• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar vs. Charleston

Started by FNLsupporter, October 11, 2014, 01:36:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FNLsupporter

Ok, Lamar lost in poor field conditions to a very tradition rich physical Booneville.  I think Booneville would've won either way, but now on to next week.  Lamar vs. Charleston, forecast for Friday is sunny with a high of 79, low of 55 (or something close to it).  Weather should be great for both teams, so Lamar has every chance to show what they can do!

Charleston 56
Lamar       28

BigMan15

Charleston wins this one 48-28 close in the first half blow out in the second half.....which will set up for the  Charleston vs Boonville...

OLDSCHOOL82

Lamar wants to know if they can bring their own crew?

adaptedtigerfan

What ever do u mean, OLDSCHOOL

2010Tigerhaz-been

Two rivers put up 20 on the Tigers. Better get their defense sorted out like it was at the beginning of the season. Can't be relying solely on your offense against better teams like Lamar and Booneville.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 2010Tigerhaz-been on October 11, 2014, 04:41:42 pm
Two rivers put up 20 on the Tigers. Better get their defense sorted out like it was at the beginning of the season. Can't be relying solely on your offense against better teams like Lamar and Booneville.

Was told by a guy from Ola...that the rain was the only thing he seen that caused Two Rivers to hang around early...it was 26-20 in the 3rd quarter before Charleston exploded for 36 unanswered points.

WowAnArrowFan

I think Lamar cuts it close but can't pull through. Had it not Been raining and making it difficult to throw the football Lamar would of been a lot closet and might of been able to pull one out but Boonevilles double tight will work in just about any conditions.
Charleston-42
Lamar-35

Iron Owl

macadoshis

We don't stand a chance of keeping it close much less winning.  So we will hope for the three seed, try to win a first round game and go get smoked by Smackover.  Isn't that how it's already scripted?

macadoshis

And another quick note.  I've had the opportunity to get to know Ty and his family the last year through football combines.   Asking advice here and there.  He's a great kid.  I don't understand why so many people in the state want him to fail,  say he's not going to be a great QB at the next level.  Why do people want to see a great player fail?  I don't get it.  He's as humble a kid as you'll find, a hard worker, and I wish him all the success in the world.

WPWells

macadoshis

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 11, 2014, 01:56:59 pm
Lamar wants to know if they can bring their own crew?
[/qufot

For the record, I cringe every time I see that crew doing any of our games.  So, no we definitely don't want that crew. 

nastynice

Might be a close game, but I doubt it. Lamar could go either direction after getting pistol whipped. If they take it and build on it, it may be a game. But if they get down in the dumps, this will be a blowout.  My heart wants it to be close because I like Coach Jones but my mind says, No Way.

MICHAELSPAPPY

It will be interesting to see how Hootens picks it.

OLDSCHOOL82

Hootens will pick it chucktown by 24.  They love them some chucktown!

Iron Owl

Quote from: macadoshis on October 12, 2014, 10:05:19 am
And another quick note.  I've had the opportunity to get to know Ty and his family the last year through football combines.   Asking advice here and there.  He's a great kid.  I don't understand why so many people in the state want him to fail,  say he's not going to be a great QB at the next level.  Why do people want to see a great player fail?  I don't get it.  He's as humble a kid as you'll find, a hard worker, and I wish him all the success in the world.
He is the real deal...we can testify to that...

hoghelmet14

Quote from: macadoshis on October 12, 2014, 10:05:19 am

I am from Paris... as  yall should already know...... but you are 100 Percent Correct.... on all points.

I hate him in black and gold..... cant wait to see him in Razorback Red!

He has not had to face too many great teams.... which is what most conversations about him start with....

but that has nothing to do with his ability to hit guys whenever or wherever he wants.... if you want him to hit the second digit on a guys jersey 50 yards down field.... he can.

I don't know him personally.... but from watching him kill us over and over.... and over..... he is a superb talent...... SO GLAD HE IS GRADUATING!!! LOL Happy Dance!

Big Red

Quote from: macadoshis on October 12, 2014, 10:00:05 am
We don't stand a chance of keeping it close much less winning.  So we will hope for the three seed, try to win a first round game and go get smoked by Smackover.  Isn't that how it's already scripted?
LOL.  For the record, I wouldn't see you guys getting "smoked" by Smackover if that game comes to pass.  That would be a good game.  And for you Lamar fans, there could not have been a worse situation for you guys or anyone to play Booneville in.  However, though I don't think the forecast is calling for it, I might hope for rain and high winds against Chucktown.  And also, I am with you on your thoughts (about some other peoples thoughts) on Ty. 

statistics

MICHAELSPAPPY

What is the health situation on both sides?

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 13, 2014, 09:07:02 am
What is the health situation on both sides?

Both Schools probably have a coach teaching health.  As well as Drivers Ed and PE.

nastynice

Tigers wont lose to weaker teams at home. When is the last time Tigers got beat by a team they were supposed to beat??? ::)

BUCK FEVER

YOU NAILED IT.

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on October 13, 2014, 10:36:46 am

YOU NAILED IT.

I ain't gonna lie...  This made me laugh pretty hard.

MICHAELSPAPPY

October 13, 2014, 12:03:58 pm #24 Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 12:23:04 pm by MICHAELSPAPPY
I am a Lamar fan so I do not enjoy being negative, but the Warriors are not going to win big games until they stop beating themselves. You can't control the weather and you cannot control how good the other team is; but you can control your own focus, discipline, being out of position, bad tackles, and things of that sort. Beat Charleston, don't beat yourselves.

Can Lamar beat Charleston? Sure. The team I have seen at times could do it, but we can't be that team every other play and do it, not against the good teams. Lamar has the horses this year that they might beat C-ton, but the margin for error is very slim. Go to sleep a time or two and it is probably all over but the "slow walking and sweet singing." You won't get many second chances against them.

nastynice

MICHAELSPAPPY, I know you're a little biased because of a Lamar coach but you need to understand a couple things. Schools and fans that don't have any history or tradition have a hard time realizing if they have a good team or not. They get caught up in a couple decent players making them think they have a great team. You have no benchmark to judge your team. Schools with lots of history like Charleston, Booneville, Greenwood, Warren, Nashville, Barton, etc.....We know when we have a good team or not because we have something to compare to. We, here at Bvlle, know we have a good team, but we also know we don't have a great team. Nothing compared to last year. But we know where we are. Most of us won't fool ourselves. We are what we are, you are what you are.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: nastynice on October 13, 2014, 12:30:37 pm
Most of us won't fool ourselves. We are what we are, you are what you are.

And what we are is not good enough to beat Cton if we make a bunch of mistakes. Might not with a perfect game. Surely won't with a sloppy game.

nastynice

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 13, 2014, 12:39:04 pm
Quote from: nastynice on October 13, 2014, 12:30:37 pm
Most of us won't fool ourselves. We are what we are, you are what you are.

And what we are is not good enough to beat Cton if we make a bunch of mistakes. Might not with a perfect game. Surely won't with a sloppy game.
When I said, Most of us..... I ment Bvlle fans not you. I' m sorry that came across that way. I wasn't attacking you.

The Dynasty

The one thing that is guaranteed going into this game is that Charleston has the major edge in coaching. That gives us an advantage in almost every game we play. The other thing that always hampers Lamar is what I call the Charleston effect. Lamar thinks they are getting jobbed by the refs as soon as they walk on the field. I've seen it for years from Lamar. Paris is a close second in this regard. Consequently neither team has beaten Charleston in the last 10+, years if not longer. Charleston didn't play well against Two Rivers. Missed tackles and dropped passes all night long. That, along with hearing how tough this game will be since the schedule came out, I look for Charleston to be ready and jump on the Warriors early and often.

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on October 13, 2014, 10:43:10 am
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on October 13, 2014, 10:36:46 am

YOU NAILED IT.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I ain't gonna lie...  This made me laugh pretty hard.

Iron Owl

Quote from: RTF on October 13, 2014, 03:18:58 pm
Rich in tradition?.. what in the world... Name on d*m thing Charleston did before....what was it.... 2004? nothing
I think it's safe to say Charleston has established a Rich football tradition...even if its been in the last 10 years.... Jus saying..

Lineman

There may not have been any rings, but how many conference titles were there?  That's not exactly "nothing".

WPWells

Charleston has made the playoffs for the last 20 something years. Tradition started in the 90s with Coach Adams. For at least the last 20 years Charleston has earned respect and the last 10 we have been known as one of the top programs in the state. That's our tradition

nastynice

Rich in tradition?.. what in the world... Name on d*m thing Charleston did before....what was it.... 2004? nothing
Watch out, they'll jump you like a bunch of Spider Monkeys all hopped up on Mt Dew!!!! :o

DogsWin7

Don't have to worry....he keeps bypassing the sensor...he will bump himself. 

nastynice

What is your team?? ???

The Dynasty

Rome wasn't built in a day. This thing started back in the late 80's and hasn't slowed down since. With that being said, even if you just go back to 2004 we've still accomplished more than most schools have in their entire history. Charleston was tradition rich before 2004. We became a Dynasty after.

RTF

lol.. nice to see you guys out in full force.... I see even DieHard reported it to get it taken off lol.... Most of you were not even alive much less remember... dynasty lol Charleston was an easy win back in the day.

DogsWin7

Quote from: RTF on October 13, 2014, 04:34:13 pm
lol.. nice to see you guys out in full force.... I see even DieHard reported it to get it taken off lol.... Most of you were not even alive much less remember... dynasty lol Charleston was an easy win back in the day.
Sorry to disappoint....but I didn't report it. 

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: nastynice on October 13, 2014, 03:47:43 pm
Watch out, they'll jump you like a bunch of Spider Monkeys all hopped up on Mt Dew!!!! :o

I feel ya.

nastynice

October 13, 2014, 04:46:43 pm #40 Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 04:48:48 pm by nastynice
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on October 13, 2014, 04:44:53 pm
Quote from: nastynice on October 13, 2014, 03:47:43 pm

I feel ya.

Oh my gosh!!...........What the heck is that??? :o

The Dynasty

Quote from: RTF on October 13, 2014, 04:34:13 pm

And dinosaurs used to walk the Earth. What's your point?

RTF

When you Charleston and then refer to "rich with tradtion" is not actually correct.... that is my point. The program has been great in football in recent years but not always.

adaptedtigerfan

When was the last time Charleston missed the playoffs?   I gonna say...  Before you were born.

OLDSCHOOL82

Who's charleston ?  Never heard of the lad.

DogsWin7

October 13, 2014, 04:58:19 pm #45 Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 05:03:53 pm by DiehardFBfan
I have a feeling he's not as old as you all think....lol!  ;)

ATU

I read where Chs has been in the playoffs like 26 years in a row.

RTF

Charleston has missed the playoffs plenty... it has just been awhile. I don't have time to look it up for yah i gtg. I'm sure someone will lie and tell me off while I'm gone so have fun.

adaptedtigerfan

DogsWin7

One big happy family!!!! Lol!!  :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas