• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barton @ Atkins

Started by FNLsupporter, October 11, 2014, 09:52:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FNLsupporter

After seeing Mayflower put points on the board like they did, this could be another tough week for Barton. Atkins seems to score a lot of points, just don't know if they can stop Barton from scoring also. I say an upset of sorts and Atkins finds a way to win.

Atkins 48
Barton 40

HorseFeathers

Quote from: FNLsupporter on October 11, 2014, 09:52:43 pm
After seeing Mayflower put points on the board like they did, this could be another tough week for Barton. Atkins seems to score a lot of points, just don't know if they can stop Barton from scoring also. I say an upset of sorts and Atkins finds a way to win.

Atkins 48
Barton 40

Just gonna go out on a limb here and guess that(and base it on 2nd hand information from folks that attend games, or would that be first hand?), Atkins doesn't have an Adam Dycus, or a Bailey in the backfield, or the receiver corp that Mayflower does...

FNLsupporter

October 11, 2014, 10:27:14 pm #2 Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 10:30:41 pm by FNLsupporter
Absolutely right. Mayflower definitely loaded with playmakers. I figure on a dry field, Mayflower would've been able to score in the 70's this past Friday. That's why I pick Atkins to put up 48 on a dry field. Barton may beat the brakes off Atkins. Just a prediction from what Barton has struggled with in other games such as H.A. and Marianna.

RDP96

Agree to disagree on the qb and playmakers.  I guess making all state last year for atkins qb, wasn't enough to prove he is one of the top 10 qbs in the state.  I'm not worried about our offense it's our defense that worries me.  But we will find out come Friday night

WowAnArrowFan

Barton-30+ and brings their defense this week
Atkins14- defense could use a lot of work.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RDP96 on October 11, 2014, 10:32:11 pm
Agree to disagree on the qb and playmakers.  I guess making all state last year for atkins qb, wasn't enough to prove he is one of the top 10 qbs in the state.  I'm not worried about our offense it's our defense that worries me.  But we will find out come Friday night

Wait...was he an all state QB? That's interesting since he was in the same conference with Ty Storey...

RDP96

Yes he was an all state last year. 

FNLsupporter

Quote from: RDP96 on October 11, 2014, 10:32:11 pm
You guys have pretty good athletes and I don't want to imply otherwise. But as a whole group, Dycus(top 5 all-time passing yards in state by seasons end)  and Bailey(ESPN top 300 prospect with D1 offers) , not to mention the receivers Woodham and Duncan...those guys are as good as they come in a 3A offense. I do understand your thought though...your defense is gonna have to step it up to pull it off against Barton. I think you guys will do it.

Bwana

I'll take Barton by 17 and say that Atkins finishes the year 3-7 with wins against Rose Bud and Perryville to end the year..

oasistrader

Bears

Da Bears get back on track and finish the season winning all their games ending up being 8-2 on the year. Go Bears!

Lions84

RDP96

I'm going to say bears.  But I hope the Red Devils can pull one out this week.  If bears win it will be 43-28. If Red Devils can pull it off I say 46-43.  Let's go Red Devils.  RDP

Hogwild#9

Atkins will win this game. Barton is terrible this year. They have one quality player and that is Cameron Anderson. They look like a junior high team this year and they don't have the fight or passion that they have had in years past. Atkins 49 Barton 28

Bears

Wow Hogwild way to rip the Bears

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hogwild#9 on October 16, 2014, 09:50:43 am
Atkins will win this game. Barton is terrible this year. They have one quality player and that is Cameron Anderson. They look like a junior high team this year and they don't have the fight or passion that they have had in years past. Atkins 49 Barton 28

And apparently Atkins defense can't stop anyone outside of Perry County....Sooooo if Atkins wins I think it takes the form of another one of those 60+ games for both teams again :D

Hogwild#9

Quote from: HF on October 16, 2014, 07:42:00 pm

And apparently Atkins defense can't stop anyone outside of Perry County....Sooooo if Atkins wins I think it takes the form of another one of those 60+ games for both teams again :D
You are right about Atkins D but Barton's O is about as bad as I have seen this year

way2go

Quote from: Hogwild#9 on October 17, 2014, 12:29:35 am

You are right about Atkins D but Barton's O is about as bad as I have seen this year

Interesting that you say that since Barton's O scored 39 points on Mayflower.

Hogwild#9

Quote from: way2go on October 17, 2014, 12:06:32 pm
Quote from: Hogwild#9 on October 17, 2014, 12:29:35 am

Interesting that you say that since Barton's O scored 39 points on Mayflower.
That should you tell you something right there. They only scored 39 points on Mayflowers D....

Lions84

50-32 Bears  This Atkins D leaked like a Shelve.

Proud Buckaroo

Does anyone in this conference play defense?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 19, 2014, 02:37:41 pm
Does anyone in this conference play defense?

Defense is overrated :D

Proud Buckaroo

Maybe for this conference..

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 19, 2014, 08:29:06 pm
Maybe for this conference..

No, For everyone...don't you listen to Hogs fans on the call in shows?? Smashmouth defense first play is not the way to go...we need to be Air Raid and hope to outscore the other team!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas