like they're the saltiest conference in 4A this year. Lotta work left to do.
True.....Good luck to Lizards this week.

Lacerta agilis

Good luck to the Lions as well. If we both win, you guys know how to get here.

Birdsby90

Aside from the DB vs WR match ups. Caden brown and the rest of the Dardenelle D line will have the QB constantly moving and looking over his shoulder. It is likely the deep ball will be intercepted on one or more occasion.

$aintMaximu$

I think at this point all of the teams left are dangerous and as the Black Hawks showed us anybody has a chance.  In my opinion PG is still on a different level and I have to put Robinson and Warren in a tier just below that.  I had promised my wife a date and black Friday shopping :(.... Trying to figure out how to get out of that so I can make the drive Friday....

PiratePride03

Just tell her she can spend whatever she wants, that's what I'm gonna do so I can go to this game lol.   Hopefully the game is good enough to make up for the overtime I'm gonna have to work!

thatoneguy

Quote from: PiratePride03 on November 21, 2016, 09:18:08 am
Just tell her she can spend whatever she wants, that's what I'm gonna do so I can go to this game lol.   Hopefully the game is good enough to make up for the overtime I'm gonna have to work!
That's a great plan! haha hopefully it'll work for you!

thatoneguy

Being unfamiliar with both teams, what are some of the keys to the game for both sides?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: PiratePride03 on November 21, 2016, 09:18:08 am

I think it will be a good one!  I don't dare tell her she can spend what she wants, not when she is mad a me...  My best bet is to offer a Saturday make up  date...  Hey maybe a date in Dardanelle?  Watch a game and enjoy a Frito pie???

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: thatoneguy on November 21, 2016, 10:00:33 am
Being unfamiliar with both teams, what are some of the keys to the game for both sides?

Shiloh is small and honestly not very fast. They are very well coached and the kids play excellent fundamentals (very much like PG and PR).  The key players for Shiloh are Broc Berus (RB) and Connor Reece (QB), we really need both of these guys playing well to win.  Connor got a concussion early in the PR game and Broc had severe cramps, we kept the game close but struggled to find a way to win... The coaches seem to prepare the kids very well and I have loved our play calling all year.  Oddly enough our defense has been really good too.  No superstars but playing positions and good as a team.

thatoneguy

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 21, 2016, 10:00:47 am
I think it will be a good one!  I don't dare tell her she can spend what she wants, not when she is mad a me...  My best bet is to offer a Saturday make up  date...  Hey maybe a date in Dardanelle?  Watch a game and enjoy a Frito pie???
You may just want to rent a cabin up on top of Mount Nebo for after the game, very romantic and close by.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: thatoneguy on November 21, 2016, 10:38:24 am
You may just want to rent a cabin up on top of Mount Nebo for after the game, very romantic and close by.

My first time to Dardanelle was this year (on my way to Hot Springs for the first time too) and I couldn't believe how pretty it was from Dardanelle on. 

Now on the romantic side, after a couple frito pie's probably better pass :o....  I am actually leaning towards the open ended shopping spree...  what the heck was I thinking...

Birdsby90

Quote from: thatoneguy on November 21, 2016, 10:00:33 am

Search Caden brown's hudl. That is dardenelle's biggest key and the only reason I'm making a 2 hour drive to watch the game. Can't wait to see him play Friday night.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Birdsby90 on November 21, 2016, 11:22:09 am
Search Caden brown's hudl. That is dardenelle's biggest key and the only reason I'm making a 2 hour drive to watch the game. Can't wait to see him play Friday night.
He has been a major part of the Dardanelle success for the past three years.  I have noticed he blocks a large percentage of his opponents to the ground.  If a player lines up in front of him.  They know they are in for a long night.  Dardanelle also has another lineman that is pretty close to the Brown boy in talent.

Lizard 47

The other was shown and metioned making a block on Steve Sullivan's Friday night touchdowns on KATV

JoshuaRug13

Don't see a Shiloh win in this one.  After watching them play PR earlier this year, I am just not convinced that they will beat the tough Sand Lizards.  Probably going to be a Dardanelle-Pea Ridge semifinals...which would be AWESOME...

Youknowwhothisis

Shiloh also played without their QB and Best back against Pea Ridge, Shiloh wins by at least 14

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: Youknowwhothisis on November 21, 2016, 12:30:36 pm
Shiloh also played without their QB and Best back against Pea Ridge, Shiloh wins by at least 14

If Shiloh were to win, I would be very confident that PR would be in State...

Youknowwhothisis

Shiloh will be coming with a vengeance, it will be a good game, But Pea Ridge has to get thru the hamburgers first ;D

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: Youknowwhothisis on November 21, 2016, 12:36:22 pm
Shiloh will be coming with a vengeance, it will be a good game, But Pea Ridge has to get thru the hamburgers first ;D

Well, you are correct in that statement.  However one would think that they should have come with a "vengeance" this year after last year's loss...

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 21, 2016, 12:28:21 pm
Don't see a Shiloh win in this one.  After watching them play PR earlier this year, I am just not convinced that they will beat the tough Sand Lizards.  Probably going to be a Dardanelle-Pea Ridge semifinals...which would be AWESOME...

Watch a different game...  2 best players hurt and 2 other key players... I wouldn't judge them by that game...

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 21, 2016, 12:42:22 pm
Watch a different game...  2 best players hurt and 2 other key players... I wouldn't judge them by that game...

I realize that.  However, they did play that game.  Besides Pea Ridge and PG, Shiloh hasn't played anyone to difficult IMO.  Yes, I will say the same for PR lol...we haven't played really anyone besides Shiloh and PG...but then we beat Nashville and my viewpoint on the team is totally different than before that game.

Youknowwhothisis

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 21, 2016, 12:42:22 pm

+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas