• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Defense in 4A

Started by 2horsesANDmydog!, November 14, 2016, 09:27:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Coach

Quote from: 2horsesANDmydog! on November 15, 2016, 10:34:46 am
Hamburg have a pretty good kicker with range and accuracy ....special teams is important during very close games. IMO

Def matters in close games. I'd say out of every 5 kickoffs he gets 4 are touch backs. Last week he had 6 touch backs vs Helena. He's a weapon for sure. Also the punter.

Lizard 47

Saw him hit from 48 as a freshman, seen him hit a 52 since then. He is a tremendous asset.

Mr. Mercer

Robinson got only one onside against Nashville, and that was  the first one out of the half. Missed a couple that should of been recovered. Nashville started with the ball at midfield all night. Nashville D played well with a different scheme and personnel. Robinson D also played great and only gave up 1 score on Nashvilles first drive in yhe second half. Def the only team whose been able to slow down the Scrappers

bigchief72455

Gosnell's defense also benefits from a clock draining offense. I think when Pocahontas junior high played them the Pokey offense only had the ball 4 times the whole game. The Sr. High is about the same. Long clock running drives. They do have a good defense but it definitely benefits from their offense.

prHOG13

Quote from: Lizard 47 on November 15, 2016, 11:03:55 am
Saw him hit from 48 as a freshman, seen him hit a 52 since then. He is a tremendous asset.
Arkadelphia's kicker was legit too. Kicks were either to the goal line or touchbacks. During half time he attempted a 60 yarder at the request of our student section and it barely came up short.

scrapman

Quote from: Little Bear on November 15, 2016, 08:06:49 am
This doesn't mean much.   These teams put in backups usually in the 3rd and 4th qtr and run very basic offensive plays out of respect for the other coaches and teams.    I think we all agree that if the 1's played the entire game and tried to score as many points as possible there would be some scores in the hundreds.      IMO Nashville is head and shoulders the best team in 4A     after that you have about 3-4 that are next in line and about 7-8 that are capable on any given Friday night.
Here is the crazy stat.....Nashville has scored 472 points in the 1sr half of games and 144 in second half of games this year. 3 games this year they did not score in the second half and 3 more they only scored 7 in the second half.....only 5 games this year have they scored more than 1 time in the second half.....I'm saying in the hundreds is a pretty fair statement.

x14113

Quote from: SouthsideSouthernerDad on November 15, 2016, 08:11:04 am
Ozark has only allowed 196
21 + 6 + 30 + 0 + 14 + 0 + 6 + 21 + 17 + 29 + 22 = 166

(Don't look at the conf. PA stat. I've no idea where those #s are coming from.)

Negan4Life91

And the hillbillies have like thirty something take always this season

RyanLR

Quote from: Lizard 47 on November 15, 2016, 10:02:55 am
Why so many inside kicks vs Robinson? Lol. We would have just booted it through the endzone.
Onside kicking against Robinson is a pretty good idea because if you DON'T get it out of the end zone Jackson and Page can take it to the house in the blink of an eye. That's the only game that I know of that Nashville had to actually play four quarters all season. Batesville Southside has a really good defense but they will be tested Friday. And it's going to be a gigantic crowd in West Little Rock.

scrapdawgof06

Quote from: Lizard 47 on November 15, 2016, 10:40:41 am
Lizards do have the best kicker. And if he doesn't make the end zone and you break it open he will form you up too! Love that guy!

So you guys have the Penn State kicker?

STUNNA

Quote from: RyanLR on November 16, 2016, 04:25:45 am
Onside kicking against Robinson is a pretty good idea because if you DON'T get it out of the end zone Jackson and Page can take it to the house in the blink of an eye. That's the only game that I know of that Nashville had to actually play four quarters all season. Batesville Southside has a really good defense but they will be tested Friday. And it's going to be a gigantic crowd in West Little Rock.

Nashville had to play all four against Ashdown

polksalet

Lizard 47

Quote from: scrapdawgof06 on November 16, 2016, 08:20:16 am
So you guys have the Penn State kicker?
No we have the DARDANELLE kicker and I don't think I like where you're trying to go with that.

PiratePride03

Unless you've seen Temo kick,  you should keep your mouth shut.   That kid is a beast.  I do not agree with Dardanelle's punting strategy, but I'd take Mr. Temo Martinez over any kicker in the state.

The Coach

Big Fan

Quote from: MUFASA #2 on November 15, 2016, 08:35:25 am
POINTS ALLOWED THIS SEASON
1. PG 130
2. Dardy 141
3. GOSNELL 143
4. ROBINSON 160
5. PEA RIDGE 177
6. BATESVILLE 182
7. SHILOH 191
8. OZARK 196
9. WARREN 222
10. HAMBURG 235
11. RICEBIRDS 238
12. DUMAS 252
13. GRAVETTE 269
14. CAC 273
15. HEBER 279
16. NASHVILLE 280

Monticello gave up 214 points in 10 games with no real offense to help the D out and played some pretty potent offenses in warren, Ashdown, Hamburg, Dumas etc....just say'n.

LJ06

Quote from: Big Fan on November 16, 2016, 06:32:08 pm
Monticello gave up 214 points in 10 games with no real offense to help the D out and played some pretty potent offenses in warren, Ashdown, Hamburg, Dumas etc....just say'n.

Monticello's defense was salty. If they had an O to go with it, it could have been a fun year for the billies.

Big Fan

Quote from: LJ06 on November 16, 2016, 06:53:34 pm
Monticello's defense was salty. If they had an O to go with it, it could have been a fun year for the billies.
Eight or 9 of that D comes back, as well as majority of the O for what it's worth.

LJ06

Quote from: Big Fan on November 16, 2016, 07:09:38 pm
Eight or 9 of that D comes back, as well as majority of the O for what it's worth.

Gonna need some kind of weapon to come along on O. Not a whole lot there IMO. Defense however, is fantastic.

Negan4Life91

Timo is good he was putting it in the end zone all night and ashdowns kicker was good as well he did the same thing

Big Fan

Quote from: LJ06 on November 16, 2016, 07:24:39 pm
Gonna need some kind of weapon to come along on O. Not a whole lot there IMO. Defense however, is fantastic.
Well noted LJ.

Big Fan

Quote from: Big Fan on November 16, 2016, 08:06:49 pm
Well noted LJ.
Well noted, but we are kicking your butt next year anyway!! 

LJ06

Quote from: Big Fan on November 16, 2016, 08:14:39 pm

Uh huh...sure...that trophy is on lock down. Btw would that thing been up for grabs again if we had met in round 2? Haha

Big Fan

Good question, somebody needs to write that into the rules. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on November 16, 2016, 08:14:39 pm

Now now haha.

cuckoobird

That weak non conference schedule and the 7-4a being a joke didn't help that mighty scrapper offense any

2horsesANDmydog!

Nashville really missed that D1 receiver tonight. Condolences to the lost of his grandmother.

AirWarren

Quote from: 2horsesANDmydog! on November 18, 2016, 09:48:37 pm
Nashville really missed that D1 receiver tonight. Condolences to the lost of his grandmother.

Condolences.

But Nashville needed a defense all year. Pea ridge just so happened to expose them.

Marblehog

2horsesANDmydog!

Quote from: AirWarren on November 18, 2016, 09:50:12 pm
Condolences.

But Nashville needed a defense all year. Pea ridge just so happened to expose them.
They set a team record for the year tonight with dropped passes and interceptions.

Ole Legend

Quote from: 2horsesANDmydog! on November 18, 2016, 10:09:08 pm
They set a team record for the year tonight with dropped passes and interceptions.

Here come the excuses

RyanLR

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 18, 2016, 09:44:03 pm
That weak non conference schedule and the 7-4a being a joke didn't help that mighty scrapper offense any
I've seen you say that the "7-4A is a joke" many times, but I don't think the conference they play in has anything to do with these particular games. Ashdown lost by a point. Arkadelphia lost by 6. CAC was up two touchdowns and got a pick 7 to beat Mena 42-21. Nashville laid an egg tonight and Pea Ridge had a perfect game plan. This is playoff football, crazy games can and do happen. To throw a whole conference into the "garbage" is a real insult to those kids and communities.

Mufasa

November 19, 2016, 02:39:48 am #82 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 02:42:51 am by Mufasa
Quote from: RyanLR on November 19, 2016, 12:30:00 am
. To throw a whole conference into the "garbage" is a real insult to those kids and communities.
I believe that was his goal. Tear him up Ryan. Lol

cuckoobird

All we've heard all year is how the 7-4a is the SEC west. It's a joke and more like the ACC with no defense

HBG PRIDE

I said about 2 or 3 weeks ago that Nashville would not win state...I have seen the same thing all year all Offense and very little Defense.

Negan4Life91

I took time to look at some stats and some film and the team with the best defense is the Northeast Arkansas Refs those guys are good phew I mean wow.

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 18, 2016, 09:44:03 pm
Joke huh...you know what's funnier than the 74a....having  10 losses over the last 2 years....hahahahaaahhha

cuckoobird

No what's even a bigger joke? The fact that you guys think you're so great but you still don't have more state championships than a few teams in the league

RyanLR

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 19, 2016, 12:40:41 pm
No what's even a bigger joke? The fact that you guys think you're so great but you still don't have more state championships than a few teams in the league
Somebody needs a hug.

bilboswaggins

bigchief72455

Nashville's loss was a shocker. I am sure those kids at not garbage. A 26 game win streak is not a fluke. That being said there had been quite a number of Scrapper fans pounding their chests and bragging about rings. I love trash talk just as much as the rest and have had to eat fair share of crow. Today just happens to be you guys day to eat up. We all know that it's not the end of Nashville's run for a title. It's just the end of this year.

Youknowwhothisis

POINTS ALLOWED THIS SEASON
1. PG 143 (1)
2. GOSNELL 157 (3)
3. DARDY 169 (2)
4. ROBINSON 173 (4)
5. SHILOH 198 (7)
6. PEA RIDGE 215 (5)
7. WARREN 236 (9)
8. HAMBURG 245 (10)

6 of the top 7 from last week won

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas