• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prairie Grove vs. Gosnell

Started by beach bum, November 18, 2016, 10:34:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

PG 42-7 in this one.... Prairie Grove will stuff the one dimensional Gosnell offense. That run heavy offense however for Gosnell will milk some clock and force PG to play its starters nearly the whole game. It won't be 35-0 at half or anything like that IMO. That is my analysis.

coach_r

November 18, 2016, 10:57:33 pm #1 Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 11:33:01 pm by coach_r
 ???

Sports Guru

prHOG13

Pokey03

Quote from: beach bum on November 18, 2016, 10:34:43 pm
PG 42-7 in this one.... Prairie Grove will stuff the one dimensional Gosnell offense. That run heavy offense however for Gosnell will milk some clock and force PG to play its starters nearly the whole game. It won't be 35-0 at half or anything like that IMO. That is my analysis.
Praire Grove looked really impressive against CAC, and with Pea Ridge huge win it makes the Tigers look even better. Gosnell has a tough task at hand, but the Pirates will be no pushover they will come to play.

Ghs21

November 18, 2016, 11:06:50 pm #5 Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 11:28:54 pm by Ghs21
Quote from: beach bum on November 18, 2016, 10:34:43 pm
have you seen Gosnell? I wouldn't call them one dimensional..

Redskin2015

LeftBench

Kanndie39

NEAfootball

Prairie Grove probably shouldn't take Gosnell lightly they r done that before and it wasn't pretty Gosnell went into PG as a 4 seed and beat the brakes of PG. However, this Prairie Grove team is much better than previous teams and this Gosnell team isn't as one dimensional as the previous Gosnell team. Still going to have to take PG in this one 380+ miles the day after thanksgiving that alone is tough to over come. Would love to see this game on Saturday instead of the day after Thanksgiving sort of an impossible trip to make day after a holiday. PG 28 Gosnell 19

GHS_08

November 19, 2016, 08:28:30 am #10 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 08:35:04 am by GHS_08
Put everyone in the box to stop the run and we have two guys on the outside that Will beat you deep. Marquel McKinney is the 4A 100 meter State Champ. This is not the same ole double wing Gosnell was know for in the past. We were 12-17 for 142 yards passing last night.

Qhcaoc

Does PG live stream their games?

livingwithcause

November 19, 2016, 02:15:08 pm #12 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:56:11 pm by livingwithcause
Quote from: Qhcaoc on November 19, 2016, 12:30:46 pm
Does PG live stream their games?

Yes we have a live stream. www.pgtigersonline.com you'll be able watch it on any device.

beach bum

November 19, 2016, 03:09:37 pm #13 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 03:57:34 pm by beach bum
Quote from: GHS_08 on November 19, 2016, 08:28:30 am
Put everyone in the box to stop the run and we have two guys on the outside that Will beat you deep. Marquel McKinney is the 4A 100 meter State Champ. This is not the same ole double wing Gosnell was know for in the past. We were 12-17 for 142 yards passing last night.

You will not be beating the best CB in 4A deep in Isaac Disney... Prairie Grove is not Brookland, Jonesboro Westside, or Highland. Our 4 seed beat your 2 seed and there is a massive gap between the top 3 teams in the 1-4A and Gravette. This will not be close. Being fast in track does not make someone a good football player automatically. PG went to the state title last year with a RB that ran a 4.85 forty! You can take all the speed you got and I'll take the physical line of scrimmage and defense all day.

Sports Guru

GHS_08

Quote from: beach bum on November 19, 2016, 03:09:37 pm
You will not be beating the best CB in 4A deep in Isaac Disney... Prairie Grove is not Brookland, Jonesboro Westside, or Highland. Our 4 seed beat your 2 seed and there is a massive gap between the top 3 teams in the 1-4A and Gravette. This will not be close. Being fast in track does not make someone a good football player automatically. PG went to the state title last year with a RB that ran a 4.85 forty! You can take all the speed you got and I'll take the physical line of scrimmage and defense all day.

He happens to be one of the fastest guys in the state, and a good football player. I didn't say I expect us to win. Just saying we are not as one dimensional as in the past. We are not a very big team and don't have much dept, but we do have some good athletes like always.  I am actually surprised at our record this year. Barbaree is a heck of a coach.
PG would steam roll every team we have played this year no doubt.
PG by 3 TDs

Stealthfan

Disney plays baseball and is good at it.  Don't know if he runs track.  I can assure you though he is not the slowest kid in the state.

Redskin2015

Gosnelll will come out and surprise pg if gosnell cuts down on mental mistakes they come out and catch pg off guard and winning

Redskin2015

Pg can't underestimate gosnell which y'all are already doing coming from a guy that thought we'd beat them by at least two touchdowns and an entire town that thought they would. Gosnells key to the game is no mental mistakes. Pg key to the game is don't underestimate them. Other wise gosnell will come out and suck punch you in the mouth

NEAfootball

After watching some highlights of PG and CAC there's no doubt PG is good but good lord could CAC have not gift wrapped that win so much. I counted four turnovers just on highlights, also CAC looked very very predictable on offense and got down fast. That caused some very poor and predictable play calling by CAC. On PG side they looked like they can hurt you in a number of ways on offense not very explosive but wait for you to make a mistake in run fits or coverage then capitalize.

Little Bear

Actually CAC moved the ball on PG.   The reason PG will win the State championship is their offense.   News for Gosnell --- you will not stop PG.   PG can be scored on with speed and players out in space... however I do hot see a 4A defense stopping the Tigers from scoring at will.   Good luck Gosnell and the rest of 4A!

NEAfootball

Quote from: Little Bear on November 19, 2016, 10:12:25 pm
Actually CAC moved the ball on PG.   The reason PG will win the State championship is their offense.   News for Gosnell --- you will not stop PG.   PG can be scored on with speed and players out in space... however I do hot see a 4A defense stopping the Tigers from scoring at will.   Good luck Gosnell and the rest of 4A!

From what I saw against CAC on highlights the touchdowns were from defense, blown coverage on a HB wheel and a few times someone not getting their assignment on the option. No doubt, PG is good but their offense is by no means unstoppable it's same stuff they have run since their HC has been there. Don't take what I said wrong they caused a lot of those problems and had good play calls against CAC but by no means are they unstoppable.

ISU7

Quote from: Little Bear on November 19, 2016, 10:12:25 pm
The Joe T Robinson vs Warren winner will win 4A State,

ISU7

Quote from: NEAfootball on November 19, 2016, 03:52:43 am
Prairie Grove probably shouldn't take Gosnell lightly they r done that before and it wasn't pretty Gosnell went into PG as a 4 seed and beat the brakes of PG. However, this Prairie Grove team is much better than previous teams and this Gosnell team isn't as one dimensional as the previous Gosnell team. Still going to have to take PG in this one 380+ miles the day after thanksgiving that alone is tough to over come. Would love to see this game on Saturday instead of the day after Thanksgiving sort of an impossible trip to make day after a holiday. PG 28 Gosnell 19
Like I said before if the team that's traveling is good it doesn't matter how far they travel. Last season RiverCrest traveled all the way to Eldorado the day after Thanksgiving. and shocked #1Smackover in a 3A state semifinals. Friday night Earle traveled to Murfreesboro and put up 56 pts on them.  These are teenagers.

Lizard 47

Little Bear

November 20, 2016, 12:41:20 pm #25 Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 12:51:29 pm by Little Bear
If Robinson or Warren make it to the final game they will make 1-2 critical mistakes that PG will take advantage of.    This is assuming PG meets either one of these teams in the finals.   Keep an outside eye on the private school kids from Shiloh sneaking into the final game.

LeftBench

Quote from: NEAfootball on November 19, 2016, 11:21:13 pm
From what I saw against CAC on highlights the touchdowns were from defense, blown coverage on a HB wheel and a few times someone not getting their assignment on the option. No doubt, PG is good but their offense is by no means unstoppable it's same stuff they have run since their HC has been there. Don't take what I said wrong they caused a lot of those problems and had good play calls against CAC but by no means are they unstoppable.

Maybe you didn't get the full story of the game from highlights...

bigchief72455

Quote from: beach bum on November 19, 2016, 03:09:37 pm
I would like to mention however that your 4 seed beat a team with a few injuries in key positions. When you are missing one of the stressing tears and one of the state's leading rushers is hurt and no where near 100%  it makes a big difference. No excuses though a loss is a loss. If at full strength the game would have been different but these things happen late in the season sometimes. Go Pirates.

NEAfootball

Quote from: LeftBench on November 20, 2016, 01:03:58 pm
Maybe you didn't get the full story of the game from highlights...

You're probably right but when the QB runs an option and nobody is there to take him or the pitch man or a HB runs down the sideline after a fake and nobody is within twenty yards that's pretty accurate picture of blown assignments.

LeftBench

Quote from: NEAfootball on November 20, 2016, 01:56:11 pm
You're probably right but when the QB runs an option and nobody is there to take him or the pitch man or a HB runs down the sideline after a fake and nobody is within twenty yards that's pretty accurate picture of blown assignments.

There's a reason those blown assignments happen. PG runs their offense as well, or better, than anyone in 4A.

STUNNA

Quote from: Little Bear on November 20, 2016, 12:41:20 pm
If Robinson or Warren make it to the final game they will make 1-2 critical mistakes that PG will take advantage of.    This is assuming PG meets either one of these teams in the finals.   Keep an outside eye on the private school kids from Shiloh sneaking into the final game.

PG will have to beat one of them just to make it to state

Jack1990

Quote from: Little Bear on November 20, 2016, 12:41:20 pm
If Warren or Robinson make it to the Finals...they will have made no critical mistakes and already gotten by PG.

AirWarren

A bunch of chickens being counted before hatching.

I see some of you didn't learn anything from the Nashville mouths.

NEAfootball

Quote from: LeftBench on November 20, 2016, 02:09:43 pm
There's a reason those blown assignments happen. PG runs their offense as well, or better, than anyone in 4A.
[/quote

I agree with you they are well coached not saying that at all. My point is they are not an explosive offense they wait for you to make a mistake and take advantage. I figure this is going to be a lot lower scoring game than people expect. Both offenses are very similar in what they do both run a version of the buck sweep, full back trap, power play and burn you with playaction or beat you with one on ones when you load the box. I still give PG the edge with it being a long road game for Gosnell after Thanksgiving you can say what you want that's a factor it's hard to get kids to focus when they have stuff going on outside of their normal routine. The one thing nobody has mentioned is PG looks very impressive on special teams. The kid on punt returns is tough to bring down.

Little Bear

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 20, 2016, 02:30:20 pm
If Warren or Robinson make it to the Finals...they will have made no critical mistakes and already gotten by PG.
my bad.  Either way I say PG wins it all.   

Missco

I think PG wins but it will be closer than people think. PG by  21 If I am Gosnell I would leave Thanksgiving evening. No way does that trip need to be made Friday. Basketball and baseball teams spend the night all the time. Hills effect flatland kids a lot worse than you would think. I have seen it cost Gosnell several basketball games over the years by kids getting sick and throwing up the whole night. 

Wonderdog

Quote from: Missco on November 20, 2016, 04:05:06 pm
I think PG wins but it will be closer than people think. PG by  21 If I am Gosnell I would leave Thanksgiving evening. No way does that trip need to be made Friday. Basketball and baseball teams spend the night all the time. Hills effect flatland kids a lot worse than you would think. I have seen it cost Gosnell several basketball games over the years by kids getting sick and throwing up the whole night.
Interesting comment about the hills. I have felt somewhat similar to what you refer to. I can remember the first time I ever traveled into the hills on a long road trip. I had a two hour ride to Heber Springs. Those are baby hills compared to where Gosnell is going. I didn't get sick or throw up, but my ears constantly popped. It did not make for a fun ride. Over the years my body was able to adjust. My ears still pop when I travel from different altitude levels, but it is no longer painful. You might be on to something.

beach bum

November 20, 2016, 05:51:11 pm #37 Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 06:06:05 pm by beach bum
Prairie Grove sits only at about 1,300 elevation.... Which isn't anything in the big picture but I guess that is if you are from Gosnell where its 250 feet elevation. I know the high spots in Fayetteville sit at 1,800 and between Mountainburg, Winslow, and West Fork on I-49 you will find the higher spots in the low to mid 2,000's. In my times around the country I really feel the difference when I start getting near 5,000 feet. But if you're from near sea level then your ears will start definitely even popping in the Ozarks if you aren't used to that. It took me almost 60 days sadly to fully adapt to my apartment at 7,200 feet and feel 100% normal when doing physically demanding activities.

Missco

Seen it firsthand too much. Gosnell plays Cave City and Highland. Seen a many a  garbage can filled up. I just find it strange that some football teams travel in the play offs the day of the game and some the day before. Personally, I think in this case their is no way I'd travel 5.5 hours on game day. If it was south Arkansas then maybe. Regardless Gosnell will play them as close as anybody has.

beach bum

Quote from: Missco on November 20, 2016, 06:14:16 pm
Seen it firsthand too much. Gosnell plays Cave City and Highland. Seen a many a  garbage can filled up. I just find it strange that some football teams travel in the play offs the day of the game and some the day before. Personally, I think in this case their is no way I'd travel 5.5 hours on game day. If it was south Arkansas then maybe. Regardless Gosnell will play them as close as anybody has.

I saw that Ozark who isn't even crazy far from you guys compared to NWA schools left on Thursday so I hope you guys do so and leave late Thursday. I know quarterfinal week always gets a little funky especially for the road teams with school being out and all the turkey for travel plans.

TBone70

In my opinion, I think it will be a defensive game.

beach bum

Quote from: TBone70 on November 20, 2016, 06:34:26 pm
In my opinion, I think it will be a defensive game.

Prairie Grove's lowest output all season has been 33 points.... Gosnell has only done that 6 out of 12 times. Prairie Grove has done that against much stiffer competition in the 1-4A plus Vian, OK in non conference. I don't see Gosnell holding them to under 33 either.

beach bum

I also don't see Gosnell scoring more than two touchdowns against the Prairie Grove defense.

Little Bear

November 20, 2016, 09:37:16 pm #43 Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 09:41:30 pm by Little Bear
Quote from: beach bum on November 20, 2016, 06:54:57 pm
Prairie Grove's lowest output all season has been 33 points.... Gosnell has only done that 6 out of 12 times. Prairie Grove has done that against much stiffer competition in the 1-4A plus Vian, OK in non conference. I don't see Gosnell holding them to under 33 either.
And they hung 61 on a solid CAC team.   I would imagine Gosnell and CAC are about equal in talent.   Gosnell coaches need to prepare their kids for a monumental task.    However that is why you play the game as they say. 

$aintMaximu$

PG 49

Gosnell 7

Sportsmanship rule starts early in the 3rd.... 

blamcd

Everybody has been underestimating Gosnell all season and they have proved them wrong everytime. Watch Gosnell put PG in their place and win this game.

Redskin2015

Man y'all are some cocky sons of guns I wonder were y'all would be at IF y'all lost?

Ghs21

Quote from: Redskin2015 on November 21, 2016, 11:11:16 am
Man y'all are some cocky sons of guns I wonder were y'all would be at IF y'all lost?
who?

$aintMaximu$

Practicing basketball....

Sweetfeet

In the same place Nashville is in now

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas