• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4a week #2

Started by T.grey, September 05, 2016, 05:19:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

T.grey

Green Forest @PR +28
Hawks should roll on to another easy victory.  In fact the Hawks won't play a team with a winning record until week 6 or 7 when Gravette or PG shows up on their schedule.

PG +7 @ Vian
PG finally took care of business after not taking Farmington seriously the past two seasons.  It will be interesting to see if this team can put last week behind them and not overlook a team they should beat.

Gentry +20 @ Decatur
Yes, Decatur still plays football.  This should be a cakewalk for the Pioneerso.

Berryville +17 @ Clinton
Could Berryville sneak into the playoffs hunt this year?  It could come down to the Huntsville game to decide that last spot.

Lincoln @ Keys +3
I know nothing about Keys, but I did see what happened to the Wolves last week.  SHOCKER!!!!!

Huntsville +4 @ Farmington
I haven't seen Huntsville play yet, but I have seen Farmington.  If the Eagles are wanting in the playoff picture this is the kind of game they need to step up and play to show they are a solid pick to advance in this conference.

Gravette @ Booneville +3
This is the most interesting game IMO this week.  Gravette will help us Judge the PR game last week.  Won't be surprised if Gravette wins this one too.

Shiloh @ LRC +7
I flipped a coin because I know very little about LRC.  I was told that Elkins did play Shiloh a tough game.  So is Elkins better or Shiloh down a little this year?

prHOG13

Little Rock Christian went toe to toe with Warren in War Memorial, losing 55-48. I'd be surprised if Shiloh won that one. It should be a shootout, though.

I'm interested to see how that Huntsville/Farmington game goes and the Booneville/Gravette game goes.

The Pea Ridge game and Gentry game will be mercy rule games early.

After doing a little research, I think PG should handle Vian fairly easily. I know nothing about Keys either.

dukes424

Agree with all your picks. Interested in the Booneville Gravette game. Does Gravette still stream the games? And Shiloh also lost one of their best receivers from last year he went back to Oklahoma along with loosing their speed back to a Florida school. I'm going to be curious of the outcome with LR Christian.

Ole Legend

Quote from: dukes424 on September 05, 2016, 06:19:07 pm
Agree with all your picks. Interested in the Booneville Gravette game. Does Gravette still stream the games? And Shiloh also lost one of their best receivers from last year he went back to Oklahoma along with loosing their speed back to a Florida school. I'm going to be curious of the outcome with LR Christian.

I agree completely! Should be an easy week for our Hawks! Looking forward to seeing that Gravette/Booneville score!

beach bum

Prairie Grove 42 Vian, OK 14
Pea Ridge 48 Green Forest 6
Little Rock Christian 49 Shiloh Christian 21
Farmington 28 Huntsville 14
Gentry 48 Decatur 0
Clinton 42 Berryville 14
Gravette 29 Booneville 28 (OVERTIME)
Lincoln 28 Keys, OK 20

LION Dad

Quote from: beach bum on September 05, 2016, 09:32:08 pm
Prairie Grove 42 Vian, OK 14
Pea Ridge 48 Green Forest 6
Little Rock Christian 49 Shiloh Christian 21
Farmington 28 Huntsville 14
Gentry 48 Decatur 0
Clinton 42 Berryville 14
Gravette 29 Booneville 28 (OVERTIME)
Lincoln 28 Keys, OK 20
I hope your right on the outcome but would do without the overtime

T.grey

I like the overtime pick.

T.grey

Do they have overtime for non-conference games?

whippersnapper

Yes they do have OT now in nonconf

T.grey

Whippersnapper what happened to the Wolves last week?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: dukes424 on September 05, 2016, 06:19:07 pm

Shiloh also had a key receiver our with an injury (already).... We can't afford to have anybody hurt this early....

whippersnapper

Quote from: T.grey on September 06, 2016, 10:48:39 am
Whippersnapper what happened to the Wolves last week?
Was tied 7-7 at halftime. After a few good plays by westville in the 3rd qtr the wheels just kinda fell off. Swayne also got banged up a little bit and didnt play much in yhe 2nd half. Some folks will think Westville is the same ole team they always had been. Thats not true. The last 2 seasons they wouldve been a 3 seed or higher in the 1-4A. This year they are not as fast but still a team that would make the playoffs in our conference.

nuttinbuthogs

Westville is not top 3 in the 1 4A, ever!

whippersnapper

Ha ok buddy. I didnt say they were this year. But last year, yep. They wouldve beaten Shiloh and Gravette. Probably not PG and PR.

TIGER101

September 06, 2016, 08:09:19 pm #14 Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 08:11:32 pm by TIGER101
I will say I am not Dukes424.  Somehow he has had a kid playing for the past 14 years......  I think he is on his 5th or 6th coming through the PR program.. haha   Its ok D.W. I eventually got cable and was able to sleep in the living room occasionally.  I don't have any dogs left in the fight but will give you my honest take on last week. 

Prairie Grove
They have to be the favorite because of last year and the previous 6 years and someone will have to knock them off the top before they can claim the title of conference champs.  In watching the game Friday night I left there with as many questions as I did answers. Farmington is not the same team they have been the past 10 years.  Not bashing just being honest.  PG looked like a team in their first game of the year.  (BECAUSE IT WAS)  They need to get more consistent in the running game.  They looked a little lost at times on shuffling running backs in and out.  Usually they have 2 or 3 and let it go. The other night was not typical PG.  They have to get the fullback position resolved, because that is what makes the offence go.  1 and 2 yard per carry will not get it done.

Pea Ridge
Is the only team that can do the above this year.    PR might be a bit ahead of PG when it comes to mid-season form, but PG has the time to get it together.  It will come down to these two teams for the ship this year, but I don't see this conference making any big splash other than these two come playoff time.  PR is a town on the that if given a break or two can make a run past the 2nd and maybe 3rd round.

dukes424

Holy cow Tigers 101 to be honest I'm on my last one. Dayton Winn is my oldest graduated in 2012 Kota graduated in 2014 and Drew Winn is my youngest he is a junior this year so I still got dogs in the fight and love every minute of it.That would be 3 lol. My real name is Harvey Winn if anybody wants to know or hit me up. I was probably the only Ridge poster back in 2010 and 2011 that's when we were just getting semi competitive and I got thrown under the bus at least 7 - 10 times a week. So Tigers101who was your dog in the fight curiosity killed the cat and I'm not dead yet. I'm glad you came outa your hibernation my friend.

TIGER101

I swear you are the last person on FF who know who I am>>>lol

beach bum

September 06, 2016, 09:04:30 pm #17 Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 09:15:17 pm by beach bum
Quote from: dukes424 on September 06, 2016, 08:39:25 pm
Holy cow Tigers 101 to be honest I'm on my last one. Dayton Winn is my oldest graduated in 2012 Kota graduated in 2014 and Drew Winn is my youngest he is a junior this year so I still got dogs in the fight and love every minute of it.That would be 3 lol. My real name is Harvey Winn if anybody wants to know or hit me up. I was probably the only Ridge poster back in 2010 and 2011 that's when we were just getting semi competitive and I got thrown under the bus at least 7 - 10 times a week. So Tigers101who was your dog in the fight curiosity killed the cat and I'm not dead yet. I'm glad you came outa your hibernation my friend.

You have great kids. A memory I have of Dayton that sticks in my mind to this day is Pea Ridge's break through year in 2012 when PG and Pea Ridge were both undefeated. PG was up 31-0 which was not indicative of how close the game was. Your boy had like 175 yards rushing in a shut out which your team kept getting stopped in scoring territory so that is why I say it felt more like a 2 score game and not 31-0. But my memory that sticks is you guys throw a pick and our player #4 is running an interception back to make it 38-0 right before time expires and Dayton chases our player from the other side of the field 1 yard from the TD. I looked at the person sitting next to me and said, "Wow, what an unbelievable kid who never quits no matter the score and Pea Ridge is so lucky to have that kid". I think I even remember one of our coaches coming up and saying something to him about that last play of the game. I think of that play from time to time when Pea Ridge football comes up. Now that I know how good of kids you have and you made it personal I can't talk as much PG/Pea Ridge smack anymore haha. I will feel bad.

dukes424

Thanks Beach bum I'm proud of that boy he's on his senior year at Hendrix College in Conway and has broken every D2 D3 and NAIA college record out there he led the NCAA in all classifications last year in all purpose yardage. I wish he could have gotten big enough to play D1 but that's the way it goes. He is getting his education in college paid for by a good college. They had a great start last week against Austin College this is  his senior year and it's FUN..

dukes424

While I'm a proud dad bragging he was chosen as an All American last year they choose 12 out of D2-D3 in the United States. Go Hawks - Warriors

gameoflife

Dukes, congratulations on your sons success.  You sound rightfully proud.

gameoflife

Oh, I also agree that WestVille would not be in the top 3 in 4.

a

prHOG13

Quote from: beach bum on September 06, 2016, 09:04:30 pm
You have great kids. A memory I have of Dayton that sticks in my mind to this day is Pea Ridge's break through year in 2012 when PG and Pea Ridge were both undefeated. PG was up 31-0 which was not indicative of how close the game was. Your boy had like 175 yards rushing in a shut out which your team kept getting stopped in scoring territory so that is why I say it felt more like a 2 score game and not 31-0. But my memory that sticks is you guys throw a pick and our player #4 is running an interception back to make it 38-0 right before time expires and Dayton chases our player from the other side of the field 1 yard from the TD. I looked at the person sitting next to me and said, "Wow, what an unbelievable kid who never quits no matter the score and Pea Ridge is so lucky to have that kid". I think I even remember one of our coaches coming up and saying something to him about that last play of the game. I think of that play from time to time when Pea Ridge football comes up. Now that I know how good of kids you have and you made it personal I can't talk as much PG/Pea Ridge smack anymore haha. I will feel bad.
+1

Dayton is a fantastic kid and I love him to death. I remember that play vividly. After every game I've gone to when he was at Hendrix, opposing coaches/fans/players come up to him specifically to talk to him and congratulate him. You just don't see 155lb kids battle and dominate the way that he does. He's as tough as they come. Hope he brings the Gagliardi trophy (D3 heisman) back to Pea Ridge and the 4A-1. He was the only Jr finalist last season. His younger brother Drew is going to be a very special player as well. 

Dukes has done a great job of raising a great group of boys who are also great football players.

TIGER101

Sorry Dukes,

I didn't mean to call you out..  I just figured everyone already knew who we were....  Should have put more time in it...  I forget we have newbeeeeeees sometimes...

TIGER101

good luck this year......  until you play the TIGERS!!!!!!

Youknowwhothisis

Congrats on beating farmington!

dukes424

It's all good Tigers101 most of us old posters know each other anyhow. Good luck till the Hawks come to town...

$aintMaximu$

September 07, 2016, 07:44:06 am #27 Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 08:03:39 am by $aintMaximu$
Prairie Grove 42                                Vian, OK 6
Pea Ridge 41                                     Green Forest 7
Little Rock Christian 42                      Shiloh Christian 21
Farmington 34                                  Huntsville 7
Gentry 42                                         Decatur 0
Clinton 34                                         Berryville 14
Gravette 27                                      Booneville 14
Lincoln 28                                        Keys, OK 20

Shiloh is at that point when a couple critical players are out or gone it makes all the difference.  I think a 3rd place finish in conference is realistic...  On a side note the cheeseburger in Elkins was delicious.. Not quite up to Pea Ridge standards but getting there.... 

Coach Steve

PG by 3
Ridge by 6
Shiloh by 15
Huntsville by 19
Decatur by 10
Berryville by 2
Gravette by 20
Lincoln by 17

Youknowwhothisis

September 07, 2016, 12:57:15 pm #29 Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 02:07:41 pm by Youknowwhothisis
Prairie Grove (2)
Pea Ridge (27)
LRCA (14)
Farmington(14)
Gentry (70)
Clinton (13)
Keys (7)

Ole Legend

Quote from: Coach Steve on September 07, 2016, 07:58:28 am
PG by 3
Ridge by 6
Shiloh by 15
Huntsville by 19
Decatur by 10
Berryville by 2
Gravette by 20
Lincoln by 17

I assure you Pea Ridge will win by more than 6.

Youknowwhothisis

Quote from: Coach Steve on September 07, 2016, 07:58:28 am
PG by 3
Ridge by 6
Shiloh by 15
Huntsville by 19
Decatur by 10
Berryville by 2
Gravette by 20
Lincoln by 17

Decatur will also not win...

nuttinbuthogs

this could be a telling week for the conference, the good the bad the ugly.

prHOG13

unofficial Pea Ridge stats:

defensively they only allowed ~70 yards of offense, with 65 of those yards coming on one play for Green Forest.

Pea Ridge ran for 291 yards on 32 carries.

Individual stats:

-QB Sainsbury was 4-5 for 91 yards and had one rush for 19 yards.
-RB Zaine Holley had 16 carries for 120 yards and 3 TD's, and 1 catch for 13 yards
-RB Drew Winn had 4 carries for 65 yards and 2 TD's and a 97 yard kickoff return that was brought back to around the GF 30 yard line because of a hold behind the play
-WR Hayden Holtgrewe had 1 catch for 28 yards and two punt returns for 76 yards and 1 TD.
-QB Carson Rhine had 3 carries for 26 yards and a TD
-DB Jacob Torres had a 36 INT return for a TD

Would appreciate any stats from around the conference if anyone has them.

nuttinbuthogs

Good win, but really a helpless opponent.  I thought the Gravette vs Booneville game was more telling.   Conference looking weaker by the day.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: whippersnapper on September 06, 2016, 11:01:45 am
Was tied 7-7 at halftime. After a few good plays by westville in the 3rd qtr the wheels just kinda fell off. Swayne also got banged up a little bit and didnt play much in yhe 2nd half. Some folks will think Westville is the same ole team they always had been. Thats not true. The last 2 seasons they wouldve been a 3 seed or higher in the 1-4A. This year they are not as fast but still a team that would make the playoffs in our conference.

So I guess that Keys would be conference champs?  The wolves need to rebound next week against a struggling Cedarville.

beach bum

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 10, 2016, 06:44:30 pm
So I guess that Keys would be conference champs?  The wolves need to rebound next week against a struggling Cedarville.

Cedarville plays Pocola, OK and Lincoln plays Mansfield so that will be a Lincoln win!

T.grey

There is clearly only 2 teams who could advance past the first round in this conference.  It might be only the one seed to advance.  Shiloh also has a small chance depending on who they would match up against.  Other than that it's one and done.

Ole Legend

Quote from: T.grey on September 11, 2016, 10:10:56 am
There is clearly only 2 teams who could advance past the first round in this conference.  It might be only the one seed to advance.  Shiloh also has a small chance depending on who they would match up against.  Other than that it's one and done.

Pea Ridge and Prarie Grove.

prHOG13

I think Shiloh, PG, and PR will all win their first round playoff games. Second round? We'll see.

nuttinbuthogs

Top two will probably move on, but still a lot of football to go yet to see how good they really are.  Conference is struggling right now, but 1 4A has usually been top heavy.
As for predicting a win for the wolves, I'd give it a 50-50 maybe judging from how they are playing.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prHOG13 on September 11, 2016, 07:11:23 pm
I think Shiloh, PG, and PR will all win their first round playoff games. Second round? We'll see.

The 3 seed in the 1 gets a home game against the 4 seed from the 8, that should be an easy win with the way the 8 is looking this year.

nuttinbuthogs

Its certainly about match-ups.  PR looks good, maybe better by end of season than last year. PG, good but just how good is not for sure until they play a little better talent.  Shiloh is middle of the pack in some other conferences.   

Stealthfan

I think P. Ridge and Shiloh are both currently underestimated.  If you recall it took (as per a very observant S.C. parent's report) 17+ flags to one for P. Ridge to beat Shiloh by 3 last season.  I think both teams will prove even better than last season. and certainly better than mid-pack in any 4A conference. 

It doesn't appear the coaching change has slowed P.R.'s start one bit.  They are scoring as many points as the starters wish and probably will against Farmington.

Shiloh's win last week against LR Christian certainly can't be overlooked.  I don't think they could have done that last season. 

These teams are certainly better than mid-pack in any 4A conference. 

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Stealthfan on September 12, 2016, 02:07:50 pm
I think P. Ridge and Shiloh are both currently underestimated.  If you recall it took (as per a very observant S.C. parent's report) 17+ flags to one for P. Ridge to beat Shiloh by 3 last season.  I think both teams will prove even better than last season. and certainly better than mid-pack in any 4A conference. 

It doesn't appear the coaching change has slowed P.R.'s start one bit.  They are scoring as many points as the starters wish and probably will against Farmington.

Shiloh's win last week against LR Christian certainly can't be overlooked.  I don't think they could have done that last season. 

These teams are certainly better than mid-pack in any 4A conference.

PR trailed almost the entire game at Shiloh last season...  I think Shiloh also had 5 turnovers (credit to PR for these too) one being a critical muffed punt reception at the end of the game...  All that matters is who wins but that game easily could have gone to Shiloh. 

Now the Prairie Grove game?  That was a good old fashioned wood shed beating!!!  You play that game 10 times, Shiloh loses every game....

The LRC game was interesting... The key to that win was Broc lead blocking and the QB running very well off his block...  LRC could not stop this...  But he took a beating... A Nashville poster last season said Shiloh had the toughest QB in the state, I get what he was saying for sure....

Stealthfan

Every game sandwiched between the season opener and the finals PG took each team to the woodshed !  Especially a talented Gravette bunch.  Everyone underestimated them. That group of  PG Juniors should contribute this year.  They were impressive as 9th graders and didn't look like they needed to grow much back then. 

Tigerdad2

Quote from: Stealthfan on September 12, 2016, 05:43:53 pm
Every game sandwiched between the season opener and the finals PG took each team to the woodshed !  Especially a talented Gravette bunch.  Everyone underestimated them. That group of  PG Juniors should contribute this year.  They were impressive as 9th graders and didn't look like they needed to grow much back then.
This guy knows his PG football, everyone else can keep hyping Pea Ridge.

Stealthfan

I'm just a nobody who happens to know a couple of somebodies that know everybody. 

I guess my whole point is I don't think the conference (at least top 3) is down from last year in any shape or form.  I think the season will prove better than last year.  Chances are really good somebody from NWA will pack blankets to Little Rock. 

prHOG13

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on September 12, 2016, 05:47:27 pm
This guy knows his PG football, everyone else can keep hyping Pea Ridge.
I don't think any PR fans are hyping PR over PG. However, PR made it to the semifinals last year so they're no slouch either. I think a big difference this year is playcalling is much more diverse and there's no rotating QB's disrupting any offensive momentum.

PG has stayed ahead of PR in my top 10 rankings until PR proves it on the field. Still a lot of football to be played before we compare those teams any further though.

To respond to Stealth, I agree. The top 3 are strong, and Shiloh appears to be better than I thought they'd be after losing a couple important skill players off last years team.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: prHOG13 on September 13, 2016, 12:30:51 pm
I don't think any PR fans are hyping PR over PG. However, PR made it to the semifinals last year so they're no slouch either. I think a big difference this year is playcalling is much more diverse and there's no rotating QB's disrupting any offensive momentum.

PG has stayed ahead of PR in my top 10 rankings until PR proves it on the field. Still a lot of football to be played before we compare those teams any further though.

To respond to Stealth, I agree. The top 3 are strong, and Shiloh appears to be better than I thought they'd be after losing a couple important skill players off last years team.

They are surprising me as well... Did you go to the Shiloh/PR game last season?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas