• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2nd Round - Nashville vs Pea Ridge

Started by ~WPS~, November 11, 2016, 09:25:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

November 11, 2016, 09:25:54 pm Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 12:47:18 am by ~WPS~
Nashville Scrappers vs. Pea Ridge Blackhawks
Scrapper Stadium, Nashville, AR
November 18, 2016 @ 7:00 PM

Video:  http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/nashville-high-school-nashville-ar
Audio:  www.southwestarkansasradio.com

Nashville Scrappers
Head Coach: Mike Volarvich
Record at Nashville: 26-0 (2nd Year)
2016 Record:  11-0
2016 Conf. Record:  7-0 (1st 7-4A)
Last Week:  Won 49-7 vs Dover
Offense:  Spread
Defense:  3-4
PPG Scored:  56.8
PPG Allowed:  25.5
2015 Playoffs:  5-0 (State Champion)
Playoff Record:  80-29

Pea Ridge Blackhawks
Head Coach:  Stephen Neal
Record at Pea Ridge:  10-1 (1st Year)
2016 Record:  10-1
2016 Conf. Record:  6-1 (2nd 1-4A)
Last Week:  Won 30-24 vs Arkadelphia
Offense:  Multiple
Defense:  4-2
PPG Scored:  39
PPG Allowed:  16.1
2015 Playoffs:  3-1 (Semifinals)
Playoff Record:  8-16

Team Stats
Passing
Nashville:  231.0 YPG
Pea Ridge:  125.6 YPG

Rushing
Nashville:  293.7 YPG
Pea Ridge:  220.5 YPG

Total
Nashville:  524.7 YPG
Pea Ridge:  346.1 YPG

Individual Stats
Passing
Nashville:  Tyler Hanson - 128/183, 2418 yards, 33 TD, 4 INT
Pea Ridge:  Jakota Sainsbury - 86/155, 1372 yards, 14 TD, 9 INT

Rushing
Nashville:  Darius Hopkins - 152-1788 yards, 37 TD ... Trent Harris - 83-900 yards, 11 TD
Pea Ridge:  Zaine Holley - 194-1116 yards, 14 TD ... Drew Winn - 73-935 yards, 17 TD

Receiving
Nashville:  Ty Pettway - 33-721 yards, 12 TD ... Domonick Kight - 28-606 yards, 10 TD
Pea Ridge:  Hayden Holtgrewe - 53-836 yards, 8 TD

Tackles/For Loss
Nashville:  Hunter White - 107 total tackles (20 TFL)
Pea Ridge:  Duncan Truesdell - 63 total tackles / Seth Trammell - 8 TFL

Sacks
Nashville:  5 players - 3 sacks
Pea Ridge:  Seth Trammell - 3.5 sacks

Interceptions
Nashville:  Kailus Hughes & Dominick Kight - 3 INT
Pea Ridge:  Drew Winn - 5 INT

Series History
All-Time:  Nashville leads 1-0
Games Played at Nashville:  Nashville leads 1-0
Last Meeting:  December 4, 2015 (Nashville won 42-20)

~WPS~

prHOG13

I'll see y'all on Friday. Thankfully (I guess?), Pea Ridge has experience traveling down to Nashville and has been a part of that spectacular environment as Nashville ended our season rather abruptly in the semifinals last season. Seemed like the game had just kicked off and it was 21-0 in like 2 minutes after Hopkins took the first play from scrimmage to the house, then we fumbled some kickoff returns.

Nashville is the class of the 4A and it will take a perfect game and a ton of luck to keep this one close. Pea Ridge doesn't have the size, but they play hard and physical football, and have some playmakers on offense. They need to capitalize on their opportunities to make plays on defense, as they dropped what should have been 3 INT's tonight against Arky.

We're missing a key defensive player, but his replacement stepped up and played well tonight.

Regardless of what happens, I'm excited to make the trip down there again. btw, Winn had 15 rushing TD's heading into tonights game (had two more tonight to take his total to 17).

I posted the game stats from tonight's game in the Arky/Pea Ridge game thread if anyone is interested.

~WPS~

Thanks for the stats. Updated the thread.

~WPS~

From the little I've seen of PR they seem dynamic on offense. A lot of different personnel and formations. Holley and Winn are playmakers for sure. PR could make this a game.

One factor is that Nashville is very fresh, they haven't played starters for more than 1 possession into the 2nd half the last 4 weeks. At the rate our offense plays, if other teams have many going both ways it'll be tough to keep it up for 4 quarters. Tonight Dover's offense was tired because they spent most of their time on defense chasing.

prHOG13

Holley only plays offense. Both Winn and Holtgrewe play both ways, but for the most part they are the only 2. Caudle will play some TE (also our S), and our MLB Pickthall will also play some FB

Holley is the workhorse for PR. He doesn't break many home runs, but hits the hole hard and will get those 3-4-5 yard carries. Winn is the big play threat. He's a 4.5 kid that averages 12.8 yards per carry on the season. His older brother is an All American RB at Hendrix University. Holtgrewe is a very good possession WR that runs some great routes. He doesn't have great speed, but is very savvy and finds ways to get open.

Nashville has a big size advantage. Adcock is going to be a mismatch (like he is every week), and we'll have to find a way to keep Hopkins from breaking those huge runs. We've done fairly well against the run this year, but they haven't faced a rushing offense in the same stratosphere as what they'll face in Nashville. Pea Ridge needs to avoid another slow start, which has been an issue all season along with penalties. They finally had a game with minimal penalties tonight for the first time all season, but still fell behind 10-0 early and had to crawl back.

I think outside of our senior LB that is out (Truesdell), PR is pretty healthy.

Sports Guru

scrapdawgof06

If all goes according to plan I am pretty sure you will have to deal with Trent Harris and T.K. Hopkins as well in the backfield

~WPS~

Yep our other running back has been out since week 7. He's expected to be back within the next week or so. He had 900 yards in the 7 games he's played.

SCRAPYARD

Wonder if SW Arkansas is ready this year? Wasn't that the big "tweet" last year?

~WPS~

I think they learned their lesson. Lol

Little Bear

Nashville is big and fast.   Pea Ridge will be smaller and slower.  There is no way to measure heart.  The Hare was faster than the tortoise.   Goliath was bigger than David.   Pea Ridge is as tough as boot leather but so are the country kids from Nashville.    Nashville wins but walks away a little bloody.  Nashville 42-20

Ole Legend

I think it'll be a relatively close game. You will be able to tell in the first quarter what kind of game it'll be. I won't be able to make it down to Nashville, but I will be watching the live broadcast!

Top Shelf

Quote from: Little Bear on November 14, 2016, 09:15:29 am
Nashville is big and fast.   Pea Ridge will be smaller and slower.  There is no way to measure heart.  The Hare was faster than the tortoise.   Goliath was bigger than David.   Pea Ridge is as tough as boot leather but so are the country kids from Nashville.    Nashville wins but walks away a little bloody.  Nashville 42-20
Rudy, Rudy, Rudy..

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Little Bear on November 14, 2016, 09:15:29 am

Not too sure they'll be the slower team. Haven't you heard? Pea Ridge has 2 guys that run a 4.5 and one that runs 4.4!  :D

OLDSCHOOL82

Is this game gonna be worth a drive from Booneville to watch?

Lizard 47

If you're in Booneville you might as well come to Dardanelle. Chances are Nashville will be here in 2 weeks anyway.

The Coach

Quote from: Lizard 47 on November 15, 2016, 09:06:33 am
If you're in Booneville you might as well come to Dardanelle. Chances are Nashville will be here in 2 weeks anyway.

Easy ghost rider. Gotta play Dumas first.

Lizard 47

And the winner of heber and shiloh. I'm well aware. These chances I speak of were projected by people other than me and I know what can happen believe me. But do you really think PR is gonna make it worth the time and the gas? I would wait til later but that's just me.

Youknowwhothisis

Quote from: Lizard 47 on November 15, 2016, 09:54:42 am
But do you really think PR is gonna make it worth the time and the gas?
;D Yes they will

~WPS~

Coach Steve

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 15, 2016, 07:40:34 am
Not too sure they'll be the slower team. Haven't you heard? Pea Ridge has 2 guys that run a 4.5 and one that runs 4.4!  :D
Lol. They aren't a fast team but they do have a pretty fast RB. He's not 4.4 or 4.5 though.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: ~WPS~ on November 15, 2016, 10:17:00 am
Lol. They aren't a fast team but they do have a pretty fast RB. He's not 4.4 or 4.5 though.

Yeah I know, I was just quoting one of their posters from last week's thread. That 1-4A "speed" usually doesn't translate very well when they play teams from other conferences. 

Lizard 47

Graduated our true speed guy last year, sure do miss watching him burn it up.

~WPS~

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 15, 2016, 10:23:06 am
Yeah I know, I was just quoting one of their posters from last week's thread. That 1-4A "speed" usually doesn't translate very well when they play teams from other conferences.
Yeah we heard about that speed last year when PR came to town. Those guys must have missed the bus. We will see if they make it this time.

prHOG13

Quote from: ~WPS~ on November 15, 2016, 10:36:12 am
Yeah we heard about that speed last year when PR came to town. Those guys must have missed the bus. We will see if they make it this time.
No, no you didn't.

dukes424

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 15, 2016, 10:23:06 am
It would do fine in your weak conference. I'll be shocked if any of the 4a-2 teams are left after Friday. If I'm wrong I'll eat some crow lol

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: dukes424 on November 15, 2016, 12:14:24 pm
It would do fine in your weak conference. I'll be shocked if any of the 4a-2 teams are left after Friday. If I'm wrong I'll eat some crow lol

It would do well enough to get about the 4th seed in the 2-4A.

prHOG13

dukes424

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 15, 2016, 12:24:36 pm
It would do well enough to get about the 4th seed in the 2-4A.
I want some of that sugar please o please that must be the good stuff.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: dukes424 on November 15, 2016, 12:40:38 pm
I want some of that sugar please o please that must be the good stuff.

You guys are comparable to SS Batesville this year. And both will be home after this week I'm afraid.

dukes424

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 15, 2016, 12:52:30 pm
You guys are comparable to SS Batesville this year. And both will be home after this week I'm afraid.
Quit snorting that Sugar Sugartown now your just acting plain dumb.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: dukes424 on November 15, 2016, 12:56:37 pm
Quit snorting that Sugar Sugartown now your just acting plain dumb.

So you think you'll be playing next week? Who's acting dumb now?

dukes424

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 15, 2016, 12:57:52 pm
We might be out and your whole conference more then likely will be out. We will see I guess. Gotta go play them games - Peace out Sugars.

prHOG13

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 15, 2016, 12:57:52 pm
You comparing PR to Southside is what makes you dumb. Common opponent is Booneville. Pea Ridge was up 41-8 in the 3rd before mass subs. Southside won by a score. Transitive property is silly when it comes to football games, but that's the only argument that has any data to support it.

Pea Ridge playing Nashville this weekend is irrelevant to your argument. Anyone playing them would likely be going home after this weekend.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 15, 2016, 01:14:57 pm
You comparing PR to Southside is what makes you dumb. Common opponent is Booneville. Pea Ridge was up 41-8 in the 3rd before mass subs. Southside won by a score. Transitive property is silly when it comes to football games, but that's the only argument that has any data to support it.

Pea Ridge playing Nashville this weekend is irrelevant to your argument. Anyone playing them would likely be going home after this weekend.

Comparing scores is dumb too. SS was on the road, you guys were at home, correct? I think that makes a little difference.

SouthsideSouthernerDad

True Sugar there is a big difference between week 1 at home and week 11 over 3 hours away especially with the very first week 11 game in school history! We are just thrilled to be playing in week 12!

OverPrivileged

I believe the PR v. Booneville game was at Booneville. 

prHOG13

Quote from: vegasbobcat on November 15, 2016, 01:38:08 pm
I believe the PR v. Booneville game was at Booneville.
No it was in PR. The Jr high travelled to Booneville

And yes, if you read my post Sugartown I clearly said transitive property is silly too... But there is at least a data point for that argument vs your meritless argument that PR would be 4th in your conference.

Don't let me slow you down though, keep posting in circles

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 15, 2016, 01:40:34 pm
No it was in PR. The Jr high travelled to Booneville

And yes, if you read my post Sugartown I clearly said transitive property is silly too... But there is at least a data point for that argument vs your meritless argument that PR would be 4th in your conference.

Don't let me slow you down though, keep posting in circles

You said it was silly but still used it. Genius.

OLDSCHOOL82

To clarify.  Pea Ridge is heads and tales above southside.  I will take flak for this next statement but who cares, true football minds will understand.  The pea ridge loss was a loss we should of lost.  Southside Batesville loss was a loss we shouldn't have lost. 

SouthsideSouthernerDad

You are probably right because that first half was the worst half our defense has played all year! Yet thankfully y'all didn't capitalize on it!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 15, 2016, 02:22:16 pm
To clarify.  Pea Ridge is heads and tales above southside.  I will take flak for this next statement but who cares, true football minds will understand.  The pea ridge loss was a loss we should of lost.  Southside Batesville loss was a loss we shouldn't have lost.

Those Pea Ridge guys (and you apparently), don't realize that I'm just messing with them.  ;D

dukes424

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 15, 2016, 02:31:35 pm
Those Pea Ridge guys (and you apparently), don't realize that I'm just messing with them.  ;D
Oh Sugarbear you had me at Hello :)

OLDSCHOOL82

With that being said..nash will be way too much for PR.  I don't see them laying an egg.

dukes424

Yeah they are a great team. I just  hope we can give them a game. I've looked at some of their stats and their linemen good god I just wonder how they would do in the 7A playoffs this year. I'm excited to see how all plays out this year and if anyone can challenge the Scrappers.

~WPS~

I've heard Pea Ridge's leading tackler is out for the season. If I remember correctly the same thing happened last year leading into this game.

prHOG13

Yeah he missed last week as well. Hate it for a senior

bilboswaggins

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas