• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Lumberjacks Vs Joe T Robinson Senators at Warren. Quarterfinals. Let's get it started!!!!

Started by AirWarren, November 18, 2016, 09:30:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Jack1990

AirWarren

2horsesANDmydog!

Batesville had a good game plan going into the game , the old ground and pound. They abandoned it after Robinson dug into its bag of trick plays in the 2nd quarter to go up. Trick plays are for desperate teams. Warren has the better QB and that one RB that took Hamburg D to the old lumberjack wood shed, is a beast. Their screen passes are nearly undefendable. Robinson better play hook and ladder/ Hail Mary all night to keep up.

Lumberjackfan1978

2horsesANDmydog!

Lizard 47

This is by far the ultimate throw down of the quarters. Not even sure how to pick it. Should be a heck of a game.

MasterChef

I was at the Robinson game against Southside Friday night. I don't remember any trick plays from Robinson. As I recall, Robinson threw a screen pass on its first offensive play that Jackson took 52 yards for a touchdown and then Robinson scored 6 rushing touchdowns running right through the middle. Maybe I missed something...

Superjack45

Who cares what they have done up to this point, Friday will determine who moves on and who don't and all that I can say is that the Jacks will be prepared as best they can be just as well as JTR will be. So let the game begin and since we are in this weak conference we don't have a chance.

RyanLR

Yeah I don't know about these tricks dude was talking about. There were a couple of screens and stuff.

HBG PRIDE

AirWarren

Poor Warren. I hope the high school is planning an assembly for these 22 players. To show recognition of making it this far this season.

We are like the Little Giants. Robinson is Kevin O'Shea's Cowboy team.

hogdiggity

Warren is a well coached team and is tough to beat Anywhere much less at home.  If Robinson plays as physical as they are capable of playing I think they win, if not Warren will move on.

richboy

Quote from: hogdiggity on November 20, 2016, 11:27:54 am
Warren is a well coached team and is tough to beat Anywhere much less at home.  If Robinson plays as physical as they are capable of playing I think they win, if not Warren will move on.
+1 well said.

OLDSCHOOL82

dukes424

Quote from: AirWarren on November 20, 2016, 09:36:56 am
Poor Warren. I hope the high school is planning an assembly for these 22 players. To show recognition of making it this far this season.

We are like the Little Giants. Robinson is Kevin O'Shea's Cowboy team.
Now that's funny!

STUNNA

what was up with the low amount of pass attempts Friday? Saw where Hayden ran the ball 29 times

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on November 20, 2016, 03:56:03 pm
what was up with the low amount of pass attempts Friday? Saw where Hayden ran the ball 29 times

Play calling was basic. Way different than Hamburg game. IMO.

As oldman says, I'm no Bo Hembree ha

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: STUNNA on November 20, 2016, 03:56:03 pm
Its what the defense gave us. We took what they gave us. They didn't give us much though.

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

Quote from: AirWarren on November 19, 2016, 10:02:21 am
Warren Lumberjacks
(12-0)
Points per game: 43
Points allowed: 20

Key Players:
Hayden Lassiter(QB)
Dennis Daniels(RB)
Treylon Burks(WR/LB)
Marcus Miller(DE)

Joe T. Robinson Senators
(11-1)
Points per game: 43
Points allowed: 14

Key Players:
Koilan Jackson(WR) Arkansas Razorback Commit
Myles Fells(RB/WR)  Navy Commit
Nate Page(WR)
Hunter Swoboda(TE)
David Porter(DT)

On paper Robinson should win easy but it is hard going to Warren getting a W

AirWarren

Lots of intangibles too.

Playoff experience. Goes to Warren.
Playoff coaching experience. Goes to Warren.
State title game experience. Goes to Warren.
Playing and practicing on thanksgiving week. Goes to Warren.

Most probably don't remember, but our quarterback, running back, and a lot of the seniors drove the ball down the field in the 2014 title game and scored a touchdown.

Experience in these types of games at the end of November really pays a huge part.

bear for life

AirWarren

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RyanLR on November 20, 2016, 03:33:29 am
Yeah I don't know about these tricks dude was talking about. There were a couple of screens and stuff.

Did Page play?

LJ06

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LJ06 on November 21, 2016, 12:27:26 pm
I believe he did last week

If so then I give the slight edge to Robinson. Clearly this game can go either way, but I think Joe T. has a few too many weapons on offense, Jackson, Page, Swoboda, Fells etc. Both defenses are playing well and have size on the lines, so no real edge there. Warren has the coaching edge, but the Senators have played the tougher schedule IMO and held the top offense in 4A to 31 points on the road.

Warren's biggest threat on offense is Lassiter running the ball, Daniels still doesn't appear to be 100%. I'm not sure they can score enough to beat the Senators unless they force Eskola into some bad throws and force turnovers.

And unfortunately the "prize" for winning this game is more than likely a trip to Prairie Grove. This side of the bracket is brutal.

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 21, 2016, 12:41:33 pm
If so then I give the slight edge to Robinson. Clearly this game can go either way, but I think Joe T. has a few too many weapons on offense, Jackson, Page, Swoboda, Fells etc. Both defenses are playing well and have size on the lines, so no real edge there. Warren has the coaching edge, but the Senators have played the tougher schedule IMO and held the top offense in 4A to 31 points on the road.

Warren's biggest threat on offense is Lassiter running the ball, Daniels still doesn't appear to be 100%. I'm not sure they can score enough to beat the Senators unless they force Eskola into some bad throws and force turnovers.

And unfortunately the "prize" for winning this game is more than likely a trip to Prairie Grove. This side of the bracket is brutal.

From what I know I think Page's hand is still hurt, but he will play if needed. Unclear how effective he will be.

RyanLR

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 21, 2016, 12:22:50 pm
Did Page play?
Yeah he played Friday night after missing the last two weeks with a hand injury. Had 6 catches for 125 yards and was starting his normal spot at free safety.

LJ06

Quote from: RyanLR on November 21, 2016, 01:41:13 pm
Yeah he played Friday night after missing the last two weeks with a hand injury. Had 6 catches for 125 yards and was starting his normal spot at free safety.

Okay he was very effective lol

AirWarren

STUNNA

AirWarren

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: STUNNA on November 21, 2016, 03:43:15 pm
this reminds me a lot of the Arkadelphia game a few years ago

It reminds me more of your Nashville game last year. Your defense may be better than last year though.

LJ06

STUNNA

our d line is gonna have to play their best game of the year if we are gonna win!! And our studs are gonna need big games!

AirWarren

LJ06

Quote from: STUNNA on November 21, 2016, 04:30:56 pm
our d line is gonna have to play their best game of the year if we are gonna win!! And our studs are gonna need big games!

Secondary are the ones who will have to step up.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: LJ06 on November 21, 2016, 04:54:26 pm

Secondary are the ones who will have to step up.

Yes, the kid on that clip that was posted on the first page of this thread is a stud (Jackson).  Reminded me of watching Kyle Frazier, had he been a receiver... 

STUNNA

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 21, 2016, 04:58:48 pm
Yes, the kid on that clip that was posted on the first page of this thread is a stud (Jackson).  Reminded me of watching Kyle Frazier, had he been a receiver...

look up Burks from Warren... might be the best to come out of Warren if he can stay healthy.. #32 ranked player in the nation C/O 18

AirItOut21

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on November 20, 2016, 08:54:51 pm
Lots of intangibles too.

Playoff experience. Goes to Warren.
Playoff coaching experience. Goes to Warren.
State title game experience. Goes to Warren.
Playing and practicing on thanksgiving week. Goes to Warren.

Most probably don't remember, but our quarterback, running back, and a lot of the seniors drove the ball down the field in the 2014 title game and scored a touchdown.

Experience in these types of games at the end of November really pays a huge part.

Absolutely. Experience can play a big factor in these types of games. One thing for sure, Warren has been battle tested. 2013 against Arkadelphia (46.0 ppg), held them to 24 points, their lowest offensive output of the season. 2013 against Booneville (38.0 ppg), held them to 14, lowest points that season. 2014 against Dardanelle, (42.0 ppg), held them to 16 points, their lowest total for the season. The Warren seniors have been apart of all of it.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on November 21, 2016, 05:28:22 pm
Absolutely. Experience can play a big factor in these types of games. One thing for sure, Warren has been battle tested. 2013 against Arkadelphia (46.0 ppg), held them to 24 points, their lowest offensive output of the season. 2013 against Booneville (38.0 ppg), held them to 14, lowest points that season. 2014 against Dardanelle, (42.0 ppg), held them to 16 points, their lowest total for the season. The Warren seniors have been apart of all of it.

Yup. That's big time experience.

SouthsideSouthernerDad

Joe T has the athletes and Warren has the experience! Should be a great game does Warren livestream their games?

beach bum

I can't believe I haven't made a prediction on this.... probably because it is so hard to pick. I'll finally lay it all out there and take Warren 36-35.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirItOut21 on November 21, 2016, 05:20:21 pm
Burks will be the best player on the field Friday night

He may be the best when it's all said and done, but I'm not sure he will be Friday night. Both games against Stuttgart he was a non factor on offense. It may not be all his fault, he can't throw himself the ball, but I think at this point Jackson is better.

RyanLR

HOOTENS.COM GAME OF THE WEEK
No. 4 Joe T. Robinson at No. 1 Warren
This is the first playoff meeting between these teams. Joe T. Robinson returns to the quarterfinals for the first time since 2010, and the fifth time since 2002. Warren makes it to the quarterfinals for the fifth straight season and 10th time since Bo Hembree took over as coach in 2000.
Joe T. Robinson finished second in the 7-4A this fall, losing only at Nashville by three points in mid season. The Senators stomped Pottsville and Southside Batesville the past two weeks by a combined 90-19. Senior quarterback Hunter Eskola drives an offense that averages 427 yards and 43 points per game. Eskola completes 148 of 223 passes (66 percent) for 3,011 yards and 38 touchdowns, with eight interceptions. Versatile senior Koilan Jackson and junior Nathan Page form one of the better receiver tandems in the state. Jackson has 57 receptions for 1,206 yards and 12 TDs, while Page has 40 catches for 1,055 yards and 14 TDs in just nine games. Page broke his hand Week 9 against Ashdown and didn't play again until last week when he caught six passes for 125 yards against Southside Batesville. Jackson also has seven rushing TDs, while senior Myles Fells has 109 carries for 790 yards and 11 TDs. Joe T. Robinson's defense rarely gets challenged up front. Senior defensive tackle David Porter has 86 tackles, while senior Tadrian Stout has 32 tackles. Stout blocked a punt, recovered a fumble that set up a TD and delivered a hit on an onside kick to help the Senators recover a fumble against Southside Batesville. "We've moved some guys around for the playoffs to get more athleticism on the line," Joe T. Robinson coach Todd Eskola says.
Warren won its first two playoff games over Jonesboro Westside and Stuttgart by a combined 66-42. Three expected Lumberjack starters are out for the season with injuries, but sophomore defensive tackle Marcus Miller (6-3, 290) returned for the playoffs after July ACL surgery. Senior QB Hayden Lassiter completed seven of 13 passes for 115 yards and a TD and carried 20 times for 187 yards and two scores in last week's 24-14 win over Stuttgart. Lassiter also played defense last week, leading the Lumberjacks with 10 tackles. Senior Dennis Daniels has more than 1,300 yards this fall, while Tra Burks has emerged as the top receiver. Senior linebacker Byron Person has played well, Coach Bo Hembree says.

AirWarren

MUFASA #2

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas