• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dont sleep on the Colts of Rivercrest

Started by cowboy2241, August 05, 2014, 11:19:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy2241

I see everybody is sleeping on Da Colts, I guess they have forgotten this team has will be loaded, just about everybody coming back from last years team. Qb and Rb should be a very good duo to watch, and that defense will be very good. Should have one of the best offensive and defensive lines in the state, will be very interesting to see them this year.

ISU7

If they play together as a team and players end up in the right positions, this team will be good. then again RiverCrest always compete...Good Luck too all teams this season...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cowboy2241 on August 05, 2014, 11:19:11 am
I see everybody is sleeping on Da Colts, I guess they have forgotten this team has will be loaded, just about everybody coming back from last years team. Qb and Rb should be a very good duo to watch, and that defense will be very good. Should have one of the best offensive and defensive lines in the state, will be very interesting to see them this year.
when you are good you can tell people. when you are really good people will tell you.

adaptedtigerfan

FBfan79

coltmom#10

Quote from: Oldman on August 05, 2014, 11:31:50 am
when you are good you can tell people. when you are really good people will tell you.
And when you are really really good, no one needs to tell you anything! Just kick butt and take names! And hopefully that's what ya'll will do!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: coltmom#10 on August 05, 2014, 01:51:08 pm
And when you are really really good, no one needs to tell you anything! Just kick butt and take names! And hopefully that's what ya'll will do!
there was a life lesson in there. see you missed it.

OB11

Colts should make a deep playoff run this year.  They have been young for a few years so experience should go a long way this season. 

Coltfan2005

Is that why you have those 8 state championships posted? Cause no one else wants to talk about how good Mcghee was in the 80's?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 07, 2014, 09:53:22 am

Is that why you have those 8 state championships posted? Cause no one else wants to talk about how good Mcghee was in the 80's?
nope i prefer to talk about the ones in the late 90's. it's mcgehee.

coltmom#10

Quote from: Oldman on August 05, 2014, 01:54:19 pm
Quote from: coltmom#10 on August 05, 2014, 01:51:08 pm
there was a life lesson in there. see you missed it.
:) :) :) :) :)

State champs 2010

If coach chandler don't run the same play over and over again and keep his best athletes on the field then they will be tough to beat!! Also think he needs to throw the ball a little more than last year! Offense was so predictable last year! Go colts!!!

ISU7

Quote from: State champs 2010 on August 23, 2014, 03:29:05 am
If coach chandler don't run the same play over and over again and keep his best athletes on the field then they will be tough to beat!! Also think he needs to throw the ball a little more than last year! Offense was so predictable last year! Go colts!!!
It's hard to throw the ball when you don't have a reliable receiver.... 8)

State champs 2010

#11 seems pretty realiable to me.. And the QB is the best athlete on the field maybe move him around the offense and give a young guy a chance to run the offense. Keep the ball in there playmakers hands and open up the play book and I gaurentee you it will bring success!! We will see Monday what we have to work with!! Go colts!!!

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: State champs 2010 on August 23, 2014, 09:21:28 pm
#11 seems pretty realiable to me.. And the QB is the best athlete on the field maybe move him around the offense and give a young guy a chance to run the offense. Keep the ball in there playmakers hands and open up the play book and I gaurentee you it will bring success!! We will see Monday what we have to work with!! Go colts!!!

yep, I have been known to voice  my opinion to the coaching  staff, only thing it ever got me was banned from the practice field..............just best not open that can of worms....

ISU7

The Colts are not deep, so the qb need to be protected at all times. Also you need more than one receiver. #11 has much respect from me ,he's a good player. we DON'T have a receiver than can change the game like T. Banks did in 2010  8)...........

OB11

The best bet for Rivercrest is to execute the run game well.  Throwing the ball has never been a strong suit for the Colts.  Everyone they play will know they are looking to run the ball first.  The problem with running the spread with a run first mentality is that your players have to be able to block it almost flawlessly for it to work.  If they can do that they will be tough to beat.   

Radiotalker

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on August 24, 2014, 01:13:53 pm
The best bet for Rivercrest is to execute the run game well.  Throwing the ball has never been a strong suit for the Colts.  Everyone they play will know they are looking to run the ball first.  The problem with running the spread with a run first mentality is that your players have to be able to block it almost flawlessly for it to work.  If they can do that they will be
Quote from: ISU7 on August 24, 2014, 07:37:39 am
The Colts are not deep, so the qb need to be protected at all times. Also you need more than one receiver. #11 has much respect from me ,he's a good player. we DON'T have a receiver than can change the game like T. Banks did in 2010  8)...........

#11? You don't know his name?

State champs 2010

Quote from: Radiotalker on August 24, 2014, 07:27:39 pm
The best bet for Rivercrest is to execute the run game well.  Throwing the ball has never been a strong suit for the Colts.  Everyone they play will know they are looking to run the ball first.  The problem with running the spread with a run first mentality is that your players have to be able to block it almost flawlessly for it to work.  If they can do that they will be

yeah I kno his name! Devin tittle!! And I hope y'all don't think to get deep in the playoffs just by running the ball!! Offense is to predictable.. I hope it's changed since last year cause if not we have a long season ahead of us!!

OB11

Quote from: State champs 2010 on August 25, 2014, 01:05:21 am
Quote from: Radiotalker on August 24, 2014, 07:27:39 pm

yeah I kno his name! Devin tittle!! And I hope y'all don't think to get deep in the playoffs just by running the ball!! Offense is to predictable.. I hope it's changed since last year cause if not we have a long season ahead of us!!

It's been done before.  Defense is going to be the key in anyone's season.  If you can keep the other team out of the end zone it doesn't matter what offense you run.  Don't look for Rivercrest to throw it anymore than they have the past few years.  The Colt's offensive philosophy is a lot like Malzahn's at Auburn.  They run the spread but 90% of the plays are run plays.  If they do throw, it will be a lot of tunnel screens or quick hitches to the outside. 

Jimbo Morphis

another coach wannabe.

Paperman

Rivercrest will be good, but they lack depth. The roster is shorter this year than last, but the talent is there. RHS simply cannot afford injuries. They could derail what should be a good season.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Paperman on August 25, 2014, 11:19:51 am
Rivercrest will be good, but they lack depth. The roster is shorter this year than last, but the talent is there. RHS simply cannot afford injuries. They could derail what should be a good season.
same at mcgehee. need cool weather and no injuries.

ISU7

Quote from: Oldman on August 25, 2014, 11:00:18 am
another coach wannabe.
Someone off the state champs team Oldman..lol ;D

ISU7

No team can afford an injury to a key player, with or without a back up.....

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ISU7 on August 25, 2014, 11:25:53 am
No team can afford an injury to a key player, with or without a back up.....
if you're bench is really weak all starters are key players.

coltmom#10

August 25, 2014, 01:32:52 pm #26 Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:56:06 pm by coltmom#10
 Offensive Line: The heart of the football offense is made up of the offensive line. The main job of the offensive line is to block for the quarterback and running backs. This sounds simple, but offensive linemen must be prepared for all sorts of stunts and tricks thrown at them from the defense. They must also be able to stand and block for a pass play (pass blocking) or push the defense a certain way to create holes for a run play (run blocking). Offensive linemen run plays and move blocks around to fool the defense in order to keep defenders off of the players with the football. Offensive linemen tend to be big and strong. Without a strong offensive line, the rest of the football team will struggle!! And we will struggle in the beginning!

We are spread to thin for an great offensive line! The QB better be quick on his feet, prepare to move and make a smooth hand off to the RB/FB! Also learn how to carry out his fakes!  I would love to see him throw a little more, but I don't think he will have the time! As for the RB/FB, we have 2.5 of those. Because 2 are in other positions.  ;)

CENTER: - We have a heck of a center, but he could also be used at FB  ;) But I seriously doubt that ever happens  >:(

Right and left Guard - We have one of those back  :)

Right and left Tackle - We have one of those back  :)

Tight end:   Tight ends need to be big, strong, fast, and have good hands.

We have NO true tight ends, but the one I would put there is in another position  :'( But we do have 2 that will be fine  :o :o

Wide Receivers: These football players line up on or near the line of scrimmage, but usually far away from where the ball is placed. These players main job is to get open and catch passes. The main skill of wide receivers is the ability to catch the football and speed. Some wide receivers are small and exceptionally fast, while other wide receivers are fast, but taller and use their size and height to catch the football over defenders.

Our best receiver is our QB!!! #11 should do good there,  we have two more that I would love to see step up and catch something other than a cold. :-*

Running Backs: These football players line up in the backfield. Their main job is to carry the football, but running backs also need to block during pass plays. Full backs are a type of running back whose main job is to block. They usually run in front and block for another running back that is carrying the football. Running backs are usually strong, fast, and able to see the field and quickly cut toward openings in the defense. Running backs also are receivers and often catch several passes during a football game.

This position is the one that is going to score for us! I really hope coach uses more than just the 2 to run the ball! #22 & #33 I would love to see some of those short passes to some of the other 2 I have in mind  :P

Defensive Line: The defensive line plays at the line of scrimmage just opposite the offensive line. Their main job is to stop the surge of the offensive linemen on a rushing play and to get to the passer on a pass play.

I think our D-line will be ok One new one, but a hoss #77  ;D ;D ;D

Nose Guard: A defensive lineman that plays at the center of the D-line right at the ball. The nose guard is a big, strong player who can clog up the middle and make it hard for the offensive team to run the ball. 

I hope to see #14 here and I think he will do a good job  ;D ;D

Defensive Ends: These football players play outside the tackles. Their main job is to rush the passer and to keep any rushing plays contained from getting outside. These players are big and strong, but also fast so they can get around the outside and to the quarterback.

We have a good DE #33 :)

Linebackers: The linebackers make up the next line of defense. Linebackers are usually the main tacklers on the defense. They plug holes in the defensive line when rushers try to get through. They also do some pass coverage of running backs and tight ends. Some teams use three linebackers and some four. There is usually a middle linebacker who calls out defensive formations and plays depending on the offensive set up. Linebackers must be fast and good tacklers.

Our LB's are not the fastest but they will get the job done!  #57 has lost weight and is quicker than last year and understands the position a lot better. #40 is good at making tackles.  :P :P

Cornerbacks: These football players cover the wide receivers and try to prevent them from catching a pass. They also help out on run plays that get passed the linebackers.

#7 is the best we have in my opinion  ;D ;D

Safety: Safeties are there to prevent the big play. At least one safety tries to stay behind the wide receivers if they should pass the cornerbacks. Safeties also help the linebackers out on run plays.

#22 will be great here ;D ;D

Special Teams:

Punter: The punter is the kicker who kicks punts. A good punt will be long and high to allow for the tacklers to get downfield. A good punter will also be able to control his distance and to stop the ball inside the 20 yard line.

This scares me!  :o

Field Goal kicker: This player kicks field goals and extra points. Accuracy is key here. This football player usually kicks the kick-off as well where distance is the main goal.

This scares me too!  :o

I hope and pray for #7, 40, 22,33,57 to stay healthy! If not it's really gone to be a long year! The other guys I hope and pray for you also, but ya'll will need the experience off these guys! Our bench is inexperienced! And I have one on the bench! Love ya #10! Oh I'm actually a momma to a #10! Finally!  ;D ;D ;D

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: coltmom#10 on August 25, 2014, 01:32:52 pm
Offensive Line: The heart of the football offense is made up of the offensive line. The main job of the offensive line is to block for the quarterback and running backs. This sounds simple, but offensive linemen must be prepared for all sorts of stunts and tricks thrown at them from the defense. They must also be able to stand and block for a pass play (pass blocking) or push the defense a certain way to create holes for a run play (run blocking). Offensive linemen run plays and move blocks around to fool the defense in order to keep defenders off of the players with the football. Offensive linemen tend to be big and strong. Without a strong offensive line, the rest of the football team will struggle!! And we will struggle in the beginning!

We are spread to thin for an great offensive line! The QB better be quick on his feet, prepare to move and make a smooth hand off to the RB/FB! Also learn how to carry out his fakes!  I would love to see him throw a little more, but I don't think he will have the time! As for the RB/FB, we have 2.5 of those. Because 2 are in other positions.  ;)

CENTER: - We have a heck of a center, but he could also be used at FB  ;) But I seriously doubt that ever happens  >:(

We have NO true tight ends, but the one I would put there is in another position  :'( But we do have 2 that will be fine  :o :o

Wide Receivers: These football players line up on or near the line of scrimmage, but usually far away from where the ball is placed. These players main job is to get open and catch passes. The main skill of wide receivers is the ability to catch the football and speed. Some wide receivers are small and exceptionally fast, while other wide receivers are fast, but taller and use their size and height to catch the football over defenders.

Our best receiver is our QB!!! #11 should do good there,  we have two more that I would love to see step up and catch something other than a cold. :-*

Running Backs: These football players line up in the backfield. Their main job is to carry the football, but running backs also need to block during pass plays. Full backs are a type of running back whose main job is to block. They usually run in front and block for another running back that is carrying the football. Running backs are usually strong, fast, and able to see the field and quickly cut toward openings in the defense. Running backs also are receivers and often catch several passes during a football game.

This position is the one that is going to score for us! I really hope coach uses more than just the 2 to run the ball! #22 & #33 I would love to see some of those short passes to some of the other 2 I have in mind  :P

Defensive Line: The defensive line plays at the line of scrimmage just opposite the offensive line. Their main job is to stop the surge of the offensive linemen on a rushing play and to get to the passer on a pass play.

Nose Guard: A defensive lineman that plays at the center of the D-line right at the ball. The nose guard is a big, strong player who can clog up the middle and make it hard for the offensive team to run the ball. 

Defensive Ends: These football players play outside the tackles. Their main job is to rush the passer and to keep any rushing plays contained from getting outside. These players are big and strong, but also fast so they can get around the outside and to the quarterback.

Linebackers: The linebackers make up the next line of defense. Linebackers are usually the main tacklers on the defense. They plug holes in the defensive line when rushers try to get through. They also do some pass coverage of running backs and tight ends. Some teams use three linebackers and some four. There is usually a middle linebacker who calls out defensive formations and plays depending on the offensive set up. Linebackers must be fast and good tacklers.

Our LB's are not the fastest but they will get the job done!  #57 has lost weight and is quicker than last year and understands the position a lot better. #40 is good at making tackles.  :P :P

Cornerbacks: These football players cover the wide receivers and try to prevent them from catching a pass. They also help out on run plays that get passed the linebackers.

Safety: Safeties are there to prevent the big play. At least one safety tries to stay behind the wide receivers if they should pass the cornerbacks. Safeties also help the linebackers out on run plays.

Special Teams:

Punter: The punter is the kicker who kicks punts. A good punt will be long and high to allow for the tacklers to get downfield. A good punter will also be able to control his distance and to stop the ball inside the 20 yard line.

Field Goal kicker: This player kicks field goals and extra points. Accuracy is key here. This football player usually kicks the kick-off as well where distance is the main goal.

I hope and pray for #7, 40, 22,33,57 to stay healthy! If not it's really gone to be a long year! The other guys I hope and pray for you also, but ya'll will need the experience off these guys! Our bench is inexperienced! And I have one on the bench! Love ya #10! Oh I'm actually a momma to a #10! Finally!  ;D ;D ;D
this should go straight into the ff hall of fame.

luxora4life

I would agree, but she left off the QB postition.  And I know she knows better than that! :) :) :) :)

AirWarren

Special Teams:

Oh. boy.

cuckoobird

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 25, 2014, 03:19:50 pm
Am i late to football 101?
don't come around here acting like you knew the punter was the kicker who kicked punts.

Jack1990

Special Teams:

I believe ESPN would call this an Instant Classic!

cuckoobird

August 25, 2014, 03:33:22 pm #33 Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:07:35 pm by cuckoobird
Quote from: Oldman on August 25, 2014, 03:22:48 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on August 25, 2014, 03:19:50 pm
Am i late to football 101?
don't come around here acting like you knew the punter was the kicker who kicked punts.
youre right. I thought it was the guy who uses play on words. Thanks coltmom for clearing that up

LJ06

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no positive karma and may god have mercy on your soul.

your name here

Looks like someone forgot to logout and little brother got on and rambled.

cuckoobird

LJ06

cuckoobird

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on August 25, 2014, 04:09:23 pm
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no positive karma and may god have mercy on your soul.

Excellent.

That must have been #11's mommy.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Oldman on August 25, 2014, 11:00:18 am
another coach wannabe.
4 state championships actually  ::) ;D

Gotcha

Reminds me of the story of the puppy who lost his way.

bleudog

August 25, 2014, 07:30:42 pm #42 Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 08:26:05 pm by bleudog

Special Teams:

Fans:

FF Posters:  These people play behind a keyboard.  Their main job is to coherently communicate with others who either like, hate or DGAD about the team about which the poster posts.  These posters often are players, former players or related to players/former players.  Posters come in all ages, genders, sizes and mental capacities; but some are "slow" and should not be allowed anywhere near a computer or mobile device.  Rivercrest has posters.  This scares me!  :o

;D

I got a kick out of your post CM10.  Good luck to your team this year. 8)

hawgfan15

Wow...   ??? That is all I can say about that post.

taclark1996

Wow. That is the most junk I have every seen in one post, your posting that like we don't know that already about football, that's a good pee wee lessons at there first accually football practice but not for a high school message board, now about the good players you mentioned you don't have to give a biography about them, jacket man can get pretty bad up in the 4a board, but not near as bad as this

State champs 2010

Well looky there!!! The colts threw the ball and look what happend. 41-8. 2 touchdown passes and another got called back. Colts offense looked good I hope they keep this same pace! Running backs are amazing athletes!! Good job colts!!

BUCK FEVER

I thought the sweet little lady made you guys a very entertaining post ...Ya'LL WOULDN'T DOING ANYTHING BUT HANGING AROUND ANYWAY,

OB11

I have a feeling that post will be talked about for years to come...

coltmom#10

I had a very rude message about me not knowing football so I thought I would let them know that I sort of keep up with it at times. Lol

coltmom#10

Quote from: taclark1996 on August 25, 2014, 08:05:23 pm
Wow. That is the most junk I have every seen in one post, your posting that like we don't know that already about football, that's a good pee wee lessons at there first accually football practice but not for a high school message board, now about the good players you mentioned you don't have to give a biography about them, jacket man can get pretty bad up in the 4a board, but not near as bad as this
kind of like your post

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas