• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Way too early top 5 2019-20

Started by JimmyChitwood, March 08, 2019, 11:17:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyChitwood

1. ICC
2. ICC's bus
3. ICC's fans
4. ICC's janitor
5. The tread that fell off the tire on ICC's bus

yesteryearman

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on March 08, 2019, 11:17:20 pm
1. ICC
2. ICC's bus
3. ICC's fans
4. ICC's janitor
5. The tread that fell off the tire on ICC's bus

The only interest in 1A boys for next two years will be when ICC plays their 5A/6A schedule.   Call back in Oct of 2021.

boss85

1A next year is ICC and every one else. Cooper and Tharp graduate after next year, and I doubt if they have anyone as good to replace Cooper. Maybe they can fill the holes, time will tell.

yesteryearman

Quote from: boss85 on March 09, 2019, 11:12:10 am
1A next year is ICC and every one else. Cooper and Tharp graduate after next year, and I doubt if they have anyone as good to replace Cooper. Maybe they can fill the holes, time will tell.

From what I can tell even after Cooper graduates they will still have the #1 and #2 players in 1A.  That usually is enough to dominate 1A.  Again, there will be no debate until fall of 2021.

D6Bound

March 10, 2019, 11:03:55 am #4 Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 11:42:41 am by D6Bound
Edit: Moved this post to the 4A state champions were defeated by the 1A runner-ups thread.

Sports Loser

March 13, 2019, 05:08:44 pm #5 Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 09:19:56 am by Sports Loser
Boys
1. ICC (Cooper will comeback for his Sr Sr yr and make up for the worst 1min debacle in final win by 45)
2. WSGF (Same as the girls, heard it here first.  Will challenge ICC without homegrown talent)
3. Nevada (Young Scrappy team will be good for years)
4. Wonderview (coming off a state title run Richey uh I mean Squires will have them ready)
5. County Line (Always in top 5 ALWAYS
Girls
1. WSGF (Just trust me you heard it here firs,t may or may not be homegrown)
2. Emerson (very young if they improve they could be great)
3. Norfork (always top 5 ALWAYS)
4. Wonderview (will hire a new coach then shaft him then win another?)
5. Viola (heard they would be good again)

BlueBird4Life

Quote from: Sports Loser on March 13, 2019, 05:08:44 pm
Boys
1. ICC (Cooper will comeback for his Sr Sr yr and make up for the debacle in final win by45
2. Nevada (Young scrappy team that will be a tough out prob be in final again)
3. County Line (Always in top 5 ALWAYS
4. Wonderview (coming off a state title run Richey uh I mean Squires will have them ready)
5. WSGF (Young and might be in top 3)

Girls
1. WSGF (Just trust me you heard it here first may or may not be homegrown)

How can you have a girls top 5 without Rural Special in it?

Sports Loser

Quote from: Sports Loser on March 13, 2019, 05:08:44 pm
Boys
1. ICC (Cooper will comeback for his Sr Sr yr and make up for the worst 1min debacle in final win by 45)
2. WSGF (Same as the girls, heard it here first.  Will challenge ICC without homegrown talent)
3. Nevada (Young Scrappy team will be good for years)
5. County Line (Always in top 5 ALWAYS
Girls
1. WSGF (Just trust me you heard it here firs,t may or may not be homegrown)
Maybe my list is just too early.  Maybe forgot a team or 2

waterboyh20

Boys

1. ICC
2. Nevada
3. Hillcrest
4. Mt. Vernon
5. Concord
6. County Line

Bigleague

Westside boys had to make some moves to compete with ICC?

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on March 15, 2019, 12:14:41 pm
Westside boys had to make some moves to compete with ICC?
Sack thinks our boys had to make some moves to compete in this conference!! ICC pretty ambitious!!

Bigleague

I knew the girls conf was tough but I thought WS boys lost in finals of district to timbo while starting 3 freshmen. I think they definitely win that conference

BlueDevilFan

I heard that West Side Boys picked up a couple of new players recently and word is there is possibly a couple more moving over then as well. You know, I made a statement on this board saying that Brown would draw some players to their team, looks like I was right.  The naysayers laughed at me, maybe just maybe I knew a little more than them?   

ZacAttack

Quote from: SackAttack on March 16, 2019, 12:36:51 am
Sack thinks our boys had to make some moves to compete in this conference!! ICC pretty ambitious!!
My brother from a different mother, I'm going to have to both disagree AND agree with your comment.
I think West Side boys were going to compete in the conference with the players that finished this season.  I think they proved that during the District Tournament.  Those youngsters improved during the season.  And with another year of maturity and the rest of the conference teams (except Concord & Shirley) loosing key players, I believe the Eagles should be right at the top of the conference next season.
But I will agree that competing with ICC is very ambitious.  The Cougars have 2 State Finals appearances under their belts and they will continue to improve too.

Sports Loser

Quote from: BlueDevilFan on March 16, 2019, 08:46:06 am
I heard that West Side Boys picked up a couple of new players recently and word is there is possibly a couple more moving over then as well. You know, I made a statement on this board saying that Brown would draw some players to their team, looks like I was right.  The naysayers laughed at me, maybe just maybe I knew a little more than them?   
Well I sat with quite a few people from WSGF through a couple of tournaments this year and I know that they hired Brown and Tudor for multiple reasons.  From what I gathered from their fans beating certain conference teams was high on the list and winning multiple state championships.  I don't know if they got their goals in conference or not but not getting out of region I'm sure solidified the move ins for the boys and I'm 100% positive not getting out of district for the girls did.  I'm sure that they don't want that to happen again.  I guess WSGF might be the new Guy and if Brown and Tudor can get multiple state tournament championships it might look like it.  Time will tell. Maybe Brown just idolizes Hutch and decided to imitate him.  Worked for Hutch

Sports Loser

March 16, 2019, 02:01:08 pm #15 Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 02:06:10 pm by Sports Loser
Quote from: BlueDevilFan on March 16, 2019, 08:46:06 am
Just wondering why you think Brown would pull some players to that team?  That conference is loaded with good coaches from top to bottom.  Even on the girls side.  I'm not saying he isn't a good coach just saying there are some really great coaches in that conference and in that area.    I think there is a little more Hutchiness involved than on the surface. 

SackAttack

Quote from: Sports Loser on March 16, 2019, 02:01:08 pm
Just wondering why you think Brown would pull some players to that team?  That conference is loaded with good coaches from top to bottom.  Even on the girls side.  I'm not saying he isn't a good coach just saying there are some really great coaches in that conference and in that area.    I think there is a little more Hutchiness involved than on the surface.
Love that word Hutchiness Sack does Sports Loser!! Would that be Sackinese by any chance??

BlueDevilFan

Quote from: Sports Loser on March 16, 2019, 02:01:08 pm

I don't think that Brown or Tutor is invoking and Hutchiness, I think it's more of players wanting to play for them, or possibly it's more of the parent's wanting to live up and around the lake.  The ones I got wind of moved to West Side, and I think they will deepen the boy's bench quite a bit.

As someone else said time will tell, I feel that both teams will get better in the off season as both players and coaches get betting adjusted to each other.

SackAttack

Quote from: BlueDevilFan on March 18, 2019, 01:55:32 pm
I don't think that Brown or Tutor is invoking and Hutchiness, I think it's more of players wanting to play for them, or possibly it's more of the parent's wanting to live up and around the lake.  The ones I got wind of moved to West Side, and I think they will deepen the boy's bench quite a bit.

As someone else said time will tell, I feel that both teams will get better in the off season as both players and coaches get betting adjusted to each other.
Nice spin Coach Brown!! Who's place in the lineup do you see the newcomers replacing??

Sports Loser

Quote from: BlueDevilFan on March 18, 2019, 01:55:32 pm

Where did the kids move from on the Sr Boys?  They want to get closer to the lake?  I thought Heber Springs was pretty close to the lake but maybe I'm wrong.  But I'm sure you are right just trying to get closer to the lake.  Say what you want everyone knows what is going on over there.  Maybe losing to Hutchcraft so many times turned him into a Hutchcraft clone? 

501bball

1 from Heber Springs, 1 from Quitman, and the rumor is another one is coming from Timbo.

SackAttack

Quote from: 501bball on March 19, 2019, 09:46:59 am
1 from Heber Springs, 1 from Quitman, and the rumor is another one is coming from Timbo.
Sack says knowing the landscape and demagogory over here there's bound to be some mad folks before this all shakes out!! Folks here ain't the real happy sort of people they were when Boss was running the show! High Seed potential for disaster! Somebody's boy is gonna have to set the bench and bench sitting is Low Seed here on the lake!! Sack would send out parent letters saying no Sackfoolery will be allowed!!

Bigleague

Just a coincidence they moved I'm sure!!!!!!

riccoar

Only one I heard was possible was a 6-4 transfer across the lake.  Plus, you have the rest of the Jr. High starting squad reuniting with the Fab 3 Freshman from this year.

501bball

The Quitman and Heber boys already started school there before spring break.  Ballard is the one from Quitman and his dad did the same thing with the older brother, moving him to schools chasing a ring.  It worked for the older son but the younger one is not half as good as his brother and will see very limited minutes and West Side. 

SackAttack

Quote from: 501bball on March 19, 2019, 01:32:07 pm
The Quitman and Heber boys already started school there before spring break.  Ballard is the one from Quitman and his dad did the same thing with the older brother, moving him to schools chasing a ring.  It worked for the older son but the younger one is not half as good as his brother and will see very limited minutes and West Side.
Ballard?? As in muscle bound iron head Ballard?? Oh man I'm gonna buy me some popcorn and watch this! Lolololololol! His kid be about #9 on this squad!! Real good practice player though!! High Seed disaster in the making!!

Bigleague

How many srs played for WS this year?

game_day

Get your popcorn ready this is going to be interesting to watch up at GFW next year. There is only so much playing time and the starting 5 they had this year was good and I believe all returning. Who will have the most new faces the girls or the boys?

riccoar

Quote from: Bigleague on March 19, 2019, 03:08:58 pm
How many srs played for WS this year?
2 on the bench.  Cleanup time mostly.  Davis #2 a Junior played quite a bit.  Loads of talent at Freshmen and Sophomore this season.

Bigleague

It looks like we have found our team to challenge ICC then.

gamechanger11

Just to bad they still won't beat ICC. Then then coaches pleasant personality will start clashing when the wolves come knocking.

D6Bound

Quote from: Bigleague on March 20, 2019, 07:19:55 am
It looks like we have found our team to challenge ICC then.
Keep dreaming lol

riccoar

Quote from: D6Bound on March 20, 2019, 12:57:38 pm
Keep dreaming lol
I'd say they will have a team to get to State, but ICC will still be heavily favored in 2019-2020.

Bigleague

Riccoar, there was a lot of hype around WS before this year. Now they get everyone back plus 2-3 move ins that will play. I would think just making the state would be a major disappointment. I mean finish in top 4 in district then win one game in regionals. It's not that hard

Sports Loser

March 21, 2019, 07:35:09 am #34 Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:52:29 am by Sports Loser
I know the woman from WSGF that I sat by told me about how this group had never lost a single game in peewee and jr high and how Brown would win multiple state titles with them.  She knew all kinds of weird stats.  I figure that after the end of the year the powers that be went looking for help to get out of Regionals for the boys and District for the girls.  Even though on the girls side that conference was the best I've seen top to bottom in years.  Final 4 in state had 3 in it from that conference.  So it was tough.  I figure Brown learned some things from playing Hutchcraft and we are seeing it now.  Maybe it's just the school doing it and not the coaches I don't know.  Maybe it's the coaches.  But I figure they are building to make a run at ICC.  If they can add a couple of more they might

D6Bound

Coach Brown is a great coach and a classy guy that knows how to win. But come on, y'all are just reaching...Lets not forget about the unnecessary hype train that came with the New School last season...

BlueDevilFan

Quote from: SackAttack on March 18, 2019, 05:47:09 pm
Nice spin Coach Brown!! Who's place in the lineup do you see the newcomers replacing??

Nope not a coach, well does pee wee count? Did that for several years, but here lately just a fan who enjoys watching good 1A basketball. 

gamechanger11

Let's don't get carried away D6.

riccoar

Quote from: Bigleague on March 20, 2019, 02:49:54 pm
Riccoar, there was a lot of hype around WS before this year. Now they get everyone back plus 2-3 move ins that will play. I would think just making the state would be a major disappointment. I mean finish in top 4 in district then win one game in regionals. It's not that hard
I believe with the players pulled up this last season and the others joining them this next, had quite enough talent to get to state.  I had heard no talk of transfers.  The only one I really ever heard mentioned was the one from Heber.  But that was not the program going after him.  He could go to either school since his Mom teaches at WS.

Oxford Cat

Quote from: riccoar on March 22, 2019, 12:29:24 pm
I believe with the players pulled up this last season and the others joining them this next, had quite enough talent to get to state.  I had heard no talk of transfers.  The only one I really ever heard mentioned was the one from Heber.  But that was not the program going after him.  He could go to either school since his Mom teaches at WS.
Not sure this has anything to do with AAA eligibility.

gamechanger11

It's win at least two or its an epic failure. I mean they ran the dazzler off and he never lost a game with this group.

D6Bound

Quote from: gamechanger11 on March 23, 2019, 10:55:58 am
It's win at least two or its an epic failure. I mean they ran the dazzler off and he never lost a game with this group.
Hope y'all don't come across Nevada in one of those first two games...lol

Bigleague

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on March 25, 2019, 10:13:03 am
Nevada won't beat WS next year
Sacks prediction is that the Brown one will smile more and buy bigger shirts for the puffiness in his chest and larger adjustable ball caps for his head! Call 867-5309 to place your bets on odds at 83 to 1!!

Sports Loser

Quote from: BlueBird4Life on March 14, 2019, 09:16:11 am
How can you have a girls top 5 without Rural Special in it?
Rural Special not even in the top 20

Sports Loser

Quote from: Bigleague on March 25, 2019, 10:13:03 am
Nevada won't beat WS next year
Absolutely correct on this.  Nevada barely beat Timbo.  I honestly think WSGF can play with or close to ICC now with all the new players.  Hutc.....Brown has quite the group now.  If you can't win on your own go get 3-4 new players so you can compete.  I still bet ICC has a bunch to say about all of this the next few years.  We will see if it pays off for Hutchcraft at WSGF uh I mean Brown

D6Bound

Quote from: Sports Loser on March 27, 2019, 12:21:56 pm
Absolutely correct on this.  Nevada barely beat Timbo.  I honestly think WSGF can play with or close to ICC now with all the new players.  Hutc.....Brown has quite the group now.  If you can't win on your own go get 3-4 new players so you can compete.  I still bet ICC has a bunch to say about all of this the next few years.  We will see if it pays off for Hutchcraft at WSGF uh I mean Brown
haha

Sports Loser

Quote from: D6Bound on March 27, 2019, 01:48:26 pm
haha
You remember what happened the last time you laughed at Hutchcraft?

SackAttack

All jokes aside Sack bleeds green we all know that but Sack will tell you this one f Sack jr has to set the bench while these newbies come in and play Sack will consider this all a bunch of Sackfoolery and I'll sling meat allright but it won't be hamburger patties! Sack wants to win but not at all costs!!

501bball

2 of the 3 "move-ins" are just average players at best.  Have you ever even heard of the kid from Heber until this? The only thing anyone knows about Ballard is his dad is a Roid fien and his brother was an above average player at Guy.  Sack Jr will still have his same spot on the team.  I have never seen Gammill play so I will not comment on him.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas