• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Farm Bureau watch list

Started by adaptedtigerfan, October 23, 2014, 09:32:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

adaptedtigerfan

Has anyone seen a watch list for Farm Bureau players of the year?

HeadBussa08

Proud Buckaroo

Hooten's usually posts it on their website at the end of regular season.

WPWells

I'd say a Charleston sweep:

Ty Storey - Offense
Colton Posky - Defense
Greg Kendrick - Coach

nastynice

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 23, 2014, 10:17:03 am
I'd say a Charleston sweep:

Ty Storey - Offense
Colton Posky - Defense
Greg Kendrick - Coach
Of course you would.  We wouldn't expect anything different!.........................
Storey for sure, but not the other 2.

adaptedtigerfan

What would be your pick there, nastynice

nastynice

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 23, 2014, 11:06:03 am
[/quote ] Ty Storey
            Bryson May or Justin Shackleford
            IDK yet on the coach

What about you?

adaptedtigerfan

Wheels

Is the watch list just for seniors?

WPWells

North Face

The watch list and these awards are only for seniors.

Wheels

Last year Hootens released the watch list on October 31st and announced the finalist on December 9.

http://www.hootens.com/high-school_13_c.aspx?P=1

WildcatGrandpa13

Doesn't Storey pretty much have Offensive Player of the Year on lock?

WPWells

Wheels

soldier

Marcell Ledbetter

Is the watch list restricted to Seniors?

Wheels

adaptedtigerfan

I think there are a few jrs on the list.

Wheels

I missed that. After going back and looking there all several juniors.

Marcell Ledbetter

It's a shame Jon Johnson, junior RB from Benton Harmony Grove is not on there.  He's the 2nd leading rusher in all classifications (1,523 total, 9.6 avg. per carry)
I think the Freeman kid from ECS school deserves to be considered too.

reddevilfan

Last year my son was on as a junior but they removed him because of that after about a week.

sprout

How is Benton Harmony Groves Jr. running back Jon Johnson not on this list? Over 1900 rushing yards 20TDS through 9 games.

Proud Buckaroo

Go Elmo, Logan and coach Strickland.

sprout

Jrs are on the list Hootens just posted on their website.

WPWells

Quote from: nastynice on October 23, 2014, 11:10:46 am
[/quote ] Ty Storey
            IDK yet on the coach

What about you?

Yep still going with Storey, Posky, and Kendrick

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: sprout on November 01, 2014, 01:46:03 am
Jrs are on the list Hootens just posted on their website.

Yeah, I just seen a post similar to yours on the comment list. I could only assume that is you.

adaptedtigerfan

Anyone know how the ones that made the list did in week 9?  I can only tell of 2.

FogHornLegHorn11

Can someone clarify how this list is compiled? I'm assuming by coach's nominations?? LOL.  Seems weird that Sampley was the only Lamar mention. Where's Davenport? Kern?
And Hutson was the only nominee from Paris? Where's Owens? He def should have gotten a nod for offense. No Buchanan or Sutliff either?
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying any of these 5 boys would've made top 3. But it seems fishy that even if the coach was only given one nomination to make, that Sampley and Hutson got the nod ;)

Coach Jones

This is one way the list is compiled:
I received a text asking me to list the top players in my Conference that is not on my team.  I'm guessing the other coaches did the same. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: FogHornLegHorn11 on November 03, 2014, 10:16:49 am
Can someone clarify how this list is compiled? I'm assuming by coach's nominations?? LOL.  Seems weird that Sampley was the only Lamar mention. Where's Davenport? Kern?
And Hutson was the only nominee from Paris? Where's Owens? He def should have gotten a nod for offense. No Buchanan or Sutliff either?
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying any of these 5 boys would've made top 3. But it seems fishy that even if the coach was only given one nomination to make, that Sampley and Hutson got the nod ;)
it's always important to find out how something works before you gripe about it .

Radiotalker

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 01, 2014, 01:47:36 am
Quote from: nastynice on October 23, 2014, 11:10:46 am
[/quote ] Ty Storey
            IDK yet on the coach

What about you?

Yep still going with Storey, Posky, and Kendrick

King, Storey & Shackleford

adaptedtigerfan

If it King Storey n Shack....,  which one is the coach?

FogHornLegHorn11

Not complaining. Just curious as to who voted/ how many votes you got.

Truthfully

The "list" is after nominations are received and then voted on by all the coaches. A team's coach can not nominate anyone from his team. So, a player could be nominated but it takes a lot more than just that one nomination "vote" to get on the final posted list. I am sure Storey was voted in by probably 30-40 coaches, some may have gotten on the 'list" by getting as few as 5-6 votes and quite possibly only from coaches in his own conference if other 3A coaches had not heard of a particular player from another conference. Sorta complicated and you must know a little about the Farm Bureau award system before taking anything personally about a son, nephew, grandson, brother, friend or whatever.  Life is too short.  ???

RDP96

Like people have posted before.  It's seniors only from my understanding.  Ty Storey was not listed last year.  That's why some players are not listed.

adaptedtigerfan

Did u ppl not read where Lamar's coach posted that he received a txt to vote for 3 players in his conf.  But not on his team???

reduen

Well all I can say is that it makes for a proud papa to see your son's name on a list like this for sure. I can understand seeing people express their frustration when their favorite players aren't on a cool list like this especially when it is a son or something like that but my advice is just don't take these things personal.

I like so many others, have watched my son work his tail off since he was in 2nd grade. He has played nearly every position on the field at one time or another and played them very well. He has averaged 3td's per game since the first game that he ever played. He has helped many of his teams win their division/conference etc.. at both the QB and RB positions. It is reported that he now holds the state record for number of carries in one game. (Fifth in the nation all time.) In my opinion (and many others) he has better vision at RB than 99% in the nation. He has over 1900 yds and 25 td's this year so far and I could go on and on....

To say the least I am very proud of him but he is not on any "top recruit" list and though everyone knows about him locally there are no D1 colleges beating down our door asking him to come play. (Yet anyway..)  ;D Truth is that there are many many kids out there that don't get the attention that they deserve for many different reasons. Though it does make me proud to see his efforts acknowledged from time to time. I am just grateful to have raised a son that loves the game of football and gives his team 100% effort 100% of the time. With or without all the accolades....

WPWells

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, who is your son?

adaptedtigerfan

reduen

Ha ha..  :) My point proven right? I bet you guys/gals could take a dozen guesses and not get it... Go Bearkatz!

Proud Buckaroo

November 07, 2014, 11:23:32 am #41 Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:32:57 am by Proud Buckaroo
Romero's father.

WPWells

Heard your son is a good player. Congrats!

reduen

Proud Buckaroo

Did he play last year? I don't remember hearing that name when you guys played Smackover..

YC

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 07, 2014, 11:09:14 am
Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, who is your son?
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 07, 2014, 11:12:26 am
I'm guessing BHG RB.

I'm disappointed in you two :-[

"There was a reason nobody has seen that many carries in a game. The batesville guard today had a story on Romero and the 61 carries is a state record!! Also ranks fifth all time nationally. By the way I think the national record is 72".

It's the kid from Melbourne.... Unbelievable but apparently true... I had a nephew that carried the ball 40+ times in a jr. high game and we ended up having to take him to the EM later that night.

reduen

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 07, 2014, 11:30:11 am

Thank you. He loves to play the game that is for sure...

adaptedtigerfan

I just saw the 1900 yds and assumed it was bhg RB..   Saw today in adg where he had 1900

reduen

November 07, 2014, 01:57:17 pm #48 Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:59:09 pm by reduen
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 07, 2014, 11:33:17 am
Did he play last year? I don't remember hearing that name when you guys played Smackover..

Hmm..? I'm thinking one of two things here. You could be disingenuous and poking fun at our loss to you guys last year or you could be a bit forgetful. Either way, yes you guys won and congratulations again but it wasn't for lack of a performance on my son's behalf. While it wasn't his best game (hence the loss..) 93yds and 1TD is not bad... We had no passing game and you guys figured out how to stop our run 2nd half. No gameboard, no time clock twelve men on the field multiple times and refs who were not doing a very good job keeping up with it all. Sound familiar?

Oh and by the way, you weren't the guy that kept mooning us from the street during the game were you?

ISU7

Quote from: reduen on November 07, 2014, 11:35:33 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 07, 2014, 11:30:11 am

Thank you. He loves to play the game that is for sure...
61 carries against RiverCrest....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas