• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prairie Grove vs. Gosnell

Started by beach bum, November 18, 2016, 10:34:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

November 21, 2016, 06:49:03 pm #50 Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 06:53:40 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Redskin2015 on November 21, 2016, 11:11:16 am
Man y'all are some cocky sons of guns I wonder were y'all would be at IF y'all lost?

I will change my tune Saturday when PG prepares for the Warren/Robinson winner as PG vs. either of those two would be a coin flip game with the winner most likely taking it all at WMS. PG will not lose this week to Gosnell. People on this board aren't coaches or players that have to take it one game at a time so its just the banter that occurs on here. I wouldn't take it personal.

TBone70

Quote from: Redskin2015 on November 21, 2016, 11:11:16 am
Man y'all are some cocky sons of guns I wonder were y'all would be at IF y'all lost?
Oh it's ok,  I've heard this all year from one particular team in 3-4a. Let it go in one ear and out the other.

bigchief72455

Quote from: TBone70 on November 21, 2016, 07:04:04 pm
Oh it's ok,  I've heard this all year from one particular team in 3-4a. Let it go in one ear and out the other.
We love y'all too.  ;)

TBone70

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 21, 2016, 07:10:31 pm
We love y'all too.  ;)
Funny,  ;D
I'm sure it will all start again around preseason.

bigchief72455

Quote from: TBone70 on November 21, 2016, 07:13:39 pm
Funny,  ;D
I'm sure it will all start again around preseason.
Yeah but if we didn't have this what else would we do.lol

JoshuaRug13

PG is by far the best team in the 4A.  I really want to see PG in the finals against PR.  That would be a great rematch with PR looking to be the hottest team in the 4A against the best team in the 4A

Prairie Grove 48
Gosnell 3

gosnellpirate27

Let me start by saying gosnell will never score 3 if we don't have a kicker that being said PG will not score 48 on the gosnell defense. The team knows they have to play a perfect game to have a chance against PG and they are ready for the challenge so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say pirates control the clock again and pull off the upset 24-21

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: gosnellpirate27 on November 22, 2016, 10:15:48 am
Let me start by saying gosnell will never score 3 if we don't have a kicker that being said PG will not score 48 on the gosnell defense. The team knows they have to play a perfect game to have a chance against PG and they are ready for the challenge so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say pirates control the clock again and pull off the upset 24-21

Well...you are delusional.  Also you just said that Gosnell will never score 3 but have them at 24?   ???

Oh well...I thought the same thing when PR played PG and it didn't work out so well...good luck though!

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 22, 2016, 10:27:22 am
Well...you are delusional.  Also you just said that Gosnell will never score 3 but have them at 24?   ???

Oh well...I thought the same thing when PR played PG and it didn't work out so well...good luck though!

It's what he hopes will happen, he knows it won't happen....

Youknowwhothisis

Four TD's with 4 missed extra points, or 4 failed two-point convs. would be 24...

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: Youknowwhothisis on November 22, 2016, 10:53:42 am
Four TD's with 4 missed extra points, or 4 failed two-point convs. would be 24...

I don't think that was the intended thinking behind the comment.  Lol  :D

Ole Legend

That would be a rough night...

GHS_08

Or 3 TDs and 3 two point conversions

Youknowwhothisis

There's plenty of ways to get there like, 12 safeties ;D

Tigerdad2

TurfToe

Quote from: GHS_08 on November 19, 2016, 08:28:30 am
Put everyone in the box to stop the run and we have two guys on the outside that Will beat you deep. Marquel McKinney is the 4A 100 meter State Champ. This is not the same ole double wing Gosnell was know for in the past. We were 12-17 for 142 yards passing last night.
After going to the Ozark/Gosnell game I think Prairie Grove wins by A LOT. Gosnell is not one dimensional but Prairie Grove will be able to stop them. Key on #34 out of the wing and don't get beat deep on the passes. The 12-17 for 142 is very misleading in my opinion. I recall one long pass where the Ozark corner fell down on 4th and whatever and it ended up going for a long TD. Also, Ozark plays that stupid 8 yard cushion on the corners. Don't expect PG to give that cushion. I'm a Hillbilly and if I played Ozark I would throw the short slants and quick outs all night until the corners played tighter coverage....I expect PG will play tighter.

Also, the long drive on game day after Thanksgiving will be a factor. That many miles will wear a person out....

Good luck to both teams. Hope the state champ comes from 1-4A this year.

STUNNA

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 22, 2016, 09:59:55 am
PG is by far the best team in the 4A.  I really want to see PG in the finals against PR.  That would be a great rematch with PR looking to be the hottest team in the 4A against the best team in the 4A

Prairie Grove 48
Gosnell 3

Starting to sound like a scrapper fan...

prHOG13

Quote from: STUNNA on November 22, 2016, 11:25:36 am
Scrapper fans don't compliment other teams in the playoffs like young Joshua is doing there

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: STUNNA on November 22, 2016, 11:25:36 am

LOL I am a scrapper fan when my little description under my name says that I play in the band for Pea Ridge LOL...

::)Makes perfect sense! ::)

$aintMaximu$

Watching video and looking at maxpreps Gosnell looks very, very small...  That didn't work out well for Shiloh playing PG....

gosnellpirate27

Gosnell doesn't have alot of size but what they lack in size they have in speed. There is not any doubt that if PG can contain gosnells speed it may very well b a long night for gosnell. Gosnells speed and t.o.p. has worn opposing defenses down all year. The 3rd quarter against Ozark gosnell had the ball for over 11 minutes.

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: gosnellpirate27 on November 22, 2016, 01:28:24 pm
Gosnell doesn't have alot of size but what they lack in size they have in speed. There is not any doubt that if PG can contain gosnells speed it may very well b a long night for gosnell. Gosnells speed and t.o.p. has worn opposing defenses down all year. The 3rd quarter against Ozark gosnell had the ball for over 11 minutes.

Wow...because Ozark is such a GREAT team... ::)

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 22, 2016, 01:30:26 pm
Wow...because Ozark is such a GREAT team... ::)

Hang on he might be talking about the Ozark JV team, that would be very impressive...

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 22, 2016, 01:39:07 pm
Hang on he might be talking about the Ozark JV team, that would be very impressive...

Whoops forget about that team lol  8)

gosnellpirate27

Laugh it up and make all your jokes I'm not a big trash talker just don't underestimate gosnell and we will see what happens Friday night

gosnellpirate27

Is the football field hard to find I think I'm gonna make the trip

beach bum

Quote from: gosnellpirate27 on November 22, 2016, 06:14:27 pm

Are you staying in Fayetteville the night before and coming from Fayetteville or coming straight up the day of cause if you are coming the day of its best to jut off at West Fork at exit 53 on I-49 then take Hwy 156 all the way to Prairie Grove. If you come from West Fork on Hwy 156 it turns into Mock Street and will run you straight to the schools. If coming from Fayetteville its a little different with the new bypass in town there.

Ole Legend

Quote from: gosnellpirate27 on November 22, 2016, 06:14:27 pm

It's not too hard to find. 820 N Mock Street

ISU7

November 23, 2016, 02:45:00 am #78 Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 02:52:27 am by ISU7
Quote from: TBone70 on November 21, 2016, 07:04:04 pm
Come to think of it that very same team you talking about was downing RiverCrest for losing to Paragould , and Piggott. But the Colts are the only team that has defeated the 3-4A Pirates, being no one in that conference could.  Colts won their  conference even though they were ask by a certain team fans how does it feel not to win conference. Little did they know they were speaking of themselves. That was definitely funny. Colts are  still playing football the day after Thanksgiving 😃 Go Pirates.

Pokey03

Quote from: ISU7 on November 23, 2016, 02:45:00 am
Come to think of it that very same team you talking about was downing RiverCrest for losing to Paragould , and Piggott. But the Colts are the only team that has defeated the 3-4A Pirates, being no one in that conference could.  Colts won their  conference even though they were ask by a certain team fans how does it feel not to win conference. Little did they know they were speaking of themselves. That was definitely funny. Colts are  still playing football the day after Thanksgiving 😃 Go Pirates.
✌️️

gosnellpirate27

Thanks for the directions to the field.  I will probably drive over on Friday. Football team is also driving over on Friday. I hate it that they are driving on game day but at least they are chartering a couple buses.

Oldbadger

If I were you, if you have never traveled much in the area, and coming North on I49 from Ft. Smith, I would just drive on in to Fayetteville and make a left at the junction of 62 and I49.  People like Beachbum and myself who have been there a lot or live there would certainly do what he said, but I'm afraid you will get turned around just to save a few minutes.  Stay on 62 and don't take the bypass and you will go into the middle of downtown.  Then stop at one of the convenience stores and ask how to get to the stadium.  It is hard to find.  PG is a great little town with a lot of stores on main street for those who like to go antiquing or junking so you might want to leave a few hours early to do that.  However, be sure to stay exactly on the speed limit through Farmington, (I'm not kidding, ask beachbum), they like to grow their city coffers through traffic tickets.  PG isn't as bad, but, to be safe, obey the traffic laws there too.  If you haven't been there you will love that part of the state.  Safe travels to you and the team and good luck with the game!

beach bum

Just as Oldbadger said the best option certainly is to leave early and go to Fayetteville first. Conveniently Hwy 62 that takes you out to PG is also Exit 62 on I-49. There are better food options to eat before the game there in Fayetteville obviously. He also hit it spot on. Do not speed in Farmington! Best way to find the stadium is once you get into town at Prairie Grove there is a Dollar General all by itself on the left side of the road. Turn right at the stop light across the road from that Dollar General. Then you follow that road a little more than half mile. Maybe its closer to a mile. But as the road bends left at some tennis courts take any street immediately on the right and they will lead you to Mock Street and hook a right at Mock Street and you are almost to the field immediately. Best wishes traveling and have a safe trip! Same goes to you Oldbadger as you head to Russellville for a hopeful win there!

NEAfootball

Quote from: beach bum on November 21, 2016, 06:49:03 pm
I will change my tune Saturday when PG prepares for the Warren/Robinson winner as PG vs. either of those two would be a coin flip game with the winner most likely taking it all at WMS. PG will not lose this week to Gosnell. People on this board aren't coaches or players that have to take it one game at a time so its just the banter that occurs on here. I wouldn't take it personal.

Haha

LJ06

Don't get too cocky yet PG. You guys have only played one playoff game so far and that was against a team that got skull drug by Stuttgart as well.

Oldbadger

Got to go with PG on this one 35 to 21.  I just don't think Gosnell can stop the offensive attack of PG.

Lumberjackfan1978

I don't think they can either PG 42 Gosnell 14

Missco

Earlier I picked PG to only win by 21. I have a feeling  it will be more. I hope I am wrong and a miracle happens. Good Luck Pirates. That's a long trip.

SUGARTOWN

I think PG wins this one easily. Next week will be a lot tougher for sure.

NEAfootball

November 25, 2016, 07:48:17 pm #89 Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 07:51:56 pm by NEAfootball
Wow biggest bull crap call ever on an onside kick ever. You can't call targeting on a guy falling to the ground on the front line recovering an onside kick add the fact it was shoulder contact. Good lord brake out the beta for flag football if that's what officiating is going to now.

GHS_08

Prarie Grove 20
Gosnell 12

5:13 left in 1st half.

beach bum

Quote from: NEAfootball on November 25, 2016, 07:48:17 pm
Wow biggest bull crap call ever on an onside kick ever.

Your guy hit our player way to high... He didn't mean to but the rule is the rule.

GHS_08

Quote from: NEAfootball on November 25, 2016, 07:48:17 pm
Wow biggest bull crap call ever on an onside kick ever.

Why even onside kick there. Give them a short field with 5 minutes left in the half.

beach bum

With how dumb the college rules are your player would have been ejected even without meaning to hit him like that.

NEAfootball

Quote from: GHS_08 on November 25, 2016, 07:50:07 pm
Why even onside kick there. Give them a short field with 5 minutes left in the half.

Because youre not going to stop them the defensive line is being abused standing up to much and not trying to take up space. To much looking to find the ball instead of occupying offensive lineman and it's causing the ILB to get abused on the free release by the OT

GHS_08

Quote from: NEAfootball on November 25, 2016, 07:53:22 pm
Because youre not going to stop them the defensive line is being abused standing up to much and not trying to take up space. To much looking to find the ball instead of occupying offensive lineman and it's causing the ILB to get abused on the free release by the OT

But if you don't recover the kick they score real quick, probably get the ball back and score again.

NEAfootball

Quote from: beach bum on November 25, 2016, 07:51:09 pm
With how dumb the college rules are your player would have been ejected even without meaning to hit him like that.

Not on that play the review would of over turned it easy because there was no launch he lead the tackle with a shoulder of it was helmet to helmet then yes he's gone and it's a flag. But, he avoided all helmet contact.

NEAfootball

Quote from: GHS_08 on November 25, 2016, 07:55:34 pm
But if you don't recover the kick they score real quick, probably get the ball back and score again.

Playing to win not play them close trust me they aren't going to stop PG unless they make major adjustments at the half. When you can see a DL numbers on the snap you're in for a long night.

beach bum

What in the world is your coach going for it in that situation at mid field at 4th and 11?

NEAfootball

Quote from: beach bum on November 25, 2016, 07:58:26 pm
What in the world is your coach going for it in that situation at mid field at 4th and 11?

That's called ball game, I think they realize the game plan on defense isn't going to stop PG be it at midfield or inside PG's own five. The defensive line is standing up and getting knocked into the secondary or running up field and leaving the ILBs out to dry.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas