• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danville @ Lamar

Started by TheTruth2010, October 19, 2014, 10:46:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTruth2010

Danville is coming off of two impressing wins against Mansfield and Lavaca. Lamar is coming off of two losses. This is really a big game for both teams, as they are both 2-2 in conference play. I say Lamar gets back on track 41-20 over the little johns. What do you think ?

Clara Allen

If nothing else, the Warriors are resilient.  I think they will be on track next week, at home, and healthy.  46-14 Warriors!

HorseFeathers

October 19, 2014, 05:14:44 pm #2 Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 05:50:50 pm by HF
Not really anything to do with the game, but why does Lamar charge 5 bucks to get into the games when everywhere I've been this year(Dover, Pottsville and HEctor) only charge 4 bucks. Not that big of a thing(Well I guess charging 25% more is a big deal lol), but I don't carry much more than 5 in cash to most games I go to.

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover's games are 5 bucks as well.

OLDSCHOOL82

I believe the 4-3A charges more as a conference than the 4-4A. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 19, 2014, 05:52:07 pm
I believe the 4-3A charges more as a conference than the 4-4A. 

Well as a cheap guy that's aggravating :D

TheTruth2010

Lol. The extra dollar goes to fund our petting zoo ;D

Jalkuranis

Atta way to take the joke and run with it! But seriously y'all should get some of those little ponies(whatever they are called) for the kids!

Proud Buckaroo

-Painted Fan-

Charleston charges $5 for adults and $4 for students.

-Painted Fan-

As for this game, I predict the Warriors don't lose another game this regular season,  and finish 8-2.

ATU

Most games that i have been to the last 2 years has been 5 bucks.Go to Ft. smith games you pay 6 bucks.But you can go to a ATU game for 8 bucks.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ATU on October 19, 2014, 08:31:58 pm
Most games that i have been to the last 2 years has been 5 bucks.Go to Ft. smith games you pay 6 bucks.But you can go to a ATU game for 8 bucks.

Or use my old student ID for that Tech game?

I knew playoff games were 5 bucks, just surprised me to see it that price...Guess I'm a tight wad 8)

Proud Buckaroo

Coach Jones

$5 is the conference price set by a vote by the superintendents.

footballone

ChucktownTiger

Danville is coming of a couple good wins. Lamar is coming of a tough loss at the hands of the Tigers. I look for Lamar to bounce back and make a statement in this one.

LHS - 49
DHS - 7

BigMan15

TheTruth2010

Lamar has come out flat. Worst I've seen them play all year.

Clara Allen

Lamar 35
Danville 34
Final

The warriors did not play anything close to what they have been.   Or Danville is starting to get some momentum. 
But a W is a W

Proud Buckaroo

eagle-fan

I hear that Crain went for 2 to win and was stopped. Guess you go by the momentum that got you there instead of tying up game and going into overtime. Always a tough decision but do agree with the decision. Danville likely will be in playoffs for first time since being upped to 3A.. Congrats to Danville on a very good game.   ;D

TheTruth2010

Congrats to Danville, played a dang good game and with a lot of heart. Lamar scored 28 unanswered points to take a 35-21 lead. With 5 minutes left Lamar had the ball and had to punt. Danville scored to make it 35-28. Danville recovered an onside kick, and marched down to score to make it 35 to 34. Danville lines up for the extra point, then called timeout. Came back out with the offense went for 2 and came up short.

Bigredhog1971

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on October 23, 2014, 07:04:35 am
Danville is coming of a couple good wins. Lamar is coming of a tough loss at the hands of the Tigers. I look for Lamar to bounce back and make a statement in this one.

LHS - 49
DHS - 7
nice prediction

TheTruth2010

I was off too, I think we all were. Play this game again lamar wins by 20 plus. Danville is playing some good football right now. I'm sure they will finish the 4 seed. Lamar played well in the 2nd and 3rd and they were snoozing in the first and fourth. Luckily it didn't come back to bite them this time.

BUCK FEVER

Sounds like Lamar almost lost 3 in row. :o :o :o

TheTruth2010

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on October 24, 2014, 11:58:19 pm
Sounds like Lamar almost lost 3 in row. :o :o :o
We can't all have an easy conference like Smackover. Win is a win. Probably should have won bigger but it's over now and the fact is Lamar won and will win the last 2.

Clara Allen

Our passing game that has been our bread and butter all season was nonexistent in the first half.  They did come out flat.  There were adjustments made during the week at practice, and that was confusing them a bit as well.  It was a different team the second half, but we still made some mistakes and that almost cost us the win.  But as the Truth says, a win is a win and we should win our last two games.  Hopefully this will be a big wake up call to the kids that we can't overlook anybody.  I'm not saying that's what was going on last night, but it is true!   We want the opportunity to have the opportunity to travel in late November!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas