• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Travel distance Week 2.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, November 12, 2016, 05:41:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

November 12, 2016, 05:41:31 am Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 07:23:45 am by Proud Buckaroo
Shiloh Christian: 3 h 19 min (206.2 mi)
Dumas: 2 h 29 min (162.2 mi)
Pea Ridge: 4 h 13 min (236.1 mi)
Gravette: 5 h 19 min (348.0 mi)
CAC: 2 h 41 min (181.5 mi)
Ozark: 4 h 21 min (274.6 mi)
Stuttgart: 1 h 30 min (80.4 mi)
Batesville SS: 1 h 23 min (89.5 mi)

Proud Buckaroo

Double check me and make sure I got the right teams traveling. I went off the brackets that was on maxpreps.

LJ06

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 12, 2016, 06:57:24 am
Double check me and make sure I got the right teams traveling. I went off the brackets that was on maxpreps.

Gravette travels to Hamburg

LeftBench

Proud Buckaroo

G-Town38

I don't think that 2 schools in this state could be further away from each other than Gravette and Hamburg. Extreme Northwest to extreme Southeast.

hoskinsplace

Bracket on main page says Gravette plays Highland. I know this isnt correct, is it?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: hoskinsplace on November 12, 2016, 07:37:27 am
Bracket on main page says Gravette plays Highland. I know this isnt correct, is it?

Someone reported the wrong score on maxpreps. They reported that Highland won. It should be corrected when/if someone reports the score to be incorrect.

Hamburg won last night.

LJ06

Quote from: hoskinsplace on November 12, 2016, 07:37:27 am

Heck no Highland got drummed

hoskinsplace

Look it also says that on max preps. Someone has put the scores in backwards apparently.

GHS_08

November 12, 2016, 09:34:44 am #10 Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 09:36:36 am by GHS_08
Quote from: G-Town38 on November 12, 2016, 07:30:57 am
I don't think that 2 schools in this state could be further away from each other than Gravette and Hamburg. Extreme Northwest to extreme Southeast.

Gosnell traveled to Prarie Grove in 2005. 5 hrs 29 min 376 Miles

NEAfootball

An left the day before the game it was so far of a travel. That was a 1st round game that Gosnell upset Prairie Grove as a 4 seed by 40plus points.

GHS_08

Quote from: NEAfootball on November 15, 2016, 04:15:13 pm
An left the day before the game it was so far of a travel. That was a 1st round game that Gosnell upset Prairie Grove as a 4 seed by 40plus points.

Ryan Humphrey had 5 rushing touchdowns in the first half.

NEAfootball

Yes Hump finished with a 1,000 yards rushing that season in only 5 games at HB after Clint went down. Recovering two inside kicks to start the game and go up 28-0 in first quarter tends to make things snowball.

x14113

Gosnell could very well be the most distant 4A school for Ozark ATM.

The time and distance listed is for a route that takes you through Vilonia, Newport, and Jonesboro, a path that has only recently become viable. If you stick to I-40 and I-55 (as we did back in '98), you'll be logging even more miles.

Negan4Life91

Ozark is heading up Thursday night so come game day we will be well rested

beach bum

November 15, 2016, 10:15:12 pm #16 Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 10:20:26 pm by beach bum
Quote from: GHS_08 on November 12, 2016, 09:34:44 am
Gosnell traveled to Prarie Grove in 2005. 5 hrs 29 min 376 Miles

Don't remind us PG faithful about that night.... You guys rushed for almost 700 yards. I am not kidding either it really was like 650+ on the ground. And when you look at Gosnell you really are tucked way up there in the corner. Add in there is no quick way through the hills of north Arkansas and that makes for long trips for Gosnell every postseason when they are the road team if ever headed to the 1-4A! Gosnell scored over 60 points too because we kept keeping the score just under the mercy rule the entire 2nd half and you guys would gash another 70 yards rushing each drive. We would have been better off letting you guys get to the mercy rule which sounds weird.

NEAfootball

Right now with construction on Hwy 18 from Jonesboro to Gosnell it's still not great. However, if you're coming the night before I would highly reccomend staying in Jonesboro then driving on to Gosnell. The choices of practice facility, food places and hotels is 100x better. With the new highway to Jonesboro its no time from Jonesboro to Little Rock now.

NEAfootball

Quote from: beach bum on November 15, 2016, 10:15:12 pm
Don't remind us PG faithful about that night.... You guys rushed for almost 700 yards. I am not kidding either it really was like 650+ on the ground. And when you look at Gosnell you really are tucked way up there in the corner. Add in there is no quick way through the hills of north Arkansas and that makes for long trips for Gosnell every postseason when they are the road team if ever headed to the 1-4A! Gosnell scored over 60 points too because we kept keeping the score just under the mercy rule the entire 2nd half and you guys would gash another 70 yards rushing each drive. We would have been better off letting you guys get to the mercy rule which sounds weird.
If I remember correctly PG had two big injuries in that game to a DT and MLB both of which were big time players on defense. I remember our coaching staff reading the paper the morning before the game and got super excited when the PG coach was quoted as,"we feel like we can make educated guesses as to where the ball is going." However, those two guys don't get hurt early it's probably a lot closer ball game.

Missco

Arkansas is almost the only state that doesn't do playoffs by regions. Missouri and Tennessee do it in ways that make more sense. In Arkansas put 2AAAA with 3AAAA. Put the 1 and 4 together and 8 and 7. Problems solved. Arkansas really only needs 5 football classes also and 4 or 5 in basketball tops.

cuckoobird

You would never get the best two teams doing it that way. You rarely do now

Missco

You have to beat them all anyway. That is how almost every state in the union does it. A solution in Arkansas would go back to 8 conferences. 1 and 4 2 and 3. 5 and 7 6 and 8. That solves your problem. Winner of 1,4 plays winner of 5and 7. Problem solved

NEAfootball

If they went regional based then extra teams in the playoffs isn't horrible I don't agree with rewarding mediocre teams but at least it cuts down on useless games somewhat. I still will never fully be onboard with a team having a losing record in the playoffs. An I completely agree before long we will have Class 10A and 8 teams playing round robins for state championships. I think Arkansas only has around 150 teams in all classifications.

Missco

Arkansas has around 225 football schools.

SUGARTOWN

You'd still have long trips even with regional playoff pairings. Heck, some schools have 2 hour or more trips in CONFERENCE games.

Negan4Life91

Quote from: NEAfootball on November 16, 2016, 01:11:57 am
Right now with construction on Hwy 18 from Jonesboro to Gosnell it's still not great. However, if you're coming the night before I would
 highly reccomend staying in Jonesboro then driving on to Gosnell. The choices of practice facility, food places and hotels is 100x better. With the new highway to Jonesboro its no time from Jonesboro to Little Rock now.
I have no idea which way the hillbillies are coming up but I'm coming up around one on Friday and I'm going through west Memphis it seems closer that way

Youknowwhothisis

What's the distances this week? I know Hamburg is making a farther trip than Gravette did last week

GHS_08

Gosnell to Prarie Grove is 5 hours 28 minutes 343 miles

LJ06

Quote from: GHS_08 on November 22, 2016, 04:20:33 pm
Gosnell to Prarie Grove is 5 hours 28 minutes 343 miles

That's ridiculous

prHOG13

Hamburg to Pea Ridge is 337 miles, or 5 hours and 10 minutes

bulldoghistorian

No team should ever have to travel that far especially the day after thanksgiving. It is what it is, though.

hoskinsplace

Agreed these travel times the day after a holiday are tough. Gosnell will have a long trip to over come and so will several others. Wish AAA would play the games on Saturday this weekend every year just to be fair to the ones who do have to travel. No pity party needed or wanted, just stating a fact,that it would be better for all teams that play this year or any year on the holiday weekend.

spoony gluv

Quote from: Missco on November 16, 2016, 12:00:47 pm
Arkansas is almost the only state that doesn't do playoffs by regions. Missouri and Tennessee do it in ways that make more sense. In Arkansas put 2AAAA with 3AAAA. Put the 1 and 4 together and 8 and 7. Problems solved. Arkansas really only needs 5 football classes also and 4 or 5 in basketball tops.
this was actually the format up until the early 2000s, The traditionally more athletic conferences, 7aaaa and 8aaaa, lobbied to change it arguing that they were eliminating one another in the early rounds and diluting the quality of teams in the semis and finals. The charge was led by Nashville primarily, so it got changed.

Missco

Arkansas does things  backwards. In most states ceetain area's are always stronger that doesnt make their associations change things to satisfy a few school's. Gates would be higher with that format. You still have to win them all to be state champs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas