• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A playmakers for the 2014 Season

Started by Truckman555, April 07, 2014, 02:22:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jr17

Justin Bailey cracks ESPN top 300 at 280something. #26 RB in the nation

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on June 18, 2014, 08:41:49 am
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on June 18, 2014, 08:35:59 am
I'm tryin my best...  We give full rides over here all tuition is paid..  If you qualify you can get your lunches paid or reduced... But housing we can't really do anything about that we don't have dorms on campus..  We are working on that project....

We give out coupons to dollar general. It doesnt work worth a flip though.

Are the coupons apart of the Sponsorship deal? Assuming it's been re-upped since then...:D

jr17

Justin Baileys recieves 2nd full ride offer from Mid Tenn. St. More to come.

macadoshis

Hunter Davenport
Lamar, AR
LB
Class of 2017
6'/225
LB MVP at the Top 100 Top Prospect Showcase at the University of Oklahoma.

Used his size and strength to his advantage
Had very good feet for a big linebacker
Covered surprisingly well and was very coachable

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: macadoshis on August 03, 2014, 12:35:28 pm

Hunter Davenport
Lamar, AR
LB
Class of 2017
6'/225

are you hunter or did you coach him at the showcase?

AnotherTurfMonkey

Quote from: Oldman on August 04, 2014, 08:28:26 am
Quote from: macadoshis on August 03, 2014, 12:35:28 pm

Hunter Davenport
Lamar, AR
LB
Class of 2017
6'/225

are you hunter or did you coach him at the showcase?

I saw this kid and the LB from Charleston at a combine in Springdale.
My pick would be the quicker more downhill LB from Charleston.  Both are good backers.  Don't mistake that.

coltmom#10

macadoshis

August 04, 2014, 01:08:42 pm #107 Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:17:15 pm by macadoshis
Worked with Davenport a little in prep for this showcase.  Speed was a factor at Springdale so we were able to cut a couple tenths off his 40 and feet are a little quicker.  I saw the Charleston kid also.  Very impressive linebacker.  Both should have tremendous seasons. 

ATU

What linebacker from Charleston you talking about.All 3 starters are back from last year Gerlick is 6'1 180 with 4.9 speed and Lynch is 6'1 170 with 4.9 speed and Posky is 5'10 200 with 4.7  speed at best.They are good high school players.

OLDSCHOOL82

It's hard to get a good read on a linebackers ability at a combine.  The nose for the ball and natural instinct do not come in to play and that's key to a good lb.

macadoshis

No idea what his name was, just knew he was from Charleston.  Davenport is 6' 225 with 4.9 speed.  Just a sophomore so will try to get him down to 4.55-4.6 in the coming years.

macadoshis

I couldn't agree more old school.  He started the playoff game against Barton as a freshman and had 11 tackles, 3 for a loss.  I take more stock in what you do during the season and at college camps.  We'll see what he can do in a full season of work.

OLDSCHOOL82

Knocking off .3 to .35 from a 40 time takes a lot of work starting at a 4.9.  Better shoot for a 4.7.  Proper speed training can knock .10 off pretty easily and then that second .10 takes some work.

macadoshis

I agree.  Have three years.  He's pretty raw.  Didn't have any training before the Springdale combine and ran a 5.1 was able to get it to a 4.9 since March.  Just gonna try to get a little better each year. 

adaptedtigerfan

The one at Springdale was Posky... He is 5'10 210 and runs a 4.6... He had 66 solo and 100 assists as a jr and was All State.

macadoshis

adaptedtigerfan

AnotherTurfMonkey

Quote from: macadoshis on August 05, 2014, 11:56:59 am
Did Poskys dad play at UCA?

I thought his dad went to County Line?
They don't even have football down there.

DogsWin7

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on August 05, 2014, 12:29:02 pm
Quote from: macadoshis on August 05, 2014, 11:56:59 am
Did Poskys dad play at UCA?

I thought his dad went to County Line?
They don't even have football down there.
it's an all basketball school.   :)

mack truck

Fordyce has some great talent too. Heard that Gates kid is an athlete and can play all over. Ive seen him play baseball.He's fun to watch.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: mack truck on August 06, 2014, 01:49:00 pm
Fordyce has some great talent too. Heard that Gates kid is an athlete and can play all over. Ive seen him play baseball.He's fun to watch.
keep fishing

mack truck

adaptedtigerfan

speaking of redbugs......where is Redbug31, haven't seen him on here in a long time.

mack truck

Are the Redbugs gone suck this year.Nobody is talking about them! I know they should have SOME studs too? Junior high team moved up. They were undefeated last year. Heard they got a big line.And The junior high team before that lost only one game to (Mcgehee) to an inadverted whistle. So they must have some studs too.

OLDSCHOOL82

Jimbo Morphis

Hootie

Quote from: mack truck on August 18, 2014, 02:30:05 pm
Are the Redbugs gone suck this year.Nobody is talking about them! I know they should have SOME studs too? Junior high team moved up. They were undefeated last year. Heard they got a big line.And The junior high team before that lost only one game to (Mcgehee) to an inadverted whistle. So they must have some studs too.

We're all playing for second this year.. Drew Central should run away with the title.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: mack truck on August 18, 2014, 02:30:05 pm
do you have a cousin in warren named superjack?

WildcatGrandpa13

Allie Freeman from ECS. His explosiveness and field vision are remarkable at the high school level.

KOJACK

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on August 18, 2014, 08:13:46 pm
Allie Freeman from ECS. His explosiveness and field vision are remarkable at the high school level.
Remarkable

snoopy22

The Justin Bailey kid is a great looking athlete.  Saw him at the 3A state Track Meet and was very impressed with his size and speed.

mack truck

This year is going to be interesting. Oldman, i'll have some of that meth left after Fordyce and Smackover beat Mcgehee.Save me some of that shine.lol

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: mack truck on August 19, 2014, 09:39:00 am
This year is going to be interesting. Oldman, i'll have some of that meth left after Fordyce and Smackover beat Mcgehee.Save me some of that shine.lol
i'm pretty sure those 3 are the best in the conference just no idea what order they will finish. smackover has to be the favorite. also have never heard of any shine being made in the delta.

mack truck

I think it will be Smackover, Mcgehee, then Fordyce. I will be able to tell about Fordyce after the first game. Just like Mcgehee, Fordyce's juniors will carry that team..Fordyce lost several key players.

jr17

Snoopy just a little add on, he's now the #1 RB in the state.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: KOJACK on August 19, 2014, 06:47:30 am
Remarkable
Feel free to argue with me if you don't agree

cdelaney

Quote from: jr17 on August 20, 2014, 07:05:13 am
Snoopy just a little add on, he's now the #1 RB in the state.
[/quote
By who's rating?

jr17

cdelaney

Quote from: jr17 on August 20, 2014, 06:08:54 pm
Oh that'd be ESPN.
thats really cool. He is very talented for sure. Good luck to him and Eagles this year.

jr17

Proud Buckaroo

snoopy22

Cool.  I believe it...very athletic.

KOJACK

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on August 20, 2014, 04:18:40 pm
Remarkable
If you call someone remarkable and then someone else says yes they are remarkable how is that not agreeing? Some of you holier than thou EC$ guys make me sick.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: KOJACK on August 21, 2014, 08:37:14 am
Remarkable
If you call someone remarkable and then someone else says yes they are remarkable how is that not agreeing? Some of you holier than thou EC$ guys make me sick.
I thought you were making fun of my word choice KOJACK, my apologies

crmorrow24

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on August 21, 2014, 10:58:44 am
Quote from: KOJACK on August 21, 2014, 08:37:14 am
Remarkable
I thought you were making fun of my word choice KOJACK, my apologies
Kojack was making fun paw.

snoopy22

I said it Paw.  I sat upon Paul Pa.

KOJACK

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas