• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valley Springs Boys

Started by Eaglehawk535, March 01, 2018, 01:53:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Eaglehawk535

After watching today I can see why Johnny Taylor is no longer the Valley Boys Coach, girls coach wants too much of a say in matters. Her son is a good 10th grader but would never have made it in Johnny's  style of play. Not tough enough, especially on the Denfensive end. Anyone with any feedback or info on the topic??

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Eaglehawk535 on March 01, 2018, 01:53:37 am
After watching today I can see why Johnny Taylor is no longer the Valley Boys Coach, girls coach wants too much of a say in matters. Her son is a good 10th grader but would never have made it in Johnny's  style of play. Not tough enough, especially on the Denfensive end. Anyone with any feedback or info on the topic??
Cmon man

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Eaglehawk535 on March 01, 2018, 01:53:37 am

Pretty sure the Jenkins kid played for Taylor as a freshman...

ozarkmtnsman

The main reason Taylor left is because of the Superintendent. He did move the Jenkins kid up last year and he was a starter. Valley has had its share of drama the last few years on several fronts.

Bergman1820

I heard that Jenkins calls most of the plays for Hanney.

Head Lion

I know they keep Bounty employees working overtime with all the crying they do.

Classic54

You are absolutely correct. The girls coach has a lot to say and she is running the entire program. She is calling all the shots since her son plays. It is very oblivious to anyone that attends a game that she is in control. Coach Hanney has no say when it comes to the Senior High Boys team. It is a major conflict with her being on the bench while her son is playing. Hanney needs to tell her not to sit with him on the bench. She didn't sit with Taylor during games. She controls the coaching and her son controls the game. However, Hanney is allowing this to happen though. Until he tells her to take a step back and let him run the program things will not change. The team lost six players this year and will lose more if he don't make changes.

no mascot

Every Valley springs game I watched last year when Coach Taylor was still there Coach Jenkins was sitting on the bench.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: no mascot on March 12, 2018, 08:18:50 pm
Every Valley springs game I watched last year when Coach Taylor was still there Coach Jenkins was sitting on the bench.
Could be wrong but I don't think she sat on his bench for about the last 2 years

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Classic54 on March 12, 2018, 07:22:44 pm
You are absolutely correct. The girls coach has a lot to say and she is running the entire program. She is calling all the shots since her son plays. It is very oblivious to anyone that attends a game that she is in control. Coach Hanney has no say when it comes to the Senior High Boys team. It is a major conflict with her being on the bench while her son is playing. Hanney needs to tell her not to sit with him on the bench. She didn't sit with Taylor during games. She controls the coaching and her son controls the game. However, Hanney is allowing this to happen though. Until he tells her to take a step back and let him run the program things will not change. The team lost six players this year and will lose more if he don't make changes.

In her defense, she had about as many state championship game appearances as Hanney had wins coming into this year lol.

In all seriousness, it's a tough spot to be in for Hanney. Jenkins is the only thing that resembles an assistant coach for him but you know it's gotta be hard for her to be unbiased.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas