• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-3A tied in a knot?

Started by Coltfan2005, October 18, 2014, 01:10:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coltfan2005

Well, in first you have
OSCEOLA at 4-0 32....this is a team that beat Corning by one point and then beat Hoxie, a team who destroyed Rivercrest who slaughtered Corning. Guess you really can not compare games between common opponents.
Then you have
Hoxie 3-1 39
Rivercrest 3-1 39
Melbourne 3-1 39
Hoxie has got to be hoping the Colts win out, allowing them the 1st place seed. Or do they really want it? The Colts can clinch the second seed by winning out, giving Hoxie the first seed. The Melbourne and Osceola games grow very important for the Colts.

Corning 1-3  13
Manila 1-3  10
Piggott 1-3  8
and sliding in last is
Cedar Ridge 0-4

Corning, manila, and Piggott all have a victory over Cedar Ridge but none of them have played each other. It will probably come down to the last game of the season (Piggott vs Corning) to decide which of those two gets the number 5 seed.

Rivercrest over Cedar Ridge
Hoxie over Corning
Piggott over Manila
Osceola and Melbourne... which Osceola team shows up? How much home cooking does Melbourne have? I'm going with the Seminoles to win and stay undefeated in conf.

501Arkansas

Nice i like that man and I agree 100%. Seminole's playing good football right now. I just hope my guy tevin james comes back next week at 100%. He played his heart out last night as a result in playing his heart out the kid popped his his jaw out of place, messed his ankle up can't really walk and popped his thumb out of place. This kid is unbelievable. He showed his senior leadership last night so did the qb Harold... I just really hope them guys play like they did last night following into next Friday's game.....GOOD GAME SEMINOLES

Proud Buckaroo

Congratulations on the win, Osceola. Really proved a point here.

Radiotalker

Yes that was a big win and I can't remember when the Seminoles started 4-0 in conference play. However, Osceola hasn't won anything yet. Tough road game @ Melbourne and finish with Colts. Tevin James arguably the best athlete in the conference.   

ISU7

October 19, 2014, 12:37:47 pm #4 Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:41:24 pm by ISU7
Its sad too say, the 5th seed from this conf will have the.best playoff draw. 1-4 will all be in the top half of the brackets with Charleston, Booneville, Mcgehee amd.Prescott.UNBELIEVEABLE.. One and three from this conf will actually play each other in the 2.d rd if they both should win.

Radiotalker

Quote from: ISU7 on October 19, 2014, 12:37:47 pm
Its sad too say, the 5th seed from this conf will have the.best playoff draw. 1-4 will all be in the top half of the brackets with Charleston, Booneville, Mcgehee amd.Prescott.UNBELIEVEABLE.. One and three from this conf will actually play each other in the 2.d rd if they both should win.

saw that.....kinda jacked up

Coltfan2005

you know, it really doesn't take an large amount of intelligence to make up playoff brackets. Yet, these guys can't seem to get it right. Kind of makes you wonder who they love so much in the bottom of the bracket. Perhaps they should have someone they have to answer to.

Paperman

Hey Radiotalker, I think a case could be made for Harold Weedon as far as athletes go. Tevin really put it on the line the other night, what a performance by that young man. That was quite a game the Seminoles played in Lawrence County. The road gets trickier this weekend. Melbourne will be tough test. OHS will have to be on its game once again. Best wishes to the 'Noles.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Paperman on October 20, 2014, 11:53:25 am
Hey Radiotalker, I think a case could be made for Harold Weedon as far as athletes go. Tevin really put it on the line the other night, what a performance by that young man. That was quite a game the Seminoles played in Lawrence County. The road gets trickier this weekend. Melbourne will be tough test. OHS will have to be on its game once again. Best wishes to the 'Noles.

No doubt

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Paperman on October 20, 2014, 11:53:25 am

By trickier, do you mean tougher? Because I do not believe Melbourne is half the team Hoxie is. If the Seminoles play like they did last Friday this game gets out of hand.

Paperman

No Coltfan2005. I do mean trickier, because you don't know what to expect playing 3 hours from home in place you have never been before. Plus the last two are at Seminole Stadium. No doubt Seminoles, if they win this week, will roll Cedar Ridge. The last game, THE RIVALRY, will be the toughest. Both teams could be winless and it would be a really battle. Seminoles and Colts still have much to play for and if Osceola trips up, then the points can really create some headaches come playoff time. Some one said in another post the last three weeks are going to be interesting. I couldn't agree more.

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 20, 2014, 11:45:43 am
you know, it really doesn't take an large amount of intelligence to make up playoff brackets. Yet, these guys can't seem to get it right. Kind of makes you wonder who they love so much in the bottom of the bracket. Perhaps they should have someone they have to answer to.
+1

Coltfan2005

Osceola stays undefeated in conf and Hoxie takes out their frustration on Corning. Manila trumps Piggott, and Rivercrest doesn't show up for the game but wins anyway.

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 24, 2014, 10:28:54 pm
Osceola stays undefeated in conf and Hoxie takes out their frustration on Corning. Manila trumps Piggott, and Rivercrest doesn't show up for the game but wins anyway.
Seems to me the Colts havnt showed up all year, its too late in the season to be hearing this. What do they do in practice. Colts will probably finish fourth in conf...

ISU7

The winner of this conf will probably win two games in th playoffs, then end their season on black Friday in Charleston.... 8)

Coltfan2005

Quote from: ISU7 on October 25, 2014, 07:58:18 am
Seems to me the Colts havnt showed up all year, its too late in the season to be hearing this. What do they do in practice. Colts will probably finish fourth in conf...

going to have to lose to Melbourne and Osceola to finish fourth, but that is a possibility.

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 25, 2014, 12:20:29 pm
Quote from: ISU7 on October 25, 2014, 07:58:18 am

going to have to lose to Melbourne and Osceola to finish fourth, but that is a possibility.
Like I said Colts will be fourth seed..

Head Lion

Lions lose 40-24 to Corning.

Coltfan2005

4th seed draw isn't looking too awful right now

Sick Dog

Anyone a threat n this conference to do any damage?

501Arkansas

Hoxie, Melbourne and Osceola. Osceola has the hot hand right now. On a 6 game winning streak, getting better every week,  and shocking teams. They are good!!!

OB11

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 02, 2014, 09:19:22 pm

Wouldn't it mean a trip to McGehee for the Colts?

Radiotalker

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on November 03, 2014, 09:40:49 am
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 02, 2014, 09:19:22 pm

Wouldn't it mean a trip to McGehee for the Colts?

That's the way I see it and possible re-match with Hoxie, and then Prescott.

OB11

That's a pretty tall order for any team. 

ISU7

Not as tall as the 1st or 3rd seeds qf trip to Charleston

DatBoot

November 04, 2014, 07:57:04 am #25 Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 08:03:11 am by DatBoot
Hootens come out with their standing
#6                Hoxie             8-1
#12              Osceola           6-3
#20              Melbourne        7-2
#21              Rivercrest        4-4

They picked Osc over Rivercrest by 4

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas