• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar vs. Charleston

Started by FNLsupporter, October 11, 2014, 01:36:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nastynice

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 16, 2014, 02:10:05 pm
Lamar had 1 slip up in a bad weather game against a good team. Lamar May not win but they will prove they belong where they are.
So if they lose this week again, where do they belong?

The Dynasty

Lamar had 1 slip up in a bad weather game against a good team. Lamar May not win but they will prove they belong where they are.

Please explain. I was under the impression that the score was 36-12. If this is correct how did one slip up result in a 24 point difference?

nastynice

It was 36-6 when 2nd and 3rd string went in.

cdelaney

I think they have 3 slip ups this week and lose by 30+ in good weather.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: The Dynasty on October 16, 2014, 02:24:39 pm

Please explain. I was under the impression that the score was 36-12. If this is correct how did one slip up result in a 24 point difference?

Thought it was clear here that he considers the whole game a major slip up and nothing to go into panic mode about yet...

adaptedtigerfan

HorseFeathers

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 16, 2014, 06:13:24 pm
That's how I took it

Panic Mode will ensue if they get mercy ruled in a quarter and a half at Charleston this week....

ATU

Lineman

Since Lamar can't bring their own officiating crew, I heard there's going to be a few loaded litter trucks parked by the visitor stands so they'll feel more at home.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lineman on October 16, 2014, 09:32:24 pm
Since Lamar can't bring their own officiating crew, I heard there's going to be a few loaded litter trucks parked by the visitor stands so they'll feel more at home.

Ouch

HeadBussa08

not really any debate on this game. Charleston rolls 42-12

MICHAELSPAPPY

I hear that Doc's #2 son (Luke, age 5) has drawn up some special plays for tonight's game. Better watch out!

You remember those days of playing in the front yard, don't you? How about a triple reverse pass? That ought to work every time. Always did for me. Of course there was no opposition, but why quibble about details.

The Dynasty

Quote from: HF on October 16, 2014, 06:03:15 pm
Quote from: The Dynasty on October 16, 2014, 02:24:39 pm

Thought it was clear here that he considers the whole game a major slip up and nothing to go into panic mode about yet...

Point taken. My bad.

macadoshis

Why don't you come up with something new please.  That joke is been so used.  Or can you not think of anything else????  For the record....I don't like the crew we have no more than you do.  And as for the smell.  I didn't choose where the field is either but itbis what it is.  Get over it already.  That joke was amusing the first hundred times someone else used it.  Jus sayin!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: macadoshis on October 17, 2014, 09:41:01 am
Why don't you come up with something new please.  That joke is been so used.  Or can you not think of anything else????  For the record....I don't like the crew we have no more than you do.  And as for the smell.  I didn't choose where the field is either but itbis what it is.  Get over it already.  That joke was amusing the first hundred times someone else used it.  Jus sayin!

I honestly dont think anyone from logan or franklin counties are too bothered by litter.  Chicken houses or litter covered fields are the norm.  Biggest thing lamar needs is parking and a crown and drainage work on that field.  Need to talk with the AD or Sup, whoever schedules the refs, and make sure they arent scheduled.

Lineman

As opposed to people constantly people putting down Charleston, it's team, & fans. Just sayin.......

nastynice

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 17, 2014, 07:47:23 am
I hear that Doc's #2 son (Luke, age 5) has drawn up some special plays for tonight's game. Better watch out!

You remember those days of playing in the front yard, don't you? How about a triple reverse pass? That ought to work every time. Always did for me. Of course there was no opposition, but why quibble about details.

Lamar better do something if they want to have a chance. Tigers are gonna try and prove a point if they get the chance tonight.

El Jefe

Quote from: nastynice on October 17, 2014, 11:00:43 am

Lamar better do something if they want to have a chance. Tigers are gonna try and prove a point if they get the chance tonight.
Isn't that the point every night ???

TheTruth2010

Thank you HF for clearing that up. Some people look into it to much. I'm sure they will lose but they will play better this week.

-Painted Fan-

I remember a few short years ago when Lamar came to Charleston for a game. Fans from both towns wore orange ribbons, and I painted an orange #60 that night, in remembrance of Lamar Warriors football player Tyler Davenport.
That game taught us all that the scoreboard doesn't matter, the W-L record doesn't matter, and that there are more important things in life.

macadoshis

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on October 17, 2014, 03:45:03 pm
I remember a few short years ago when Lamar came to Charleston for a game. Fans from both towns wore orange ribbons, and I painted an orange #60 that night, in remembrance of Lamar Warriors football player Tyler Davenport.
That game taught us all that the scoreboard doesn't matter, the W-L record doesn't matter, and that there are more important things in life.
[/quote
Thank you painted fan.  That means alot to me. 

passionate_fan

October 17, 2014, 04:43:14 pm #121 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 12:28:50 am by passionate_fan
Quote from: nastynice on October 16, 2014, 02:19:01 pm
There May be a lot of distance between the top two teams and all the rest of the teams in this conference. We will see about that soon. Lamar did not play as well as I expected them to and they know it. If I'm not mistaking the score was Booneville 7 Lamar 0 at the half. Lamar dropped a sure touchdown when the corner got clearly burned that would have made it tied at half given Lamar would have made their extra point. This is a young team that is still learning. This was the first time this year they were dealt adversity and didn't handle it well. You know, Like Booneville against the Sand Lizards. This was the first time the starters had to play much in the second half and were clearly rattled. Beginning the Season I figured everybody besides Charleston was playing for second place so it looks like Hootens may actually have it right. I wasn't surprised at last Friday nights loss like some I guess but I think you should win and be humble about it. Those ref"s made bad calls all night against both sides so to call them OUR refs couldn't be further from the truth. Haha  Anyway all I'm saying is you should want people to respect Tradition not despise it.....  Just saying!!   >:(

nastynice

Such an emotional rollercoaster, cheer so hard last wk against Lamar, now this week I want em to win! Should be a good game til half, 3rd qtr will decide a lot. Tigers seem to be a second half team this year. Maybe Coach has a good gameplan tonite.

sbplayer

Is this game on the radio?  If so what station?

Thanks

ChucktownTigerFan

Well lets see how these officials do tonight. Perfect weather for a good game.

WPWells

HF did you make it down for this?

OLDSCHOOL82

Well well ladies and gents.  Believe it or not I am interested in the outcome of this game.  Will the warriors show up with fire in their eyes?  Or will the chucktown swagger be too much?

HorseFeathers

Nope....stayed close to home tonight

WPWells

WPWells

I'm very impressed with Lamar tonight

HorseFeathers

sigh....knew i'd regret not going out there.

BigWolfC/O2017

Are they a pass heavy team?

WPWells

BigWolfC/O2017

tweaky1

43-28.  End of third. Charleston with a big int in the end zone. Lamar QB forced a throw and the db made a great play.

tweaky1

Charleston punt.    Ty Storey now playing defense

tweaky1

Late td by charleston. 49-28 final

WPWells

Very impressed with Lamar tonight. Really good team. Great quarterback and awesome receivers. If they could play defense they'd be a REALLY tough team

ATU

Quote from: tweaky1 on October 17, 2014, 09:18:56 pm
Charleston punt.    Ty Storey now playing defense
Chs has no choice but to play him on defense they lost 2 starters in Newhart and Jake don't no his last name for the season .They were 2 way starters at end and DB.

sampdawg

Lamar QB Braxton Sampley was 33/56 423 yards and 2 tds, also ran for a td.

WPWells

Hello, Mr. Sampley! Very impressed with him though

sampdawg

passionate_fan

October 17, 2014, 11:39:22 pm #142 Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:41:35 pm by passionate_fan
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 17, 2014, 10:25:50 pm
Very impressed with Lamar tonight. Really good team. Great quarterback and awesome receivers. If they could play defense they'd be a REALLY tough team
That was a fun game to watch. It would have made it a little more interesting if Lamar would have scored right before half at the goal line and not forced the ball on that pick to the End Zone in the second half(just trying to make a play). But that's Football and that's the way it goes... Lamar is a better Team than they showed on a wet field in the rain against Booneville. Congrats to a great Charleston team on a hard fought victory. The game between the Bearcats and the Tigers should be a dandy.. Good luck the rest of the season.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: nastynice on October 16, 2014, 02:19:01 pm

I'll still have them in the top 10 I do believe.....

adaptedtigerfan

I have Lamar in top 5 still.

Proud Buckaroo

What is your top 5, adapted?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 17, 2014, 11:54:45 pm
What is your top 5, adapted?

Here I'll help him out

1. Charleston
2. Charleston JV
3. Charleston Jr High
4. Charleston 7th grade