• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If the Playoffs started today...after week 8

Started by HorseFeathers, October 15, 2014, 09:44:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

adaptedtigerfan

It was a jerkbait had 3 trebles on it..  Just couldn't help but get hooked!!

MustangRampage

Going back-to-back is tough.  Ask the 95 Razorbacks or any other of the countless teams who have been unsuccessful.  I understand that Charleston is basically an SEC team who happens to play in the 3A, or at least that's how the posters project the image.  I hope we get to play them so I can get a first hand look at what has to be the second coming of Peyton Manning.

Of course, all this speculation may be for naught after Chucktown loses to Booneville.  ;D

adaptedtigerfan

I'm still holding to my July pick..  On that.

DeeGee

Quote from: MustangRampage on October 16, 2014, 10:08:58 pm
Going back-to-back is tough.  Ask the 95 Razorbacks or any other of the countless teams who have been unsuccessful.  I understand that Charleston is basically an SEC team who happens to play in the 3A, or at least that's how the posters project the image.  I hope we get to play them so I can get a first hand look at what has to be the second coming of Peyton Manning.

Of course, all this speculation may be for naught after Chucktown loses to Booneville.  ;D

I have to say after watching Charleston the last 2 years, my personal opinion is that they will win back to back state championships. They are a very seasoned team. We did beat them in 2012 playoffs. Then they tore us up in state 2013. For anyone to doubt their ability is foolish.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: Mightymustang1 on October 16, 2014, 09:27:04 pm
Have you seen the Hoxie defense? Hoxie is scoring 44.6 ppg while only allowing 6.8 ppg.
Hoxie has allowed 8.83 points per game. 53 points allowed/6 games. Still GREAT numbers though!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Mightymustang1 on October 16, 2014, 09:49:52 pm
as bad as the 3-3a may be, with their victory over tridition  rich Barton, personally I think that game alone have Hoxie a look at one of the states best & prepared them for any situation that may come.

Barton isn't one of the states best anymore....They just have that name recognition. Just my opinion though.

MustangRampage

Quote from: DeeGoldie on October 16, 2014, 10:38:16 pm

I have to say after watching Charleston the last 2 years, my personal opinion is that they will win back to back state championships. They are a very seasoned team. We did beat them in 2012 playoffs. Then they tore us up in state 2013. For anyone to doubt their ability is foolish.

I don't doubt their ability in the slightest.  I laid the sarcasm on pretty thick because to listen to some of the posters I don't know why other teams even bother to show up and try.  At this point, I don't know how anyone can even watch Charleston play.  It must be like trying to stare directly into the sun.  You can't help but be blinded by their sheer awesomeness.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: MustangRampage on October 17, 2014, 08:37:26 am

I don't doubt their ability in the slightest.  I laid the sarcasm on pretty thick because to listen to some of the posters I don't know why other teams even bother to show up and try.  At this point, I don't know how anyone can even watch Charleston play.  It must be like trying to stare directly into the sun.  You can't help but be blinded by their sheer awesomeness.

Who is Charleston?

Lineman

Admitting that is generally the biggest hurdle folks face. Everyone comes around eventually. There's a support group that helps people cope with this. The meetings are usually held in Paris.

2010Tigerhaz-been

Quote from: Lineman on October 17, 2014, 08:52:36 am

Admitting that is generally the biggest hurdle folks face. Everyone comes around eventually. There's a support group that helps people cope with this. The meetings are usually held in Paris.

HA!

nastynice

Thats funny right there!

MustangRampage

Quote from: nastynice on October 17, 2014, 10:51:15 am

Thats funny right there!

Well played sir!

ISU7

Quote from: Mightymustang1 on October 16, 2014, 09:37:31 pm
Hoxie is clearly the best team in 3-3a but wait. They are coming for anyone in their way come playoff time.
The Noles didnt think so, and ruin their homecoming..Smh

Clara Allen

You were really bored!!!   However, I can't fault you with the final!!!

Jalkuranis

HorseFeathers

Updated to reflect last weeks results....and ummmm Let's just say that calpreps has fallen in love with the 3A-4...

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HF on October 19, 2014, 09:54:06 pm
Updated to reflect last weeks results....and ummmm Let's just say that calpreps has fallen in love with the 3A-4...

No way...

See the thing I hate about Calpreps. They get all their information from Maxpreps. Which we all know, Maxpreps only has the information that's given by coaches/fans mostly.

WPWells

That looks fairly accurate. Good job, calpreps!

adaptedtigerfan

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 20, 2014, 05:17:10 am
That looks fairly accurate. Good job, calpreps!

In all honesty. Do you believe that Lamar would beat Smackover?

WPWells

After seeing Lamar on Friday, I think they're better than what people give them credit for. I haven't seen Smackover, so I can't speak for them. (Side note: I'd love to watch some film on Smackover and Prescott and I have a HUDL if anyone wants to supply me with some)

Looking at that draw, I could potentially see Danville making the quarters. Probably wouldn't beat Harding, though

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 20, 2014, 06:41:59 am
After seeing Lamar on Friday, I think they're better than what people give them credit for. I haven't seen Smackover, so I can't speak for them. (Side note: I'd love to watch some film on Smackover and Prescott and I have a HUDL if anyone wants to supply me with some)

Looking at that draw, I could potentially see Danville making the quarters. Probably wouldn't beat Harding, though

Go to HUDL.com. And look up 'Smackover High school.' There is plent of highlights from last season. A big one to watch is 'Jordan Jones' highlights. They are all free to the public to watch.

Proud Buckaroo

Just checked our HUDL. We have this seasons highlights up now..

WPWells

I'll go look! Do y'all have any full games up?

And I lied earlier. I streamed some of the Smackover-JC game. I can't quite make a fair assessment based off of a weak stream though

Proud Buckaroo

DatBoot

3-3A got the short end of the stick on the playoff draws, 4/5 teams are in the top part of the bracket. If the stars align and all it wouldn't be anything but a conf. showdown in the 2nd round. The 5th seed came out smelling like a rose from our conf. but there is still 4 weeks of football left and lots of things could happen in our conf!

HorseFeathers

I think that the whole 3a got shafted as far as the bracket goes!

nastynice

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 20, 2014, 07:01:38 am
http://www.hudl.com/team/17780/#highlights/80472817

To make it easier on you or any one else..
Decent highlights......................Booneville/Charleston roll by 14-21 pts.

KOJACK

Quote from: nastynice on October 20, 2014, 09:27:46 am

Well, Booneville only if it's raining right?  ::)

BUCK FEVER

Pretty evident the Buckaroos was dead even with Junction city  (12-12) till the 4 horses went out of the game.............that was the difference in the final score................

INTERESTING.

Overall Top 20 (last week's rank in brackets, record in parentheses)
1. [1] North Little Rock (6-1)
2. [3] Fayetteville (6-1)
3. [2] Bentonville (3-4)
4. [5] Conway (7-0)
5. [4] Fort Smith Northside (6-1)
6. [9] Bryant (6-0-1)
7. [6] Pulaski Academy (6-1)
8. [7] Pine Bluff (5-2)
9. [16] Junction City (6-0)
10. [10] Fort Smith Southside (5-2)
11. [12] Charleston (7-0)
12. [11] Dardanelle (7-0)
13. [8] Greenwood (4-3)
14. [20] Batesville (6-1)
15. [17] Warren (5-2)

Proud Buckaroo

nastynice

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 20, 2014, 09:38:04 am

DECENT? Dude.. Are you blind?
I couldn't tell which team was Smackover!! Looked more like our junior high highlights!

Proud Buckaroo

BUCK FEVER

Jalkuranis

I don't know which game I just watched highlights from. But it looks like y'all love running outside. The line of who y'all played wasn't very good. Against a more disciplined line with some LBs focused on containment. Seems like that would make for a WR/DB matchup. But y'all do have some speed!

Proud Buckaroo

It didn't show a lot of it. But we run up the middle a lot. Had a lot of success doing that against junction and I know Fouke. The highlights from the Fordyce game isn't up yet. But dewayne jones(#5) ran to the strong side(right), busted five tackles, cut back to the weak side(left) and ran almost 60 yards for a TD.

Jalkuranis

Okay, mostly of what I saw were outside runs/reverses/misdirection to get to the sideline... But once they hit the sideline they were gone. Looks like ya got some beefy boys up front too. I really need to make it to a Smackover game. I know a few people from down there. I hear nothing but good things about the program. Just want to expand my knowledge so I can post more about statewide teams than just the 3A-4.

Proud Buckaroo

We recently started using our two best recievers as runners too. The best game you should see this year will be when we play McGehee.

Jalkuranis

Would if I could, but I'll be sitting amongst the Felines at Chucktown.

Proud Buckaroo

Then the next game; hopefully we beat Mcgehee, would be the Smackover/Lamar game.

nastynice

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on October 20, 2014, 09:53:20 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 20, 2014, 09:38:04 am

DECENT? Dude.. Are you blind?

Ok, I'll watch it again, but you're gonna have to tell me what Smackovers colors are so I'll know which team I'm supposed to be watching!!

Proud Buckaroo

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HF on October 15, 2014, 09:44:26 pm
W4---Charleston/Booneville
BYE

3rd 5 Episcopal/B. Harmony Grove
4th 6 Fouke
===========================
W3    Osceola
5th 6 C. Harmony Grove

3rd 3 RiverCrest
4th 1 Elkins/Green Forest
W5 Prescott
5th 4 Lavaca/Danville/paris

2nd 4 Booneville/Charleston
3rd 2 Barton
============================
2nd 6 Smackover/McGehee
4th 3 Melbourne

2nd 3 Hoxie
5th 2 Marianna/Bald Knob
===============================
Bottom Bracket
W 1 West Fork
Bye

3rd 6 Fordyce
4th 5 Bismarck/Jessieville/Centerpoint
W6 Smackover/Mcgehee
5th 5 Centerpoint/Jessieville/Bismarck

3rd 4 Lamar
4th 2 Bald Knob/Marianna
W2 Harding Academy/Mayflower
5th 1 Elkins/Greenforest

2nd 2 Harding Academy/mayflower
3rd 1 Greenland
=================================
2nd 5 B. Harmony Grove/Episcopal
4th 4 Lavaca/Paris/Danville

2nd 1 Mountain View(Ok history Buffs, has Mnt View ever hosted a playoff game?)
5th 3 Manila

So broke all the ties using Playoff Points/Head to Head/and Calpreps project a match up.....And projected the bracket out after that

W4---Charleston
BYE

3rd 5 B.HG     35
4th 6 Fouke     14
W3    Osceola                      35
5th 6 C. Harmony Grove       20

3rd 3 RiverCrest   31
4th 1 Elkins          24
W5 Prescott    38
5th 4 Lavaca  14

2nd 4 Booneville  44
3rd 2 Barton        12
============================
2nd 6 McGehee  38
4th 3 Melbourne 28

2nd 3 Hoxie        44
5th 2 Marianna   14
Bottom Bracket
W 1 West Fork
Bye

3rd 6 Fordyce       24
4th 5 Centerpoint  21
W6 Smackover  42
5th 5 Bismarck  07

3rd 4 Lamar        34
4th 2 Bald Knob  17
W2 Harding Academy   42
5th 1 Greenforest         17

2nd 2 mayflower        42
3rd 1 Greenland         28
=================================
2nd 5 Episcopal   34
4th 4 Danville      28

2nd 1 Mountain View  34
5th 3 Manila              10

2nd Round
Charleston                 48
B. harmony Grove       13

Osceola           34
Rivercrest        28
=====================
Prescott         27
Booneville      35

McGehee        24
Hoxie             38
======================
Bottom Bracket
West Fork       28
Fordyce          20

Smackover     30
Lamar            31
==========================
Harding Academy   35
Mayflower             34

Episcopal             42
Mountain View     17

3rd Round
Charleston          49
Osceola              10

Booneville           31
Hoxie                  20
=========================
West Fork            17
Lamar                  38

Harding Academy 21
Episcopal             31

Semi Finals
Charleston         31
Booneville          26

Lamar                34
Episcopal            28

Finals
Charleston          44
Lamar                26

Ummmm Just want to throw this out there....the scores ARE NOT MINE they come from http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2014/project_matchup1_new.pl  I just simply broke the ties and projected all of the match ups as they fell on the bracket...

rbhs8990

Is it not strange that the winner of conf 2 and runner up of conf 2 could meet in the 2nd round??  It's the only one I saw where 1st and 2nd place of a conf are together in the bracket.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: rbhs8990 on October 27, 2014, 08:20:16 pm
Is it not strange that the winner of conf 2 and runner up of conf 2 could meet in the 2nd round??  It's the only one I saw where 1st and 2nd place of a conf are together in the bracket.

it's stupid IMO...the 1 seed and 3 seed from the 3A-3 could play in the second round as well...1 and 2 should never be on the same side of the bracket, let alone in the same quadrant...

Pastureboy21

ECS in the Semi's, I never thought i'd see the day  ;D

DatBoot

Hoxie got the big head after beating Rivercrest, and look what Osceola did! No doubt Charleston is a great team, just make sure you do what you're suppose to and don't think that some teams are just going to hand you a Victory. It's 3AAA football, never know what is going to happen!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas