• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Snoopy22 2014 Preseason Top 10

Started by snoopy22, July 17, 2014, 10:55:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopy22

snoopy22

I'm not trying to be mean, but about once every 10 years or so we at Prescott have a football team that is not very good.  Last year was one of those years and we still managed to go 6 and 6 and get to the second round of the playoffs.  We also out gained a semi finalist team by 100 yards during the regular season in a tight loss.  If you beat us last year, good for you, but you have to understand that was about as bad as it gets in Prescott.  Last year is over.

snoopy22

Also I would like to amend my top ten with the season ending injuries that Carlos Burton suffered I am going to drop Glen Rose from the #10 spot to the honorable mention list.  I am going to add Mayflower as my #10 team for the preseason.  Good luck to Carlos in the future and I hope that young man is able to continue his football career in college with a full recovery.  He was an outstanding running back for Glen Rose...they have had three great backs since 2007 and he might be the best of the bunch.

DeeGee

Quote from: snoopy22 on August 14, 2014, 08:14:36 pm
Also I would like to amend my top ten with the season ending injuries that Carlos Burton suffered I am going to drop Glen Rose from the #10 spot to the honorable mention list.  I am going to add Mayflower as my #10 team for the preseason.  Good luck to Carlos in the future and I hope that young man is able to continue his football career in college with a full recovery.  He was an outstanding running back for Glen Rose...they have had three great backs since 2007 and he might be the best of the bunch.

He is healing better than expected. The doctors told him that he should be able to play at the college level. He's very determined to be back on a football field.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: snoopy22 on August 14, 2014, 08:14:36 pm
Very sad to hear about that. He is a very talented running back and all the luck to him in his recovery and his future.

cdelaney

Quote from: snoopy22 on August 14, 2014, 08:08:03 pm
I'm not trying to be mean, but about once every 10 years or so we at Prescott have a football team that is not very good.  Last year was one of those years and we still managed to go 6 and 6 and get to the second round of the playoffs.  We also out gained a semi finalist team by 100 yards during the regular season in a tight loss.  If you beat us last year, good for you, but you have to understand that was about as bad as it gets in Prescott.  Last year is over.
Replies to you and Kojack: We get it, know last year was down for you and an "up" year for ECS. Your tradition is impressive, and over the next 10 years we may beat you 2-3 times total if we are lucky (and stay in same conference). But this year may be one of those years where you guys are on your way back up, and we are still at a pretty high level (for ECS), so hopefully it will be a good game. We do have quite a few boys who went to Prescott 2 seasons ago and got swamped. We were a depleted team by then and even at our best that year we probably would have been mercy ruled. But these are young kids who forgot about it as soon as it was over. They were soph's and freshmen that year. Last year they showed the benefits of the experience they had gained getting thrown into the fire before they were ready. I think they know Prescott will be tough, their toughest test of the year in conference, so they will respect the Wolves, but they won't be afraid of them or let what happened two years ago intimidate them. If we haven't lost some key players to injury by then, I expect a good game.

snoopy22

WildcatGrandpa13

As much trash as we talk, a blowout on either side would be a disappointment

Proud Buckaroo

Just as you say your team will be better this year. So will Smackover. They even have more depth to free up some kids. Also you out gained us in yards because our top runner back was not playing that game.

KOJACK

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 15, 2014, 03:32:04 pm
Just as you say your team will be better this year. So will Smackover. They even have more depth to free up some kids. Also you out gained us in yards because our top runner back was not playing that game.
And

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: KOJACK on August 15, 2014, 04:47:23 pm
And

AND ?

AND it would behoove  you if you avoided them in the playoffs.....it would hurt to get smacked 2 years in row.

KOJACK

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on August 15, 2014, 07:41:34 pm
And

AND ?

AND it would behoove  you if you avoided them in the playoffs.....it would hurt to get smacked 2 years in row.

Like I said in an earlier post, it wouldn't upset Prescott a bit to see y'all in the playoffs...but I'd be focusing on McGehee if I were y'all. ;D

Hootie

Quote from: KOJACK on August 15, 2014, 08:25:07 pm
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on August 15, 2014, 07:41:34 pm
And

AND ?

Like I said in an earlier post, it wouldn't upset Prescott a bit to see y'all in the playoffs...but I'd be focusing on McGehee if I were y'all. ;D

Nah let them worry about y'all. We suck anyways!

Proud Buckaroo

What rich has to say:

1. Smackover -- Outside of the top teams in the 3A-4 Conference, there isn't another group in this class with more quality and upside than the Buckaroos.
2. McGehee (-4) -- Owls became sixth team in Class 3A to win 50 playoff games with their first-round win. Seven starters both ways still isn't enough to keep up with Smackover, though.
3. Fordyce (-9) -- Redbugs join McGehee as the only two teams from this league with playoff victories in four consecutive seasons. Yet, no league titles dated beyond 2000 hang in the Fordyce rafters.
4. Camden Harmony Grove (-23) -- It's a big drop from third to fourth in this league. Chasm may be even greater if Hornets can't find nine offensive newcomers who fill the bill.
5. Fouke (-25) -- Panthers were much better than most teams in this league offensively and their defense wasn't bad. But can they sustain what they started? After winning seven in 2013, Fouke has never won more than 12 games in two consecutive years.
6. Lake Village (-29) -- Slide to Class 3A should eventually lead to Beavers return to postseason action. They've only been six times and haven't been back since 2006.
7. Genoa Central (-32) -- Dragons have just six varsity wins in three seasons, but they have 11 returning starters to help improve that total.
8. Drew Central (-43) -- Of the "Central" schools, this is by far the weaker with three consecutive winless seasons. There are 15 returning starters, but a climb out of the cellar is unlikely.

KOJACK

Also what Rich has to say.

Prescott was a big disappointment last year, winning just six games after averaging more than 10 a year over a seven-year period. In spite of that, we're looking for a nice bounce-back season for the Curley Wolves, who have a very healthy 54-20 playoff record, and are capable of winning at least a share of their seventh conference title in the last 10 seasons.

1. Prescott -- No team in the league has more offensive starters and only one team (Jessieville) has more players back on defense than Curley Wolves.
2. Glen Rose (-5) -- Beavers went all the way to the state-title game last year and have won at least 11 games in three of the last four seasons. Experience is lacking.
3. Episcopal Collegiate (-8) -- Wildcats are coming off back-to-back playoff seasons for the first time in school history and they're doing it with 15 starters in tow.
4. Jessieville (-18) -- Lions suffered through a one-win season for the first time since 1987, but will return with a vengeance and eight starters on both sides of the football in 2014.
5. Benton Harmony Grove (-19) -- What to like? The Grove cracked the postseason code last year and has never won fewer games than the previous season.
6. Centerpoint (-23) -- Knights lost an awfully good quarterback, but they return 13 starters from the program's winningest team since 2001. They remain winless in six postseason appearances.
7. Horatio (-25) -- Held to 15 points per game, Lions don't appear capable of showing enough improvement to crack the league's top three.
8. Bismarck (-30) -- Will celebrate 20-year anniversary of last conference title ... and not much else.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 16, 2014, 09:26:49 pm
What rich has to say:

1. Smackover -- Outside of the top teams in the 3A-4 Conference, there isn't another group in this class with more quality and upside than the Buckaroos.
2. McGehee (-4) -- Owls became sixth team in Class 3A to win 50 playoff games with their first-round win. Seven starters both ways still isn't enough to keep up with Smackover, though.
3. Fordyce (-9) -- Redbugs join McGehee as the only two teams from this league with playoff victories in four consecutive seasons. Yet, no league titles dated beyond 2000 hang in the Fordyce rafters.
4. Camden Harmony Grove (-23) -- It's a big drop from third to fourth in this league. Chasm may be even greater if Hornets can't find nine offensive newcomers who fill the bill.
5. Fouke (-25) -- Panthers were much better than most teams in this league offensively and their defense wasn't bad. But can they sustain what they started? After winning seven in 2013, Fouke has never won more than 12 games in two consecutive years.
6. Lake Village (-29) -- Slide to Class 3A should eventually lead to Beavers return to postseason action. They've only been six times and haven't been back since 2006.
7. Genoa Central (-32) -- Dragons have just six varsity wins in three seasons, but they have 11 returning starters to help improve that total.
8. Drew Central (-43) -- Of the "Central" schools, this is by far the weaker with three consecutive winless seasons. There are 15 returning starters, but a climb out of the cellar is unlikely.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 16, 2014, 09:26:49 pm
What rich has to say:

looks pretty good. can't say i disagree with anything on there. fouke could move up depending on who they cheat at home.

snoopy22

You guys were without Sims, (and he won't be playing this year either) but the reason you were out gained is because you were dominated up front.  We only have four of those offensive linemen back this year though so maybe you guys will hit a growth spurt before you play us in the playoffs.  McGehee is my pick to win that conference followed by Smackover, Fordyce, Camden Harmony Grove, and Fouke.

crmorrow24

Quote from: snoopy22 on August 19, 2014, 08:14:21 am
You guys were without Sims, (and he won't be playing this year either) but the reason you were out gained is because you were dominated up front.  We only have four of those offensive linemen back this year though so maybe you guys will hit a growth spurt before you play us in the playoffs.  McGehee is my pick to win that conference followed by Smackover, Fordyce, Camden Harmony Grove, and Fouke.
The Bucks will run-away with it in their conference this year, mark it down! BTW, they will also end JC win streak week 1.

snoopy22

ummmmm I doubt it.  On both those predictions.

crmorrow24

Quote from: snoopy22 on August 19, 2014, 08:29:52 am
I just caught a big bass.  I baited you bro.  Your right about one....they will not beat JC!

snoopy22

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: crmorrow24 on August 19, 2014, 08:52:02 am
I just caught a big bass.  I baited you bro.  Your right about one....they will not beat JC!

The defecation is about to hit the rotating oscillator.....UNION COUNTY WAR, SEPT 5TH 2014.

Union county  football is in a class by itself , last year , Union county county had "four: teams playing in the state semi finals, Eldorado, junction city, smackover and strong, not sure any county  (75) has ever had four teams still representing that late in a season....

Junction city is becoming a legend in arkansas high school football, coach carp will be a legend, JC is probably the best coached, best conditioned (mentally and physically ) in the state, these players brains are programmed to believe they can and will beat any team they face, regardless of there opponent, you could send them to Hoover Alabama and they would be expecting to win.

on sept 5th 2014 Junction city will field a team with a 27 game win streak,  back to back state championshps,.......everyone is back... the number # 1 running back in the state (DANCY)  (ALL classifications ) another  automatic D-1 player ... nationally highly regarded recuite )BELL)..........3 or 4 other D-1 prospects......some Junction fans claim this maybe the best JC ever.

If my pee wee (world champs, lol.) now 11th graders are what I thought they were, if they have now matured to be what I know they are.......(and yes proud Buck my grandson is one of them) ..(you guessed right  :) ).......If our coaches can prepare to play a David Carpenter in the second half.......then there is no doubt in my mind Smackover wins a shocker..........28-20

Yogi

August 20, 2014, 01:07:16 am #123 Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:12:17 pm by Yogi
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on August 19, 2014, 08:19:56 pm

Union county  football is in a class by itself , last year , Union county county had "four: teams playing in the state semi finals, Eldorado, junction city, smackover and strong, not sure any county  (75) has ever had four teams still representing that late in a season....
Union county had three teams make it that far , Strong didn't make it to the semifinals last year , also some smaller county's only have two or three schools total and Calhoun and Dallas and probably others only have one school in their county.

KOJACK

The defecation is about to hit the rotating oscillator.....UNION COUNTY WAR, SEPT 5TH 2014.

Junction city is becoming a legend in arkansas high school football, coach carp will be a legend, JC is probably the best coached, best conditioned (mentally and physically ) in the state, these players brains are programmed to believe they can and will beat any team they face, regardless of there opponent, you could send them to Hoover Alabama and they would be expecting to win.

on sept 5th 2014 Junction city will field a team with a 27 game win streak,  back to back state championshps,.......everyone is back... the number # 1 running back in the state (DANCY)  (ALL classifications ) another  automatic D-1 player ... nationally highly regarded recuite )BELL)..........3 or 4 other D-1 prospects......some Junction fans claim this maybe the best JC ever.

If my pee wee (world champs, lol.) now 11th graders are what I thought they were, if they have now matured to be what I know they are.......(and yes proud Buck my grandson is one of them) ..(you guessed right  :) ).......If our coaches can prepare to play a David Carpenter in the second half.......then there is no doubt in my mind Smackover wins a shocker..........28-20

The only thing I got out of this is that you are old  ;D

snoopy22

I think that is an impressive stat for the county even if Strong didn't make the semis.  Grandpa Fever I'll go ahead and give you some props on that one.  Junction will probably beat you guys though.

adaptedtigerfan

Charleston, Booneville & Greenwood are in 3 diff county's but are all within 15 mins of each other.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 20, 2014, 09:05:58 am
Charleston, Booneville & Greenwood are in 3 diff county's but are all within 15 mins of each other.

yes, but consider Sabastian county "alone" has a population of 125.000...........union cty has a population of 41000.........thru the 2013 season that 41000 population was supplying 6 high schools, not counting westside christians private school.

BUCK FEVER

August 20, 2014, 09:48:20 am #128 Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:50:02 am by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: Yogi on August 20, 2014, 01:07:16 am

Union county had three teams make it that far , Strong didn't make it to the semifinals last year , also some smaller county's only have three schools total .

I stand corrected Eldo, JC, Smack, semi finals....Strong qtr finals.

also some smaller county's only have three schools total .
[/quote]

And the percentage  of schools from your county that made it to the semi finals WAS WHAT ???

BUCK FEVER

August 20, 2014, 10:27:36 am #129 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:47:21 am by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: KOJACK on August 20, 2014, 06:50:14 am

The only thing I got out of this is that you are old  ;D

KOJACK

I think you just proved my point lol

snoopy22

Dang I like Mrs. Grandma Fever way better than Grandpa Fever!!

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: snoopy22 on August 20, 2014, 10:32:40 am
Dang I like Mrs. Grandma Fever way better than Grandpa Fever!!

I'm rather fond of her myself .

BUCK FEVER

August 20, 2014, 10:58:29 am #133 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:45:49 am by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: KOJACK on August 20, 2014, 10:31:50 am

E

KOJACK

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on August 20, 2014, 10:58:29 am
Quote from: KOJACK on August 20, 2014, 10:31:50 am

Eat your heart out Kojack, be sure and send me a pic of your wife when she turns 54.

Nothing sadder than an old person trying to be young...but serious, I'm sure you outkicked your coverage on her.

Jimbo Morphis

this thread now has some potential. this could get good. looks like buck fever loves buckaroos and cougars.

adaptedtigerfan

Cougar...  Did someone say cougar?

My favorite!!!

BUCK FEVER

August 20, 2014, 11:15:20 am #137 Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:32:41 am by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: Oldman on August 20, 2014, 11:04:09 am
this thread now has some potential. this could get good. looks like buck fever loves buckaroos and cougars.

OLDSCHOOL82

At least everyone is staying on topic.  Or...wait...What top 10 list is this?

KOJACK

You got any other pics gramps fever ;D

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on August 20, 2014, 11:15:20 am

Cougars are in Layfayette county.

she pure Buckaroo.

Mine looks better...  But I have more respect for mine to post her all over a message board.

KOJACK

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 20, 2014, 12:03:27 pm
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on August 20, 2014, 11:15:20 am

Cougars are in Layfayette county.

she pure Buckaroo.

Mine looks better...  But I have more respect for mine to post her all over a message board.
I agree adapted...just send them to my phone please sir...lol

DogsWin7

With a wife like that Fever...I'm trying to figure out why your so cranky on here??   :)

tigers14

That eharmony is something these days....lol....by the way I can only imagine the conversation "some guys from prescott were talking stuff about our bucks, so I showed them multiple pics of you and said here hope your wife looks this good when she is turning 54!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Man you really got Kojack and Snoopy!

DogsWin7

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 20, 2014, 11:25:33 am
At least everyone is staying on topic.  Or...wait...What top 10 list is this?

Rank your Cougar?   lol!  Just kidding!  :)

DogsWin7

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on August 20, 2014, 09:43:28 am
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on August 20, 2014, 09:05:58 am

yes, but consider Sabastian county "alone" has a population of 125.000...........union cty has a population of 41000.........thru the 2013 season that 41000 population was supplying 6 high schools, not counting westside christians private school.
it's Sebastian County....not Sabastian...but good stats.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: KOJACK on August 20, 2014, 11:57:04 am
You got any other pics gramps fever ;D

no more rated PG.......I have to draw the line with these, lol. ;)

Yogi

August 20, 2014, 12:51:25 pm #147 Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:36:16 am by Yogi

Junction still wins .

OLDSCHOOL82

Why are we arguing over pics of Buck Fevers woman and over semifinal percentages of counties?

DogsWin7

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 20, 2014, 12:57:18 pm
Why are we arguing over pics of Buck Fevers woman and over semifinal percentages of counties?
because Buck Fever is senile???  lol  :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas