• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Offensive Fouls

Started by Hitman Warrior23, March 01, 2018, 01:35:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitman Warrior23

March 01, 2018, 01:35:49 am Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 07:43:52 am by Hitman Warrior23
Offensive fouls.  Either A) our region don't do good enough job of calling them
Or
B) they became a major point of discussion before state with the Refs

Ok I watched 5 qtrs and an OT and seen more Offensive foul calls then I have the entire year.  Obsurd.  Ok well we won (so there is no excuses really) our girls were afraid to drive honestly just afraid to leave their feet period.  I caught last qtr of Boys game before is and I THINK there were 7 In that.  These rules are promoting players to "FLOP" plain and simple all 4 of my kiddos fouls were offensive (that's crazy).  Heck just a a few years ago we taught players to lower their shoulder and finish strong.  Just a different game especially in this tournament!!!

teachers pet

There were several called against Jessieville last night, you just have to adjust your game to the officiating.

smallybells

The biggest issue I saw while watching Perryville and VS play was inconsistency on both sides of the court, missing a hard foul, then calling a touching foul (sometimes), it started to frustrate players on both teams and some jawing ensued. I would rather the officiating crew come out and establish that they are going to call everything or let them play so the teams can adjust, that isn't possible when it is all over the place.

Hitman Warrior23

March 01, 2018, 07:40:21 am #3 Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 07:49:38 am by Hitman Warrior23
Quote from: smallybells on March 01, 2018, 07:32:16 am
The biggest issue I saw while watching Perryville and VS play was inconsistency on both sides of the court, missing a hard foul, then calling a touching foul (sometimes), it started to frustrate players on both teams and some jawing ensued. I would rather the officiating crew come out and establish that they are going to call everything or let them play so the teams can adjust, that isn't possible when it is all over the place.
Agree with that 💯 I thought good thing we're in state were gonna get better officiating.  Not so much.  Hard to completely adjust your game. In reference to the above statement.  But yes you are correct my kiddo had 4 offensive fouls called on her she was like what am I doing? I just started yelling you gotta quit leaving your feet.  But of course I was very biased on the calls haha.

smallybells

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on March 01, 2018, 07:40:21 am
I just started yelling you gotta quit leaving your feet.  But of course I was very biased on the calls haha.

Haha, that is just part of it when you have a kiddo out here. The few regular season games I got to catch this year and then the State tournament game yesterday, I can honestly say that you aren't the only one that sees the officiating that way. For the most part I actually saw more consistent officiating during my daughters 6th grade ball this winter, you would think it would be the opposite, but that is just part of it I suppose.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas