• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ashley Bowl 2014 Crossett @ Hamburg

Started by green-eagle, October 17, 2014, 10:22:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

green-eagle

Its that time of year, Folks!!!

Lets get thing rolling!!

b.r.93

AirWarren

Watch #2 hamburg. Crossett has some size and speed. Could be a trap game.

b.r.93

We won't see anyone faster than dollarway

AirWarren

Quote from: b.r.93 on October 17, 2014, 10:31:24 pm
We won't see anyone faster than dollarway

Keep thinking that. And we ain't talking about crossett.

green-eagle

Quote from: AirWarren on October 17, 2014, 10:29:45 pm
Watch #2 hamburg. Crossett has some size and speed. Could be a trap game.

I dont know about a trap game but this game has always been exciting to wstch regardless of the teams records....

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Hamburg coming off of 2 big road games, with a record amount of penalties(of which I hear allot not deserved), I would think on home field with there offense starting to click throw out the rivalry this game will be a blowout for the lions. Mercy rule will start in 3rd.

Eaglemaniac

Records never mean anything in this game. I'm not predicting a win for Crossett. But I will say it could be a very interesting game. Lions are for real and the Eagles can't be taken lightly. Just hate that I have to work and will miss it. For the first time in quite awhile this game has more meaning than county bragging rights.

b.r.93

Crossett won't beat hamburg. It won't be close.

b.r.93

Warren fans said tonight at the game that Warren does not have dollarway speed

green-eagle

Quote from: b.r.93 on October 17, 2014, 10:47:05 pm

And you believe that! Especially from a Warren fan.....

AirWarren

And you believe that? Hahaha.

b.r.93

And yall believe yall are faster than dollarway or hamburg speed hah. Good one

AirWarren

Been faster than hamburg since Bo has been here.

And he done just as good against Dollarway.

Yawn. It's Monticello week.

green-eagle

Quote from: b.r.93 on October 17, 2014, 10:52:31 pm
And yall believe yall are faster than dollarway or hamburg speed hah. Good one

I can tell you straight up... Crossett dont have Warren fourth qtr speed....

b.r.93

Been* faster,key word. Things change from year to year

True_Fan9

Lions might get Jeremiah Williams back and hopefully John Wilson will be able to play. Both were missed big time tonight.

EagleForLife12

My only prediction will be that this game will be hard fought from both sides, not sure there is a rivalry in 4A (maybe in the state) where the 2 teams know each other more personally than the Ashley Bowl

NoRetreat

Quote from: b.r.93 on October 17, 2014, 10:52:31 pm
And yall believe yall are faster than dollarway or hamburg speed hah. God one
I have watched Warren play and they have kids with speed.When u talking about overall team speed Dollarway and Hamburg will run you in the ground..I'm now officially a Hamburg poster.

Bulldog92

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on October 17, 2014, 10:38:45 pm
Hamburg coming off of 2 big road games, with a record amount of penalties(of which I hear allot not deserved), I would think on home field with there offense starting to click throw out the rivalry this game will be a blowout for the lions. Mercy rule will start in 3rd.
At least your were honest, you HEARD and didn't SEE!!

NoRetreat

green-eagle

Quote from: NoRetreat on October 18, 2014, 08:22:59 am
Hamburg MERCY RULE!!!

We been hearding that all season... Nothing change. So lets play!!! It will be a grear game, maybe Crossett will start playing at 7:00 instead of 8:30 as quited hy Eddie!!!

The game against Monticello, there seems to be no energy in the staduim at all until after halftime... Which was strange, but this never happen at an Ashley Bowl game, ive bee to 19 so far each game has been special....

Eagles by 1 and thats all we need!!!!

True_Fan9

Hamburg will make it 5 in a row against the little Eagles. Crossett will come out fired up and ready to play but so will Hamburg.

EagleForLife12

Both teams come in 3-1 in conference play, both teams have maybe a home playoff game at stake, biggest rivalry in maybe the state, as much as no 1 wants to believe it this is the biggest game of the week in the 4a8 conference

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

I will have to re-tract my statments i think just a little... Crossetts defense is better than I thought after checking a few stats, this game could be closer than people think....... I think the Lions will win the game, but a blow out is in serious question??? Eagles do have some hope if the Defense makes some big plays..

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: Bulldog92 on October 18, 2014, 08:20:09 am
Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on October 17, 2014, 10:38:45 pm
At least your were honest, you HEARD and didn't SEE!!
Actually the information came from some neuatral fans that could have cared less who won, there team was playing way off that week so they traveled to Star City to watch the big game. First half they said it was even, then second half it was bad in there opinion.   

True_Fan9

Lions have got to cut down the penalties. No matter how many should or shouldn't have been called, that's not important. The problem has to be corrected.

Eaglemaniac

This game features the highest scoring offense(Hamburg) against the strongest defnse(Crossett) in the conference.

STUNNA

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 20, 2014, 12:39:26 pm
This game features the highest scoring offense(Hamburg) against the strongest defnse(Crossett) in the conference.

Conference wise warren is leading in both categories...

True_Fan9

How is crossett the strongest defense?

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: True_Fan9 on October 20, 2014, 02:52:24 pm

Just looked at overall points scored and points allowed for the season.

LJ06

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 20, 2014, 04:32:33 pm

Your non conf consisted of Magnolia, Fordyce, and McGehee is why.  Your defense is NOT the strongest in the conference.  I'd say its the 4th strongest.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: LJ06 on October 20, 2014, 04:59:24 pm

Your non conf consisted of Magnolia, Fordyce, and McGehee is why.  Your defense is NOT the strongest in the conference.  I'd say its the 4th strongest.

Your entitled to your own opinion. 

bulldoghistorian

Last year, this went down to the end, with Hamburg escaping 27-22. It seems that Crossett is quite improved! I think this one could be close for a while, but I see the Lions pulling away late. Final score. Hamburg 35, Crossett 14.

green-eagle

Defensive looking at points allowed crossett are 71 and 120 while hamburg is 75 and 129

From FF information crossett has allowed the third fewest and didnt Magonlia beat Camden Fairview... ???

EagleForLife12

since when does who you play change the facts of a stat, a stat is just that..a stat, schedule doesn't go into play with that because its just simply a stat

LJ06

October 20, 2014, 06:53:59 pm #36 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:56:05 pm by LJ06
Since conference play has started you guys are third in points allowed with still yet having to play Hamburg, Dollarway, nor Star City. Your about to become tested in a big way so we will see. Hamburg hasn't score under 35 points in conference so far. Can you guys keep em under it?

EagleForLife12

Quote from: LJ06 on October 20, 2014, 06:53:59 pm
Since conference play has started you guys are third in points allowed with still yet having to play Hamburg, Dollarway, nor Star City. Your about to become tested in a big way so we will def see.
And the only 1 for anybody to make it through a stretch like the is to pray thr defense stays healthy and take it 1 game at a time.

LJ06

I will say that is terribly tough stretch to end the season

green-eagle

Quote from: LJ06 on October 20, 2014, 06:53:59 pm
Since conference play has started you guys are third in points allowed with still yet having to play Hamburg, Dollarway, nor Star City. Your about to become tested in a big way so we will see. Hamburg hasn't score under 35 points in conference so far. Can you guys keep em under it?

As keeping hamburg under 35? Who knows it the Ashley Bowl and in this game anything can and well happen.... you need to an Ashley Bowl to really understand what an rival really is!!! People talk about them, but very few actually seen one!

LJ06

Big Fan

green-eagle

Romeo

October 20, 2014, 07:51:55 pm #43 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 07:56:15 pm by Romeo

They faced a stagnant Warren offense in week four which struggled for the majority of the game and still allowed 30 points. I don't think you can brag about being the best defense in conference, especially when you have yet to play Hamburg, Dollarway, and Star City.

WPWells

If this wasn't so far away I'd totes go

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: Romeo on October 20, 2014, 07:51:55 pm

They faced a stagnant Warren offense in week four which struggled for the majority of the game and still allowed 30 points. I don't think you can brag about being the best defense in conference, especially when you have yet to play Hamburg and Star City.

Quote from: Romeo on October 20, 2014, 07:51:55 pm

They faced a stagnant Warren offense in week four which struggled for the majority of the game and still allowed 30 points. I don't think you can brag about being the best defense in conference, especially when you have yet to play Hamburg, Dollarway, and Star City.

I do believe the Warren fans are a bit jealous that this game is much bigger than their Monticello game this week. Starving for attention??? There are 7 other teams in this conference and not everyone worships Bo and the Lumberjacks.

Romeo

QuoteI do believe the Warren fans are a bit jealous that this game is much bigger than their Monticello game this week. Starving for attention??? There are 7 other teams in this conference and not everyone worships Bo and the Lumberjacks.

Child please.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: Romeo on October 20, 2014, 08:13:18 pm
QuoteI do believe the Warren fans are a bit jealous that this game is much bigger than their Monticello game this week. Starving for attention??? There are 7 other teams in this conference and not everyone worships Bo and the Lumberjacks.

Child please.

That the best you got? I expected something better.

bulldoghistorian

EagleForLife12

Despite the outcome, no one outside of Ashley County can truly understand either side of this rivalry, so if they wanna THINK blowout let them think it, both Hamburg and Crossett know that a blowout will not be the case come Friday night

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas