• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ozark @ gosnell 2nd round

Started by Negan4Life91, November 11, 2016, 10:28:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pine-ryder

GHS_08

There may not be 4 touchdowns combined tonight's

GHS_08

Gosnell will make their first trip  the quarterfinals since the #1 vs #2 showdown with Warren in 2004

bigchief72455

Quote from: GHS_08 on November 18, 2016, 09:47:15 pm
Gosnell will make their first trip  the quarterfinals since the #1 vs #2 showdown with Warren in 2004
Nice job guys. Represent.

Pokey03

coach_r

Negan4Life91

I just hope those refs stay home or prairie grove will be in for a long night! I mean three missed off sides two holdings not called gosnell fumbled twice Ozark recovered both but gosnell got them back and the right tackle moving early off the line almost every time they before they snapped the ball! The refs were horrible but who cares good luck gosnell you have a good program but you're going to need all the luck you can get this coming Friday.

Lizard 47

Dang it Ozark, I even sent y'all a good luck post. Oh well, you still get props for knocking off Ashdown. Work hard in the off season, see y'all next year.

GHS_08

Quote from: Negan4Life91 on November 19, 2016, 09:19:50 am
I just hope those refs stay home or prairie grove will be in for a long night! I mean three missed off sides two holdings not called gosnell fumbled twice Ozark recovered both but gosnell got them back and the right tackle moving early off the line almost every time they before they snapped the ball! The refs were horrible but who cares good luck gosnell you have a good program but you're going to need all the luck you can get this coming Friday.

Refs were terrible against Huntsville last week too.

PiratePride03

Sucks when refs influence the outcome of an important game huh Negan?

Negan4Life91

Hey pirate who won the Ozark dover game this year? Oh and actually made it to the second round this year? And I meant no disrespect to gosnell they are good but those refs weren't going to let us even come close to winning I'm sorry for the disrespect good luck next week .

bodycounTT

Quote from: Negan4Life91 on November 19, 2016, 10:39:16 am
Hey pirate who won the Ozark dover game this year? Oh and actually made it to the second round this year? And I meant no disrespect to gosnell they are good but those refs weren't going to let us even come close to winning I'm sorry for the disrespect good luck next week .

There were a few questionable calls that went Ozarks way too. Last play before the half, the defender tackled the Gosnell receiver on the five while the ball was in the air. Clear pass interference, but no call. Also the multiple facemask tackles that weren't called. Most notably coming out of the half and there was a blatant facemask but they called the play null for no apparent reason. Along with holding penalties on the Ozark Oline that weren't called. YES the referee crew was horrible last night. HOWEVER it was not just a vendetta against Ozark. It went both ways.

Now lets talk about how much of a hard hitting game that was last night. Multiple times I was excited from the licks by both teams. #32 from Ozark was a head hunter, definitely impressed by him and the entire Ozark defense. Hope #10 and #11 are okay today, looked like #10 got knocked out at one point.

Which leads me to my next point. High praise for the Ozark team as a whole, especially the defense that every time a player, from either team, was down they came together and appeared to pray for the player. Very classy, one proud fan here. 

Negan4Life91

I tell ya if it werent for that stinking #5 and #34 it would be a different story lol jkjk those guys are beasts and yeah 10 and 11 are fine 11 has been hurt all season and 10 got hurt against ashdown but when are team faces adversity they shut down no offense at all but at least one of those fumbles should have been ours after the ref gave y'all the ball back our team quit they played like the first two weeks team that we had.

bodycounTT

Idk about the fumble. I will say it was real close, I thought it could've gone either way. But when you're on the road at any time, and a play like that happens on the home sideline, it's more often than not going to be given to the home team. Happens like that all the time. One stat that was crazy was the T.O.P for the third quarter.

Gosnell 11:01
Ozark     0:59

Game changer right there.

The Coach

Lizard 47

Chill out Negan, we all deal with this stuff. It is unfortunately a part of the game we have to overcome or at least live with. Two years ago a flag cost is the whole enchilada, yes it still sucks, but no it aint gonna change.

Negan4Life91

I don't really care about the flags the refs giving gosnell the ball back off of fumbles that we clearly had is what did us in! They fumbled twice and we recovered them both time and the refs gave them right back! There was a strip fumble off the qb that our corner picked up and the qb never touched the ground no whistle blew at all the refs gave gosnell the ball back because of a flag on gosnell AFTER the fumble

GHS_08

Quote from: Negan4Life91 on November 19, 2016, 12:38:51 pm
I don't really care about the flags the refs giving gosnell the ball back off of fumbles that we clearly had is what did us in! They fumbled twice and we recovered them both time and the refs gave them right back! There was a strip fumble off the qb that our corner picked up and the qb never touched the ground no whistle blew at all the refs gave gosnell the ball back because of a flag on gosnell AFTER the fumble

No that is not what happened on that fumble.

PiratePride03

Next time, tell your coach to put the JV in.  They always get the calls!

Negan4Life91

That is what happened! I was there I seen it with my own eyes.

GHS_08

And I was on the sideline. White hat tried to stop the play before it started.

PiratePride03

That's what's called the TRUMP CARD lol

TBone70

Congrats Gosnell, way to rep Northeast Arkansas 3-4A

TurfToe

Quote from: bodycounTT on November 19, 2016, 11:11:33 am
Idk about the fumble. I will say it was real close, I thought it could've gone either way. But when you're on the road at any time, and a play like that happens on the home sideline, it's more often than not going to be given to the home team. Happens like that all the time. One stat that was crazy was the T.O.P for the third quarter.

Gosnell 11:01
Ozark     0:59

Game changer right there.

Yes, I agree 100%. The 3rd quarter sealed the deal for Gosnell. I knew if Ozark's defense was on the field for most of the quarter the outcome would not be good. In fact, I told the guy next to me that we needed to stop Gosnell in a hurry and get the ball back. I also said if they used most of the quarter and scored then Ozark would most likely lose the game.

Also, I really wish Ozark fans would stop blaming the refs for EVERY SINGLE LOSS!!!!! Bad calls happen every single game all season. If you want to win, line up every Friday night and beat the other team so bad that the refs are a non-issue. I am a lifelong Hillbilly but at this point, the fans whining about the refs is really getting old.

Anyway, I made the long drive over there and back. Wish the outcome would have been different but it is what it is. Probably go watch the other Franklin County team play this Friday night just because I am not ready for football to be over yet. At least Dardanelle is still in it from the 4-4A.

bodycounTT

Quote from: TurfToe on November 21, 2016, 09:53:02 am
Yes, I agree 100%. The 3rd quarter sealed the deal for Gosnell. I knew if Ozark's defense was on the field for most of the quarter the outcome would not be good. In fact, I told the guy next to me that we needed to stop Gosnell in a hurry and get the ball back. I also said if they used most of the quarter and scored then Ozark would most likely lose the game.

Also, I really wish Ozark fans would stop blaming the refs for EVERY SINGLE LOSS!!!!! Bad calls happen every single game all season. If you want to win, line up every Friday night and beat the other team so bad that the refs are a non-issue. I am a lifelong Hillbilly but at this point, the fans whining about the refs is really getting old.

Anyway, I made the long drive over there and back. Wish the outcome would have been different but it is what it is. Probably go watch the other Franklin County team play this Friday night just because I am not ready for football to be over yet. At least Dardanelle is still in it from the 4-4A.

Glad you made the round trip safely! Hope you enjoyed your visit (besides the outcome of the game).

TurfToe

Quote from: bodycounTT on November 21, 2016, 11:44:34 pm
Glad you made the round trip safely! Hope you enjoyed your visit (besides the outcome of the game).

Thank you! It made for a very long day. Probably will not make another trip like that unless I have a child on the team.  :) I love some high school football but those 10 hours on the road are a killer.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas