• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Lumberjacks Vs Joe T Robinson Senators at Warren. Quarterfinals. Let's get it started!!!!

Started by AirWarren, November 18, 2016, 09:30:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Rewatched the Nashville Robinson game in NFHS. Robinson likes to come out in these formations that has the ability to put the ball in every playmakers hands. Going to be a challenge for the defense. Lots of assignment football.

Romeo

LJ06

If Nashville's defense could hold them to 28, you gotta feel like our defense has a chance to do better than that.

LJ06

A win Friday night would move Warren to 40 playoff wins. Puts the Jacks in pretty high company.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on November 21, 2016, 09:26:43 pm
If Nashville's defense could hold them to 28, you gotta feel like our defense has a chance to do better than that.

I agree.

All-State

Burks will have a huge game this Friday ...never been around a kid with so much raw talent.

All-State

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 21, 2016, 07:23:07 pm
He may be the best when it's all said and done, but I'm not sure he will be Friday night. Both games against Stuttgart he was a non factor on offense. It may not be all his fault, he can't throw himself the ball, but I think at this point Jackson is better.

He just wasn't needed much on offense..the game plan was simple to beat Stuttgart. Plus he made up for everything on defense.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 21, 2016, 07:23:07 pm
He may be the best when it's all said and done, but I'm not sure he will be Friday night. Both games against Stuttgart he was a non factor on offense. It may not be all his fault, he can't throw himself the ball, but I think at this point Jackson is better.
Having to be double or triple covered all night seems like he was a huge factor on offense. What was a factor last Friday night was Warren's barrage of holding calls while Stuttgart had zero. I'm not taking anything away from Jackson but you can't say Burks isn't an impact player

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 21, 2016, 11:04:44 pm
Having to be double or triple covered all night seems like he was a huge factor on offense. What was a factor last Friday night was Warren's barrage of holding calls while Stuttgart had zero. I'm not taking anything away from Jackson but you can't say Burks isn't an impact player

Triple covered? Lol. Ok.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 22, 2016, 06:14:22 am
Triple covered? Lol. Ok.
Go back and watch the game. #20 and #24 held him 10yrds down field all night (never called) ,# 3 would be under him if he ran a route inside with a safety over the top, if he ran an out, corner would be underneath with a safety over. So to me that's three sets of eyes on #13, which was good that y'all played it like that cz our RB was only about 60% healthy on the night.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 22, 2016, 08:26:18 am
Go back and watch the game. #20 and #24 held him 10yrds down field all night (never called) ,# 3 would be under him if he ran a route inside with a safety over the top, if he ran an out, corner would be underneath with a safety over. So to me that's three sets of eyes on #13, which was good that y'all played it like that cz our RB was only about 60% healthy on the night.

I'll check it out when I have time. It's just amazing that the Ricebirds even slowed the Lumberjacks offense down if all 3 linebackers were covering a WR.  :D

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 22, 2016, 08:35:52 am
I'll check it out when I have time. It's just amazing that the Ricebirds even slowed the Lumberjacks offense down if all 3 linebackers were covering a WR.  :D

Well the quarterback did run for 173 yards and 2 td. Mostly up the middle.

It was evident that #5 and #13 weren't going to be the ones to beat Stuttgart. They were keyed in on all night.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 22, 2016, 08:35:52 am
I'm not saying that it was that way all night, but he was double covered almost every play.  Stuttgart's d-line was a force, and that's what slowed down Warren. They had gotten really good by the end of the season.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on November 22, 2016, 08:43:34 am
Well the quarterback did run for 173 yards and 2 td. Mostly up the middle.

Yes, but those were called running plays. It's not like he took off running because Burks was covered up. I don't think the linebackers would be "holding" a WR 10 yards downfield on a running play.

As I said Friday night, Lassiter's running ability is your best offensive weapon right now with Daniels hurt. He's a better runner than people think. You guys will really miss him next year IMO.

STUNNA

Heck I've heard from some warren peeps that burks might be better defensively than offensively  :o :o

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on November 22, 2016, 09:16:12 am
Heck I've heard from some warren peeps that burks might be better defensively than offensively  :o :o

He ain't too bad.

JoshuaRug13

BEAST GAME...

This game is by far the best matchup this week.  Warren and Joe T. Robinson are both really good teams.  I am going to give it to the home team in this one.  Warren will be pumped (so will Joe T.) but honestly, this game is about as close to a toss up as it gets...

Warren 31
Joe T. Robinson 28

Semis
PG vs Warren

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 22, 2016, 09:06:26 am
Yes, but those were called running plays. It's not like he took off running because Burks was covered up. I don't think the linebackers would be "holding" a WR 10 yards downfield on a running play.

As I said Friday night, Lassiter's running ability is your best offensive weapon right now with Daniels hurt. He's a better runner than people think. You guys will really miss him next year IMO.

Yes we will, but will likely move Kinnard (#1) to QB. Very good runner as well.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Several of Lasitter's run were RPO's. I promise I'm not insulting the Birds defense. Thought they were the best we've seen this year by far. I was just saying Burks was a factor even with out getting the ball a lot. Heck, the onside kick where most kids fair catch or kneel down, he almost housed it.

LJ06

There are some teams that won Friday night that aren't as good as Stuttgart IMO.

sportsguy80

$aintMaximu$

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 22, 2016, 12:39:54 pm
On this note, what happened in the Stuttgart/Heber game? How did they lose and give up that many points?

Three turnovers in the first half, one led directly to a Heber score, one gave them ball on the 13, and they also ran back a punt. The Birds fumbled inside the Heber 10 yard line as well. Combine that with both running backs being hurt as well as 2 starting linebackers and it led to a perfect storm of crappy play that night.

The "hang your head" when things go bad attitude that they had left after that game and they began to play like they should. Hats off to the coaching staff for that.

Carmine Scarpaglia

AirWarren

Romeo

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on November 22, 2016, 06:55:12 pm
Warren has a 98-15 (87%) record at home under Coach Hembree.

Time to keep it up. We will see what these jacks are made of.

Superjack45

I don't think we will the next man up is not a bad runner either. IJS

AirItOut21

The well isn't drying up anytime soon in Bradley County. I hear the next two are going to be fun to watch

DaytonaDuck

Quote from: Superjack45 on November 22, 2016, 08:03:58 pm
I don't think we will the next man up is not a bad runner either. IJS
. Straight from the mouth of daddy dearest😀

AirWarren

LJ06

Lumberjackfan1978

KASH dba The Lumberjack

AirWarren

Superjack45

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 23, 2016, 11:24:20 am
Average, at best... He's from Warren, he gets no love.
Call It what you want,the young 10th grader has skills and will only get better I can guarantee you that.

STUNNA

Quote from: Superjack45 on November 23, 2016, 07:12:52 pm
Call It what you want,the young 10th grader has skills and will only get better I can guarantee you that.

relax... he wasnt disrespecting...lol

LJ06

It was sarcasm SJ. We all know #1 is a beast already for us.

DaytonaDuck

. No doubt the young man #1 has skills and from what I've seen he has made significant contributions.
Quote from: STUNNA on November 23, 2016, 07:36:47 pm
relax... he wasnt disrespecting...lol
The disrespect was when SJ stated that the present QB wouldn't be missed. Don't disrespect other kids. They are kids and parents need to keep themselves in check even as proud as they are of their children and as good as they are. Let their talent speak.

Jimbo Morphis

miamiskeeter

AirItOut21

Biggest game of the year for Warren and the momma's and daddy's are on here fighting like little kids. Prime example that fearless Friday isn't for everyone.

AirWarren

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Not disrespecting at all. Attempting to be funny by using a quote from the movie " The Other Guys" when one of the guys has a smoking hot wife and he tells his partner "she's average at best".

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Superjack45

Quote from: DaytonaDuck on November 23, 2016, 07:55:17 pm
. No doubt the young man #1 has skills and from what I've seen he has made significant contributions. The disrespect was when SJ stated that the present QB wouldn't be missed. Don't disrespect other kids. They are kids and parents need to keep themselves in check even as proud as they are of their children and as good as they are. Let their talent speak.
Hold on Donald Duck didn't disrespect anybody just said the next man up is a pretty good runner, and nobody can beat me yelling for HL he is a heck of athlete with plenty of heart and no matter what any of you say I love my Jacks. The hold team not just my kid because it is a team sport. But don't get me wrong I love my son and if he is not doing good then I am the first one to let him know. I am not biased toward any of the kids I love the Jacks period point blank and for any one to ? that than you are "Wrong". Hey I knew Kash  was being funny it's just that it was taken the wrong way. So people please get over it we got a game tomorrow.

AirWarren

Superjack45

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas