• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 5 QBs in 3A

Started by Mustang88, October 15, 2014, 03:54:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang88

Don't know much personally about the quarterbacks in 3A. Would like to know what you guys think. I know how good Ty Storey is, and I also know Cole Sears is good. Anybody know some other good ones?

WPWells

Adam Dycus - Mayflower
Morgan Yates - Two Rivers

Mustang88

I know Sears and Storey are getting D-1 offers. Are any of these others getting those?

Mustang88

I'm sorry. I completely forgot Storey was already commited to Arkansas. Still getting offers though.

adaptedtigerfan

Who has Sears been offered by?  I saw him @ ASU elite camp this summer...  Looked pretty good but nowhere in the same league as Storey.  I was impressed with him tho.

HorseFeathers

dycus from mayflower deserves a mention

Mustang88

I know he has been offered by A-State, East Carolina among others. Has been looked at by Missouri but not offered yet.

Mustang88

nastynice

What about Booneville's Ray? I mean, with a good outing this friday night he could close in on 100 yds passing for his career.  :D

WPWells

I'll say this, though. He's the perfect quarterback for Booneville's offense

redandgray

October 15, 2014, 06:13:20 pm #10 Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:21:44 pm by redandgray
1. Storey
2. Dycus
considerable gap

HorseCollar

Clark from smackover is really good. He doesn't have the numbers others do but he is an outstanding football player.

GoCats

The Francis kid at Harding Academy is pretty solid in the backfield. He's a great decision maker.

RDP96

Atkins qb- Alex Spradlin

nastynice

One thing for sure is that Storey ruins for everyone else. As a passer no one compares in 3a. He has set the mark pretty high. Can't wait to see him in a couple weeks!!

RDP96

I would say
1. Storey (Charleston)
2. Dycus (Mayflower)
3. Sears (Hoxie)
4. Spradlin (not being bias just think he's up there)
5. Sampley (Lamar)
6. Francis (Harding)

bootlegger

If storey is as good as everyone says he is he should be the razorbacks starting quarterback next year without a dought

GoCats

The only reason I don't think he will start, just like Rafe Peavy didn't start this year, is because of how big the adjustment is to go from shotgun to under center. It's tougher than people might think. He's still a heck of a quarterback though.

WPWells

BigWolfC/O2017

Trevor pipkin of Prescott isn't that bad to only be a junior

YC

Quote from: bootlegger on October 15, 2014, 08:31:42 pm
If storey is as good as everyone says he is he should be the razorbacks starting quarterback next year without a dought

Storey will not start for the Razorbacks next year. A kid just does not walk out of high school and start at quarterback for a team that has a legitimate chance to win a southeastern conference championship. He will redshirt his first year and will have a legitimate chance to start as a redshirt freshman the following year.

I will say this however. If Brandon Allen were playing at Charleston this year he would be 2nd string. 

nastynice

Quote from: IofthaTiger on October 15, 2014, 09:02:18 pm

Storey will not start for the Razorbacks next year. A kid just does not walk out of high school and start at quarterback for a team that has a legitimate chance to win a southeastern conference championship. He will redshirt his first year and will have a legitimate chance to start as a redshirt freshman the following year.

I will say this however. If Brandon Allen were playing at Charleston this year he would be 2nd string.
Oh snap!!

nastynice

October 15, 2014, 09:10:24 pm #22 Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:34:21 pm by nastynice

If Brandon Allen were at Bvlle this year, we would have his arss on the line. Not that our QB is the best but we need one more good lineman!

MustangRampage

I agree with this statement.  It looks like the Hogs are going to have a pretty good chance to make a run next year.  They are going to be experienced in all the right places while a lot of other schools are going to be starting fresh.  No way a true freshman starts under center.  Had it been two years ago, I would say yes without a doubt.  The issue is timing.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Bville and Charleston  probably have  better receivers than the hogs do right now.

WildcatGrandpa13

Can't forget about Munson from Episcopal, he's been getting the job done for Episcopal and has very few interceptions for the amount of TDs he has

snoopy22

I've seen Pipkin and Munson....Both very good.

WPWells

snoopy22

I would consider him remarkable, but KOJACK is the guy you would need to ask.  He knows every meaning of that word straight from Webster's!!

RTF

I wish we could see Storey in a higher division with better defenses. My only thing on Storey is can he read defenses and get up to the speed of college D-1 play. I hope he can for my Hogs sake.

Pastureboy21

Quote from: HorseCollar on October 15, 2014, 07:00:12 pm
Clark from smackover is really good. He doesn't have the numbers others do but he is an outstanding football player.
Great QB. He went like 15 of 16 or something like that against ECS last year. I heard he was getting recruited for baseball though.

ECS's QB is improving every game, and let me tell yall somethin.. that boys got a cannon. Daily competitions with the long snapper on speed and accuracy. Always fun to watch

cdelaney

Quote from: snoopy22 on October 16, 2014, 10:01:05 am
I've seen Pipkin and Munson....Both very good.
Pipkin played lights out against ECS, hit a lot of deep balls vs man coverage with ECS loading up in box. Easily best we have faced, not saying much though.....

Truckman555

Here are the top 5 QBs in 3A

1. Ty Storey (Charleston)
2. Cole Sears (Hoxie)
3. Adam Dycus (Mayflower)
4. Douglas Munson (Episcopal)
5. Trevor Pipkin (Prescott)
5b. Logan Clark (Smackover)

Jalkuranis

I think number 2 and 3 need to be switched for ya. I had heard of the Dycus kid before... Haven't heard of the Sears kid til now.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on October 16, 2014, 10:28:30 am
Quote from: HorseCollar on October 15, 2014, 07:00:12 pm
Great QB. He went like 15 of 16 or something like that against ECS last year. I heard he was getting recruited for baseball though.

ECS's QB is improving every game, and let me tell yall somethin.. that boys got a cannon. Daily competitions with the long snapper on speed and accuracy. Always fun to watch

Yeah, he is a wonderful baseball player as well. He is being recruited in baseball, and has already decided which school he is going to. He was really hoping to get some looks at him for football too.

snoopy22

Some good qbs in 3A this year.

Hootie

Storey is just impressive period. Pocket presence, reading the defense, never get's flustered, quick release, accurate, and has a cannon. Can't wait to watch him play for the Hogs!

Dycus is the second best in 3A, longshot from first, longshot from third in my opinion. He's very quick, elusive runner, quick trigger, accurate, and has a cannon. Dycus could probably light it up at a D-2 school. He reminds me of Scott Buisson from UAM a few years back.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hootie on October 16, 2014, 04:07:21 pm
Storey is just impressive period. Pocket presence, reading the defense, never get's flustered, quick release, accurate, and has a cannon. Can't wait to watch him play for the Hogs!

Dycus is the second best in 3A, longshot from first, longshot from third in my opinion. He's very quick, elusive runner, quick trigger, accurate, and has a cannon. Dycus could probably light it up at a D-2 school. He reminds me of Scott Buisson from UAM a few years back.

IMO(Keep in mind it was against Dover), if Dycus was a bit taller, and maybe a little bit stronger in the arm(Didn't see him throw in any real deep balls that night that I remember) someone like A state would be recruiting him.....But I might go watch a game at Tech if they signed a QB like him that can make almost any throw that's needed....or at least he could that night.

footballgirl08

Morgan Yates has a great running game but is a HORRIBLE team player. He loses more yards in a football game Than any one I have ever seen! The only thing that boy has going for him is he can run...end of story

WPWells

Morgan Yates is the main reason Two Rivers hung with Charleston for a while last week

HorseFeathers

Quote from: footballgirl08 on October 16, 2014, 09:31:47 pm
Morgan Yates has a great running game but is a HORRIBLE team player. He loses more yards in a football game Than any one I have ever seen! The only thing that boy has going for him is he can run...end of story

Hmm...Footballgirl..and has a hatred for what some call a bright spot for your team. Spurned Exgirlfriend?

footballgirl08

No I'm a mother of 5 he's much to young. Haha no I have seen him play every game this year trust me he's not as good as everyone thinks he is.

footballgirl08

And he has his good times but he has A LOT of bad times. School politics. All in the last name

HorseFeathers

Quote from: footballgirl08 on October 16, 2014, 09:37:11 pm
No I'm a mother of 5 he's much to young. Haha no I have seen him play every game this year trust me he's not as good as everyone thinks he is.

Well it was worth a shot lol

I haven't seen Two Rivers play in a while(Year after Blake Noakes committed high treason against Ola I believe is the last time)...But been told Two Rivers is way down. Kid might think he has to do it all by himself and tries to force things that aren't there.

footballgirl08

Exactly making comments to the kids about how he does everything on the team ect. It's really sad. He has some great moments when he wants to but that's the thing he HAS TO WANT TO other wise he don't give a crap. He had boys open to pass to and takes it back 15-20 yards for a loss. Instead of passing or throwing it away.

DeeGee

Haven't seen them this year but last year Two Rivers was a pretty good team. Had a lot of fight and great sportsmanship.

adaptedtigerfan

Dee, Great sportsmanship is an understatement...   Most class I have ever seen was last week @ Two Rivers.

DeeGee

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 16, 2014, 09:53:05 pm
Dee, Great sportsmanship is an understatement...   Most class I have ever seen was last week @ Two Rivers.

Every time we played them I had not one negative thought. They were always a great bunch of kids and coaching staff. Very respectful no matter how bad they lost. I have much respect for Two Rivers.

the green moose

Colton Wise from West Fork with an amzing arm, has thrown for over 1000 yards so far this year, and hes just a junior. He'll be one of if not the top QB next year for the 3A

jr17

After tonight I have to throw Grant Glaze from Bald Knob in their... that kid is a player.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas