• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ozark @ gosnell 2nd round

Started by Negan4Life91, November 11, 2016, 10:28:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Negan4Life91

After and impressive come from behind victory by the hillbillies can they take the grueling four hour trip up north to play a very good gosnell team so who do you have
Ozark 28
Gosnell 21

beach bum

I will keep the 1 point theme alive and say Ozark 28-27

Ghs21

Missco

Gosnell by 6. Pirates match-up with Ozark better than they would have Ashdown.

hoskinsplace

I will have to agree with ya missco.

Sports Guru

The Playoff bracket has it that Gosnell has Won this game over Ozark 88-86 in 4 OT's

Redskin2015

NEAfootball

Pokey03

Good luck to the Pirates, only team left in 3-4a. Hope you guys make a deep run

beach bum

November 12, 2016, 08:47:18 pm #9 Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 08:48:52 pm by beach bum
Picking against the Hillbillies seems to be the wrong thing to do as they keep proving everyone wrong. I would like to see Ozark win. I enjoyed them in their 4 year span in the 1-4A and would like to see a PG/Ozark game again! That is why I will ultimately lay my prediction with Ozark by 1 even though Gosnell may be the slightly better team.

Negan4Life91

Defensive wise we may have the slight edge but the kids aren't underestimating Gosnell they know what the pirates can bring to the table but just remember they weren't supposed to beat Pottsville and did and they weren't supposed to beat ashdown but did so only time will tell we have road woes this season but its the playoffs its a new season per say whoever wants it the most will take the win to P.G. the next week.

Sigmund Sauer

Ozark should win the most improved 4A team award at least. I've been impressed by them these last few weeks after some changes they made. Rooting for the 4A-4, hoping they stay alive. Ozark by 6.

Negan4Life91

hoskinsplace

Prairie Grove has to get past a very determined CAC this week. CAC vs PG could go either way I think. Just a thought and Just my opinion. Could be that CAC has to make a road trip if they win and depending on  the out come of this Gosnell vs Ozark game.

Little Bear

Gosnell has trouble with Ozark's defense.  If Ozark can catch a break or a couple turnovers they can win.   

TurfToe

It looks like Gosnell is the only 3-4A team left in the playoffs after week 1. What gives here? Is the conference down in general?

I think Ozark has a great chance to win but a few factors will have to go in their favor. 1.) The long bus ride across the state. How will that affect the team? 2.) Mistakes/Turnovers. Ozark played a very good game against Ashdown and made very few mistakes. Whoever wins the turnover battle should be favored. 3.) Which team wants it more? The size of both rosters looks similar with Gosnell having the slight advantage. 5.) Any injuries after week 1 playoff games? I know the Ozark boys woke up Saturday morning knowing they had played one heck of a physical game on Friday night. Don't know of anyone that was injured though.

I think Ozark has greatly improved all season and is now proving they are battle tested and ready for the playoffs. The youth still shows at times, but I have to pull for my hometown Hillbillies on the road.

bigchief72455

Quote from: TurfToe on November 14, 2016, 10:49:42 am
It looks like Gosnell is the only 3-4A team left in the playoffs after week 1. What gives here? Is the conference down in general?

I think Ozark has a great chance to win but a few factors will have to go in their favor. 1.) The long bus ride across the state. How will that affect the team? 2.) Mistakes/Turnovers. Ozark played a very good game against Ashdown and made very few mistakes. Whoever wins the turnover battle should be favored. 3.) Which team wants it more? The size of both rosters looks similar with Gosnell having the slight advantage. 5.) Any injuries after week 1 playoff games? I know the Ozark boys woke up Saturday morning knowing they had played one heck of a physical game on Friday night. Don't know of anyone that was injured though.

I think Ozark has greatly improved all season and is now proving they are battle tested and ready for the playoffs. The youth still shows at times, but I have to pull for my hometown Hillbillies on the road.
Pocahontas ran into an injury problem the week of the game. Did not help at all. But these type of things just happen.

NEAfootball

Quote from: Little Bear on November 13, 2016, 08:44:59 pm
Gosnell has trouble with Ozark's defense.  If Ozark can catch a break or a couple turnovers they can win.

In no way does Gosnell have trouble with Ozark running a 5 man front defense. In fact, Gosnell is more likely to have trouble with Dietz scrambling on pass plays for big gains. This will be a close game I'm picking Gosnell by 5 but either team could win this one.

ISU7

TurfToe

It looks like Friday will be my first trip to Gosnell, AR. I sure hope after using vacation time, enduring the long drive both ways, and sacrificing my Saturday morning deer hunt, that both teams play a good, clean, mistake-free football game. I would rather watch a loss in a good hard fought battle than see one team shoot themselves in the foot from the opening kickoff.

NEAfootball

November 15, 2016, 03:39:43 pm #20 Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 03:41:40 pm by NEAfootball
Quote from: TurfToe on November 15, 2016, 11:54:35 am
It looks like Friday will be my first trip to Gosnell, AR. I sure hope after using vacation time, enduring the long drive both ways, and sacrificing my Saturday morning deer hunt, that both teams play a good, clean, mistake-free football game. I would rather watch a loss in a good hard fought battle than see one team shoot themselves in the foot from the opening kickoff.

Both teams are young if that does happen will make for a great football game.
Also fearless Friday is wrong this is not the first meeting between the two schools in football. They played in quarterfinals in 98 at Gosnell

Missco

If memory serves me right, Gosnell beat Ozark that year and lost in the semi-finals the next week against McGhee.

Negan4Life91

That was 98 most of the boys on both these team weren't even born yet lol

NEAfootball

Quote from: Negan4Life91 on November 15, 2016, 03:52:23 pm
That was 98 most of the boys on both these team weren't even born yet lol

No, I agree it has nothing to do with this game I am simply pointing out the fact fearless Friday shows it's the first meeting between these two teams. It has absolutely no barring on this game just pointing out the misinformation.

Negan4Life91

Yeah I just go to hootens though he's not always right but fearless has or had gosnell beating 88-86 in overtime lol if that's the case congrats to the pirates and I've always wondered what a 10 overtime highschool game would be like lol

bigchief72455

Quote from: TurfToe on November 15, 2016, 11:54:35 am
They have a nice turf field. The visitors seating ins't that great. It will be surrounded by trucks. The home people back their trucks up to the fence and watch from the backs of their trucks. They also have a sweet rap song that plays at the beginning of the game that is all about their team.

GHS_08

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 16, 2016, 07:40:26 am
They have a nice turf field. The visitors seating ins't that great. It will be surrounded by trucks. The home people back their trucks up to the fence and watch from the backs of their trucks. They also have a sweet rap song that plays at the beginning of the game that is all about their team.

They don't play that song anymore

bigchief72455

TBone70

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 16, 2016, 08:30:17 am
Dang that was my favorite part.
Do they still have that Biased announcer. He use to get on my nerves. especially when we were getting beat. lol
But I am all for Gosnell this year. I am most impressed with there defense. Take a look at there stats
"Defense win Championships"

GHS_08

Quote from: TBone70 on November 16, 2016, 09:20:27 am
Do they still have that Biased announcer. He use to get on my nerves. especially when we were getting beat. lol
But I am all for Gosnell this year. I am most impressed with there defense. Take a look at there stats
"Defense win Championships"

I think the numbers are skewed because of us going back to the double wing offense. 2014 defense was bigger and stronger.

TBone70

Quote from: GHS_08 on November 16, 2016, 10:25:33 am
I think the numbers are skewed because of us going back to the double wing offense. 2014 defense was bigger and stronger.
I know, But while watching you play Highland as the game progressed I was saying to myself "darn their defense is good" It stood out like a sore thumb. Just my opinion.

TurfToe

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 16, 2016, 07:40:26 am
So the home crowd just backs their vehicles up to the fence to watch the game instead of paying admission to actually go into the stadium? It's the playoffs! Who wants to watch from outside the stadium? Either way I will be inside, standing or sitting, or whatever it takes.

The great thing about the playoffs is making these trips and playing these teams that you haven't played in nearly 20 years. Anything can happen at any time to change the outcome of the game. Hoping for a good, clean, and injury-free game for both teams.

Negan4Life91

Yeah it looks a lot lot our turf just different mascot and colored endzones lol but yeah looking forward to the atmosphere up there friday

GHS_08

Quote from: TurfToe on November 16, 2016, 10:55:51 am
So the home crowd just backs their vehicles up to the fence to watch the game instead of paying admission to actually go into the stadium? It's the playoffs! Who wants to watch from outside the stadium? Either way I will be inside, standing or sitting, or whatever it takes.

The great thing about the playoffs is making these trips and playing these teams that you haven't played in nearly 20 years. Anything can happen at any time to change the outcome of the game. Hoping for a good, clean, and injury-free game for both teams.

No they have to pay to get in.
The visitors stands are right across from the junior high buildings so their are parking spaces along both sides of the stands. They just back their trucks up to te fence line, which is on the edge of the track.

bigchief72455

Quote from: GHS_08 on November 16, 2016, 12:41:33 pm
No they have to pay to get in.
The visitors stands are right across from the junior high buildings so their are parking spaces along both sides of the stands. They just back their trucks up to te fence line, which is on the edge of the track.
We didn't have enough room when we went but Pocahontas usually has a pretty big road crowd.

Missco

November 16, 2016, 03:57:52 pm #35 Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 04:00:57 pm by Missco
Gosnell should put in some more visitors bleachers 

TurfToe

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 16, 2016, 12:48:34 pm
We didn't have enough room when we went but Pocahontas usually has a pretty big road crowd.
I feel Ozark will travel well for this game. I know several that are going that have no ties to the team at all. It will be much more than just parents at the game.

I hear the weather forecast is not looking too great around game time. Hopefully that doesn't keep the Hillbillies from traveling well!

Jabali

Ozark still have the Hillbilly that fires the gun after they score?

Negan4Life91

Quote from: Jabali on November 16, 2016, 06:22:10 pm
yeah but he rarely does away games he might now since its playoffs

Jabali

Quote from: Negan4Life91 on November 16, 2016, 07:34:25 pm
yeah but he rarely does away games he might now since its playoffs
Cool. The Hillbillies also need a recording of a mule braying to play over the intercom for when they cross mid field. That and having the fight song "Indian War Whoop" (Floyd Ming and his Pep Steppers) would have the opposition crapping persimmon seeds!

Negan4Life91

Quote from: Jabali on November 16, 2016, 08:23:45 pm
Cool. The Hillbillies also need a recording of a mule braying to play over the intercom for when they cross mid field. That and having the fight song "Indian War Whoop" (Floyd Ming and his Pep Steppers) would have the opposition crapping persimmon seeds!

during kickoffs we usually play we ready. Through the game when we are tied or winning we play will you be my girl and some other music

Ghs21

Should be a great game!  Gosnells defense this year has been outstanding especially their passing defense. I'll go with the Pirates at home 34 to 24

TurfToe

Quote from: Jabali on November 16, 2016, 06:22:10 pm

Yes, he is still at the home games and fires the gun. I believe most of the away teams will not let him bring the gun (or maybe he doesn't take it just to be safe). He usually just has a stick with a Hillbilly flag on it at the away games.

Too much political correctness in the world when you have to dumb your mascot down for away games....but it is what it is.

GHS_08

Gosnell used to fire off a "cannon" after every score and it could be heard 5 miles away. Wish they still did it. I bet it was very intimidating to the other team.

NEAfootball

The playoff game in 98 sounded like a war when the teams combined for 90 points.

Lizard 47

November 18, 2016, 07:29:59 am #45 Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:39:54 am by Lizard 47
Dardanelle used to do the cannon, I miss it as well. Now we have a 162 member band playing the fight song. It works but would be better following a big boom.

Negan4Life91

Lizard 47

Good luck Ozark! Represent the 4-4A! Lets keep it going!

GHS_08

Looks like it's gonna be a cold wet one.

adaptedtigerfan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas