• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LIMITED CONTACT RULE PASSED

Started by IPROFB, August 06, 2014, 11:58:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

IPROFB

August 06, 2014, 11:58:35 am Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:05:46 pm by IPROFB
The Limited Contact Rule passed today.... Starting next week: Arkansas Football Teams may only have contact every other day and only TWO DAYS of contact IN-SEASON! I assume that ends all JV games?

Hootie

Bro I don't think anyone in 3A would have the numbers to field a JV team anyways.

KOJACK

Quote from: Hootie on August 06, 2014, 02:35:44 pm
Bro I don't think anyone in 3A would have the numbers to field a JV team anyways.
Prescott plays 4-6 JV games every year.

Hootie

That's impressive! Against Conference teams? McGehee hasn't had a "B" team in years.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: IPROFB on August 06, 2014, 11:58:35 am
The Limited Contact Rule passed today.... Starting next week: Arkansas Football Teams may only have contact every other day and only TWO DAYS of contact IN-SEASON! I assume that ends all JV games?

I knew that this would probably pass but are you sure its every other day?  Booneville always does hats monday, full pads tue and wed, and hats thursday with pre game. 

Lionheart88

It's actually 3 days a week of contact, not two.

KOJACK

Quote from: Hootie on August 06, 2014, 03:07:46 pm
That's impressive! Against Conference teams? McGehee hasn't had a "B" team in years.
No, not conference teams. I think usually a couple with hope and Nashville and not sure who else.

eaglefan568

How will they moniter this and what will be
The punishment for violating the rule?

BlueRaider

Yes, three days but Friday counts as one day, therefore Tuesday and Wednesday are the only other days in pads if you do a light Monday practice and a walk thru on Thu

KOJACK

Quote from: BlueRaider on August 06, 2014, 07:57:32 pm
Yes, three days but Friday counts as one day, therefore Tuesday and Wednesday are the only other days in pads if you do a light Monday practice and a walk thru on Thu
I thought they said not two days in a row? If that's the case it would have to be Mon and Wed.

Lionheart88

The proposal specifically forbids full contact practice on consecutive days in the Spring and "Preseason", but doesn't say for in-season, so it looks like you could practice consecutive days if you wanted.

DogsWin7

AAA board dudes goona drive by and check??

adaptedtigerfan

I don't think I could have came up with a better time to make a new rule....  Start of the season when EVERYONE is already practicing.

Summer time would have been a horrible time to vote on this.

Bwana

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 06, 2014, 08:33:56 pm
AAA board dudes goona drive by and check??
As long as there are opposing fans and disgruntled parents around, AAA won't have to drive by.. ;D

Hootie

Quote from: eaglefan568 on August 06, 2014, 07:54:06 pm

From my understanding the coaches will receive 9 lashes in front of the town on Friday before kickoff.

IPROFB

Quote from: Hootie on August 07, 2014, 09:02:06 am
Quote from: eaglefan568 on August 06, 2014, 07:54:06 pm

From my understanding the coaches will receive 9 lashes in front of the town on Friday before kickoff.
PERFECT

Lions84

Beaver Fever

The key is what defines full contact.  Is it determined by what you wear or how you play? Would the team camps during the summer be considered full contact?  They wear everything except knee pads and go to the ground on most plays.  That is the dumbest rule I've ever seen to allow those camps to go on without all your gear on, if you've ever seen one it is tackle football. To me it seems irresponsible to let the play tackle football without knee pads.

IPROFB

Quote from: Beaver Fever on August 08, 2014, 08:30:40 am
The key is what defines full contact.  Is it determined by what you wear or how you play? Would the team camps during the summer be considered full contact?  They wear everything except knee pads and go to the ground on most plays.  That is the dumbest rule I've ever seen to allow those camps to go on without all your gear on, if you've ever seen one it is tackle football. To me it seems irresponsible to let the play tackle football without knee pads.

Summer camps are not intended to ever go to the ground. In fact, you're not supposed to even wear protective gear under your shorts (even though every school I know breaks that rule at camp).

The rule is not based on what you wear or don't wear, it is based on CONTACT defined in the AAA handbook as 'contact with another player.'  It is basically the same as the first week of practice in August.  You can drill with pads, do 7-on-7, work pass skelly, but inside-run drills and full contact tackling drills can only be done twice a week (because the game counts as one contact day).  For the few coaches who try to follow this rule, it will change how teams prepare for Friday nights.  I have no problem with the rule as long as most coaches follow it. My guess is a lot will simply ignore it.

KOJACK

They have been doing that for at least the last 12 years at Prescott anyway. They would do it on Tuesday and Wednesday though. I guess that will change. They also play jv. So I guess that will have to be addressed as well.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

IPROFB - That was what I was afraid of, but AAA sent out clarification today that "thud" tempo in shoulder pads was fine. Basically what most people already do. But if they want to do a full contact Oklahoma drill or something similar, you can only do that for one practice a week assuming JV on Monday nights. Also clarified that it is all or nothing that if you play a JV game, that counts as a team contact day not just for those players.  After seeing the clarification, I don't think it will affect many teams, but may have a big effect on some run heavy teams that play in a phone booth and have to practice cutting a lot.

*anyone have any idea if I used affect and effect correctly? That and irony vs coincidence are my biggest struggles in English.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas